• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
A new Pokespe B2W2 is out.

Discuss.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Back at the Thumb Pier, it is time for the group to reassemble, but Whi-two is reluctant to rejoin the group. Roxie seems to understand and agrees to cover up for her. However, Hugh points out to everyone that Team Plasma has resurfaced (his classmates accuse him of spreading unnecessary panic), and reveals the locket to prove that someone in the class is a Team Plasma member. He also decides to quit school and pursue Team Plasma. Whi-two decides to show herself at the last minute, and Foongus puts everyone else to sleep. It seems like Hugh finally knows Whi-two is the girl he suspected.

Meanwhile, Lack-two gets his team to fight the therians, and we see Tornadus return as well. Colress prevents Lack-two from apprehending Zinzolin, stating that his knowledge about Kyurem's absorption/assimilation is still useful. Lack-two tries his luck, but Colress blocks him with Kyurem. However, Ghetsis shows up to stop Colress, and reminds him that their objective is to retrieve Kyurem and Zinzolin to embark on their plan. Colress gets Kyurem into the chamber to activate the energy amplifier, and when Lack-two tries to chase after Ghetsis, he sends the Dark Trinity to fend him off. Seeing the ones who froze its mentors, Keldeo become berserk. And so, the Plasma Frigate sails...

=======================

This chapter makes me feel that this arc may not last too much longer. We have Whi-two's secret out, Kyurem in place for the ice bombs. I suppose Vol. 54 would most certainly wrap up B2W2, since we haven't even accumulated enough chapters for 53. I wonder when Team Plasma would realize that Lack-two has the DNA Splicers.

Coronis~

lolipiece

Staff member
I dunno. We still have a lot of things left to do. There's still the issue of Whi-Two needing to meet with Rood and/or Gorm.

Plus, of course, Black and White.

Actually, didn't the previous volume mention something about a Cultural Festival? We saw the field trip to Pokestar Studios in the previous volume and the Chorus Competition in this one, so there's still that left.

Since we have our first 25 page chapter since B2W2 returned, will this be the regular page length again?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Calling it now, Hugh's going to physically beat Whitley with his own hands or torture her with his Pokémon in an attempt to get her to reveal Purrloin's location...

Will they go that far to have Hugh's blind psychotic rage peak?

Yes.

Hugh needs to realize that his witch-hunting, (future) violence and/or torture of former Grunts has made him act like more of a villain than Whitley ever did as a member of Team Plasma, and that not all of Plasma were thieves and thugs. Some, like Whitley, were naive, foolish followers, N fans or just well-meaning honest activists(which I'm predicting her mother will turn out to be).

Gorm or Rood will likely be the one to talk some sense into him...after Hugh's inevitable Bouffalant gores a Team Plasma(current or former) member while he's interrogating them for Purrloin's whereabouts in a mindless psychotic ragefest.

lolipiece

Staff member
Calling it now, Hugh's going to physically beat Whitley with his own hands or torture her with his Pokémon in an attempt to get her to reveal Purrloin's location...

Will they go that far to have Hugh's blind psychotic rage peak?

Yes.

Hugh needs to realize that his witch-hunting, (future) violence and/or torture of former Grunts has made him act like more of a villain than Whitley ever did as a member of Team Plasma, and that not all of Plasma were thieves and thugs. Some, like Whitley, were naive, foolish followers, N fans or just well-meaning honest activists(which I'm predicting her mother will turn out to be).

Gorm or Rood will likely be the one to talk some sense into him...after Hugh's inevitable Bouffalant gores a Team Plasma(current or former) member while he's interrogating them for Purrloin's whereabouts in a mindless psychotic ragefest.

That's not funny. Don't even joke about that.

Suppose this is the downside of using a traumatized Pokemon you didn't even properly bond with...waiting for everything to freeze over now!

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Since we have our first 25 page chapter since B2W2 returned, will this be the regular page length again?

I did a rough page count for the chapters we have so far and there are 130 pages out. Since volume 52 was 172 pages (according to Yamamoto), we'll probably get at least two more chapters before volume 53.

I dunno. We still have a lot of things left to do. There's still the issue of Whi-Two needing to meet with Rood and/or Gorm.

Plus, of course, Black and White.

I think both of these things (plus other important cameos like Elesa's new look and Benga) can happen in the climax, which is implied in this chapter to start soon (or is already starting?). I often joke that maybe Black already got out of the stone off-screen, but I'm starting to think it can actually happen.....

Actually, didn't the previous volume mention something about a Cultural Festival? We saw the field trip to Pokestar Studios in the previous volume and the Chorus Competition in this one, so there's still that left.

Given that Hugh dropped out from the Trainer's School and Whi-two's already practically outed as a Team Plasma member, it's gonna be reeally awkward for them to still hold the Cultural Festival... maybe in the epilogue or something? Same with the PWT.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
That's not funny. Don't even joke about that.

Who said I was joking? I'm honestly predicting Hugh is going to do something atrocious, either for shock writing value or so he can become the villain he sees all Plasma members as, no matter what their individual characteristics may be.

He screams violent, laser-focused psychopath who'd shoot first then ask questions later..

Coronis

In lucid awakening
I think (just think) that the last chapter of Vol. 53 (which is probably 2 chapters down the road) may lead Black and White back into the plot properly, kinda like how the end of Vol. 10 brings back Gold and Silver after a whole volume dedicated to Crystal, and how the end of Vol. 27 brings back Ruby and Sapphire after Emerald getting the spotlight for near-two volumes.

The eastern side of Unova remains mostly unvisited still, and I wonder if the rest of B2W2 will venture there.

Coronis~

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
To me, the end of the latest chapter (the frigate sailing) kinda feels like an end-of-the-volume type of cliffhanger.
Besides, 7 chapters has been the norm lately when it comes to volumes...maybe we're missing more pages but i think Kusaka will pad out the previous chapters to make them longer.

Although they would have announced the release date by now, so most likely you're right and we still have a couple of months left to include more chapters.

lolipiece

Staff member
To me, the end of the latest chapter (the frigate sailing) kinda feels like an end-of-the-volume type of cliffhanger.
Besides, 7 chapters has been the norm lately when it comes to volumes...maybe we're missing more pages but i think Kusaka will pad out the previous chapters to make them longer.

Although they would have announced the release date by now, so most likely you're right and we still have a couple of months left to include more chapters.

The average length of a chapter is 24 pages plus a cover page, so 25 all together.

We've gotten four 17 pagers, one 19 pager, one 21 pager, and one 25 pager. So we're good for another chapter or two.

e9310103838

Hugh's action annoyed the girls. They even tell him to get out of the school.

But when Hugh says that's what he want to do, they feeling rather astonished. Maybe they are not really hate him.

They also seem to guess Whi-two's identity, but fell asleep.

And where are Leo and Hugh's sister? :633:

diakyu

I bet Hugh is gonna rage pretty hardcore against Whi-two only for his sister to step in and calm him down.

e9310103838

Looks like they seem to skip to update for a month.

Hope we can have great news on this update (like volume 53, PokeSPedia, Sun & Moon's introduction, etc.) ;379;

lolipiece

Staff member
Alola! It's Sun and Moon Pokespe time! ...and I'm awake for it this time.

[img139]https:i.imgur.com/i3VCUY7.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https:i.imgur.com/gxHAR9G.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https:i.imgur.com/MYoY19R.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https:i.imgur.com/jl61A6i.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https:i.imgur.com/t4aOvgS.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https:i.imgur.com/wNzFDeB.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https:i.imgur.com/jQcVd3U.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https:i.imgur.com/6zsttWV.jpg[/img139]

The festival continues!

Gladion vs Hau ends here, and the result is exactly what you expected it to be.

Sun vs Guzma begins here. And surprisingly, Sun is the victor. Guzma doesn't take it well.

However, what's really surprising is Moon is a lover of...Poison-types?!

It seems Moon has a Grubbin in addition to her Alola Form Grimer and Mareanie?

For someone who just came to Alola, she sure has a fair amount of Gen VII Pokemon. ...Alola Form Grimer doesn't count.

Last edited:

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Heck yes Sun won!!! There's still a chance for us to see Sun vs. Moon!

I love how Moon's personality does a complete 180 when it came to her Poison-type Pokemon. Guess she isn't as much of a tsukkomi as we thought :p

I do wonder when she got those Alolan Pokemon though. Considering that it's still her second day in Alola, did she get them before arriving at the region? It seems that she doesn't nickname her Pokemon (yet) either.

Edit: Also, the first SM mini volume releases on June 23. Still no word on volume 53 though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.