• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

volcanionmaster123

This kinda smells like we’re getting a volume-only epilogue. This did feel a bit rushed imo but for what it was, it was a pretty good ending.

But that last panel, we all know Lack-two has trouble with emotions and we usually see him pretty emotionless but in that last shot of him, that looked more like loneliness. Like the guy lost his purpose. I guess it’d make sense because he’s not with Interpol anymore

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This kinda smells like we’re getting a volume-only epilogue. This did feel a bit rushed imo but for what it was, it was a pretty good ending.

But that last panel, we all know Lack-two has trouble with emotions and we usually see him pretty emotionless but in that last shot of him, that looked more like loneliness. Like the guy lost his purpose. I guess it’d make sense because he’s not with Interpol anymore
Just a little time........just a little something else instead. Just a little time............just a little something up ahead I'm dreaming of. Beeeeeing...............beeeeeeeeeing........beeeeing..........being human

Pokemon.Manga

I thought this chapter was missing a lot and it seems to be setting up for the volume heavily which is ok. I am curious about Lack-two's plans as well because it seems to me he's the only DeX holder without a goal in mind . I have a feeling that the transition to the X and Y chapter will be Looker investigating Essentia since he was absent from her plot in X and Y and then perhaps end up in Hoenn in the ORAS chapter to meet Anabel then they both will be off to Alola for the sun and moon chapter but we will see. Overall I thought it was ok and the only question I have is if Black will catch Victini to replace Reshiram. It seemed like it joined his team.

Lucky3

Keldeo only attains that form when it learns Secret Sword. I don't think it ever used it unless it went unnamed when it attacked Colress.

Besides the epilogue i think they might add a transition scene between the starters attacking with the Pledge moves and today's first page. The transition seemed very abrupt. Besides we didn't really see when Zorua joined N, right?
I don't think the move was named, but Keldeo definitely went into his Resolute Form. It was the ending of a chapter IIRC.
Blake_Kelden_Resolute.png

I think Secret Sword was probably the move that shattered the Reveal Glass.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The finale is good, but it could be even better. It feel like there is a lot here that is intentionally missing, saved for later. Despite it's problems, I found Ghetsis's end in the chapter to be satisfactory and one of the best villainous defeats in the series, the battle between Blake and Colress was great and while Kyurem deserves a better ending, what he did to Colress was shockingly cool showing us what kind of Pokemon Kyurem is, and I just love that scene where the cast of BW & BW2 join forces, utilizing each stage of the Unova starters to the fullest to bring some of the best Unova fanservice in that chapter. One thing I was surprised is Purrloin. I thought they were going to handle it in a more shockingly dark way like in the games rather than go for a light-hearted happier touch. The reunion with Purrloin was good but I feel like the manga should've stayed closer to the games in that case.

Maxim

Beyond repair
How about this month's CoroCoro Ichiban with new SwSh chapter?

Also cancelled for virus?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No.

And speaking of which. 'Ello, 'ello! It's time for Pokespe SWSH for April.

EWCc4hZVcAEEmme.jpg

EWCc7-0UEAAquuh.jpg

EWCc_2SVcAUAaaI.jpg

EWCdEiAUwAgXMW0.jpg

The Gym Challenge has officially begun! First match: Soudo vs Milo.

Fan fave characters debut.

Also, Kusaka referencing Pokemon memes again. Yamper's "inunuwan" bark is a pretty popular one in Japan.

Edit: And here's a preview of the covers for volumes 54 and 55, plus the acrylic stands of Lack-Two and X.

EWCkDi7UEAAaqJB.jpg

Last edited:

Moni_22

I knew the rivals would appear soon! I forgot about Sonia though lol But it makes sense since she's Magnolia's granddaughter.

The covers look good, I can't believe we'll finally see proper covers for the latest arcs!

TotallyNotCrt

Seems like B2W2's ending will bleed into Volume 55 given that Volume 54 is only listed at 208 pages while all the chapters out so far add up to about 286.
That means XY's stopping point at 55 will probably be around Chapter 5 with Shauna and the Honedge.

I'll also get my magazine in soon to give more in-depth coverage later today or tomorrow for SWSH.

volcanionmaster123

Seems like B2W2's ending will bleed into Volume 55 given that Volume 54 is only listed at 208 pages while all the chapters out so far add up to about 286.
That means XY's stopping point at 55 will probably be around Chapter 5 with Shauna and the Honedge.

I'll also get my magazine in soon to give more in-depth coverage later today or tomorrow for SWSH.

I wonder if we’re getting an epilogue for B2W2 here to finish off the final chapter. Idk, it felt weird to have Lack-two just standing there for a final panel. If they do add an epilogue, I can see maybe anywhere from 8-15 pages. But that’s a big “if” here.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
lol. I forgot about Chairman Rose's casual clothes. It's one of those moments that reminds you, he's old.

Moni_22

I wonder if we’re getting an epilogue for B2W2 here to finish off the final chapter. Idk, it felt weird to have Lack-two just standing there for a final panel. If they do add an epilogue, I can see maybe anywhere from 8-15 pages. But that’s a big “if” here.
As said before, it's confirmed that there'll be more content in the volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.