• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just Add Water! (258)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Just Add Water!

On the way to New Bark Town, Ash & Co. go to the Unofficial Coastline Gym...a Water gym led by a trainer who frequently goes to Cerulean Gym. Misty decides to battle him to defend her own honor. Can she win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

O

Ororo Munroe

This is one of my favorite episodes. Dorien is a cool Water Trainer and I like how his gym is for underwater battles. And it's cool how he's friends with all four Sensational Sisters.

M

Mistystar89

I liked tis one too. It was interesting and cool. 8.9/10

M

meggirl63

I thought that Dorien was cute! Oh, I LOVE being in the water. So, if I had to choose a Pokemon for a battle against Dorien, I'd choose Gyrados 'cause he's got a lot of dragon power. RRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

V

vanillamountain

I liked this episode a lot - the whole underwater battle thing was a novel idea. They really need to do a hoso where Misty and Dorien meet up again.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I think the guy in this episode had a pretty good idea for a gym. At least it was a little bit different from the usual gyms, and his pokemon were good battlers. It's too bad we didn't actually see the twerps spreading the word about it at the Silver Conference like they promised, but at least this episode was pretty good. I also liked the part during the boss fantasy when Meowth mentions Giovanni peeling off his robe and James asks if he's wearing swimming trunks. LOL :) It was also great to see Psyduck battle one more time before Misty left.

It's too bad we didn't actually see the twerps spreading the word about it at the Silver Conference like they promised

I thought the same thing. Oh well. It happens a lot("I promise I'll meet you again, Gary Stu! You may be exactly like every other male trainer under the sun, but I'll always remember you!").

Y'know, I do wonder if Misty feels at all disturbed that Brock hits on her own family a lot. Or if she gets anrgy when Brock goes and comments on her sisters' beauty, yet ignoring her's(not that she's beautiful, per se).

Lanturn's voice poned. No way around it. Cute, yet tough. Quite a feat.

Mantine and Qwilfish had good voices, too. Yay for my favorite Pokémon getting great voices:).

Dorien was a bit dull, I thought. His gym was cool, but he himself was just some random male who ran a gym. Needed more of a personality.

0_0 TR was pretty vicious in this episode. They easily could've killed the gang. They were also quite confident, just like last episode, and the arc before the last episode. It's a shame this trend doesn't continue all that long.

Psyduck in action is automatic yes.

The battles weren't all that exciting. And if you didn't see the water around them, you wouldn't know they were submerged, IMO.

Supersonic abuse ._.

Overall rating:
7.0 out of 10
Standard Johto filler. Showcases some cool Pokémon, but drags on the rest of the time. W00t for TR nearly succeeding and Psyduck fighting, though.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

sleepysnorlax

I'm A Magikarp
this is a very good episode. i love seeing the strong side of pysduck =). but one thing that really annoys me is that Ash wore his HAT in the water. What the Hell. anyway i wish psyduck would learn how to swim lol

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Dorien is a good trainer. He seems to be good battling underwater. At least he goes to Misty's gym back in Cerulean City.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
but one thing that really annoys me is that Ash wore his HAT in the water. What the Hell.

Only his hat? Satoshi, Kasumi and Takeshi all went in the pool with all their clothes on, shoes and all. :)

Odd that a guy running a gym where the trainers are required to go into the pool doesn't keep any spare swimsuits around.

Or, maybe he did, but the group just enjoy swimming fully clothed. They tend to do it often.

pokemon fan 132

Definitely one of the most interesting episodes in Johto.The whole concept of gym having underwater battles was unique and original.I also liked how Misty was annoyed at Dorien when he mentioned her sisters claiming how they consider her as a loser.Man she had all the right to be angry and im glad that she defended her honor.

Underwater battles were really great and it was nice seeing Ash and Misty in action.Im really glad that in this episode we finally get to see Goldeen in action which sadly wasnt showed too much during Johto and the battle between Mantine and Corsola was great too.Im glad that at the end after Dorien saw the true potential of Mistys Psyduck declared her as winner of the match,because i think she deserved it.Overall one of the better episodes for sure.

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Dorien was so cool ^^ I loved that underwater match! It was so interesting and original ^_^ Goldeen and Corsola were great!

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that Dorian's gym was really neat. I really enjoyed seeing the underwater battles. I thought the battle between Misty and Dorian was really good. I wish we could have seen the last battle between them to determine a true winner. I thought that Misty's Psyduck was amazing when it used Psychic. I think that is the first time that Psyduck has used it.