• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

e9310103838

B2W2's final update.

The Purrloin plot is different with the game.

Colress has thawed out from the frozen state. I guess this may be a foreshadowing (implied Lusamine?)

-----------------

Just a small correction. Colress is still frozen. They won't unfreeze him until he is in the detention room after.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
So, our long-awaited eight pages are here finally... We can go home now.

The arc that frustrated the hell out of us has come to a close. We braced ourselves, we cried, we waited so long for every chapter... and the result was usually unrewarding. And this ending is just like the rest of this arc - it is just there. This should've been a PWT arc, akin to Emerald Arc, instead of that random detective story they actually went for (Kusaka was never good at such things). It would still be screwed by all those hiati but at least it could be more tolerable and more up to our expectations (the artbook poster and the new Kanto Gym Leaders art promised us a PWT and we got nothing, just an aerial view of its unfinished building). But I guess it doesn't matter now.

I'm so glad that this dumpster fire is finally over... or is it? The final ending will be when Vols 54 & 55 release and they have been already postponed like twice... and the global disease thingy is still raging (don't see how it's a problem here but now everyone uses the virus as a convenient excuse for everything), so nothing is definite. But anyway, now we can only cross fingers in hope that the two volumes indeed release on May 28 and afterwards the XY volumes come quickly and regularly one after another. This manga cannot afford to waste any more time, it's three generations behind the rest of the franchise!

Moni_22

I feel like it's missing an epilogue that should come in the volume. Just a few more pages to see everyone's outcomes. But all in all, even if it wasn't perfect, it was a good finale.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That's it? No epilogue showing where all of the characters are now? After having this series last for ten years it ends like this?

G-SANtos

Crap, I got ninja'd in the thread creation. I was just writing the thread post. But anyway, here are my thoughts. (And yet, I took one hour writing this post after I realized I was no longer first. Oh well)

The update is just those eight pages.

As I expected, we don't see the fire being put out. It just skips to after the fact. G-Cis is arrested, and Whi-Two says the Pokémon he stole will never forgive or forget him, even if humans eventually do.
N seems to accept Zorua back, and I get the impression Hue's sister's Purrloin is the same one he used to fight Black. I also get the impression that some of those Pokémon that show up at the end were N's. I mean, Gurdurr, Tranquill, Palpitoad, Swoobat. All of those are either Pokémon he had, or Evolutions of them. But there's also so many unrelated Pokémon, like Golurk and... A Servine? Cheren's Servine? Hue's Snivy after evolving?

I'm also surprised Reshiram and Zekrom flew off. Many other characters have already owned Legandaries in PokéSpe, so why not let Black and N keep the first Legendaries that you need to catch in the games? Is Kusaka just against cover Legendaries being permanent members of character teams?

We also have G-Cis referring to Black as "Dreamer", which is, like, the first time since FRLG that a Dex Holder title is said on page, and the first time that a post-GSC title is mentioned outside supplementary materials. Is this going to be a regular thing from now on? Are the titles going to appear in the story moving forward, instead of just being mentioned in guide books?

But this update, it feels a bit rushed. It lacks a transition scene for XY referencing Kalos or anything. We also have Lack-Two just... Just being there in the final panel. We have no idea if Lack-Two and Whi-Two return to have classes on the Trainers' School. And also, we still need Cheren and Homika to become Gym Leaders.

I have to say, I smell a volume expansion. When was the last time we actually got the complete ending in the serialization? Really. At least since Platinum every non-volume ending is incomplete.
There are probably a few volume-only pages in this chapter. Probably not a ton, but at least one scene after Lack-Two walks with his Pokémon.

If my theory about Cheren, Bel, and Hue getting Pokédexes is correct, I feel like Kusaka wants non-game name Dex Holders to be a volume-only surprise.

This should've been a PWT arc, akin to Emerald Arc, instead of that random detective story they actually went for (Kusaka was never good at such things). It would still be screwed by all those hiati but at least it could be more tolerable and more up to our expectations (the artbook poster and the new Kanto Gym Leaders art promised us a PWT and we got nothing, just an aerial view of its unfinished building). But I guess it doesn't matter now.
I think Kusaka was initially confident he would be able to get another magazine to serialize B2W2 and XY at the same time. I'm pretty sure he didn't expect multiple Generations to pass before being able to finish it. The fact multiple early chapters were excursions makes me feel that was the "travel reason" for this arc, and that is what they would use to showcase all the new locations and features.

And honestly, due to the B2W2 games being a whole new story, instead of third game or remake, I feel like Kusaka originally wanted the B2W2 arc to have the same size as an usual "first game" arc, and the PWT was going to be sort of a midstory stuff. This probably explains why he didn't put much effort into showcasing unused moves and Pokémon, or giving a team to Whi-Two.
Only after ORAS, or maybe after learned SM was coming, he realized he would not be able to have a first game sized arc, and had to change pace fast, but the damage was already done. That is probably why the PWT became just a cameo.

By contrast, B2W2's existence was probably why XY already hit the ground running: Kusaka was probably bracing for the possibility of X2Y2 instead of Z, and didn't want to take his sweet time with Legendaries like he did in BW and Sinnoh, even though Kalos only had three new non-Mythicals.

But relax, I'm sure we'll get the Pokémon World Tournament when we get BW remakes, or maybe B2W2 remakes. Unless SwSh does it first with DLC, in which case PokéSpe will do PWT in Galar instead and have a short reference to the Unova one that happened "a few years ago".

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
For long time readers it should be no surprise that exclusive material will be added when the volume come out.
Rest assured, there will be an epilogue.

e9310103838

I have to say, I smell a volume expansion. When was the last time we actually got the complete ending in the serialization? Really. At least since Platinum every non-volume ending is incomplete.

As far as I know, this mode has existed since GSC at least.

Lucky3

I wouldn't rule out this delay happened precisely to finish it properly 'cause they couldn't with the previous date. Yamamoto said on twitter a while back that these 8 pages were originally supposed to be part of last month's update.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm also surprised Reshiram and Zekrom flew off. Many other characters have already owned Legandaries in PokéSpe, so why not let Black and N keep the first Legendaries that you need to catch in the games? Is Kusaka just against cover Legendaries being permanent members of character teams?

Kusaka has always made it a point to keep Legendaries on a Dex holder's team nerfed in some way to prevent them from being overpowered.

Regigigas refuses to leave its Poke Ball unless Sinnoh is in a major crisis and Xerneas is currently a tree again. But there's nothing stopping them from coming back, obviously.

Also, if we want to argue semantics, Black never officially owned Reshiram. It was never put in a Poke Ball and it never received a nickname despite him being a nicknamer.

Also, speaking of Legendaries, Victini is with Black's team. It's sitting on Brav, so it probably doesn't mean much.

But what's curious is the lack of Genesect. I know it was injured, but so was Escavalier.

But this update, it feels a bit rushed. It lacks a transition scene for XY referencing Kalos or anything. We also have Lack-Two just... Just being there in the final panel. We have no idea if Lack-Two and Whi-Two return to have classes on the Trainers' School. And also, we still need Cheren and Homika to become Gym Leaders.

They referred to Roxie as a Gym Leader in chapter 534, or was that removed in the volume version?

Also, arc transitions don't always have to be at the end of an arc. The FRLG-Emerald transition happened in Emerald's first chapter.

When was the last time we actually got the complete ending in the serialization? Really. At least since Platinum every non-volume ending is incomplete.

FRLG.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Kusaka has always made it a point to keep Legendaries on a Dex holder's team nerfed in some way to prevent them from being overpowered.

Regigigas refuses to leave its Poke Ball unless Sinnoh is in a major crisis and Xerneas is currently a tree again. But there's nothing stopping them from coming back, obviously.

Also, if we want to argue semantics, Black never officially owned Reshiram. It was never put in a Poke Ball and it never received a nickname despite him being a nicknamer.

Also, speaking of Legendaries, Victini is with Black's team. It's sitting on Brav, so it probably doesn't mean much.

But what's curious is the lack of Genesect. I know it was injured, but so was Escavalier.

They referred to Roxie as a Gym Leader in chapter 534, or was that removed in the volume version?

Also, arc transitions don't always have to be at the end of an arc. The FRLG-Emerald transition happened in Emerald's first chapter.

FRLG.
Didn't XY/SM also get complete endings?

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Oh so it reverted back. That's why I thought it was weird because I remembered it being in the second form but when reading this chapter I noticed it was in its first form again. Thanks for the clarification.

Keldeo only attains that form when it learns Secret Sword. I don't think it ever used it unless it went unnamed when it attacked Colress.

Besides the epilogue i think they might add a transition scene between the starters attacking with the Pledge moves and today's first page. The transition seemed very abrupt. Besides we didn't really see when Zorua joined N, right?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
How come every arc ends with a philosophical discussion nowadays?
Nowadays? Freaking Yellow arc ended with some sort of ecological reminder after the Kanto Elite 4 posed as a bunch of eco-extremists.

Pretty much every arc after that had some sort of insight. Despite the fact I can't remember exactly what was SM's moral discussion, though.

Anyway, happy this finally ended. Lack 2 being some sort of black sheep of the dex holders in general is for better, I think, really an usual guy, even if compared to guys like Dia or X.

I'm...not very satisfacted with Ghetsis' ending. He didn't suffer enough. I do suppose a mental collapse after see every mon ever that TP stole will have his skull if he ever appears again is fitting, anyway.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
G-SANtos said:
SwSh does it first with DLC.
I doubt that would be happened as dlc but Kusaka could definitely copy and paste the Pokemon anime pwt as he so desires for it

Status
Not open for further replies.