• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 7th: PM2019 023 - Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Damn dude. Corona pretty much canceled the rest of 2020 at this rate.

Lets see euros 2020 hs been postpones, olympics has been posponed, formula 1 for next 2 months has been cancelled, french open has been postponed, wimbledon has been cancelled, all the football leagues and the champions league has been put on hold. Yup pretty much everything has been put on hold.

Master Pikachu 11

I feel bad for people who really love this series, since this almost certainly means a shorter season overall, though by how much I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Unless the future game plans also get delayed by a similar amount...but either way things are gonna be messy. It’s a shame but perfectly understandable.
I’m sure the games will be delayed as I don’t see how they can continue working on them if the anime stopped working on new episodes.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don’t understand why these episodes were pulled off because of the Coronavirus. I can understand if they were still in production, but they’re already done so why are they being cancelled now?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I don’t understand why these episodes were pulled off because of the Coronavirus. I can understand if they were still in production, but they’re already done so why are they being cancelled now?
Because they would need "gap" between airing and production of episodes.

From what i know, an episode is usually created 3 (or more) months before its "expected" airing date, and in this case they haven't been able to produce any new episodes for a month now (i guess). So they had delayed the airing of already finished episodes, because even if they air them now, they would eventually have to put the show on hold later on to go back to their normal production/airing schedule.

RetroPokeFan

Ash: “Well, screw it. It’s duvet day for the next few days or so. Fend yourself with the food we have Pikachu.”

Jokes aside, I saw the show being sent on a hiatus coming because of the whole thing going on in Japan so I hope everyone in the production team and the VA’s keep themselves safe.

Sword master zacian

Whenever the heck crisis is over and anime restarts which i hope soon
They should air this ep and tr epiosdes at same time these are just kinda fillers episodes

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Given how overworked animators tend to be I wonder if this break could also allow for a less insane and tight production schedule? Some of these episodes are finished not so long before being sent off to be aired and it shows. I certainly remember many Dragon Ball Super episodes with a two week break looking far less uglier than ones on a week by week schedule.

ssquaderi

Well, we got a preview, even though this episode won't be airing next week, strange for them not to air it considering it's fully developed

dman_dustin

I get that that the 2nd half of episode 21 was kept secret, but Morpeko seems like its going to show up in the last few minutes, which is weird.

Well, we got a preview, even though this episode won't be airing next week, strange for them not to air it considering it's fully developed

I guess staff still have to present to make sure an episode airs properly or something, perhaps potentially relating to PR in case an episode causes a horrible reaction, though I don't know if that's even a thing that happens in Japan. Is outrage from episodes a thing in Japan as it is in the US, maybe not to the same degree of extremeness but just there could be outrage?

But I'd say probably still some staff in general need to be present, which is why the episodes that are finished won't air the new episodes because there just isn't enough staff to air the episode.

If I'm wrong, I'm not entirely sure why they're not airing the new episodes, since if they don't need staff to air the episodes, I don't know why Covid-19 would prevent the release of already made episodes, like definitely after the Korrina episode probably maybe would've made more sense to have the break. So I'm left assuming there's a staff shortage that would prevent the episodes to air.

Because like I said, if safety isn't a concern in the context of airing the episodes, because staff aren't necessary for this broadcasting phase, again I don't know why they're taking a break. As I'm implying a break only makes sense if they aren't prepared to release the episodes that should be ready to air. So I'm not sure what the reasoning is.

True, ultimately there would still have been a break and I understand, I'm just confused as to why now IF there isn't an understandable staff shortage or COVID-19 isn't actually directly preventing the release of these episodes. I would think only direct issues with the virus, would be why they would delay (such as delay in production), social distancing, quarantining, but if those aren't why the episodes are put on hiatus (as in they could've waited for a few episodes before that was a concern), then yes I'm lost on the why now?

But ultimately its whatever, for me.

Well so it seems that the scene of Go and Raboot in the rain in the upcoming episodes preview is from this episode. The blue flash in that preview is of the Cascoon evolving then, and not Raboot.

Potentially but I don't see why they'd put it in the preview if it wasn't Go training Raboot, and just Raboot trying to stop Golurk or protecting the Cascoon.

Last edited:

Sword master zacian

No signs of mrpeko yet
Maybe it coupd be in. Second half

Or in other episode in galar it would sense fpr a galar pokenon to have episode in galar
But i guess the second part or ending part hasn't been shoen yet

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I wasn't expecting one of sides to be all bug types

No signs of mrpeko yet

Or in other episode in galar it would sense fpr a galar pokenon to have episode in galar

The preview only show Pokémon accusing each other of stealing the others food so will probably won't any other clues on who the thief is until the episode airs.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No signs of mrpeko yet

Could always say it stowed away on a food shipment or something
But I hope this is a one time thing, I can make an exception for Cramorant given it has wings and Team Rocket needs a new Pokemon... but I'd really rather all the rest of the Galar Pokemon catches happen in Galar, not Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.