• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 9th: PM2023 010 - Nemo and Colza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

Maybe, Alex tells liko that he'll allow her to go on a journey if she can defeat brassius or something? I dont see liko or roy pursuing a full time gym battle, esepcially since they would be trabelling all over and mot just paldea. Like it would make no sense just to travel on the airship in paldea. So i'm guessing this is not going to be a regular thing. Excoted to see how it goes though

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I dont see liko or roy pursuing a full time gym battle, esepcially since they would be trabelling all over and mot just paldea.
I personally don't see the issue, even if they did decide to do the gym challenge.

There's usually gaps between gym challenges, which means they could do a gym in Paldea, then travel the world, maybe training in the meantime, and eventually go back to Paldea. They will probably be visiting Paldea more often anyway.

UnovaMaster

I can see Nemona and Roy striking up a rivalry, carrying on the tradition that Ash had for most of the past series.

Liko and Brassius might strike up a friendship through her Sprigatito. I see her exploring the fine arts of gardening this episode

Is this ShuckFam's alt?

Liko vs Nemo will be fun, the start of the Disney vs Pixar rivalry

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Journeys done right folks :v

although not a hard thing to do with a blank state.

Veedramon

I hope Liko and Sprigatito have tonnes of fun learning from Brassius!

Roy vs Nemona should be pretty interesting. I wonder what pokemon she'll send out against Fuecoco. Maybe her own Sprigatito that she's training up?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As much as how logical it is for Roy to tackle the gyms, it doesn't help much that he's seeking to fight legendary Pokemon, the Paldea gyms are in just one region, and the legendaries are (supposedly) scattered around the world.

(Who knows if Friede would like the idea of keep wasting fuel from too many trips just to help Roy out.)

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
(Who knows if Friede would like the idea of keep wasting fuel from too many trips just to help Roy out.)
It shouldn't be a problem because Volt Tacklers claim to be interested in solving the mysteries of the Pokemon world, and Roy tracking down legendary would easily play into that idea. Besides, they're presumably being funded by Liko's family, so money shouldn't be a problem either.

Not to mention, if we assume that Liko's pendant is connected to Area Zero, they'll be visiting Paldea often anyway.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Maybe they'll do gyms every now and then? While mainly focusing on traveling with the RVT.
It shouldn't be a problem because Volt Tacklers claim to be interested in solving the mysteries of the Pokemon world, and Roy tracking down legendary would easily play into that idea. Besides, they're presumably being funded by Liko's family, so money shouldn't be a problem either.

Not to mention, if we assume that Liko's pendant is connected to Area Zero, they'll be visiting Paldea often anyway.
If they plan on Roy doing the gym challenge in Paldea I think they would have do the classic on the road traveling instead the airship setup they have now.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
If they plan on Roy doing the gym challenge in Paldea I think they would have do the classic on the road traveling instead the airship setup they have now.
Why do you think so?

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Why do you think so?

Yeah. As long as Friede can transport Roy to the cities the gyms are set in I don't see the problem.
I find the idea of an airship as something you use for long distance travel and not short ones. Also you have to ask why the airship instead of either Koraidon or Miraidon if his going to travel between cities to challenge gyms since using either of those Pokémon as his transportation would be extra promotion for SV.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I find the idea of an airship as something you use for long distance travel and not short ones.
But they will be doing long distance travels.

This series won't be solely in Paldea, they will go to other regions too. So to go back to Paldea, they'll need to airship.

Red and Blue

I find the idea of an airship as something you use for long distance travel and not short ones. Also you have to ask why the airship instead of either Koraidon or Miraidon if his going to travel between cities to challenge gyms since using either of those Pokémon as his transportation would be extra promotion for SV.
The series is supposed to take place in the entire Pokemon world and not just Paldea. If Roy is challenging gyms it will likely be done between trips to other regions. That would justify the use of an airship.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Also, the Raidons can't fly. They're good for traversing Paldea, but I can't see them doing all nine regions.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Also, the Raidons can't fly. They're good for traversing Paldea, but I can't see them doing all nine regions.
Well they glide which is a variation of that. That being said yea, it's not like OS-XY had a Gym battle every episode so they can easily just keep transporting back and forth.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why do you think so?
Gyms don't really work in a world traveling saga because it puts too much focus on one region instead of spreading it out across all of them. Journeys had PWC matches in all the regions (except Alola, but Alola isn't that into battles) so it would just be a regression from how Journeys did it. The only thing it would improve is Paldea's own treatment compared to how Journeys treated Galar, but if they wanted that then they would have instead had the entire saga set solely in Paldea and not done the world traveling format at all.

Trey pokes

Well they glide which is a variation of that. That being said yea, it's not like OS-XY had a Gym battle every episode so they can easily just keep transporting back and forth.
Would they keep the badges should they win or just do it because?

Status
Not open for further replies.