• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-SANtos

I forgot to mention, but with Sonia being just a beginning researcher, I'm not sure how Swod and Shildy can be implemented in PokéSpe. One key thing in the post-game story was that they had someone to spy on Sonia by posing as an assistant, and that doesn't work if she's not an established researcher. The best replacement would be having someone spy on Magnolia instead, but that also doesn't work when she's traveling with the main characters.

I think I'll leave my full analysis for the next thread, but the point above is not the only thing that makes me unsure of how to incorporate them in PokéSpe.

I wonder if we'll see the Gym battles for all five of them, or if it'll just be Soudo. Depicting all five Gym battles could drag the Turffield plot and feel like the Iki Town tournament. But again, the Iki Town tournament was a character introduction moment, and we are in a character introduction moment.

I doubt that would be happened as dlc
I forgot to reply to this, but the reason why I mentioned a possible world tournament as SwSh DLC is because next year is the franchise's 25th anniversary, so something to celebrate could happen.

A lot of people overlooked this, but Yamamoto simply answered that Genesect is in Lack-Two's bag.
https://twitter.com/satoshi_swalot/status/1252395301861601280?s=20
So Lack-Two is allowed to keep two Mythicals, but Black can't have Reshiram?

Also, I think for ORAS full volume release, Hoopa unbound will be revealed, and greatly expands Emerald's role. In Pokespedia, Hoopa is shown with a question mark, along with Croaky indicating they will be shown their "mega" forms.
And in my opinion, Volcanion, many Mega Pokemon, Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora, Meltan, etc also have a chance to appear if Kusaka still insists on making all the Pokemon appear. (I'm still waiting for Y-Greninja to show up XD. And Battle Chatelaines also has not yet appeared of course.) There are still many Z-move yet to be shown. I guess Kusaka must want to increase Hau and Lillie's plot.
Yeah, I know about those, but I was focusing on things that happen near the end because mehmeh1 asked about the endings. There are other things that need to happen in the middle, like Mitsuru (Wally) using Mega Altaria.

One other thing I think might happen, for example, is Sana and Tierno catching Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution when they are borrowing X and Y's Mega Rings. That part is a big window of opportunity for a volume expansion.

I also thought if we having a Guardian Signs chapter, but Yamamoto said that it was not considered at that moment (said many years ago). I don't know if Kusaka wanted to make a Pasio chapter or make Pokemon Go characters appear XD
You mean this tweet, right?
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing here. The Ranger manga is a spin-off manga set in the same universe as PokéSpe, but is not a PokéSpe arc (a.k.a. "chapter") in itself. What Kusaka said was that he wanted an arc based on Colosseum, not a PokéSpe spin-off based on it.

Pokémon GO characters might appear if we get an LGPE arc, just like how we got Azusa (Brigette) and Yukari (Hayley) appearing. But a Pasio arc is something I doubt will happen. I won't rule out the possibility of Masters characters appearing someday, after all, we got Tooru (Todd) from Pokémon Snap showing up in a freaking Gen 3 arc, but an arc based on a gacha game with a story that has no end in sight would just exarcebate the "putting new arcs in separate volumes for some time" problem even more because there's no way to tell how long Masters is going to exist.

Even so, Pasio characters are probably only going to appear if there's some kind of role that fits their characters, like Tooru. Tooru probably only appeared in the Emerald arc because Kusaka needed a journalist character, and using Mari and Dai (Gabby and Ty) would mean having characters show up in two arcs that were serialized at the same time, something Kusaka avoided like the plague until SM.

Maybe Pasio will be mentioned by name at one point given Kusaka's penchant for references to other parts of the franchise, but I think Pasio characters are more likely to appear if they actually show up in a main game.

And of all the Ultra Spaces, only Ultra Ruin was not mentioned, which is very suspicious.
Which is one of the reasons I think parallel universes are actually going to be a thing in PokéSpe.

I wonder if yellow didn't show up because that is a some deal with publishers or Mato-sensei ? I mean Emerald do show up and playing a role in ORAS Arc but how kusaka use him feel like he is not that impact the story that much
He's used her on FRLG without issue and she even shows up on Emerald. I don't think that's the issue. Seems more like Kusaka just didn't feel like using her? I mean, if I recall she didn't have a mega capable pokémon so she couldn't help on the arc Red and Green (the gal) showed up.
With the ORAS arc, Yellow doesn't have any Pokémon that can Mega Evolve, so that's probably why she was left out.
As for HGSS, it's quite possible she was meant appear at one point but got scrapped. We know HGSS was likely cut short to open space for BW when one of the magazines PokéSpe was serialized in was discontinued. I wasn't a frequent user at the time, so I don't know most of the details, but I think that was about the time when PokéSpe's serialization problems were starting.

We know a PokéSpe illustration of the four Kanto Gym Leaders in their HGSS costumes exists, meaning they were likely meant to show up at one point. And Chakra (Carr) being in HGSS is possibly a sign the rest of the Three Beasts was meant to appear. Kusaka did mention around that time that he wanted to have Ouka (Orm) reappear if he ever had the chance.

So it's very likely other characters were meant to appear. In fact, considering the Kimono Girls, who had expanded roles in the HGSS games, actually show up in the arc, it's possible they were at one point intended to do more.

As to whether she'll reappear. Well, outside of my usual speculation about possible USUM and LGPE arcs, if we get DP remakes in Generation 8, I think Yellow will appear and showcase Gigantamax Butterfree.

Status
Not open for further replies.