• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moni_22

Oh, my... What does it say?
Seems like the chapter got delayed again... And we don't even know when it's going to get uploaded...

This is just ridiculous honestly, I don't know what to think anymore. It was going to come out in 3-4 days, and not only gets delayed but we don't know when it's going to continue? How bad is it?

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
All I can say is

RIP B2W2..... for real

no more chances of when will vol. 54 will release
And... RIP to you Black. I guess you'll be slowly dying on the Light stone

Seems like the chapter got delayed again... And we don't even know when it's going to get uploaded...

This is just ridiculous honestly, I don't know what to think anymore. It was going to come out in 3-4 days, and not only gets delayed but we don't know when it's going to continue? How bad is it?

Who knows maybe after Gen 8 or 9 or Black and White remakes

Last edited by a moderator:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
To be fair, Yamamoto and Kusaka are under a ton of pressure to finish SM as well. It can't be easy to do two stories at the same time. Still, it stinks, but hopefully they'll be able to finish SM a few months before Gen 8 and then be able to devote all their time to BW2

Moni_22

To be fair, Yamamoto and Kusaka are under a ton of pressure to finish SM as well. It can't be easy to do two stories at the same time. Still, it stinks, but hopefully they'll be able to finish SM a few months before Gen 8 and then be able to devote all their time to BW2

They've done 2 stories in the past multiple times, 3 even, and something like this never happened.

We thought the same about XY, like "When they finish ORAS and XY they'll have enough time for BW2 with only SM publishing" and look where we are now

Lucky3

It make sense to prioritize SM. It's more relevant to Pokemon right now, and not meeting the deadline there would cause a lot more trouble. You can't delay an entire magazine like you can a web publication.

Moni_22

It make sense to prioritize SM. It's more relevant to Pokemon right now, and not meeting the deadline there would cause a lot more trouble. You can't delay an entire magazine like you can a web publication.

Of course, I'm not saying they should delay SM instead. I'm just wondering what's happening because it's very weird that they have to delayed the chapters so much, and even when one comes out, it's just half of it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I hope they realize they can't expect people to be satisfied with a half chapter because of this.

Like, if you're going to delay it, then just make a giant mega chapter. I can take waiting if the final result is actually worth it.

All I can say is

RIP B2W2..... for real

no more chances of when will vol. 54 will release
And... RIP to you Black. I guess you'll be slowly dying on the Light stone

Who knows maybe after Gen 8 or 9 or Black and White remakes

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Stop this.

It adds nothing to the conversation and is basically spam at this point.

There are better ways to express your disappointment than resorting to doom-saying.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Stop this.

It adds nothing to the conversation and is basically spam at this point.

There are better ways to express your disappointment than resorting to doom-saying.

When it the next chapter comes, it will come.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
They could always release shorter chapters if they're having trouble meeting deadlines (Around RS we used to have a lot of 13-14 pages per chapter, heck even the last volume of the Platinum arc had several of these)
Now it seems they want to stick to 24 pages per chapter.

lolipiece

Staff member
They could always release shorter chapters if they're having trouble meeting deadlines (Around RS we used to have a lot of 13-14 pages per chapter, heck even the last volume of the Platinum arc had several of these)
Now it seems they want to stick to 24 pages per chapter.

Pokespe ran in around 3 magazines back then, so that probably had a lot to do with it.

More chapters meant less pages, but allowed the characters to get around the region at a decent pace.

I feel Kusaka is trying to emulate this with the half chapters, but I don't understand why they feel the need to label them as parts 1 and 2 when they're clearly written as separate chapters.

Moni_22

I hope they realize they can't expect people to be satisfied with a half chapter because of this.

Like, if you're going to delay it, then just make a giant mega chapter. I can take waiting if the final result is actually worth it.

This. When it came back in January I was expecting a full chapter after being delayed for sereval months but we still got just half of it. I'm happy to read new chapters but it feels disappointing having to wait so much. I thought by now we would have already ended the story, it's not like there's much left.

Having also one chapter of SM per month is affecting the pace as well, everything's happening very quickly and we don't see much interaction between the characters. I don't think I like this new format of adapting the games, it's more unique and with more action sure, but we can barely get used to the new cast. I liked when it was more adventurous and took its time to develop the main characters.

But oh well... at least I'm enjoying the changes in the story of SM, it's like another alternative universe to SM and USUM.

Maxim

Beyond repair
There's only one good solution, which I've already mentioned a few times.

Abandon those online releases already and finish the BW2 arc straight-to-tankobon. Such things have happened before, it's not that they can't.

Really, it'd be better for everyone. This way, they won't have to keep to any deadlines, just release the tankobon when it's ready. And after that, they can quickly move on to XY and later arces. Also, the fact that they're drawing chapters just to release them for free probably isn't encouraging them to work... So, I really don't know why they're sticking to those online releases so religiously.

The way they're doing it now, this manga will be stuck in the fifth generation forever.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
When it the next chapter comes, it will come.

Nobody knows (another sad part).

If so, at least release it as the entire Vol 54. It's about time to release XY, ORAS and SM in full volumes. This should be already done years ago. Forget those magazine releases online.

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
With so many hiatuses, it's odd that they haven't given at least a short explanation of what is going on.

lolipiece

Staff member
It's about time to release XY, ORAS and SM in full volumes. This should be already done years ago.

This is the least of our worries. SM isn't even in the proper timeframe to need a full volume.

While they aren't the usual "final versions" with proper chapter numbering and extra content, they are still out there in volume format.

If push comes to shove, they can just release volumes in a rapid pace. They did it with BW, when they released three volumes in three months. Or for a more extreme example, the first three volumes of GSC, which were released on the same day.

e9310103838

This is the least of our worries. SM isn't even in the proper timeframe to need a full volume.

While they aren't the usual "final versions" with proper chapter numbering and extra content, they are still out there in volume format.

If push comes to shove, they can just release volumes in a rapid pace. They did it with BW, when they released three volumes in three months. Or for a more extreme example, the first three volumes of GSC, which were released on the same day.

They also did it when Emerald (volume 29) to DP (volume 30) and Platinum (volume 40) to HGSS (volume 41). So they are also very likely to do this again when B2W2 to XY.

However, XY and ORAS are still not really finished yet. Therefore we may still have to wait for them to fill the plot finish...

With so many hiatuses, it's odd that they haven't given at least a short explanation of what is going on.

I think this is probably due to Kusaka was discomfort in the past year. And of course, Yamamoto is sluggish because of the simultaneous serialization of multiple chapters, and there are many recent activity drawing is also one of the reasons.

I just hope B2W2 can get a perfect finish, not just Black came out of the ball and ended. I think they can handle it as they did before. It just needs a time. This is why I am still waiting for it. :cool:

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
However, XY and ORAS are still not really finished yet. Therefore we may still have to wait for them to fill the plot finish...

Eh, XY had a pretty conclusive story (I mean, it had an actual ending. When was the last time we got one of those in a Pokespe magazine publication?). Outside of adding the missing chapters and maybe a few pages of extra stuff here and there, it doesn't need any major changes.

ORAS's ending was clearly rushed to make way for SM and B2W2, but the final chapter clearly indicated more content would be added in the volumes. I believe Coronis mentioned Spedia implied ORAS wasn't fully over as well?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Eh, XY had a pretty conclusive story (I mean, it had an actual ending. When was the last time we got one of those in a Pokespe magazine publication?). Outside of adding the missing chapters and maybe a few pages of extra stuff here and there, it doesn't need any major changes.

ORAS's ending was clearly rushed to make way for SM and B2W2, but the final chapter clearly indicated more content would be added in the volumes. I believe Coronis mentioned Spedia implied ORAS wasn't fully over as well?
how was bw's magazine ending? I have no idea where they could've stopped it. Also, is it true emerald's magazine ending was when the dex holders got "revived"?

Moni_22

how was bw's magazine ending? I have no idea where they could've stopped it. Also, is it true emerald's magazine ending was when the dex holders got "revived"?

They stopped it when N says "Farewell" if I remember correctly. Then in the volume they included the part when Reshiram goes back to an orb and Ghetsis makes Black go inside it too.

lolipiece

Staff member
Emerald: The magazine ended when the Pokedex holders were revived. Anything after that was volume only.
DP: The magazine ended with the three-way fist bump after they defeated Cyrus. Anything after that was volume only. Regigigas was also volume only.
Platinum: No ending whatsoever. The final scene in the magazines was Platinum and Palmer setting off on Cresselia to the Distortion World. This scene was removed entirely in the volumes. Everything in volume 40 was volume only.
HGSS: One magazine had G, S, and C destroying the Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina that Arceus created. The other had Gold face Arceus with his Togepi, who evolved. Anything involving Giovanni coming back was volume only.
BW: N said his farewell in one magazine and Ghetsis was defeated in another. Anything after that was volume only.
As you can see, most arcs tend to have the villain defeated, don't have the proper end of arc conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.