• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky3

He doesn't have to be evil but maybe it could have led him to make a big mistake. It kinda went that route but it didn't end up being something very important, I thought the consequences would be bigger.
Yeah, the way that got resolved was a little weird. Shield just went on about how she never told him when he was wrong, but it's not like he's a morally empty guy like Lack-Two that geniunely doesn't understand. That was clearly not the issue since he obviously was remorseful about his actions.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
Does anyone else feel really underwhelmed by all this?
Usually Kusaka does something new or has a twist. Here it really feels like strictly to the games but with some random changes that don't really do anything
No character has stood out differently either
B2W2, XY, SM and ORAS all had their flaws but each arc had their memorable characters and well unique things, even if there were issues like pacing and rushing and all

This just feels so boring to keep up with. Really feels Kusaka lost his spark.....
"Don't you know, hon? It's 2023. SM arc is good now."

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
tbh the SM arc was mostly pretty good until the USUM section began, then everything just fizzled out in a really underwhelming way. The only arc I'd straight up call bad is ORAS, kinda tempted for BW2 but tbh that was more just disappointing than bad, and it had its shining moments. As for SwSh, I like it, but yeah it feels more like a better version of SwSh's story rather than a new story, the cast being really fun and actually used unlike thet games definitely helps, especially Bede

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
.....I did NOT say its good lmao, ive been a vocal disliker of it since the day it ended
What I said was that despite its flaws SM atleast still had unique twists to it, atleast until the USUM portion where then it became a bit of a mess. SwSh, as mehmeh mentioned, just feels like an improved game story version rather than anything new
tbh the SM arc was mostly pretty good until the USUM section began, then everything just fizzled out in a really underwhelming way. The only arc I'd straight up call bad is ORAS, kinda tempted for BW2 but tbh that was more just disappointing than bad, and it had its shining moments. As for SwSh, I like it, but yeah it feels more like a better version of SwSh's story rather than a new story, the cast being really fun and actually used unlike thet games definitely helps, especially Bede
Totally agree, although I have a soft spot for ORAS still as it was the first arc since Emerald where we kinda get a continuation on the past characters and I love how it wraps up a lot of stuff such as the Missing organism 1, Red and Blue being able to go mega was cool, more story on Wallace x Winona and Ruby x Sapphire which had a satisfying finish and just everyone in the end teaming up. I feel ORAS is mostly non offensive with some nice fanservice, so I look to it more fondly than current SwSh or SM arcs, but honestly after BW everything has been kind of underwhelming and don't feel as complete and structured and just all around good as every arc before......the hiatus took its toll and PokeSpe hasnt ever really been the same imo

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
.....I did NOT say its good lmao, ive been a vocal disliker of it since the day it ended
What I said was that despite its flaws SM atleast still had unique twists to it, atleast until the USUM portion where then it became a bit of a mess. SwSh, as mehmeh mentioned, just feels like an improved game story version rather than anything new

Totally agree, although I have a soft spot for ORAS still as it was the first arc since Emerald where we kinda get a continuation on the past characters and I love how it wraps up a lot of stuff such as the Missing organism 1, Red and Blue being able to go mega was cool, more story on Wallace x Winona and Ruby x Sapphire which had a satisfying finish and just everyone in the end teaming up. I feel ORAS is mostly non offensive with some nice fanservice, so I look to it more fondly than current SwSh or SM arcs, but honestly after BW everything has been kind of underwhelming and don't feel as complete and structured and just all around good as every arc before......the hiatus took its toll and PokeSpe hasnt ever really been the same imo
Tbh I do put XY up there with the other great spe arcs, I really liked X's character development, and it had some really great tension especially early on with TF having a hand everywhere. I guess the only negative I'd give it is there being very little time to breathe, but I felt it worked well for it.
As for ORAS a lot of it just felt clunky for me, especially the explanations for the ORAS design changes, and the mute Sapphire plot, maybe it'll improve once the volume version is fully out, but still.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Tbh I do put XY up there with the other great spe arcs, I really liked X's character development, and it had some really great tension especially early on with TF having a hand everywhere. I guess the only negative I'd give it is there being very little time to breathe, but I felt it worked well for it.
As for ORAS a lot of it just felt clunky for me, especially the explanations for the ORAS design changes, and the mute Sapphire plot, maybe it'll improve once the volume version is fully out, but still.
I do like XY and it had really cool concepts and a great story, but imo it got way too rushed too soon and things suddenly started happening way too fast that a lot didnt feel as deserved for the end
Idk, the pacing of every arc before B2W2 has always felt proper without rush and taking its time to fully explore the region and characters while giving a great plot. XY is definitely the best amongst B2W2, ORAS, SM and SwSh but its rushed nature really makes me not associate it as high as the earlier PokeSpe stuff

Moni_22

Blame the game company for releasing a new gen every 3 years.
I think the problem is that he's pressured to finish the story asap because they want to use the manga as publicity for the newer games, which is why the last few arcs have been so rushed.

The weird thing is that it hasn't happened with SWSH, which makes me wonder what they plan to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.