• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just a little worrying...

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
It' just a little worrying that my proxy is blocking some pages on this forum. The rare pages on these forums, including some debates, maybe. But with threads such as this I am a little worried about what a forum oriented around a children's game/show has become.

Unouki

Ill punch you :D
Yeah I agree, this is one of the most sex filled, drug filled, insulting and innappropriate forum around. Serebii revolution anyone?

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Yeah I agree, this is one of the most sex filled, drug filled, insulting and innappropriate forum around. Serebii revolution anyone?

Hell no. It's fun to spectate. =) And that one tread you linked to, had to do with how you drink soda bottles. People got all nasty though. Kirby's reaction was pricless.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Hell no. It's fun to spectate. =) And that one tread you linked to, had to do with how you drink soda bottles. People got all nasty though. Kirby's reaction was pricless.

That's what I'm talking about. The odd innuendo is alright. But they just got... Out of hand.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I will not deny that I turn a blind eye towards this sort of behavior, that probably makes me a bad mod to some people, but to be honest, I don't care if it does.

Of course, that being said I do not in anyway encourage the type of responses displayed in that topic. I do find them funny, because that's just my type of personality, but I do not find them appropriate for this board at times, and I wish that a few select individuals would tone down on posting such nonsense.

I don't see why this couldn't have been taken care of via a PM to the mod(s) of that particular section, but that's just me. I can't do much about it, it's going to continue whether or not I like it, I'd post why but it would be a tl;dr post, and nobody likes those.

Last edited:

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
lol, the misc section is gradually turning into /b/ :D.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
There, I deleted it.

But honestly, there will always be that one member who does this so I'd just suck it up.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I know that. But when it gets out of hand like that it's just despicable. Honestly.

It gets out of hand with that one member.

If it makes you feel any better though, I've already talked to one (two, if you count how he relayed what I said to another member involved) of the members involved, and he agreed that he will post less offensive posts in the future.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
But you gotta admit it, all though it was inappropriate AND offensive to many, most people DID get a good laugh from it :p. Not saying offensive threads should be kept alive or anything.

Final Flash

I've still got it.
So what was it that made that thread so terrible? -.-

facetious

facetious
But with threads such as this I am a little worried about what a forum oriented around a children's game/show has become.
Since when did Miscellaneous Discussion/Polls revolve around a "children's game show"? But yeah, you're right. Let's all immerse ourselves into discussions about the ways we drink from soda bottles, because that's clearly the apex of witticism and fascination. Seriously, Misc Polls would be dead without the occasional sexual overtones, the zeal and the facetiousness that many regulars bring into that forum.

I also can't count how many times I've responded to the same overused questions in Misc Polls, for example: "WHERE U LIVE", "WHAT UR ORIENTATION", "UR FAV FOOD", "WUT R U LISTENING 2 VER#284867325717", etc. etc. It all becomes redundant very quickly, especially after being registered for many years on this forum. The innuendos are just one of the many ways that members can merely spice things up and at least make these threads SOMEWHAT entertaining. The moderators and the regular Misc forumgoers are used to it by now.

Just stay in Clubs where you belong, honestly.

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
So what was it that made that thread so terrible? -.-

A few people played off of the topic title, which was "Suck or squeeze?" or something like that. The topic was asking do you suck your soda or squeeze the bottle, so you know, some people decided to be humorous and play off the suck part, and mention they like to suck wangs.

Last edited:
It' just a little worrying that my proxy is blocking some pages on this forum. The rare pages on these forums, including some debates, maybe. But with threads such as this I am a little worried about what a forum oriented around a children's game/show has become.

There are tons of sections here that have nothing to do with Pokemon.

Plus, Id say majority of the members here are NOT little silly "children" but are in the middle to later teens. Hell, even majority, if not all, of the staff is 16+

I guess it bothers you as well that PG13 and up rated material is allowed in FanFic/shipper Fics/fan art forums? Oh noes.

Its not the end of the world that one thread got "out of hand." Personally Id rather deal with that thread and get a laugh from it then the spamming ******** threads we get here from time to time.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
There is a varying degree of age groups here from teens to twenty something adults so the humour may go awry depending on your own mind. It would be good for everyone to be mindful that this is a mixed forum and some stuff just can't be said here.

cybermew

A la lune!
Eh, I say we have an age selection at the start, block off some threads from certain ages. If they lie about it then, its their own fault.