• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just a standard team that did well

Team At A Glance

gbg157.gif
gbg196.gif
dpffb395.png
pkrs122.gif
pkrs122.gif
pkrs132.gif
rbspr107.png

typhlosion.png

Typhlosion@Choice Scarf
Mild
Blaze
EVs: 144 Atk / 252 SpA / 112 Spe

Overheat
Eruption
HP ICE
Focus punch

Heres your bog standard Typhlosion lead Eruption does alot to anything that doesn't resist it, Overheat for a STAB when it low on health. HP Ice for Revenge killing dragons. and FP if I predict a blissey of heatran switch in.

espeon.png

Espeon@Choice Specs
Timid
Synchronize
EVs: 6HP / 252SpA / 252Spe

Psychic
HP Fighting
Signal Beam
Trick

I'm just trying this mon out, seeing as Espeon's movepool is so shallow I've just trying to get the best coverage as I can get.

empoleon.png

Empoleon@Leftovers
Calm
Torrent
EV: 252HP / 252SpD / 6 Spe

SR
Roar
Surf
Grass knot

My special wall and phazer, I need a check on CM cune and this seems to do the job ok.

altaria.png

Altaria@LifeOrb
Adament
Natural Cure
EVs: 6HP / 252Atk / 252 Spe

DD
Outrage
EQ
Roost

One of my favourite mons, just a standard DDer but I like it's natural bulk that mence doesn't have, I want to keep it poke in my team. It also doubles up as a staus absorber.

claydol.png

Claydol@Leftovers
Bold
Levitate
EVs:252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA

Rapid Spin
Toxic
Psychic
Earth Power

Heres my physical wall covers empol weakness's except grass, I was thinking in changing it to a Restalker to give it a recovery move but I don't know yet.

hitmonchan.png

Hitmonchan@Choice Scarf
Adamant
Iron Fist
EVs 6HP / 252Atk / 252 Spe

Close Combat
Mach Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

My main revenge killer, It can outspeed and OKHO standard Gyara with one DD with Thunderpunch. I'm using Mach Punch as max speed weavile still outspeeds this.

In a nut shell I really like this team. feel feel to pick it apart.

Last edited:

Connor™

Showstopper
Maybe consider Shadow Ball on Espeon, paired with Hidden Power Fight, it grants you impeccible neutral coverage.
Maybe you could also consider Ice Beam on Empoleon, if Salamence is locked into Outrage it could do nasty damage to your team (especially if it has a DD or two), so giving Empoleon Ice Beam grants it a way to kill of Salamence after it locked into Outrage (which Empoleon obviously resists).
Only Typhlosion can properly handle Scizor, be aware of this, as he can strike 1/2 or your team for Super Effective damage.
Having played this team I can tell you its very good, just the few slight possibilities I pointed out.

Fair enough if you want to keep it but that Altaria is outclassed by a Dragonite with the same set:

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant
Inner Focus
252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Spe

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Roost
Outrage / Dragon Claw

This guy has far more Attack (almost double) than Altaria and even has better defenses (this is partly due to his massive attack stat as he can afford to invest more into HP). This hits harder and lives longer than Altaria and the ONLY thing that Altaria has over Dragonite is Natural cure but that is outweighed by the stat difference between the two.

Also I put Dragon Claw as an option as Outrage can often get in the way when you want to Roost.

Last edited:
Fair enough if you want to keep it but that Altaria is outclassed by a Dragonite with the same set:

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant
Inner Focus
252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Spe

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Roost
Outrage / Dragon Claw

This guy has far more Attack (almost double) than Altaria and even has better defenses (this is partly due to his massive attack stat as he can afford to invest more into HP). This hits harder and lives longer than Altaria and the ONLY thing that Altaria has over Dragonite is Natural cure but that is outweighed by the stat difference between the two.

Also I put Dragon Claw as an option as Outrage can often get in the way when you want to Roost.

I know someone was going to point that out TBH I like Altaria too much to change it.

Cheers anyway

Rad3n

Banned
There's nothing that that Espeon does that Alakazam won't do better.

There's little that that Typhlosion does that Moltres won't do better.

There's little that that Altaria does that Salamence won't do better.

There's little that that Hitmonchan does that Machamp won't do better.

I'm not going to look past that. You have to use the best to be the best. I will respect someone for using something low tier in a unique way and winning but I will not respect someone for using something outclassed and winning.

Connor™

Showstopper
Rad3n, I'd love to see Moltres firing off stabbed Eruptions. Oh wait . . . Sorry, it can't do THAT can it ?
Put simply, Hitmonchan nabs quick kills and works as a revenge killer, so in no way is it functioning as a Machamp does.
Salamence is stopped cold by burns and paralysis, Altaria can heal via Natural Cure and he stated he was using Altaria for its relative Bulkiness, therefore its not Salamence who outclasses the variant he is using, but (as Cousin Dan mentioned) Dragonite.
Fair enough, the variant of Espeon is outclassed, however dont stereotype Pokemon, Espeon outclasses Alakazam as a Baton Passer, therefore there IS something it can do better than Alakazam.
On your last note, you don't need to use the best to be the best, many UU pokemon effectively stop many of the prominent OU threats cold in thier tracks, however because there "UU" peope disregard them for not being "the best".

There's nothing that that Espeon does that Alakazam won't do better.

There's little that that Typhlosion does that Moltres won't do better.

There's little that that Altaria does that Salamence won't do better.

There's little that that Hitmonchan does that Machamp won't do better.

I'm not going to look past that. You have to use the best to be the best. I will respect someone for using something low tier in a unique way and winning but I will not respect someone for using something outclassed and winning.

Moltres say Hai To SR.

Hitmonchan is a great scarfer, why would I want to use champ? the iron fist boost is great.

Why are people so shallow minded just using OUs?

If your not going to say anything positive don't say anything at all.

Rhys29

Encore
Moltres has Roost, which means it can last more than one shot. All of Moltres' stats are better besides speed which is fixed via Scarf or Agility. Moltres' Overheat is just about the same as a Typhlosion's Eruption. Moltres can actually counter things. Typhlosion wishes it where Moltres. One move does not set him apart or make him better.

Machamp has a 100% acc Dynamic Punch which counts as a revenge kill in most aspects (no one would want to switch into that). Machamp is far bulkier. Machamp has Payback for Ghosts. Machamp can Rest Talk redicilously well. Hitmonchan slightly faster. Once again, Hitmonchan wishes it could be Machamp.

Salamence has more Hp. Salamence has better defense due to Intimidate. Salamence is far stronger (he's even stronger with a burn). Salamence is faster. Salamence has higher Sp.A which allows him to blow through physical walls. Altaria can switch out better, which would ruin the point of using Dragon Dance in the first place. Altaria has slightly higher Sp.D restistance. Yeah, Altaria is far better than Salamence. Good arguement.

Alakazam hits harder. Alakazam is faster. Alakazam has more moves. Alakazam has physical options if you want to get creative. Espeon can do a crappy Jolteon impression by Baton Passing. Alakazam outclasses Espeon in every way.

This made me lol just as hard as when someone suggested to counter Infernape with Swampert. Welcome to RMT. We tell you what's wrong with your teams. Your team would not improve if we said: "Hey, nice OU team that's meant for UU! Don't worry about being outclassed in just about every way, that's not important."

Last edited:

Rad3n

Banned
Rad3n, I'd love to see Moltres firing off stabbed Eruptions. Oh wait . . . Sorry, it can't do THAT can it ?

Aggressive tone... Watch where you put your mouth when you're wrong. You are, in fact, wrong in all of your comments. I shouldn't have to point any of this out. It isn't worth my time to sit here and correct your every error. I will, however, take the time to remove these words you seem to have put in my mouth.

Fair enough, the variant of Espeon is outclassed, however dont stereotype Pokemon, Espeon outclasses Alakazam as a Baton Passer, therefore there IS something it can do better than Alakazam.

This is completely irrelevant. Alakazam doesn't even learn Baton Pass. If Alakazam did learn Baton Pass, it would outclass Espeon at that too. Charizard can Belly Drum and that makes it better at something than Salamence. If that Charizard is running a DD set, I can't say it's better than Salamence because it can Belly Drum can I? No.

On your last note, you don't need to use the best to be the best, many UU pokemon effectively stop many of the prominent OU threats cold in thier tracks, however because there "UU" peope disregard them for not being "the best".

This is once again irrelevant to my point. I like creativity and the use of UU Pokemon in OU. What I dislike is people using UU Pokemon that do nothing another Pokemon can't do better. A Quagsire running Mixpert may very well be able to stop a HP-Grass-less Raikou in OU but why use it over Mixpert? I chose to only give people who win with UUs respect if they use aspects that are unique to those UUs. If that Quagsire effectively uses Encore then fair enough. There's a good reason to use it over Mixpert. If not, they're stupid. I do not respect stupidity.

This is quite amusing to me. You are a fool to use Specs Espeon over Specs Alakazam. If you want to use an UU, make it do something unique. There's being open minded and there's being an idiot.

I told you what needed to be said. This happened to be the truth. You can leave here none-the-wiser. Many do. Just don't post a team when you aren't ready to take proper advice.

Reno

so adorable...
Moltres say Hai To SR.

Hitmonchan is a great scarfer, why would I want to use champ? the iron fist boost is great.

If I recall correctly, it is against the rules to refuse to change if a Pokemon is clearly outclassed.

If I recall correctly, it is against the rules to refuse to change if a Pokemon is clearly outclassed.

And it's a moronic rule at that. Too general. I mean, if I made a team around Delibird and you told me that CB Togekiss or Scizor outclassed it, I'd tell you to shove it. Then again, I'd make mention I wouldn't change Delibird :\

ANYWAYS

Scarf Moltres using Overheat: (383*140) = 53 620
Scarf Typhlosion using Eruption [100%]: (150*348) = 52 20

Ergo, Max SpAtk Moltres' Overheat is more powerful than the best result from Max SpAtk Typhlosion's Eruption. Then again, if SR's your issue:

Scarf Moltres using Overheat after SR damage: (383*140) = 53 620
Scarf Typhlosion using Eruption after SR damage: (348*112.5) = 39 150

Ergo, Moltres is better than Typhlosion so any Overheat v Eruption arguments are hereby rendered null and void.

And it's a moronic rule at that. Too general. I mean, if I made a team around Delibird and you told me that CB Togekiss or Scizor outclassed it, I'd tell you to shove it. Then again, I'd make mention I wouldn't change Delibird :\

ANYWAYS

Scarf Moltres using Overheat: (383*140) = 53 620
Scarf Typhlosion using Eruption [100%]: (150*348) = 52 20

Ergo, Max SpAtk Moltres' Overheat is more powerful than the best result from Max SpAtk Typhlosion's Eruption. Then again, if SR's your issue:

Scarf Moltres using Overheat after SR damage: (383*140) = 53 620
Scarf Typhlosion using Eruption after SR damage: (348*112.5) = 39 150

Ergo, Moltres is better than Typhlosion so any Overheat v Eruption arguments are hereby rendered null and void.

Aye, scarfed Moltres is totality walled by Bliss where as Typhosion can 2HKO bliss with FP. IMO Typhosion and Moltres are totality different pokemon.

Rhys29

Encore
Aye, scarfed Moltres is totality walled by Bliss where as Typhosion can 2HKO bliss with FP. IMO Typhosion and Moltres are totality different pokemon.

Notice the phrase 2HKO is included. A Blissey is not going to stay in after the first hit. And, would ya look at that, most teams have Fighting resist. And, seeing as just about every player of Moltres knows this and that Snorlax walls it better (don't know how you missed that...), they have something called a 'counter' to said poke. Or, you know, Blissey could just hit you, thus defeating the purpose of Focus Punch being a 2HKO. Besides, if you're going for a mixPhlosion there are better sets. In OU Typhlosion is simply outclassed as a lead. However, if you were to devise a way to effectively use the best Blaze activation user in the game outside of this, you would recieve far more praise. Such techniques as Sub/Howl (or Sunny Day)/Salac with no Rapid Spinner to get to Blaze and start sweeping redicilously fast. The fact that you'll use this team in OU and not UU is dragging you down. Just because the team looks good on paper does not mean it will work.

SuperMango

Typhlosion: Replace HP ice to HP grass (Grass> rock, ground, water= all his weaknesses!).
Empoleon: Swich roar with ice beam.
Espeon: Replace signal bean to shadow ball

Addie

(•✖•)

Uh, the standard Scarf Moltres runs U-turn, so if it's obvious the opponent has a Blissey waiting to switch in, just U-turn. Also, you're saying Moltres isn't good because of Stealth Rock, but you have a damn Rapid Spinner? Learn to play the game.

I also fail to see how this team is "standard", you're only using one OU, Empoleon, who isn't used too much in OU anyway.

You also say that you are free to pick this team apart, but you haven't acknowledged anyone's changes.

Rhys29

Encore
I just want to point this out for contradiction and lolz:
In a nut shell I really like this team. feel free to pick it apart.
... what? If you are unopen to good, effective changes, then how in God's name can we help you? I also believe someone called out 'Flamethrower' and we all responded.

BlazeBat

Blaziken Master
Man this team is awesome, in UU, still even there Moltres as everyone says is better. Th is team could easily be turned into a UU be removing Empoleon for a poke that serves a similar purpose, Blaziken is one poke that comes to mind.

Rhys29

Encore
Th is team could easily be turned into a UU be removing Empoleon for a poke that serves a similar purpose, Blaziken is one poke that comes to mind.
0____0 lolwut? How does Blaziken act as a bulky special tank and provide Water/Grass/SR support? Though I do agree: this team does need another Fire type that is completely outclassed in OU.

EDIT: Anyone else notice how bog standard/smogonized the sets are? Four have 252/252/4 for undisclosed reasons while the only two that aren't are 252/144/112 for also undisclosed reasons.

Last edited:
Man this team is awesome, in UU, still even there Moltres as everyone says is better. Th is team could easily be turned into a UU be removing Empoleon for a poke that serves a similar purpose, Blaziken is one poke that comes to mind.

why are you all laughing blaziken is easily one of the best special walls in the game, rivaling even blissy!

lol ^.^

you have two choice scarf users and in standard play you can only have one of the same item per team, called the item clause. so if you want to use this team competitivly you will have to get rid of one.

why are you all laughing blaziken is easily one of the best special walls in the game, rivaling even blissy!

lol ^.^

you have two choice scarf users and in standard play you can only have one of the same item per team, called the item clause. so if you want to use this team competitivly you will have to get rid of one.

Lol.

Standard rules does not include item clause. Smart assery: Denied