• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 9th: XY&Z030 - Find Carbink! Goodra and Dedenne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people still considering Carbink a capture option? It's literally showing up two episodes before the league begins, has no merchandise to support it (read as: like pretty much every Pokemon that isn't Pappatoad) and is pretty much confirmed to not happen due to the mention of Ash's sixth Pokemon 'Arriving', which it can't do if Ewwby Carbuncle is going to be captured and taken with him.

Gillachu

Banned
But but Goodra was released and and there's still a chance he'll catch Carbink, and it's a 50/50 chance for a reserve to appear.

Alex, is that you? ;)

God I just want this episode to air already so that the Carbink theories can be done with. Oh wait, knowing how things are with our fandom, I'm sure we'll still see a few Carbink x Ash ideas even after tomorrow...

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Yay, I can't wait to see Goodra again! Seeing Ash hug it makes me miss it more.. I hope we actually find out whether or not Ash still has Goodra's Poke Ball with him or if it's with Keanan. I hope Ash still has it.

Maybe if the Carbink decide to protect the wetlands will give a reason for Goodra to return.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Alex, is that you? ;)

God I just want this episode to air already so that the Carbink theories can be done with. Oh wait, knowing how things are with our fandom, I'm sure we'll still see a few Carbink x Ash ideas even after tomorrow...

Are you still talking about me behind my back? Can you not do that please?

Anyway, if Carbink is not caught then it is not caught and we just have to move on the next possible pokemon for Ash. I don't think Goodra has learnt a new move but could reveal one if Ash obtains it at the league.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I still find it odd how that tiny patch of swamp attracts trouble like a magnet.

Well like I said before, at least Goodra's there to do something about it. I know lots of fans didn't like how he stayed at the marshland, but clearly the decision was for the best so he can keep rascals like these Carbinks at bay. :3

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Goodra coming back is pretty much a reality, man I criticized the writers doing a stupid buterfree for freaking shock value ratings, but leaving him on a bus stop to develop other team members was a genius move, better implementation that the Charizard and Gliscor situation as now we have a fully evolved team with a decent win ratio, a bird that rivals swellow performance and a starter that is more memetic and popular than infernape in Japan.

Sweet Jesus, with Goodra coming back this will be the most satisfying of Ash teams ever.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Goodra coming back is pretty much a reality, man I criticized the writers doing a stupid buterfree for freaking shock value ratings, but leaving him on a bus stop to develop other team members was a genius move, better implementation that the Charizard and Gliscor situation as now we have a fully evolved team with a decent win ratio, a bird that rivals swellow performance and a starter that is more memetic and popular than infernape in Japan.

Sweet Jesus, with Goodra coming back this will be the most satisfying of Ash teams ever.

Lol, develop other team members. You mean develop Greninja while the others just stand there pretty much with the occasional battle. Hawlucha and Talonflame didn't really receive development(evolving=/=development), and Noivern was ignored for like 20 episodes once the flying contest ended.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Lol, develop other team members. You mean develop Greninja while the others just stand there pretty much with the occasional battle. Hawlucha and Talonflame didn't really receive development(evolving=/=development), and Noivern was ignored for like 20 episodes once the flying contest ended.

And until this arc Greninja barely got any character focus either but I guess every Pokemon saga needs a scapegoat mon to blame when not all the pokemon recieve exactly the saame amount of focus lol

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
But what impressive things has Goodra really done though besides taking out Luxray in an anticlimactic way? Noivern's only win was kinda meh considering it easily took out a healthy Doublade after it was doing decently against it. The others are fine (although Talonflame could have had more battling outside of gym battles) imo.

I'm not saying this team is weak but his Dragon Pokemon could have definitely have been done a whole lot better.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And until this arc Greninja barely got any character focus either but I guess every Pokemon saga needs a scapegoat mon to blame when not all the pokemon recieve exactly the saame amount of focus lol

Exactly, Goodra was just released for shits and giggles cuz no one gained anything cuz of it. The stupidest part was he didn't even capture a sixth pokemon so Goodra could of just been on the team and been ignored for awhile and the same results would of happened.

MegaSalamence05

The whole reason why Ash caught Goodra in the first place I feel is legitimacy. Ash has been at his absolute best I feel battle wise I don't think anybody could dispute the giant leap Ash took from BW. Goodra's acquisition is something that never has been done before for the flagship character of the show. Disregarding Iris' Dragonite for right now as thats a whole another topic. Goodra needed to depart even if it meant to much chagrin of the fandom as it easily catapulted Ash to the upper echelon of the Kalos Region without full development for Ash's other Pokemon. If Goodra stayed I'm unsure Noivern would even be here right now. Addition by subtraction folks simple as that. I could easily list battles that Goodra could have starred in besides Clemont as it made sense at the time. Strongest vs. Strongest (Goodra vs. Luxray). The fact that he fully evolved a Dragon type that is in a popular group of pokemon (Pseudo Legendary Pokemon) as a fan had me sold. Rant Over overall excited for the episode that is airing in the coming few hours

dp045

At least a few hours we will know whether or not Goodra will return to the team Ash, hopefully permanently and has the move Power Whip

NitroLightningFlash

Whilst i'm still pretty sure Ash's 6th Pokemon in the League will be Goodra, the fact that he still has 5 Pokemon at first when going into the League and the 6th comes later makes me think Goodra'll still be in the swamp at the end of this episode, for some reason but will come to the League when Ash needs him because he sees Ash battling on TV or something or Goodra says he'll help Ash out when he needs him there if Ash mentions the League this episode.

Whether that happens or not though, this should be a (good)ra episode (hehe get it? no? oh...ok xD) it's nice to see Carbink finally in the anime too, after Carbink debuts here (i know they did in the Diancie movie, i mean the main series) i wonder how many Kalos Pokemon are left to debut? (I know there's Aegislash, but Sawyer has him by the League) so...doesn't that wrap them all up pretty much, except for Mega Evolutions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.