• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 9th: PM2023 010 - Nemo and Colza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Sham

The Guardian of War
Would they keep the badges should they win or just do it because?
Well um, I would hope they actually pursue Championship. The Masters Eight was a fill in for the Galar League which got shafted for Ash's send off so hopefully that isn't the case here. I'm assuming they'll have some type of tournament during this series (possibly to close the series per usual) so I'm open to them having the Paldea League.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
But they will be doing long distance travels.

This series won't be solely in Paldea, they will go to other regions too. So to go back to Paldea, they'll need to airship.
The series is supposed to take place in the entire Pokemon world and not just Paldea. If Roy is challenging gyms it will likely be done between trips to other regions. That would justify the use of an airship.
I know his traveling the Pokémon world. What I'm saying it's doesn't make sense for him to leave Paldea then go back for gym battles when he can just stay Pladea for a period of time to complete the gym challenge.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The "this is a world-traveling series" excuse doesn't work here. Journeys was a conclusion to Ash's 25 year run, so it had to juggle characters both old new. Horizons is not only a fresh start, we don't know if any Gen I-VIII chars are gonna show up, so there's far more free time to spend in Paldea.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
The "this is a world-traveling series" excuse doesn't work here. Journeys was a conclusion to Ash's 25 year run, so it had to juggle characters both old new. Horizons is not only a fresh start, we don't know if any Gen I-VIII chars are gonna show up, so there's far more free time to spend in Paldea.
If any Gen I-VIII chars did appear I figure it won't be anytime soon and assume they'll be staying in Paldea for awhile mostly because the show probably obligated showcase all the new things from SV.

nuzamaki90

And afterwards Brassius could give Roy his own Terrastial Ball.
That’s one thing I’m curious about. I’m still on the fence if Rayquaza is Terastralized or not, so I’m curious when it will make its full debut in the anime and how they’ll handle it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

PM2019 didn't start juggling any old characters until it was halfway over.

Trey pokes

They could still introduce characters from previous games that hasn't shown up yet. Not just the Gen 9 ones. Heck, they don't even have to be tied to Ash, let alone refer to him.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Liko's going to get owned so bad unless Nemona somehow de-leveled herself in anticipation for that one promising trainer who can beat her.
I mean that's pretty much the plot of the games, Nemona pretty much goes on a new journey because the player doesn't run screaming from her like the other trainers so if Liko or Roy impress her enough, they could adapt that storyline from the games.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I mean that's pretty much the plot of the games, Nemona pretty much goes on a new journey because the player doesn't run screaming from her like the other trainers so if Liko or Roy impress her enough, they could adapt that storyline from the games.
Nemona: Oh my GOSH! I beat you, but you really have this shine I have been looking for, Liko! Look forward to our next battle!
Dudunsparce: *worried noise*
Nemona: Now, you be a good boy and warm the bench for a while.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I think that father will recommend Liko challenge gyms to become stronger that she can defend herself from bad guys. Bc he's so overprotective parent and worry much about her.... That would make more sense.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
A new promo video has been posted, recapping the first 6 episodes of the series and teasing Nemo and Colza at the very end:

The two protagonists Liko and Roy's adventure has now started for real!
Two items and two Pokémon hold the key to this story
There's a certain secret to the pendant Liko has...
The pendant unleashes light as in response to the danger Liko is in
An unknown, mysterious Pokémon shows itself
After protecting Liko, it returns to its original shape
Liko is being chased by people from an organization that wants the pendant
What is the true power the pendant hides...?
Next, the shine of the pendant wakes a slumbering legend
Something strange happens to the monster ball Roy has...
A Black Rayquaza appears alongside a light that splits the sky open
How is it connected to the pendant and the monster ball?
And who is the ancient adventurer Rayquaza used to accompany...?
Liko and Roy's adventure is filled with all kinds of mysteries...
They now take a step forward alongside their partners Nyahoja and Hogator
To find the answers to the mysteries this world hides

New and exciting things are about to happen in Liko and Roy's journey...
Here come Nemo and Colza, Trainers from the Paldea region!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It appears that they'll be following the events of Scarlet, so I believe that Miraidon and the future Paradoxes are gonna be left out entirely, along with Professor Turo.

Veedramon

It appears that they'll be following the events of Scarlet, so I believe that Miraidon and the future Paradoxes are gonna be left out entirely, along with Professor Turo.
Nah, I don't think that'll be the case. Pokemon Violet sold too many units to be shafted.

I think they're gonna split the paldeans between the schools

DuskAstral

Not necessarily.
I remember that Alola, for example, followed the plot of "Pokémon Sun", and yet still included some elements from "Moon".
The same may be true of Paldea

Karnage

Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
And who is the ancient adventurer Rayquaza used to accompany...?
Seems like that's a mystery they actually plan on giving an eventual answer too. Too often, these ancient figures are left as vague which annoys me. Recent examples being the ancient hero in PLA, the ancient king and merchant in the backstory of the ruin quartet, etc. I really hope this one doesn't end up like that.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I see Riley is still spouting his ridiculous gibberish.

None of the paradoxes are likely to be left out. The problem is how to debut them. Although that might not be hard since the storyline may be focused towards Terapagos rather than the situation with Sada/Turo.

Status
Not open for further replies.