• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 7th: SM78 - Ultra Beast Clash! Operation: Boom Boom Crackle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Doesn't the summary all but outright say the Blacephalon/Zugadoon is the Ultra Beast they'll encounter in this episode since it's literally the Fireworks Pokemon.
It doesn't say who the Ultra Beast will be but it is certainly Blacephalon because of the suspicious fireworks. When we get the preview tomorrow, it might show that Blacephalon is indeed the Ultra Beast to be featured in this episode.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Yay, Xurkitree's debut! I really like this mon, so it makes me very happy :D

Same for the fact it sounds to be an action-y episode, with it battling Blacephalon!

Henry's Journey

With Xurxitree and Blacephalon debuts confirmed, ultra beast left to debut are: Pheromosa, Kartana, Guzzlord, Stakataka and Naganadel.

I think they could finish the ultra beasts quest before episode 100 and then the Necrozma arc stuff, now I wonder how long will it take to Poni Trial arc, from Akala to Ula'Ula they took their sweet time, over 35+ episodes.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I always pretty much knew it from the very essence of the title that not one, but multiple UBs, would appear here.

Anyway, at least with two UBs like Blacephalon and Xurtkitree fighting each other, it looks like this episoide would be very likely full of some serious and intense action, instead of the comical gag-based episodes, exactly how they have dealt with 2 UB's (Buzzwole and Celesttea) prior to this in the UG arc.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
That's really cool seeing 2 Ultra Beasts in one episode, battling. It'll be funny if they just let them tire themselves out. Maybe they'll use their Fly Pokémon. I really want one or two of the classmates (that isn't Ash or Kiawe) to take it down. Ash and Kiawe already had their time to shine dealing with an Ultra Beast (Buzzhole and Poipole.)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That's really cool seeing 2 Ultra Beasts in one episode, battling. It'll be funny if they just let them tire themselves out. Maybe they'll use their Fly Pokémon. I really want one or two of the classmates (that isn't Ash or Kiawe) to take it down. Ash and Kiawe already had their time to shine dealing with an Ultra Beast (Buzzhole and Poipole.)
Lillie or Lana please :)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Lillie or Lana please :)
Or Mao chan. :D
Unless the writers find another comical way of befriending the UB's, and deal with them in that unconventional way like they did with Buzzwole and Celesteela(which absolutely has been extra boring so far), there's absolutely no logical way that Lillie, Mallow or Lana can star against Blacephalon and Xurkitree as Ultra Guardians. Certainly not by fighting them.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
And there were two UB. Happy for that. Since Flygon is in the VA list maybe (and hopefully) it will be Mallow that bonds with one of them. I just don't want any of the boys to take the light from the girls here. Maybe Lana and Mallow or Mallow and Lillie. Would be cool if one of the girls captures the UB but looks like in the UG group, Ash and Kiawe(2nd in command) are more of the "catcher", Lillie is the healer and Lana, Mallow and Soph are the "side helpers". So when the summary says "what operation will they try" I could see them splitting in two groups maybe.

So far, sounds like a promising episode.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So it's a 2-in-1 Ultra Beast episode. I can see two individuals from the Ultra Guardians befriend Xurkitree and Blacephalon separately, and it seems to be a bit more challenging this time because there are two types of Ultra Beasts instead of one. So they might have to find two different Ultra Wormholes instead of one.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well, this episode certainly just got more interesting! I hope that the fact that the Ultra Guardians have to deal with two Ultra Beasts who are fighting each other means they won't be able to resolve the issue or capture the Ultra Beasts with slightly comedic solutions, like with Buzzwole and Celesteela, and might actually have to battle the creatures in order to subdue them. I wouldn't mind seeing a combination of battling and something similar to what the girls did in the Celesteela episode, such as creating a barrier around the area where the two Ultra Beasts are battling. Since we now know the Ultra Guardians aren't limited to using only their own on-hand Pokémon and can command the Ride Pokémon, that opens up more opportunities for some of the non-battlers to have a larger role.

I wonder which Ultra Guardian will get the spotlight this time. Kiawe got Buzzwole, Sophocles got Celesteela, and Ash is Poipole's guardian, so if the writers intend to continue that trend, then it only stands to reason that one of the girls will get the focus here.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Another thing that surprises me is that Blacephalon is considerably smaller than Xurkitree (who is hecking giant). I wonder how will the anime deal with that, or just scale them evenly.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh cool, we really are getting two Ultra Beasts!
Glad they'll actually get some action, unlike that terrible Celesteela episode.....

I'd love it if Mallow could star, but I seriously doubt it. The writers hate her after all

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Another thing that surprises me is that Blacephalon is considerably smaller than Xurkitree (who is hecking giant). I wonder how will the anime deal with that, or just scale them evenly.
In fact they both have a massive height difference, with Blacephalon being 5'11" (1.8 m) tall and Xurkitree being 12'06" (3.8 m), having a 7'07" (2 m) height difference, which explains why Blacephalon looks much smaller than Xurkitree.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, this episode certainly just got more interesting! I hope that the fact that the Ultra Guardians have to deal with two Ultra Beasts who are fighting each other means they won't be able to resolve the issue or capture the Ultra Beasts with slightly comedic solutions, like with Buzzwole and Celesteela, and might actually have to battle the creatures in order to subdue them. I wouldn't mind seeing a combination of battling and something similar to what the girls did in the Celesteela episode, such as creating a barrier around the area where the two Ultra Beasts are battling. Since we now know the Ultra Guardians aren't limited to using only their own on-hand Pokémon and can command the Ride Pokémon, that opens up more opportunities for some of the non-battlers to have a larger role.

I wonder which Ultra Guardian will get the spotlight this time. Kiawe got Buzzwole, Sophocles got Celesteela, and Ash is Poipole's guardian, so if the writers intend to continue that trend, then it only stands to reason that one of the girls will get the focus here.

Well, by typing logic, Lana could take on Blacephalon and Mallow Xurkitree, having a straight advantage and a resistance with their respective Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Looks like Blacephalon and Xurkitree are going to fight with each other, which I'm looking forward to so we can see the Ultra Beast clash. It looks like Blacephalon's head will get CG effects in its meeting with Ash and his classmates and it will be cool to see it in Sun and Moon because it hasn't been used before. Altaria, Flygon and Garchomp combining their Fire Blasts to make one Fire Blast looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.