• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
A brief translation of this month's ORAS :)

At the Sky Pillar, Ruby sets up a fire to cook his meal, and Latios is somewhat taken aback by his behaviour, although he has already heard about it from Emerald. Ruby has a flashback of the joint birthday celebration the two families had 3 years ago, right after he conquered all the contests. He agreed to help Sapphire collect wild Pokemon distribution data for Birch afterwards, but their task was somewhat thwarted by the Emerald events. After the Battle Frontier incident, they resumed this mission (although Ruby was shown being a bit negotiative at that point, thus ticking off Sapphire). The two ended up travelling across Hoenn, basically visiting the Mirage Spots which are in ORAS. However, Ruby points out that in 9 days, such happy times may come to an end. He has another flashback of the day Steven approached him and Emerald, talking about the impending meteor and their need to rely on Mega Evolution. Emerald seemed skeptical about Steven's claim, but Ruby simply accepted it. He made Steven promise him not to tell Sapphire about the truth and simply said it was a bunch of bad guys meaning harm to Devon only (Sapphire was out collecting wild Pokemon data when Steven approached them). Steven agreed, and Ruby accepted the mission (this explains why Emerald 'knows' more than Sapphire does in the previous chapter).

Ruby tells Latios that he was skeptical at first as well, but after confirming it with Zinnia, he has no choice but to believe it. Meanwhile, Zinnia recalls her encounter with Ruby, amused by his strength and cleverness. She wonders who carved the keystones and placed them into the Mega Bangles however, and thinks it is another nasty technique of Devon. She serious face scares Aster, and she apologizes for it, and vows to carry out the mission passed down by her ancestors, to secure the planet by lending Rayquaza's help.

At Dewford, Sapphire and Emerald have Mega Evolved Blaziken and Sceptile, but are shocked to see them revert afterwards. Steven explains all about Mega Evolution to them (although Sapphire and Emerald have trouble with the technical terms and think it is the Mega-nite embedded in the Key Bangle). Sapphire wants to tutor Ruby on Mega Evolution herself, and asks Steven about their opponents. Steven shows them a warning letter to Devon from the Draconids, who threatened them harm if the corporation doesn't stop using the Infinite Energy right away. Steven explains that the Draconids are a powerful clan who seldom stood in the frontline in historical events, but were nevertheless formidable opponents. Joseph Stone and co. appear, and tell everyone to board the ship. Steven protests that Ultima still needs to see the Dex Holders wield the ultimate attacks with the Mega starters, but Joseph Stone (using quite a stern tone) says it is not safe in Dewford (due to the trend thing?) and suggests they go to Sea Mauville instead, a facility abandoned more than 10 years ago (I guess Sea Mauville and the Abandoned Ship are two separate locations in PKSP).

Meanwhile, at the Team Aqua former HQ, Amber (wearing fisherman's clothes) reminisces about the good old times, but wonders why he keeps coming back even though his comrades remain missing and he has technically betrayed his boss in the RS saga (by giving info to Winona about Cozmo's location). He suddenly sees Shelly and Matt, but realizes that it is an illusion by a guy he knows well. Indeed, Blaise shows himself (in Kindler clothes), and proposes that they work together since he is also seeking a friend to battle along with.

====================

Quite an interesting chapter. Joseph Stone's behaviour in this chapter makes me feel that we could grow to hate him at some point (his exact words to steven and the kids were: I won't say it twice. Get on board now). Ruby's ?overtly protective behaviour to shield Sapphire from the truth seems a little unnecessary, since it is a global crisis afterall. Hope this plays out to something interesting.

We've seen Swampert, Gardevoir, Milotic and Castform (sort of) for Ruby; Blaziken, Gallade, Donphan and Wailord for Sapphire; and Sceptile and Sudowoodo only for Emerald. I wonder if there will be other changes to their team. Technically, Delcatty and Mightyena did not appear in Emerald either, neither did Relicanth. I suppose Aggron will stay since it is a potential Mega pokemon? I wonder if they are going to give Emerald some other Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution.

Edit: Just had another thought. I'm not sure if Amber or Blaise knows where Archie and Maxie could be (some supposed ?alternate dimension since Archie disappeared into it in Emerald). Maybe they will try to snatch the Infinite Energy to try to gain access to this dimension and get their leaders back.

Btw, my formal copy of My First Big Special RS vol.4 arrived, and there are some extra pages to the prologue apparently. The first page has this dialogue:
'Where there are Endings, there are also Beginnings. The origin of life began in the sea, and moved to the land. Lives that have ended became earth and returned to the land. The sea and the land are always connected, just like this seashore... (Dewford)'.

The 'Endings' was from the Japanese name of Desolate Land (The Ending Land) and 'Beginnings' was from the Japanese name of Primordial Sea (The Beginning Sea).

Coronis~

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Thanks again. Apparently there's something happening on Pokespe's 19th anniversary next year according to the site? What's up with that?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
If Ruby decides to protect Sapphire by sealing her in a can yet again, that would suck. I think Sapphire would find out what's really happening. She could interrogate Emerald and get him to spill his guts.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't even remember Amber at first, but I'm glad to see that Team Aqua will get some representation in the ORAS chapter.

shawn_o1

Edit: so Ruby's trying to hide the truth again huh? I would think he's definitely not anyone's boyfriend.

If Aarune ever appears I think he'll be the one who exposes the truth in front of Sapphire. And then Sapphire breaks up with Ruby :p after all she wanted to grow stronger for Ruby but all that Ruby does in return is stop her from being strong

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Thanks again. Apparently there's something happening on Pokespe's 19th anniversary next year according to the site? What's up with that?

The official site does mention about an upcoming project to celebrate PKSP's 19th anniversary, which is the 4th project following the release of the My First Big Special series, the initiation of the ORAS chapter, and the autograph session. So it really could be anything since it ranges from a new series, a rerelease and autograph.

Speaking of the official site, they updated the Sacred Swords profile in the dex and 'claimed' that they now have 612 Pokemon entries. I haven't really counted but I think they miscalculated though. I've placed a list of yet to be featured in dex gen 5 pokemon in the Statistics sticky, and there's definitely more than 40 there...

Coronis~

thank you Coronis for the summary :D
so glad that Aqua and Magma return! I'm still waiting for the bosses
uh.. anyone can tell me when the 19th anniverary is ?

lolipiece

Staff member
Edit: so Ruby's trying to hide the truth again huh? I would think he's definitely not anyone's boyfriend.

Because he isn't.

If Aarune ever appears I think he'll be the one who exposes the truth in front of Sapphire. And then Sapphire breaks up with Ruby :p after all she wanted to grow stronger for Ruby but all that Ruby does in return is stop her from being strong

Except that's not what he does. He has this stupid martyr complex that drives him to try and save the day alone to make sure Sapphire is safe, regardless of her feelings or if he ever comes back.

He's just a kid. Er, teen. They do stupid, rash stuff like this.

What's with Ruby being overprotective over Sapphire anyway? (Besides Shipping reasons)

Because he cares about her. People try to protect the people they care about. Ruby just does it in the wrong way.

thank you Coronis for the summary :D
so glad that Aqua and Magma return! I'm still waiting for the bosses
uh.. anyone can tell me when the 19th anniverary is ?

March 3rd, 2016.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I wonder why 19th anniversary is... special. Why 19? 20 makes more sense. 15 makes sense too. But why 19, a prime number? Or maybe it's just something special the creators are planning that just happens to fall on the 19th anniversary? Or expected to?

e9310103838

I wonder why 19th anniversary is... special. Why 19? 20 makes more sense. 15 makes sense too. But why 19, a prime number? Or maybe it's just something special the creators are planning that just happens to fall on the 19th anniversary? Or expected to?

Because there are 19 Pokedex holders presently.

They can have an activity again in the 20th anniversary (Oh please, only launched one version of the game again in 6th gen.) ;153;

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Because there are 19 Pokedex holders presently.

They can have an activity again in the 20th anniversary (Oh please, only launched one version of the game again in 6th gen.) ;153;

Oh. That makes a lot of sense. I suppose it's not common to have those two numbers converge like this.

lolipiece

Staff member
The last time something like this happened was back in 2007 for the 10 year anniversary. Which is why they had the ten Dex holder gathering in volume 29 plus the picture in volume 28 (or was it 27).

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Awesome chapter! It'll probably get a fan translation soon, but for now, I'm just happy how easy it is to access the ORAS raws from the official source. :)

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Awesome chapter! Really nice to see that Ruby and Sapphire spent some quality time. And I'm so happy to see Team Aqua and Magma (or at least 2 members) return. I hope we get a glimpse of the other admins too.

Ruby,Ruby, Ruby, he needs a book about women and how guys shouldn't leave the, I the dark, especially when he treats such a strong independent woman as Sapphire, like she's something fragile. That's asks for trouble and her wrath.

Except that's not what he does. He has this stupid martyr complex that drives him to try and save the day alone to make sure Sapphire is safe, regardless of her feelings or if he ever comes back.

He's just a kid. Er, teen. They do stupid, rash stuff like this.

Because he cares about her. People try to protect the people they care about. Ruby just does it in the wrong way.

This reminds me of Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, cept that his martyr complex is even worse than Ruby's. Both guys had to be taught a lesson about acting selfishly, but I think Ruby's actions aren't completely out of selfishness and selfinterests, Kaneki's on the other hand were.

Awesome chapter! Really nice to see that Ruby and Sapphire spent some quality time. And I'm so happy to see Team Aqua and Magma (or at least 2 members) return. I hope we get a glimpse of the other admins too.

Ruby,Ruby, Ruby, he needs a book about women and how guys shouldn't leave the, I the dark, especially when he treats such a strong independent woman as Sapphire, like she's something fragile. That's asks for trouble and her wrath.

I think he deserves a punch in the face -_- for acting like a child

diakyu

I feel like the big emotional part of this chapter will be about Ruby's martyr problem. Every remake arc seems to always have some development for the male dexholders through some lacking trait ,like how Red's defeat got him really down in FRLG and Gold realized he was treating Togebo like a last resort much like he felt he was being treated most of the time in HGSS.

Red's breakdown in FRLG is one of my favorite moments in Special. I hope it gets that extreme for Ruby even though he's already been through some heavy stuff in the RS chapter.

lolipiece

Staff member
Indeed.

I sort of hope they incorporate Celebi back into this.

Just imagine: Ruby screws up SO badly that everyone dies. Celebi saves him last second and gives him a second chance to go back in time to fix his mistake, which probably involves not keeping Sapphire out of the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.