• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 7th: SM78 - Ultra Beast Clash! Operation: Boom Boom Crackle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This episode is airing in June, so the "one beast per month" theory may or may not be correct after all.

However, if two are gonna show up like people are speculating, then I guess that means it still applies since that counts for both May and June. They wouldn't want to interrupt the Ula'ula stuff, I suppose. Makes sense.
I like the name of this episode, hopefully we will finally see a serious UB plot.

We already have. The Celesteela episode.

Ultra Beasts that have debuted: Buzzwole, Poipole and Celeestela.

Ultra Beats left to debut: Pheromosa, Kartana, Xurxitree, Guzzlord, Blacephalon, Stakataka, Naganadel.

Not even half of the ultra beasts have debuted, wonder if this arc will last at least until November. o_O

About this episode it looks like it could be Xurxitree but against who?

There's also the possibility of Nihilego returning since it's in the opening, though I guess it could be there simply because it's an Ultra Beast group shot.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
There's also the possibility of Nihilego returning since it's in the opening, though I guess it could be there simply because it's an Ultra Beast group shot.
Nihilego is also the Ultra Beast. First one revealed, played a major role in the games and in Lillie's anime backstory. It'd be really nice if the writers had the anime version Aether Foundation use it specifically to try and find out more about UBs.

Henry's Journey

This episode is airing in June, so the "one beast per month" theory may or may not be correct after all.

However, if two are gonna show up like people are speculating, then I guess that means it still applies since that counts for both May and June. They wouldn't want to interrupt the Ula'ula stuff, I suppose. Makes sense.

We already have. The Celesteela episode.

Oops, I forgot about Nihilego, that was the first ultra beast to debut in the anime (I don't know if Nebby counts as UB) so 4 UB have debuted so far.

Well, now that I think about a battle of Xurxitree vs Blacephalon could be explosive.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
You know this episode has BEASTLY written all over it when both Tomioka and Iwane are involved!

My only real concern here is that this is going to be a battle-heavy episode five weeks after his last episode, as opposed to his usual six.

Still, the Golden Trio coming back for an episode centered on battles is bound to be great. Tomioka Atsuhiro, Asada Yuuji and Iwane Masa'aki!

Genaller

Silver Soul
My only real concern here is that this is going to be a battle-heavy episode five weeks after his last episode, as opposed to his usual six.

Still, the Golden Trio coming back for an episode centered on battles is bound to be great. Tomioka Atsuhiro, Asada Yuuji and Iwane Masa'aki!
Ah yes I should’ve also included Asada when justifying why this episode is going to be BEASTLY! “The Golden Trio” is quite a fitting name for them :D.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Ah yes I should’ve also included Asada when justifying why this episode is going to be BEASTLY! “The Golden Trio” is quite a fitting name for them :D.

It's such a shame that Asada hasn't been as involved as he was with the end of Diamond & Pearl, where he personally storyboarded and directed five of the last twenty episodes and was very heavily involved in the Shinji episodes. I'd love to see a continuation of where Diamond & Pearl left off with Shinji, Takuto and the Champion League.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I hope Poipole does something of importance in this episode. So far, it's just been a bit mischievous here and there.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe light can be used as a plot device so that Poipole can be caught in the fray among the Ultra Beasts. And that could be used to develop Poipole's battling skills too.

IcySealeo

Do we know for sure if Blacephalon is the UB that's going to appear in this episode? Because Bulbapedia already listed it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

yeah, but tbh, last week's episode was relatively conserbative relative to his usual output

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Do we know for sure if Blacephalon is the UB that's going to appear in this episode? Because Bulbapedia already listed it.
not as far as I know (also, what happened to those data broadcasts things we had in XY/Z showing a featured pokemon of future episodes even further than what we had episode titles? I remember we got stunfisk for cilan's special at the end of XY before we even knew the title of greninja's release episode)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
That was posted by someone who thought they had proof, there is no proof yet.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We have a summary:

Satoshi and the others have gone to see a fireworks display at Melemele Island. There, they happen to see a mysterious, unscheduled series of fireworks. And while they're talking about this incident the next day, the Ultra Guardians receive urgent dispatch orders. It appears this is all somehow connected to the mysterious fireworks, but...

(also, what happened to those data broadcasts things we had in XY/Z showing a featured pokemon of future episodes even further than what we had episode titles? I remember we got stunfisk for cilan's special at the end of XY before we even knew the title of greninja's release episode)

The data broadcast is still around, but they no longer make it possible to see what the broadcast Pokemon for any episode other than the current one is.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So as I rightly said, Ash is indeed back in Melemele Island. As usual, they have to cut short other islands in favor of Melemele. Also, this confirms that it is Blacephalon who's the UB. Let's see how they handle this, since Blacephalon is 'supposedly' one of the more dangerous and threatening UB's.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I'm looking forward to. Blacephalon is one of my favorite Ultra Beasts.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So as I rightly said, Ash is indeed back in Melemele Island. As usual, they have to cut short other islands in favor of Melemele. Also, this confirms that it is Blacephalon who's the UB. Let's see how they handle this, since Blacephalon is 'supposedly' one of the more dangerous and threatening UB's.

Does it really matter which island in the Alola region they spend the most time on?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Does it really matter which island in the Alola region they spend the most time on?

Well yes, because both Akala and Ula'ula have way more interesting places, yet, they're constantly cut short just to get back to Melemele. In Akala we didn't see Heahea City or Konikoni City, and while they could return to Ula'ula again, I'm very doubtful we'll see Malie City or garden and other interesting places.

DatsRight

I wonder if this might end up a limelight episode for Acerola. Her and Mimi-tan while having some importance in this arc, so far haven't done much but act as onlookers or damsels in distress.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I wonder if this might end up a limelight episode for Acerola. Her and Mimi-tan while having some importance in this arc, so far haven't done much but act as onlookers or damsels in distress.

I wouldn't mind that, but it seems very doubtful since this is going to happen back in Melemele Island, and unless Acerola for some reason accompanies Ash to Melemele, it's very unlikely to be a limelight episode for her.

Henry's Journey

So they ended up going back to Melemele that soon? ok the Ula'Ula arc was short similar to the Akala arc, this is what expect for the Poni arc now.

I still want my episode at Hokulani observatory tho, and the potential league may take place on Lanakila mountain altough I wouldn't be surprised if Kukui establishes the league on Melemele.

Status
Not open for further replies.