• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just a Hail Team......

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Well, this is just a hail team I was thinking of, hence the name. Any suggestions on EVs, movesets, replacements, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

;460;Abomasnow @Leftovers
Brave
Snow Warning
EVs: 188 HP, 48 Atk, 96 Def, 176 Sp.Def
-Wood Hammer
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Ice Shard
-Leech Seed
What would a hail team be without Abomasnow? As a lead, he seeds the opponent and then attacks with STAB Wood Hammer or Ice Beam. Blizzard could be used, because of permanent hail. Ice Shard is there for priority. EV spread is to promote bulk and survivability.

;365;Walrein @Leftovers
Modest
Ice Body
EVs: 156 HP, 82 Sp.Atk, 136 Def, 136 Sp.Def
-Ice Beam
-Encore
-Stockpile
-Toxic
Walrein the hail staller! Heh. Ice Beam is STAB, Encore for annoying my opponent, Stockpile for the defense and special defense boosts, Toxic for wall-breaking. EVs may seem odd, but I think it could work.

Alakazam @Life Orb
Timid
Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast/Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
Alakazam is here to provide a boost in the team's offense. Life Orb and Magic Guard because the damage is negated, but not the power. Psyshock is STAB, and provides pseudo-mixed capabilities. Focus Blast takes down Dark and Steel types, but Hidden Power(Fighting) is a more accurate option, Energy Ball and Shadow Ball for coverage.

;459;Snover @Eviolite
Impish
Snow Warning
EVs: 118 HP, 216 Def, 176 Sp.Def
-Ice Shard
-Leech Seed
-Toxic/Grasswhistle
-Magic Coat/Ingrain
Why Snover you ask? Snover is here as a hail restarter/annoyer. Ice Shard for priority, STAB, and so Snover isn't wrecked by Taunt. Leech Seed for healing, Toxic for wall-breaking, (but Grasswhistle would provide free set-up,) Magic Coat for status reflecting. (though Ingrain would provide more healing.)

;472;Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Impish
Poison Heal
EVs: 200 HP, 200 Def, 110 Spe (I need some help with this.)
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Fling
Poison Heal with Toxic Orb helps offset hail damage. Once poisoned, Gliscor can Fling its Toxic Orb, badly poison the target, then use boosted Acrobatics on the next turn for massive damage after Swords Dance. Earthquake for STAB.

Sigilyph @Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
Timid?(I need some help with the nature.)
Magic Guard
EVs: 140 HP, 16 Def, 16 Sp.Def, 204 Spe, 134 Sp.Atk (I REALLY need help with these EVs.)
-Stored Power
-Roost
-Psycho Shift
-Cosmic Power
I THINK this set might possibly be kind of the standard. Cosmic Power gives helpful boosts to defense and special defense, and boosts the power of Stored Power, which, after two Cosmic Powers, has a higher power than Psychic. I think. Roost for Healing, Psycho Shift for transfering burned or badly poisoned, depending on which item i pick, to my opponent, and with Magic Guard, Sigilyph is immune to hail damage, status damage, entry hazard damage, and, once its item kicks in, status conditions.

Well, that's it. Please tell me what you think.

blue cheez

I don't really see how your team abuses hail. Like honestly what is your strategy? If you want it to be offensive, you have no one using 100% accuracy blizzard. In fact, even your walerin has icebeam instead of blizzard (big mistake).

Anyway, you should seriously reconsider this entire team. If you intend to stall-out the opponent you NEED entry hazards/a spinblocker, and uhhh just more defense.

Two abomasnows is a bad idea, you honestly don't even need one with your current team.

Ventkey15

Frozen Trainer
Whats the point of hail I don't see it plus why gliscor he supports the team in no way sadly this team makes no sence as you need a new team and need to rebuild your strategy because this has none really.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Snover is dead weight on this team. It's better to have only Hail Setter-Upper than to have a Pokemon that gives Volcarona, Blaziken, Chandelure, Darmanitan, Terrakion, Conkeldurr, or even Klinklang (who all absolutely crush this team, except for maybe Gliscor) its chance to set up. Just be extra careful with your Abomasnow. And it wouldn't hurt to have screens to compensate for the Ice types awful defenses.

Cryochronic

Glaceon Cryogonal with Hail, Lapras, Weavile, Froslass, etc. need to be on this team. Not Snover.

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
Acrobatics' bonus from no item is ruined from toxic orb. Might as well replace it with aerial ace? if you want the flying attack