• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jurassic Park

HoennKyogre

Hey, I know this is random, but please don't be mean to me for saying this:

There is this MAD sketch of a Jurassic Park spoof, called Pokemon Park, and it includes people getting eaten by a Gyarados...

Zartan666

I love the Jurassic Park franchise! The first is the best no doubt. But I like the third more than part 2. Part 3 was a fun bit of entertainment nothing more nothing less. It never tried to rise above the fact that it was a B movie. Something the first two hid very well. none of the movies honestly were made that good. The geography and continuity is practically non existent in the first movie. Just watch the T-Rex breakout scene again. Things just happen in that scene with no logic put into them. All movies have problems. But despite the problems it has Jurassic Park is still a highly entertaining movie. So much so as a kid it made me want to read the book. So I did. When I was 11. So much of that book was way over my head at the time I think it killed my enjoyment of the book. But nothing will ever kill the enjoyment I get watching the movie. And damn if those special effects are not better than 90% of what we get in movies today.

I was one of the few who actually wanted to see the JP4 that would have been about the humanoid Dino black ops team. It was so rediculus that there was no way I wouldn't have seen it. But then I was a big Dinosaucers fan back in the day too. There is actually a few places left for the franchise to go. I've had an idea in my mind for years that I'm amazed no one has used yet. It would be set on the mainland, and it would involve a Dino invassion of sorts. But it's probably not action packed enough for most people. Maybe some day I'll try my hand at screen writing.

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
My favorite movie of all time.

P.S. Who else thinks there should be more dinosaur related pokemon.
raptor pokemon would be awsome.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Hey, I know this is random, but please don't be mean to me for saying this:

There is this MAD sketch of a Jurassic Park spoof, called Pokemon Park, and it includes people getting eaten by a Gyarados...

I saw the preview. "This is why Pocket Monsters weren't meant to captured" or something like that. Can't wait for it to show. :)

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Aw, I LOVE Jurassic Park!! Considering when it was made the special effects are amazing (those 90's Dinosaurs look more realistic than the Twi werewolves!!) and I adore both Sam Neill and Jeff Goldlbum in their roles and Grant and Malcolm (who are awesome characters both in the books and the movie).

And yeah neither of the sequels were AS good as the first, but they were still amazing, and the trilogy as a whole has to be one of the best of all time. I don't understand why movies like Jaws alway snag the attention - Jurassic Park beats it hands down as one of Spielberg's finest.

Oh and I just have to say...anyone who hasn't read the book, DO SO. Once it gets started, you seriously cannot put it down.

@ Grass Master - YES YES YES! I fell in love with rampardos ;__;

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
cool to see that there are people who still love Jurassic Park. It's a dying franchise, and I would hate JP to end without some sort of finally of some sorts. It's why i want JP4 so much. i wish the world was still interested in it as they were in the 90s.

TellTale, a game company, is planning on releasing info for their new Jurassic Park game on the 17th of this month (which is 4 days from now.)

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Saw the first movie, read the first book. Both were pretty decent. Michael Crichton was a wicked author, and the CGI/animatronics in the movie is still very respectable.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
What sort of "finale" does the concept need, exactly?
oops i spelled finale wrong...

a finale for Jurassic Park would be one the closes the series with a happy and satisfying ending. The Lost World did this becuase it was the original ending for the series but then Jurassic Park 3 was made, and left the viewers unsatisfied. The reason why is that it didn't have the things that the fans wanted and it was simply not "epic enough"

Becuase I'm part of the fan base and I'm a member of several fan sites for Jurassic Park, here is the thing that the fans would be happy with for a JP4.

1. Carnotaurus-
this dinosaur was not in TLW which upset many fans. They hoped for it in the third film but it wasn't in that film. It is a favorite among many fans are their favorite dinosaur from the novels. A few scenes which a chameleon Carnotaur would be just plain awesome. In the second novel, the Carnotaur had the camouflage ability of a chameleon.

2. Dilophosaurus-
This dinosaur was only in the first movie, but the fans think it's underused. A return would make some nice nostalgic scenes in a new film

3. Return of the past characters-
many fans want JP4 to have the original main characters of the first movie: Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, an Ian Malcolm. Fans would also like to see a return of Lex and Tim Murphy, the kids from the first film.

4. Richard Levine-
a character from TLW novel. he is a favorite among the fans yet the didn't use him in the movie. Instead, the split Richard Levine into two different characters; Sarah Harding and Nick Van Owen. Harding was in the book but wasn't a paleontologist like in the movie.

5. A clear explanation-
the fans want the movie to explain what happened to Isla Nublar (which TLW did, but it was in a deleted scene) and a clear explanation of what Isla Sorna is like after JP3.

6. Mainland-
something that i don't want but many people do. They want dinosaurs on the mainland and InGen or some other genetic company trying to rebuild that park. i don't like the idea becuase it's really close to TLW movie.

7. T-Rex Revenge-
most fans hate the fact that spinosaurus won and that the T-Rex was never seen again. It would be awesome to see a rematch where the Rex wins. this is something that would make me really happy in a JP4.

8. Government Conspiracy-
a lot of people want a JP4 to be more global and "epic." they want some sort of mystery or conspiracy between InGen and the company that was in the novels, BioSyn. they also want conflict between the Costa Rican and American government that involves the islands.

there are more but these are the must haves that most people want.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
^^ heavily seconded. They've left it with dinosaurs alive still out there - don't tell me they're never gonna get out. In the immortal words of Malcolm:

Life will find a way.

Seriously BCVM22, do you have nothing better to do? It seems like half the times I see you on a thread, you're only there to criticise what other people are saying!

Dattebayo

Banned
1. Carnotaurus-
this dinosaur was not in TLW which upset many fans. They hoped for it in the third film but it wasn't in that film. It is a favorite among many fans are their favorite dinosaur from the novels. A few scenes which a chameleon Carnotaur would be just plain awesome. In the second novel, the Carnotaur had the camouflage ability of a chameleon.

They had the Carnotaurus in TLW arcade game, but no one really remembers it, only the arcade game of the first movie, which I love with a passion.

BCVM22

Seriously BCVM22, do you have nothing better to do? It seems like half the times I see you on a thread, you're only there to criticise what other people are saying!

I dunno; do you have nothing better to do than to carry your soapbox with you and get up on it when you feel I'm not adhering to some invisible code of conduct? It seems like half the times I see you on a thread, you're only there to do a WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN and shake your finger at me.

With that out of the way, I was inquiring as to what sort of finale he felt Jurassic Park as a whole needed, as it's not as if the films constitute distinctive parts of a larger story like, say Star Wars, where the story is actually left incomplete without a further film. Shockingly enough, the first part is exactly what I said. Could it be that it's smarter to just take me at face value and conclude I'm just asking a question instead of wasting your time and mine doing this high-horse rigamarole?

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
I dunno; do you have nothing better to do than to carry your soapbox with you and get up on it when you feel I'm not adhering to some invisible code of conduct? It seems like half the times I see you on a thread, you're only there to do a WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN and shake your finger at me.

With that out of the way, I was inquiring as to what sort of finale he felt Jurassic Park as a whole needed, as it's not as if the films constitute distinctive parts of a larger story like, say Star Wars, where the story is actually left incomplete without a further film. Shockingly enough, the first part is exactly what I said. Could it be that it's smarter to just take me at face value and conclude I'm just asking a question instead of wasting your time and mine doing this high-horse rigamarole?
he's got a point though, some times you can be a bit of a jerk. **tries to avoid an argument**

The difference between Jurassic Park and stories like Star Wars and Harry Potter is that those franchises have large holes in the story and a large made up world where someone can make an entire new film that has nothing to do with the original pieces and it will still be considered "canon" becuase they do not contradict any of the other pieces of the franchise. Jurassic Park on the other hand is a story in a more realistic world and a less global event. You can't do much with such a small story. The movie would have been great as a stand alone but once they made JP3 it was practically necessary to make at least one more movie. The problem is coming up with a good original story that isn't far-fetched. JP isn't far-fetched. That's the problem. You can't make up some new alien planet or a new magical spell. It has boundaries. So, there isn't much more to put in the story that hasn't already been done.

I would actually suggest a prequel for JP instead of a sequel. A sequel will make people complain about "They're on the island again! why would they go there more than once!?" but in a prequel, its different.

One prequel idea that i have in mind (don't steel my idea people, I'm currently writing a fan fiction on another website that is this idea. don't plagiarize!) is Isla Sorna before it was evacuated during the Hurricane Clarissa. John Hammond says thats what happened in The Lost World movie. They could easily make a movie about that. The island evacuates, but some how people are left behind and have to survive the dinosaurs. My idea is more complex than that, but I won't go into details.

Dattebayo

Banned
The difference between Jurassic Park and stories like Star Wars and Harry Potter is that those franchises have large holes in the story and a large made up world where someone can make an entire new film that has nothing to do with the original pieces and it will still be considered "canon" becuase they do not contradict any of the other pieces of the franchise.

The Star Wars fanbase would like to have a word with you. The prequel trilogy and "The Clone Wars" sometimes contradict few of the important elements from the original trilogy. Episode 1 is the perfect example for this.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola

Carry my soapbox? Won't someone think of the children?

..the hell are you on?

All I said was that most of the time when I see you post, you only seem to be there to negate what others are saying and/or wittily mock them for how dumb they are. What really sticks out is that often you go to a thread where it is obvious people only want to discuss a lighthearted topic/complain, and you tell them how invalid/stupid their opinions are. Why even go to that thread in the first place, and not just stick to intellectual discussions, which is clearly the only kind of discussion you feel is good enough for you? There's answering what somebody is saying and then there's just being annoyingly contrary and rude for no reason. I apologise if you were only asking an innocent question here, but it did come off as sounding hugely sarcastic, and the "" around finale didn't help.

And if you seriously think half my posts are only there to shake my finger at you, all I can say is wow, big ego alert.

Pardon me for going off topic. Those who know me will know I'm generally a cheerful person and I really only like to make friends on this forum :)

I'd love to see a JP prequel, but prequels have so much of a bad rap...it'd have to be a prequel that is so great it is on par with, like, The Hobbit (and yeah, I know The Hobbit technically came first >__>;; )

Last edited:

koosbane

master breeder
As evolutionrex said there is a game in development it was previewed in the february 2011 issue of game informer. I hate to be the one to say this but, from the looks of the stills I saw in the magazine, it looks like crap. I hope I am wrong but this looks behind the times as far as graphics.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
As evolutionrex said there is a game in development it was previewed in the february 2011 issue of game informer. I hate to be the one to say this but, from the looks of the stills I saw in the magazine, it looks like crap. I hope I am wrong but this looks behind the times as far as graphics.
The graphics look okay, but the pokemon games are fun yet they have bad graphics (even though that's considered average for a DS.) It's not just about the graphics.

The new game is something that a lot of the fans want; an game that wasn't just mindless dinosaur shooting ans had a story behind it. This game won't involve shooting dinosaurs but will involve challenging puzzles and action parts. Its more of a kids game but TellTale supposedly paid attention to the details and created a game that the fans want. more info will be released on Thursday about the game. I'll make sure to post that here.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist