• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Depending on how much new content they add, my guess is that the XY chapters in Vol.55 could stop between chapter 2 ( the group leaves Vaniville) or 4 (the group defeats Aliana and Mable at Aquacorde). Perhaps this is too optimistic.

I seriously doubt we'll get 5 full XY chapters. (120+ pages)

And about the true ending for B2W2, perhaps the epilogue could be set at the PWT. That is the perfect excuse to showcase several of the remaining moves.

Last edited:

TotallyNotCrt

Pokemon Special Sword and Shield Chapter 6 Summary
Images related to it can be found on my twitter.

Going back to a summary format for this chapter instead of bullet points.

Shield notices the statue and makes a comparison that they look similar to the ones they saw back then. A voice tells the group when Marvin asks Magnolia for details that she doesn't know because it's outside her specialty and that they will tell her.

The group is surprised the statue is talking. Soudo and Shirudo are interested and ask to learn. They don't learn anything because they hear barking from the statue, causing them to get confused. Sonia reveals herself from the statue is introduced as Magnolia's granddaughter.

She refers to herself as a newbie researcher (well. specifically an egg as in new) and helps here and there. Magnolia kinda smirks and corrects it to "very rarely" though.

Sonia explains that long ago, a black vortex appeared in the sky of Galar, and that people called it the Black Night because Pokemon grew super huge and lost control and went rampant.

Then, a person appeared wielding a sword and shield and it was said that he calmed everything down. And the statue was made in honor of that person.

Magnolia thinks that Dynamaxing is similar to the story. Soudo suggests they should get going and they'll get information easier.

Soudo asks Sonia to tag along and she asks her Grandma if it's cool to. There's a little blurb next to her speech saying yay, she's lucky. Magnolia tells Soudo to be careful.

The passage forward is blocked, and they run into Hop, Bede, and Marnie.

Shield in a loud voice says they're gym challengers. Marnie covers her ears and Bede says so are they. Hop gives them a hug basically saying nice to meet ya, we're rivals, let's get along, etc.

Sonia seeing them all interact reminds of her past. She also suggests that there are five of them and they all do a battle together. They all attack the rock blocking their passage and push it off with Sonia screaming "Bravo!!"

The group moves along, but Soudo tells Marvin to go on without him and turns around to return back and confront Bede alone. Bede angrily asks what Soudo wants. Soudo plays it cool while asking about Bede's motive since he sabotaged the rock from being broken by the others with his Psychic moves.

He surmises that there's something important with the rock that Bede doesn't want them to see. His observation deduces that it's highly possible that in this mine, it contains the Wishing Stars and that's his objective. Bede says it has nothing to do with Soudo.

Soudo introduces himself, but that it's fine if Bede doesn't remember it. However Bede interjects says it'd be best if Soudo knew who he was because he's the Challenger that Rose personally selected and introduces himself as Bede.

Before the conversation can continue, Soudo gets yoinked off by Shield probably and drags him off. Bede takes the opportunity to destroy the rock. Soudo vs Milo begins. Dynamaxing happens, Big Sirfetch'd happens. Bede informs Oleana that he has news regarding the Wishing Stars and asks her to say hi to the Chairman for her.

diakyu

Losing my mind at finally seeing those volume covers. XY it's been so long. I was still in High School when special was going through XY now I'm on my last year of college. Whew

Moni_22

Losing my mind at finally seeing those volume covers. XY it's been so long. I was still in High School when special was going through XY now I'm on my last year of college. Whew

Same for me. XY came out on my first year of College, it feels like forever. Kinda like how Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced when I finished high school and came out after I finished my first College studies.

But we can finally go back to normal. I hope this doesn't happen again in the series.

Jade

Myuu...
*insert AZ meme*

Welp.... Been like what 7 years since i paid attention to special seriously since when BW2 was in maga? Now finally some volumes...lets party !

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.

e9310103838

Huh, Black2 and White2 have both dark eyes in this one.

Yamamoto said to avoid forgetting their color scheme, he uses the color matching of official drawings since BW. (Their eyes are still according to the official color scheme, brown and blue, but are darker here.)

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Oh wow, that's quick, thank you! I'm still pretty new to the manga, so I don't know these things, but generally how soon after that does VIZ Media release an English version?
Well, volume 53 came August 8, 2017 in Japan, and July 10, 2018 in US. And volume 51 came on July 25, 2014 for Japan, and October 6, 2015 for America. So probably in like April~June of 2021 it will be out in US.

diakyu

Is it just me or does volume 55 break the regular formula for a Special cover? Like it's a scene instead of characters and Pokemon over a colored void

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Is it just me or does volume 55 break the regular formula for a Special cover? Like it's a scene instead of characters and Pokemon over a colored void

Yamamoto already did that for the mini-volumes, so he has to make the full ones stand out somehow.

Moni_22

Yamamoto said to avoid forgetting their color scheme, he uses the color matching of official drawings since BW. (Their eyes are still according to the official color scheme, brown and blue, but are darker here.)
But in the previous cover you can see White2's eyes are clearly blue, here they are almost black.

latest

iml908

But in the previous cover you can see White2's eyes are clearly blue, here they are almost black.

latest
And that was almost 3 years ago when this was made. I don't blame him for forgetting something as trivial as eye colors. Besides, past characters have had different eye colors in volume art before.

BlackButterfree

And that was almost 3 years ago when this was made. I don't blame him for forgetting something as trivial as eye colors. Besides, past characters have had different eye colors in volume art before.

Heck, they've even shown the same character (Crystal) with radically different hair colors before. (Brown and blue, which actually makes a lot of sense after they made Crystal a composite of Kris and Lyra.)

e9310103838

Yamamoto seems to be criticized by Japanese netizens for using Pokespe to convey his personal political ideas.
http://www.anige-sokuhouvip.com/blog-entry-36728.html
https://twitter.com/satoshi_swalot/status/1259252606754385920
https://twitter.com/satoshi_swalot/status/1259235162161770496

Many Japanese netizens think that Pokespe is not a personal work of Yamamoto (and Kusaka). They said Yamamoto just borrowed "Pokemon" to draw Pokespe. And there are also many not good comments. I hope these will not affect Yamamoto's mood, oh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.