• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 7th: PM2019 023 - Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

This is the same show that had freaking HO-OH show up in the very first episode. Before Johto was even a thing.
Kanto and Johto are technically connected so it's like say the United States and Canada, not hard to believe someone in Kanto would see Ho-oh.

May got an Eevee egg in Hoenn aka literally the only region in the entire franchise where's it's impossible to get an Eevee without Trading. (At least until the Remakes)
Um....May got Eevee in Kanto in a breeding episode. I think the better example is Munchlax which couldn't got period until Diamond and Pearl (not counting using one temporarily in the Gamecube games, I think but at least in appeared in them).

A Blaziken showed up in the Johto region etc...
Owned by a trainer FROM Hoenn.

What I'm saying here is, the writers don't give a Rattata's hindquarters. XD
Absolutely true, but it wouldn't hurt for there to be an in-universe reason. I mean at least ORAS has this in the games where because of what happens with Groudon/Kyogre foreign Pokemon start to appear in the actual region. But yes they could easily say "LMAO, there needs to be a reason? LOL, you crazy."

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't really get why people find it strange when bird Pokemon appear in other regions.

They're birds. They fly. That's their thing (well, for most species).

Honestly, out of all Pokemon (outside of swimmers and reality-bending teleporters), they're the most logical to appear in other regions.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My only doubt is if this Morpeko is wild or not. I expect it to have a trainer since Morpekos are not wild/native to Kanto. Must have been brought by someone.

I'd bet it's wild, ain't no way they're passing up a Pikaclone being on the cast. And it'd suck if they did, considering Morpeko is actually interesting unlike the discount Raichu that hanged around in XY. I'd wager Morpeko is one of the few of Go's captures that frequently appear, like the kanto bugs do.

I don't really get why people find it strange when bird Pokemon appear in other regions.

They're birds. They fly. That's their thing (well, for most species).

Honestly, out of all Pokemon (outside of swimmers and reality-bending teleporters), they're the most logical to appear in other regions.

'Tis why I'm hoping James gets a Cramorant in the upcoming Rocket episode.

Mew29240

I'd bet it's wild, ain't no way they're passing up a Pikaclone being on the cast. And it'd suck if they did, considering Morpeko is actually interesting unlike the discount Raichu that hanged around in XY. I'd wager Morpeko is one of the few of Go's captures that frequently appear, like the kanto bugs do.

'Tis why I'm hoping James gets a Cramorant in the upcoming Rocket episode.

The moment we saw a Cramorant gobble up a Pikachu, we knew it had to go to James. It is fated.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
If it is a Morpeko, maybe it hatched from an Egg a trainer/pokemon left behind and it just started gobbling up any food it could find because it didn't know any better?

That could work, although I'm a little bit cynical about its origin story being told at all. I think it'll just appear here without an explanation being given about how it arrived in the Kanto region. Overall though, I'm a little more excited to see Gou's Goloog in action here than I am about possibly seeing Morpeko.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Meltan doesn't seem to have an assigned region. They left it in the Gen VII side of the Dex, but it's obvious that it doesn't belong there either.

Agree... It's a very unique case... It's a Gen. 7 mon but is not an Alola native, not even Kanto, it's from GO... I wonder if Sinnoh remakes will have cases like this one soon... But the anime can just make it debut in Sinnoh since Ash and Go can travel there to encounter the mon for this series...

But the only thing I can think of with Meltan's case would be making an anime-exclusive story... Like make Sevii Islands (a region related to Kanto games) an anime place with Prof. Willow present and make Meltan a native there...

diakyu

Don't wanna be that guy but I was right about this being about Go's mons and therefore couldn't be anywhere but the lab, Morpeko notwithstanding.

Red and Blue

Don't wanna be that guy but I was right about this being about Go's mons and therefore couldn't be anywhere but the lab, Morpeko notwithstanding.
Aside from Golurk's seal becoming undone this still could have taken place in Oak's lab. One of Ash's reserves could have evolved like Go's Cascoons

diakyu

Aside from Golurk's seal becoming undone this still could have taken place in Oak's lab. One of Ash's reserves could have evolved like Go's Cascoons
When's them cascoon's gonna evolve then lol

I still think your episode idea is better but I am looking forward to this one. I've wanted a lab ep with Go's mons for a while.

Who else would it be about? They're the ones who live in the park.
Just poking fun at the discussion I had on the first few pages lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
diakyu said:

I didn't really have a problem with the lab setting since it's not necessarily a bad thing to see a whole episode take place there, but I am glad that there's at least a reason for this circumstance. A lot of Gou's Pokemon deserve screen-time, so the limited setting and the missing food subplot should do them justice.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The Lab is full of his Pokemon, they would have to take part in this somehow even if this wasn't about him.

Anyway, its cool to see Dustox evolution (I wish he could trade the other two for something else), and Golurk being part of this, I would love if the seal breaking would turn Golurk into a normal Pokemon, I've complained about its size before, I just did some Go raids and the Pokemon revert to normal size after being defeated, not sure why Golurk didn't (maybe it was the titans thing), but I'm hoping its not a standard for raid Pokemon.

diakyu

The Lab is full of his Pokemon, they would have to take part in this somehow even if this wasn't about him.
I was told in this very thread there was no indication they were involved in this episode, despite it being obvious from day 1 they were. People, not you or this discussion rn, gotta make amends with these "kanto" episodes involving Go's mons because it's where they live.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Myślę, że Morpeko pojedzie do Gou. Nie widzę tego pokemona w Satoshi, ponieważ ten pokemon jest wzorowany na Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.