• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 8th: SM29 - Hey Mush, Are You Going to Sleep in the Nemush Forest Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and his friends have gone to the forest to camp. They have fun cooking, playing in the river and so on to their heart's content, but one after another they start collapsing. It appears there is some kind of unknown entity in this forest that absorbs their memories and energy when it attacks them.

------

http://i.imgur.com/oGZgIkk.png

Satoshi and his classmates use their day off to go to the forest to camp. However, one after another they end up collapsing. It appears there is some kind of unknown entity in the forest that absorbs their memories and energy...

-------

http://i.imgur.com/O3Xwbin.jpg

During a day off, Satoshi and the others decide to go to the forest to camp. They all have a great time, but for some reason they start collapsing one by one. It appears there's someone in this forest that absorbs their memories and energy?!
Top left blurb: A sudden scary face?! Is this episode going to be a horror one?!
Top right blurb: Mokuroh collapsed?! Has its energy been absorbed?!
Bottom left blurb: This Pokémon called a Nemush was in the forest. It's a cute Pokémon.
Bottom right blurb: Everyone that went camping got this shocked look. Did they meet something really scary in the forest?!

Screenplay 関根アユミ (Ayumi Sekine)
Storyboard 吉村文宏 (Fumihiro Yoshimura)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 安田周平 (Shuhei Yasuda)
Animation Director 伊藤典子 (Noriko Ito)

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Satoshi and his friends have gone to the forest to camp. They have fun cooking, playing in the river and so on to their heart's content, but one after another they start collapsing. It appears there is some kind of unknown entity in this forest that absorbs their memories and energy when it attacks them.

Summary mentions "some kind of unknown entity in this forest."

Episode title gives away the identity of this unknown entity.

Since Morelull absorbs memories, I wonder if we're going to get a montage of Ash's and his friends' memories. Writers, this is your chance to give us some more continuity!

So...who is going to be the one who remains standing and has to figure out how to wake up the others? Is it going to be Ash, who is left with this task because he is the protagonist? Is it going to be Lillie, the one who will probably easily figure out the source but will be too afraid to touch Morelull herself? Will it be Mallow, who is already associated with Grass-type Pokémon?

(My invisible money is on one of those three.)

ShadowForce720

it's possible that besides Morelull debuting here, that Shiinotic might debut here as well considering it's moon pokedex entrie seems to be in line with the summary a bit.

Shiinotic dex entry
Moon:It emits flickering spores that cause drowsiness. When its prey succumb to sleep, this Pokémon feeds on them by sucking in their energy.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
A look into the psyche of our protagonists? This may be interesting.

ShadowForce720

presuming that the one that is left awake isn't Ash, it is possible for this to be a capture episode.

So maybe Mallow catches a Morelull here, other then her I can't really see anyone else getting, unless maybe James catches the Morelull in this episode although we don't know if Team Rocket will even be in this episode.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well if it's either Ash or Lillie that are awake, there's no chances of a capture. There's only a potential capture if Mallow is the one awake.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Well according to a BW episode, Ash (as well as Jessie & James) is difficult to hypnotize due to how dumb he is.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well according to a BW episode, Ash (as well as Jessie & James) is difficult to hypnotize due to how dumb he is.

Yeah, but I don't think this a hypnotising episode. Seems just like morelull /shiinotic just using spore on everyone and making them sleep.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, this sounds more interesting than another TR episode at least.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I wonder whether this episode will be like one of the typical scary fillers like the Litwick episode from BW.

SinnohEevee

Will we see some old memories of Ash? Or they will continue insisting the past doesn't exist? How about Lillie? Too early yet?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I wonder whether this episode will be like one of the typical scary fillers like the Litwick episode from BW.
From what we know so far, this episode doesn't seem to have that scary element to it that those other horror-themed episodes did, though. Not unless the memories Morelull absorbs are truly terrifying. (After all, Ash has been through some pretty frightening things in his young life. What if we get flashbacks to all the times he has died or nearly died?)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hope we see some of Lillie's memories that would help with her backstory
Oh crap, I didn't even think about that. :eek: Now I'm really looking forward to this one.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
While the summary says 'absorbs their memories', I don't think it really means anything about the past memories of Ash or anyone else. I just think they lose their memories for the moment, such as why were they at the forest camping.

Nebbygetinthebag

presuming that the one that is left awake isn't Ash, it is possible for this to be a capture episode.

So maybe Mallow catches a Morelull here, other then her I can't really see anyone else getting, unless maybe James catches the Morelull in this episode although we don't know if Team Rocket will even be in this episode.
I really hope mallow catch morelull plus it make sense because it is a grass type and maybe mallow is the one who have to wake up the other.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

That's too much expectation honestly from an episode that seems to be a filler. Anyway I think this episode would be a scary one like Scare at the Litwick mansion! or Scary Hospitality!

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Will we see some old memories of Ash? Or they will continue insisting the past doesn't exist? How about Lillie? Too early yet?
I think it's safe to say the SM anime has acknowledged the past exists. It would be nice to see some of Ash's old memories, although I have a feeling he is going to be the one who remains awake while the rest of his classmates are Morelulled (ha ha ha) to sleep.

That...would be awesome! :eek: Not to mention it would be a great way to give the audience a little more insight into Lillie's character. The writers could even get clever and make the memories an unclear mishmash of "scenes," so the audience can't quite put together all the pieces of the puzzle. Now I'm hoping this happens (even though I have a feeling it won't).

ShadowForce720

You know I just thought of something considering how episode 26 is a Sophocles focus episode what if episode 27 is partly a Lillie focus episode, and episodes 28&29 are Lana and Mallow focus episodes respectively that would then mean that episode 30 might be a Kiawe focus episode.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
You know I just thought of something considering how episode 26 is a Sophocles focus episode what if episode 27 is partly a Lillie focus episode, and episodes 28&29 are Lana and Mallow focus episodes respectively that would then mean that episode 30 might be a Kiawe focus episode.

Wait a second... We don't know if SM28 is a Lana focus episode or if SM29 is a Mallow focus episode. SM28 is about a sport and SM29 is about a bunch of kids falling asleep after being exposed to Poké drugs. There's been no hint as to whether either of these episodes is focusing on a particular character or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.