• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 9th: XY&Z030 - Find Carbink! Goodra and Dedenne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomper4

I had a feeling Goodra will be staying at the wetlands.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
G-O-O-D-R-A!

As for the movie implying no 6th slot/Goodra...

When that movie trailer and those images were made, there's some things called EDITING, PHOTOSHOP and TEASING they kinda might've employed.

Just a hunch.

I don't care....GOODRA might learn Draco Meteor here, if it hasn't already...I'm sooo pumped up!

dman_dustin

Cute picking a picture that blurs all the terrain even though that was my point. Again, read my entire post please. I accounted for the idea that they might take paths that exist outside the game, but your assumption that they can somehow plot a straight line from Snowbelle to wherever the marshlands are only makes sense if the entirety of Kalos exists on a flat field. Unless you're telling me you think Ash and co. decided they'll climb up and down a few mountains for fun or took a giant circle around them (I'm not talking about video game barriers here, I'm talking about natural barriers. Seriously, the Eastern parts of Kalos is even called Mountain Kalos) just about any logical route they could take that isn't needlessly exhausting would bring them within spitting distance of Lumoise.
They've climbed mountains before. Bonnie climbed a mountain in an episode to save Bunnelby.

I wasn't acting like they wouldn't have terrain to deal with, I was saying they can take a LINEAR path DIRECTLY to the Wetlands without having to backtrack or to follow through cities and towns they've gone before.

Given that this is Pokemon they can easily climb mountains, there could be routes and cave systems bypassing most of the terrain. Pokemon anime is MORE realistic than the games which means unlike the player character, Ash and company aren't going to be bothered by a tree or a mountain.

The only way this would make sense is if they just decided it wasn't worth the trouble stopping at Lumoise first. Or they really hate Clemont.

Exactly Lumiose City might have been the next target but they wanted to check out Goodra, LIKELY because THEY would NO longer be in a position TO go to the wetlands or won't be able to go to the wetlands the moment they reach Lumiose City.

Maybe even having to go to Geosenge Town. Also who knows maybe at the end of everything they have no CHOICE but to go the Pokemon league conference and there's no time to STOP by the Wetlands.

Or maybe the writers are going to the Wetlands to establish something so far in advance that it makes no sense to delay it further.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
G-O-O-D-R-A!

As for the movie implying no 6th slot/Goodra...

When that movie trailer and those images were made, there's some things called EDITING, PHOTOSHOP and TEASING they kinda might've employed.

Just a hunch.

I don't care....GOODRA might learn Draco Meteor here, if it hasn't already...I'm sooo pumped up!

They could have done all that, yes, but they've never shied away from spoilers in posters/previews before. Plus I don't think they've ever edited a poster/preview to avoid a spoiler.

Hanto

Water Addiction
What if the reason of Carbink rampage is its newly obtained powers and slowly transformation (remember Mega Lucario) and after TR shenanigans it will turn into Diancie and become new queen and guardian of these troubled waters? O_о Usually we have so many episodes dedicated to minor legendaries such as Shaymine, Meloetta, Weather Trio etc per each saga

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Using that logic, it should be the opposite.

Well, Kiai is essentially a physical substance in this franchise, so no, that odd suggestion actually does work.

The movie doesn't determine Ash and friend's teams. Ash can catch and evolve his pokemon anytime the writers feel like he should. Also the events of a movie maybe running behind the anime.

Actually, it does, because not only are they part of the overall canon, but they are also major marketing events, so it would be unlikely that anything important would be left out.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
From Snowbelle to the wetland above Lumiose? So we get another Hearthome->Canalave in 1 episode situation again?

Maybe Clemont invents a teleportation gadget for the gang.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
From Snowbelle to the wetland above Lumiose? So we get another Hearthome->Canalave in 1 episode situation again?

The episodes dont equal days. Why cant they travel offscreen?

Akashin

I think people are so used to a seemingly short journey taking a significant amount of time in the anime that the inverse just feels alien.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Either Goodra needs to return, or Carbink needs to be captured. That's all I have to say about this episode..

Oh! Floette and Florges appearing again will be great too <3

SketchFox7

It would've been nice if Ash could've had the same mentality towards Pidgeot & Primeape during the Battle Frontier, but alas, looks like Goodra will likely return for the league now.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

Someone posted a map from the last Goodra episode in the other thread, the marsh is actually southeast of Lumiose; it's actually closer to Snowbelle City than Lumiose is. I assumed it was north too because it was between Clemont and Valerie, but apparently the group went down to the marsh for Goodra, then back up around Lumiose to Laverre.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh nice, a summary now.

Hopefully Florges helps take Carbink down, making Goodra realize his friends are more than safe with her there and leave to go with Ash..... FOREVER.

And I still think Goodra was either not shown on purpose for the movie to not spoil his return OR it takes place sometime before the Flare finale hence why Squishy is with them.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Actually, it does, because not only are they part of the overall canon, but they are also major marketing events, so it would be unlikely that anything important would be left out.

I don't agree. I rather rely on opening/ending scenes with team spoilers than what the movie shows or what merchandise is available. I think Goodra or Carbink on Ash's team can happen if the writers choose to let it happen. This is my opinion though.

DatsRight

Concerning the travel distance convolution, perhaps this episode will give explanation to how Team Rocket had the means to set up their long term drainage scheme while still shadowing the twerps. It's a long shot, but it would be nice if they gave a little more sense to it.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question summary mentioned TR shows up but they showever episode besides BW so what makes this appearance any different

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
Someone posted a map from the last Goodra episode in the other thread, the marsh is actually southeast of Lumiose; it's actually closer to Snowbelle City than Lumiose is. I assumed it was north too because it was between Clemont and Valerie, but apparently the group went down to the marsh for Goodra, then back up around Lumiose to Laverre.

Yeah, that's what figured. They backtracked slightly for the swamp, (which...might be substituting for, or be a part of, the many swampy parts in that area of Mountain Kalos) then, back on course, went up through the Haunted House Woods/Laverre Nature Trail, everything else happened as normal to Dendemille, Anistar, Terminus Cave, etc. etc. So now, in the anime version of Kalos, you can head right back up from Snowbelle to the approximate area of the swamp near Lumiose. Bada bing bada boom this kinda makes sense.

Also makes sense in terms of not wanting Ash to go directly to the League. Maybe Ash's intended plan is just chill and train at Lumiose City while they figure out where/when the League will be. But, that peaceful time is interrupted by the Team Flare plot, which we're about to bring to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.