• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoFan9864

Finally Cris shows up. Though it looks like this would be a separate chapter focusing on Cris. She'll definitely rendezvous with Gold and Silver soon enough. She really fits on those clothes, storyline wise she probably got the idea from her mom. The dex holders are many anyway they don't need a new one for now. Plus just because Katone is in the games doesn't really meant they would make a new character.

Ash_Pokemaster

If I'm reading you right...
When you really look at it, the personalities from the games and PokeSpe are pretty much different for all the Dex Holders. And since the game characters still have a somewhat open-ended personalities, Crys doesn't really need to have Kotone's personality to wear her clothes. Kotone could be the new Kris for HGSS knowing Game Freak. But, the Japanese see the remakes as different games and treat the characters as new characters anyways (with the exception of Green, whose is special). PokeSpe merely does the way the English fandom thinks; that the characters are the same from the originals (Kotone varies) just with new clothes. So, I don't think it's merging characters, more like doing what Game Freak should have done.

If anything, blame Game Freak for creating such a division. I don't see the point of creating a character that can be passed off as a new one, just like I don't see the point of a new character having a spot that Crys can/does owns. Kotone in the manga would create a bunch a problems.

You're correct about the fact that Special sometimes uses entirely different personalities for the characters; this actually makes this merge somewhat passable. But either way, it's true that the Kris/Lyra thing is very debatable, and there has been a split of people believing either scenario. I personally consider them different characters; for reasons including their appearence, which is not very alike, their personality - I just can't imagine Kris being so happy-go-lucky, and not one her personas in other canons has been :p -, and other references.

As for the Japanese fandom; it actually doesn't consider the remakes' characters seperate from the original ones. If anything, there has been some cross-appearences of Kris and Lyra or all four Johto kids, in Japanese fans' artworks from what I have seen. :p Other than that, Lyra in Special would indeed cause some confusion, but I think that they could work it finely for her to fit in.

And Game Freak; well. We'll probably never know if they intended to have Lyra be a new character or Kris' reapperance. But with the fandom's reaction, I think that this matter is at least debatable. Hints, actually, lean through the first scenartio; there has been many official Kris artworks by Sugimori during, but not limited to the GSC saga. One would think that they wouldn't alter her appearence so drastically, especially since Ethan is mostly unchanged.

Again, these are all just personal opinions. :p

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
CALLED IT.

Seriously, I totally called this.
Everyone did, bragging rights should be vetoed in this case. Anyway, I kinda expected this, but I didn't expect the clothes to be so tight that she would get her boobs outlined. Why is that's the only thing I could comment about this?

Maxim

Beyond repair
Just like Blue wearing Leaf's clothes.

God. Another one.

There's no thing as "Leaf". You just read too much Bulbapedia.

Blue = "Leaf"

It's like saying that "Ruby is wearing Brendan's clothes".

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Lyra's clothes still look ugly as sin, but at least we can find something else to talk about for HGSS other than "will Kris wear Lyra's clothes or will Lyra be a new character?!" now. Such "when will Kris put some pants on? Goddamn woman, those shorts are 2 inches long!" (although you could say the same for Platinum's micro-skirt)

As for the "was Kris ever intended to be the same as Lyra outside of PokeSpe" issue, I can see their game versions possibly being the same(just dying Lyra's hair blue makes her look a lot more like Kris!), but I generally see them as seperate characters. I really don't care that Special made them the same person, though.

e9310103838

I think her hair color to wait for the official net release the color picture.

I hope to Crys’s hair color confirmed only early. ;munchlax;

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Lyra's clothes on Kris just don't look as appealing as I would've thought. They look tight and out of place. Her black hair also kind of ruins the motif, it looks as if Kris was forced to wear the clothes which might just be true. I guess they only gave her that attire so that the manga would match the games (HG/SS).

And that woman is her mother eh? Never seen her before since I haven't read all of the GSC arc. She looks a bit too "out there" which is probably a nice touch considering I've yet to see too many amusing characters in the manga.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Everyone did, bragging rights should be vetoed in this case. Anyway, I kinda expected this, but I didn't expect the clothes to be so tight that she would get her boobs outlined. Why is that's the only thing I could comment about this?

... maybe they're trying to emphasize the fact that she's 16 now? I can't imagine what they're going to do about Blue, she'll be 20 if she appears in this arc ^_^

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Face it, midway/at the end of this arc/as soon as she meets Gold, Kris is changing out of that.

*choke* *splutter* *gasp*

Crys looks awful. I dearly hope this is a joke.

On a postive note, at least we know where Crys is. Like Juputoru said, now we won't have a gazillion "Kotone in the manga?" threads. Her mom is crazy. I love her.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Darkxninga

Lyra's clothes still look ugly as sin, but at least we can find something else to talk about for HGSS other than "will Kris wear Lyra's clothes or will Lyra be a new character?!" now. Such "when will Kris put some pants on? Goddamn woman, those shorts are 2 inches long!" (although you could say the same for Platinum's micro-skirt)

As for the "was Kris ever intended to be the same as Lyra outside of PokeSpe" issue, I can see their game versions possibly being the same(just dying Lyra's hair blue makes her look a lot more like Kris!), but I generally see them as seperate characters. I really don't care that Special made them the same person, though.

heheheh...micro-skirt.....rofl... I have to admit.... Crys doesn't look right in it..with the black hair (while its spiked at the end) too. It might have/would have a made problems for the manga if they'd made a new character.....but....it doesn't look right. Crys looks like the type to wear execise clothing. Like tank tops and black workout shorts with no ..puffy hat ._. .....she looks....Oka...y in them? T~T... they coulda done something like with ruby and wally, wally joins in sometimes fallls off later, comes again to be shownnn and...drop of the manga afterwards (teardrop). >_> For the love of sweet mercy....Crys PLEASE dont stay on those clothes!!!! PLEASEEE.. she doesn't have that look she always had that matched her before. I hope she takes them off at the end or the middle of the HGSS arc.
I cant wait to see new pictures though and whats happening in the arc soon :). -looks at Crys's "2-inch- shorts"- .....~We like short shorts dun dun dundun d un dun du ndun we like short shorts~

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
You're correct about the fact that Special sometimes uses entirely different personalities for the characters; this actually makes this merge somewhat passable. But either way, it's true that the Kris/Lyra thing is very debatable, and there has been a split of people believing either scenario. I personally consider them different characters; for reasons including their appearence, which is not very alike, their personality - I just can't imagine Kris being so happy-go-lucky, and not one her personas in other canons has been :p -, and other references.

As for the Japanese fandom; it actually doesn't consider the remakes' characters seperate from the original ones. If anything, there has been some cross-appearences of Kris and Lyra or all four Johto kids, in Japanese fans' artworks from what I have seen. :p Other than that, Lyra in Special would indeed cause some confusion, but I think that they could work it finely for her to fit in.

And Game Freak; well. We'll probably never know if they intended to have Lyra be a new character or Kris' reapperance. But with the fandom's reaction, I think that this matter is at least debatable. Hints, actually, lean through the first scenartio; there has been many official Kris artworks by Sugimori during, but not limited to the GSC saga. One would think that they wouldn't alter her appearence so drastically, especially since Ethan is mostly unchanged.

Again, these are all just personal opinions. :p

I agree, I see Kotone as a different character as well for those same reasons. Kris does look like happy, nice person in her official art, but not to the extend that Kotone gives off in the games.

Well, not every Japanese person in the fandom, I would be worried if everyone did, but... I actually asked a Japanese person who knew English why she called HGSS's rival Rival not Silver. She told me that the Japanese tend to see the remakes' characters as new ones which allows them to treat the games as total new games not as remakes. It made sense to me and while she's just one of many different people, Pixiv does seem to support her. I mean, they call FRLG's hero "Fire" even though they put him with the other Reds. And I've seen those crossovers (I actually love those pictures) a lot as well, it also seems the Japanese love the idea. But, if anything, those cross-appearances kinda helps show they also might consider them different characters even if they could be the same. Kotone is PokeSpe might be able to work, but I think the main problems would be what would be special about her and what would she do? I think they probably just have this way than rather trying to have two Johto girls that might compete for manga time. We all know that the boys are going to get more by default. xD But, hey, I'm just saying things how I see it. I could be incorrect, I'll admit.

Totally agree; even with the excuse that Sugimori's style has changed. If Kotone was meant to be Kris, then I have to ask what's with Game Freak's artist's love for the color brown? That would be the second time that they have changed the hair color to brown for some random reason. Plus, I kinda think that if Kotone was Kris, then she would probably have the name 'Kris' instead of a new one and Gold's wouldn't have gotten changed to match.

God. Another one.

There's no thing as "Leaf". You just read too much Bulbapedia.

Blue = "Leaf"

It's like saying that "Ruby is wearing Brendan's clothes".

If I may, Leaf probably comes from Japan's side where I've seen her referred to as Leaf and Leaf having her own tag on Pixiv. While I haven't really looked through it, it seems Blue is more PokeSpe universe than game universe. So, I think its okay for people to call her Leaf or Blue, since they both seem to be correct.

Face it, midway/at the end of this arc/as soon as she meets Gold, Kris is changing out of that.

Totally. At least, I hope that hat goes, it makes the outfit look worse than it should... They can just call Ruby to get him to make a new outfit for her. ;D

Faraway_Mew

Mew, mew... mew?
Well thank goodness that question's answered. Now we can focus on the more important ones like... WHERE IS LANCE?!

Yes, I so agree, I have been thinking about that for quite a while now, maybe he's just hiding somewhere near the rocket hideout like in the games..... I am glad that Kris isn't replaced =) It was kinda expected though. I knew that they gonna make it such that her mother make her wear them... it does make her look somewhat ridiculous. She looked awesome in her old clothes... but that's just me of course... (is it?)

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
If I may, Leaf probably comes from Japan's side where I've seen her referred to as Leaf and Leaf having her own tag on Pixiv. While I haven't really looked through it, it seems Blue is more PokeSpe universe than game universe. So, I think its okay for people to call her Leaf or Blue, since they both seem to be correct.

Sure, she doesn't have an official name in the games. But I see dumb people saying "they had to redress Crys into Lyra's clothes because they redressed Blue to Leaf's clothes" everywhere. And this is simply incorrect. It's like saying that "Ruby wears Brendan's clothes". Blue is PokeSpe version of "Leaf", just like Ruby is PokeSpe version of Brendan. I don't understand why so many people act like she wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.