• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jurassic Park

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
Ive love Jurassic Park since i was a little kid,I read the book in high school and i enjoyed it more then the movie as a kid,don't get me wrong Jurassic Park is still my favourite movie,its just that the book had better parts in it that i think should of ended up in the movie.TLW was the first of the films i saw at the movies,and i was only 9 or 10 at the time so it blew my mind,JP/// was a real let down plot wise, having Alan Grant back was good thou.

As for games featuring JP I rember playing a game on pc made by ocean that came out in the early 90's wish i could get my hands on that again such fun,TLW game for PS1 and Warpath (tekken x primal rage) where fun too,Then there was Operation Genesis which i still have on pc today.

As for JP 4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Johnston it says he "In 2010, he announced that he planned a new Jurassic Park trilogy" It even has the date when expected 2013,thou of cause this is still a possibility.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
As for JP 4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Johnston it says he "In 2010, he announced that he planned a new Jurassic Park trilogy" It even has the date when expected 2013,thou of cause this is still a possibility.
he did say that, but he's said it many times before. He's been saying that since 2004. its been an off again-on again process. I have serious doubts that he will be making it.

I do think that he should. in 2009, 2010, and 2011, more and more Jurassic Park and dinosaur related things have been happening. I believe that the world, at least America, is starting to get back into dinosaurs. Several dinosaur games have been created is the last two years, including the new Jurassic Park game. There have been two recent comic book series of Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park: Redemption (that comic was absolutely terrible, don't bother reading it) and Jurassic Park: Devils in the Desert (still very new, but it is really good so far, i like it). Not to mention there was a 2009 toy series for Jurassic Park.

Now, there is Terra Nova, a TV series about a colony from the future who travel back in time to repopulate the human species. They go back to the Mesozoic era and are attacked by dinosaurs. This will be on the Fox channel in the Fall (US). There is also going to be a new dinosaur movie about a family who goes to the Congo and find dinosaurs. it's going to have a Cloverfield and District 9 approach. on top of that, several dinosaur documentaries are planned to be released on television.

Its a lot more than usual for dino nuts. This makes me believe that Joe Johnston will begin pre-production later this year, if he really is going to make it. Now is the time.

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
There is also going to be a new dinosaur movie about a family who goes to the Congo and find dinosaurs. it's going to have a Cloverfield and District 9 approach. on top of that, several dinosaur documentaries are planned to be released on television.

Its a lot more than usual for dino nuts. This makes me believe that Joe Johnston will begin pre-production later this year, if he really is going to make it. Now is the time.
That sounds interesting do you happen to know the name of this movie,the Congo seems like a good place to set a movie like that.

Dattebayo

Banned
The CGI in the first film was very well done for its time, almost revolutionary.

Unless you're someone who grew up in the late 70's or early 80's like the AVGN.

Since when did people's interest in a certain subject = sequel to an old franchise dedicated to said subject? Tron Legacy was made due to interest in computer technology that has developed in the 2000's, but it didn't do well in the box office like its predecesser. So I doubt a JP4 would be made.

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
Unless you're someone who grew up in the late 70's or early 80's like the AVGN.

Since when did people's interest in a certain subject = sequel to an old franchise dedicated to said subject? Tron Legacy was made due to interest in computer technology that has developed in the 2000's, but it didn't do well in the box office like its predecesser. So I doubt a JP4 would be made.
I believe the subject is JP,so i guess that means all things Jp,Does it not?

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
i didn't say that i think he was, i said i think that this would be the time for Johnston to make the film. I have doubts as well.

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
No, that would be dinosaurs, which is what JP is dedicated to.
Wait, so let me get this straight,the subject is JP franchise,the movies the novels etc,yet i bring up one point of a possible trilogy,which does in fact relate to this topic,and Im off topic,thats what I think your implying.

Dattebayo

Banned
Wait, so let me get this straight,the subject is JP franchise,the movies the novels etc,yet i bring up one point of a possible trilogy,which does in fact relate to this topic,and Im off topic,thats what I think your implying.

What I'm saying is that I'm assuming that in order to making JP4, people have to be interested in dinosaurs again, which is a kinda ridiculous.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
What I'm saying is that I'm assuming that in order to making JP4, people have to be interested in dinosaurs again, which is a kinda ridiculous.
How is that ridiculous? ever since Twilight, tons of vampire and werewolf stuff has been in the Media.

But the chances are slim, but its a good sign for Jurassic Park. Its not average for JP to get a new comic, toy series, and video game so close together since JP3. its unusual. Now, would be the time for Johnston to make a JP4. Will he? probably not, but there is a higher chance than normal.

Dattebayo

Banned
How is that ridiculous? ever since Twilight, tons of vampire and werewolf stuff has been in the Media.

Like I said, Tron Legacy was made due to computer technoloy becoming a popular thing since the 2000's, yet it failed at the box office because people had no interest in it despite the hype it was given. So even if people are starting to gain interest in dinosaurs, JP4 won't be doing well after the negative reviews given to remakes/sequels to older franchises that have been released in the past years, which is why originality is highly demanded for all films.

People especially fans of the existing movies are still interested in Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are a topic at primary school so you'll have a generation of kids getting excited although may be too young :p Although the Vampire thing really is still quite popular.

This opinion might be biased as i am still in love with dinosaurs and think everyone else should be aswell.

JP4 unless it's very good or have some amazing addition or in amazing 3-D (imagine raptors jumping out of the grass at you, giant T-rex head) will be largly overlooked. This is usually due to the whole "Sequels never being as good as the ones that came before them" mindset.

And yeah neither of the sequels were AS good as the first, but they were still amazing, and the trilogy as a whole has to be one of the best of all time. I don't understand why movies like Jaws alway snag the attention - Jurassic Park beats it hands down as one of Spielberg's finest.
Funny you mention Jaws because IMO, Jaws is one of the best movies on the planet but i also think Jurassic Park is aswell. Both deserve equal and large hype because they are both amazing but very different. Both are fighting it out at the top of my list for favourite movie and that's the honest truth of my opinion.

About it getting more attention well maybe on TV but most people i know hate Jaws because they say "nothing happens" or "it's a movie about a shark... with no shark and a bunch of people talking about a shark".

They forget it's an old film now. These days you rarely find a good movie that isn't predictable and doesn't have such an obvious beginning, middle, end or a montage sequence when they were too lazy to put actual, good content into the movie.

Jurassic Park is full to the brim with excitment, great special effects that don't just rely on computer graphics, no montages :p and enough comedy. You also don't know for sure who is going to be eaten!

Well you know the kids are pretty much safe from death and the main characters but anyway...

My favourite lines would be:

The whole God creates dinosaurs bit.

"Thinking machine supercomputers"

"Oh Mr DNA, where did you come from?
"From your blood!"

"Bingo, Dino DNA"

-Mr DNA =P

"Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word. Ah ah ah. Ah ah ah."
"Please! God damn it! I hate this hacker crap!"

F*cking Dennis... He got a good end.

Last edited:

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Here is a preview for the recent IDW Jurassic Park comic series called Devils in the Desert. issue 1 and 2 have been released, in case you wanted to know.
http://www.comixology.com/previews/NOV100378/0/

If for one think that this comic is way much better than IDW's last comic for Jurassic Park called Jurassic Park: Redemption. it had terrible art and a terrible plot. Devils in the Desert, from what I've heard, is the best Jurassic Park comic series so far.