• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 7th: SM78 - Ultra Beast Clash! Operation: Boom Boom Crackle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So they ended up going back to Melemele that soon? ok the Ula'Ula arc was short similar to the Akala arc, this is what expect for the Poni arc now.

I still want my episode at Hokulani observatory tho, and the potential league may take place on Lanakila mountain altough I wouldn't be surprised if Kukui establishes the league on Melemele.

They've been faithful to the game locations for places, just not Pokémon (which is normal). I'd still bet on Kukui choosing to set up the League on Mt Lanakila since the point of putting it up there is to test Trainers' strength.

Red and Blue

Not Xurki but Blace. I put Xurki because in first page people were talking about Xurki so I put it against Blace.
You said the episode would be Xurkitree vs Blacephon. I'm asking were it was implied that the former UB would be in the episode.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
You said the episode would be Xurkitree vs Blacephon. I'm asking were it was implied that the former UB would be in the episode.
Yes, because people are saying about Xurki, thus I put Xurki vs Blace. If they talked about Stakataka( I'd have put Staka vs Blace): Duh.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Yes, because people are saying about Xurki, thus I put Xurki vs Blace. If they talked about Stakataka( I'd have put Staka vs Blace): Duh.
Except that it's neither stated nor implied anywhere in the summary that Xurkitree is appearing in this episode. People were speculating that more than one Ultra Beast would appear in this episode based on the "Ultra Beast Clash" part of the title, but that was before the summary was released. Based on the summary, it seems like the Ultra Beast of the Day might be Blacephelon, but there's nothing to suggest Xurkitree might appear.

My guess is the "Ultra Beast Clash" part of the title refers to the Ultra Guardians' confrontation with Blacephelon (assuming that's the Ultra Beast that appears in this episode), not two Ultra Beasts battling each other.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
well, they're back on melemele, that's disappointing, but still, interesting, especially considering the golden trio is involved here

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Except that it's neither stated nor implied anywhere in the summary that Xurkitree is appearing in this episode. People were speculating that more than one Ultra Beast would appear in this episode based on the "Ultra Beast Clash" part of the title, but that was before the summary was released. Based on the summary, it seems like the Ultra Beast of the Day might be Blacephelon, but there's nothing to suggest Xurkitree might appear.

My guess is the "Ultra Beast Clash" part of the title refers to the Ultra Guardians' confrontation with Blacephelon (assuming that's the Ultra Beast that appears in this episode), not two Ultra Beasts battling each other.
So, I put Xurki out of speculation in my comment based on other people's saying.Duh.
It seems so, but I'd like it to be two UB fighting so Ash and others try to calm them down.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really hope the title isn't a mislead and we actually get a fight between some Ultra Beasts!
Blacephalon's certainly making a debut here.

So they ended up going back to Melemele that soon? ok the Ula'Ula arc was short similar to the Akala arc, this is what expect for the Poni arc now.

I still want my episode at Hokulani observatory tho, and the potential league may take place on Lanakila mountain altough I wouldn't be surprised if Kukui establishes the league on Melemele.

Oh god I really really hope not....
Lumiose having the League in XY was alright because Lumiose is basically the capital of Kalos.

But the Melemele pandering this saga is just annoying, EVERYTHING just happens to happen on Melemele. It's annoying how many episodes are on that island compared to the others. Not to mention yet another UB incident just happens to be on Melemele and not Akala, Ula'Ula, or even Poni.....

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Satoshi and the others have gone to see a fireworks display at Melemele Island. There, they happen to see a mysterious, unscheduled series of fireworks. And while they're talking about this incident the next day, the Ultra Guardians receive urgent dispatch orders. It appears this is all somehow connected to the mysterious fireworks, but...

Well at least we have a summary, a shame really I was really hoping to see two wild UBs fight each other, I was also hoping to see Xurkitree but oh well.

At least Blacephalon should hopefully play an antagonistic role considering what its Pokedex says about it, even if the Pokedex does like to over exaggerate details about Pokemon, I can't wait to start nitpicking.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm pretty sure Blacephalon is the one appearing here because of the mysterious fireworks that resulted in Ash and his classmates being summoned for another Ultra Guardians task. I hope this episode is a bit more interesting by making Blacephalon harder to befriend and overall making Blacephalon hard to control.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh god I really really hope not....
Lumiose having the League in XY was alright because Lumiose is basically the capital of Kalos.

And Melemele...isn't? It's the first island. And in the games, it's where a good portion of the important characters live, including the player. It's the home of Tapu Koko, the tapu that gets the most focus in the plot.

It also includes Hau'oli, which is Alola's big city equivalent to Lumiose, just like Unova had Castelia and Hoenn had Mauville (in ORAS).

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Well yes, because both Akala and Ula'ula have way more interesting places, yet, they're constantly cut short just to get back to Melemele. In Akala we didn't see Heahea City or Konikoni City, and while they could return to Ula'ula again, I'm very doubtful we'll see Malie City or garden and other interesting places.

But not every episode involves a specific location unless it contributes to the plot of the episode somehow.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, so guess there's a real possibility that we will finally have a serious episode assigned to the UB's (after Nihilego's role in the Aether Foundation arc of course). Considering 'Rumble Crash' is likely a reference to thunder and lightning, and in the new summary the UB case is mentioned to be related to 'Fireworks', I guess there is a real possibility that Xurkitree and Blacephalon would have a fierce clash/brawl. Have to say that this episode seems to be intriguing.

And well, Ash has returned to Melemele. Didn't expect the Ula Ula arc to be over this early, but SM has a tendency to run things, so....

ShadowForce720

Hmm, so guess there's a real possibility that we will finally have a serious episode assigned to the UB's (after Nihilego's role in the Aether Foundation arc of course). Considering 'Rumble Crash' is likely a reference to thunder and lightning, and in the new summary the UB case is mentioned to be related to 'Fireworks', I guess there is a real possibility that Xurkitree and Blacephalon would have a fierce clash/brawl. Have to say that this episode seems to be intriguing.

And well, Ash has returned to Melemele. Didn't expect the Ula Ula arc to be over this early, but SM has a tendency to run things, so....

Except for the fact that there is nothing in the episode title or summary that even implies that Xurkitree is going to show up here and before you bring up the Rumble Crash thing I suggest you take another look at the episode title, as if you look at the episode title for this episode there is no such words in the episode title.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
The core staff for the episode suggests that the episode will probably have some battling in it. Tomioka usually writes plot-heavy episodes and Asada is the series' best action director and Iwane is not only a great action animator he's faster than any other animator ever.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Except for the fact that there is nothing in the episode title or summary that even implies that Xurkitree is going to show up here and before you bring up the Rumble Crash thing I suggest you take another look at the episode title, as if you look at the episode title for this episode there is no such words in the episode title.
I suggest then that you check these posts:

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...ation-boom-boom-crackle.662584/#post-18560076

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...ation-boom-boom-crackle.662584/#post-18560078

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...ation-boom-boom-crackle.662584/#post-18560084

Dephender said in an earlier(deleted) post that the word 'rumble crash' was possibly meant to be a pun for thunder and lightning, which could be a referrence to Xurtitree.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I suggest then that you check these posts:

Dephender said in an earlier(deleted) post that the word 'rumble crash' was possibly meant to be a pun for thunder and lightning, which could be a referrence to Xurtitree.

Except that he changed the translation. We didn't have a summary when this first came out, so there was no info to indicate what the title was referring to.

The only thing that's guaranteed is Blacephalon for now.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Except that he changed the translation. We didn't have a summary when this first came out, so there was no info to indicate what the title was referring to.

The only thing that's guaranteed is Blacephalon for now.
I see. I wasn't aware that he changed the translation. Anyway, I still think it's more likely that an clash between multiple UB's could happen here, as the title mentions 'Ultra Beast Clash'.

Status
Not open for further replies.