• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just an OU team

Gray™

For the last couple of days I haven't played nearly as good as I usualy do so I decided to take a few days and start working on my teams

Team At Glance
381.png
639.png
462.png
149.png
251.png
598.png

In Detail:

381.png

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Calm Mind
Calm Mind to boost its spdef and already high spatk recover to heal damage from life orb or some hit that it may take.Dragon Pulse is used over Draco Meteor because of the obvious reason I don't want to lose my boosts and Surf gives it a good coverage with Dragon Pulse its only resisted by Ferro and Empo which aren't threats to my team.

639.png

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
Even though it has Surf Latios still can't ohko Tyranitar unless it has a few Calm Minds under its belt so I needed a pokemon to deal with that.Rock Polish and Swords Dance to double its speed and atk and Close Combat and Stone Edge because of stab and also good coverage.The idea is to bring Terra on Tyranitar and get a Rock Polish/Swords Dance(depending on my opponents team) as he switches.

462.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
So I have Terrakion and it's STAB Close Combat to deal with Empoleon and Ferrothorn but Bullet Punch Scizor hurts me badly so Magnezone's gonna deal with it.Substitute just to be annoying and get the chance of killing another pokemon after Scizor (or Ferrothorn or whatever)Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon because of Stab.Hidden Power Ice over Fire because assuming Bullet Punch isn't super effective on Magnezone Thunderbolt should be enough to deal with it.

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Now if I had a nice priority move it would be very cool so Dragonite was my option.Dragon Dance alongside with the 120 base power Stab Outrage makes Dragonite a dangerous sweeper.Earthquake for Steels like Heatran and Extreemspeed because of priority.The reason why I'm using Extremespeed over Fire Punch is because well....this team doesn't need another pokemon to deal with Ferrothorn or Skarmory:/

251.png

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Recover
At this point I realized my only pokemon to deal with water pokemons was Magnezone(only later I remembered that so could Latios but o well) so I wanted to fix that.Nasty Plot doubles my attacking power,Giga Drain has a nice Stab and helps recovering Hidden Power Fire to deal with Ferro and Skar(see?I told you I didn't need Fire Punch on Dnite)and Recover to recover...obv.

598.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
K so 5 pokemons nothing to setup rocks....Alright Ferrothorn will do.Leech Seed to help recovering faster Protect to help in the process and to check if my opponent has a Fire move whatsoever.Gyro Ball because Power Whip's accuracy would be a pain given my luck.​

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
Is ferro lead?

Swagga09

drop Earthquake for fire punch On Dragonite..

And Calm Mind Latios is just outclassed by his sister Latias. She does calm mind way better.

And Magnezone wan'ts hidden power fire. That's the main reason for using him. To trap and KO steel types. Flash cannon sucks btw

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
going off of wat EG said. Normal sand teams seem pretty troublesome. almost all sand teams have scarf terrak/ landorus. With predicting scarf terrakion can actually 6-0, as latios is pursuit weak(on almost every ttar) and celebi is ohkoable wit x scizzor(also pursuit weak). that leaves dragonite to take those fighting hits, and hes weak to his other stab stone edge. and with sand, dnites multiscale wont stay in tact. tbh mag seems the most replaceable but idk :/. scarf terrak counters are luckily much easier to find then banded terrak counters. I would recommend mag --> skarmory skarmory can do what mag can in wall scizor and also handle scarf terrakions. also somewat check banded terrakions

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P

And Calm Mind Latios is just outclassed by his sister Latias. She does calm mind way better.

And Magnezone wan'ts hidden power fire. That's the main reason for using him. To trap and KO steel types. Flash cannon sucks btw

1- So Heatran can wall the set compeltly, no thanks, EQ hits alot of the tier hard anyways, and unlike fire punch, isnt weakened by rain, which is #1 used weather

2- Offensive CM Latios is offensive, he isnt using it to set up, roar pokes out into hazards, then set up and sweep

3- HP Fire is better yes, and Flash Cannon doesnt suck, it hits pokes like T-Tar and Terra for super effective damage while under the sub

Swagga09

1- So Heatran can wall the set compeltly, no thanks, EQ hits alot of the tier hard anyways, and unlike fire punch, isnt weakened by rain, which is #1 used weather

2- Offensive CM Latios is offensive, he isnt using it to set up, roar pokes out into hazards, then set up and sweep

3- HP Fire is better yes, and Flash Cannon doesnt suck, it hits pokes like T-Tar and Terra for super effective damage while under the sub

1. And then he's walled by skarm.

2. Calm Mind Latias can be used as offensive as well. When it comes to calm mind, Lattias is just better because she has the bulk to actually make use of calm mind and recover.

3.In the sand (which most likely will be up with tyranitar) flash cannon isn't going to do crap to t-tar or terrakion.

TrollFreak

2. Calm Mind Latias can be used as offensive as well. When it comes to calm mind, Lattias is just better because she has the bulk to actually make use of calm mind and recover.

3.In the sand (which most likely will be up with tyranitar) flash cannon isn't going to do crap to t-tar or terrakion.

1- and thats why zone is on the team, he can take out skarm, where as heatran would cause zone promblems thanks to bulk and fire STAB

2- Latios has better Special Attack, which is what he's using it for for Latias is usually used as a bulky attacker, but LO and better special attack makes me think he's using it as a offensive pokemon, not for a wall.

3- Meh, and what do YOU suggest he use then?

Swagga09

1- and thats why zone is on the team, he can take out skarm, where as heatran would cause zone promblems thanks to bulk and fire STAB

2- Latios has better Special Attack, which is what he's using it for for Latias is usually used as a bulky attacker, but LO and better special attack makes me think he's using it as a offensive pokemon, not for a wall.

1. He can also use Terrakion and Latios to get rid of heatran. See? :)

2. We can agree to disagree on this. Latios is better as a choice specs/hit and run sweeper imo.

3.Chargebeam

Last edited:

TrollFreak

2. We can agree to disagree on this. Latios is better as a choice specs/hit and run sweeper imo.

3.Chargebeam

1- If the opponent stays in on Latios/Terra w/ a heatran, the oppoent is retarted. W/ zone, he can trap and kill of skarm, so may as well use EQ to kill tranny. besides, skarm will roar him out, or he can go right into zone when oppo sends out skarm, using nite as zone bait.

2- Sometimes, you dont want to just kill/put holes in ****, then switch out. sometimes, it's better to use set up moves, staying in longer and causing more damage. Like Ape for example. CB is a good set to use, though sometimes SD can help to set up and destory everything.

3- Charge Beam, pray you get a Sp.Atk boost, just for your oppo to roar you out if using skarm? Heatran will just kill you off, so the T-bolt power is useful. Most steel types (except ferro) do have EQ/Volt Switch (forretress) and can switch out, go into something that can kill zone. So, i just perfer using his natural power and doing damage, rather then just using a move that MAY boost your special attack. Besides, takes 2 Charge Beams to match up to Flash Cannon's Power. But, it's gray team, w/e he wants to do

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I feel like Ferrothorn+Celebi is a little redundant. So use something like heatran > ferrothorn, it puts down rocks and can run offensive sets to check a lot of random sun sweepers which is cool!

Heatran@ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power/HP[Ice]/Dragon Pulse/whatever you want

you can also just run another attack over roar since your team really doesn't have a lot of trouble with Volc.

Gray™

Is ferro lead?
I change my lead depending on my opponents team^^
No
No it isn't
No it doesn't

umm... if tar has pursuit, there goes your latios :'(
True but about that theres nothing i can do-_-
with this terra set I can at least be at 2+ when he switches

Thank you
Thank you
Bullet Punch from Scizor can't break Magne's sub in one hit and neither can Gyro Ball/Power Whip from Ferro so the OHKO isn't an urge also Hidden Power Ice lets me hit dragons while under the sub

going off of wat EG said. Normal sand teams seem pretty troublesome. almost all sand teams have scarf terrak/ landorus. With predicting scarf terrakion can actually 6-0, as latios is pursuit weak(on almost every ttar) and celebi is ohkoable wit x scizzor(also pursuit weak). that leaves dragonite to take those fighting hits, and hes weak to his other stab stone edge. and with sand, dnites multiscale wont stay in tact. tbh mag seems the most replaceable but idk :/. scarf terrak counters are luckily much easier to find then banded terrak counters. I would recommend mag --> skarmory skarmory can do what mag can in wall scizor and also handle scarf terrakions. also somewat check banded terrakions
yeah skarmory does fit well but it takes neutral damage from ice and I needed something to resist.Plus I enjoy having an elctric attacker in my teams just in case but with pure's suggestion skar is definately an option over magne^^

MAGNEZONE AND LATIOS MEANS I DONT CARE ABOUT SKAR
NO BECAUSE THAT ONE ACTUALY SUCKS
AND CHARGE BEAM WILL???
lol silly caps
Thank you
Thank you
.....f*** you-_-

Hit and run isn't sweeping and with Calm Mind I get the sameMORE attacking power because of Life Orb and I get to use more than one move unlike the specs set
3.Chargebeam
And let skar blow me away?

1- If the opponent stays in on Latios/Terra w/ a heatran, the oppoent is retarted. W/ zone, he can trap and kill of skarm, so may as well use EQ to kill tranny. besides, skarm will roar him out, or he can go right into zone when oppo sends out skarm, using nite as zone bait.

2- Sometimes, you dont want to just kill/put holes in ****, then switch out. sometimes, it's better to use set up moves, staying in longer and causing more damage. Like Ape for example. CB is a good set to use, though sometimes SD can help to set up and destory everything.

3- Charge Beam, pray you get a Sp.Atk boost, just for your oppo to roar you out if using skarm? Heatran will just kill you off, so the T-bolt power is useful. Most steel types (except ferro) do have EQ/Volt Switch (forretress) and can switch out, go into something that can kill zone. So, i just perfer using his natural power and doing damage, rather then just using a move that MAY boost your special attack. Besides, takes 2 Charge Beams to match up to Flash Cannon's Power. But, it's gray team, w/e he wants to do
Clear enough?(chew)

I feel like Ferrothorn+Celebi is a little redundant. So use something like heatran > ferrothorn, it puts down rocks and can run offensive sets to check a lot of random sun sweepers which is cool!

Heatran@ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power/HP[Ice]/Dragon Pulse/whatever you want

you can also just run another attack over roar since your team really doesn't have a lot of trouble with Volc.
I'll change Magne for Skar and then there will be no need for Heatran to have Roar^^
lol huge post

Swagga09

1. The same could be said for skarmory and magnezone. Who would leave skarmory out against magnezone?

2.I just don't see why use Latios for that when Latias can set up better than Latios.

3.The same way you write this scenario is the same way I can write about using flash cannon to take out tyranitar (which are scarfed now a days). He;s behind a sub. Tyranitar comes in. He eqs. SUb breaks. Magnezone does flash cannon. It does diddly squat. now what?

Gray™

1. The same could be said for skarmory and magnezone. Who would leave skarmory out against magnezone?
I could call you an idiot and say magnezone's ability traps skarmory but no
instead im going to call you an idiot because i already said that im switching magne for skar

2.I just don't see why use Latios for that when Latias can set up better than Latios.
I could call you an idiot because Latios only needs one CM to deal massive damage unlike latias and thats exactly what I'll do
Idiot.Latios has a higher spatk and needs less CMs to sweep

3.The same way you write this scenario is the same way I can write about using flash cannon to take out tyranitar (which are scarfed now a days). He;s behind a sub. Tyranitar comes in. He eqs. SUb breaks. Magnezone does flash cannon. It does diddly squat. now what?
umm...and....charge beam would ohko?
my team you talk to me
and no im not nice:)
edit:i should prolly point out that i dont mean to call offend you by calling idiot(even tho...)so dont take it seriously cause i dont mean it

Last edited:

TrollFreak

1- When you send out Zone Vs. a Skarm, he cant switch out, so you wont know when zone may come in.

2- 80/80/110- Latios
80/90/130- Latias

oh yeah, BIG difference in bulk there, the reason he uses it is because of Latios 130 Sp.Atk compared to Latias 110. Better Special Attack = better offensive Calm Minder.

3- Scarf T-Tar sucks now that Tornadus is UU and Thuderurus is Uber. He was used to outspeed and KO both of them. No need now. EQ T-Tar is just as retated, it gives it no coverage that other moves will. Flash Cannon does about(insert calcs here when i get home) to 4/0 T-Tar, which is (probobly, still need the calcs) 2HKO

Lawd, EQ T-Tar trolololololol

Gray™

1- When you send out Zone Vs. a Skarm, he cant switch out, so you wont know when zone may come in.

2- 80/80/110- Latios
80/90/130- Latias

oh yeah, BIG difference in bulk there, the reason he uses it is because of Latios 130 Sp.Atk compared to Latias 110. Better Special Attack = better offensive Calm Minder.

3- Scarf T-Tar sucks now that Tornadus is UU and Thuderurus is Uber. He was used to outspeed and KO both of them. No need now. EQ T-Tar is just as retated, it gives it no coverage that other moves will. Flash Cannon does about(insert calcs here when i get home) to 4/0 T-Tar, which is (probobly, still need the calcs) 2HKO

hey what did i just say?
my team you guys talk to meD:< tho you pretty much nailed it

TrollFreak

lol, ok gray, but one more point

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Magnezone Flash Cannon vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Tyranitar: 56.14% - 66.67%
2 hits to KO

252 SpAtk Magnezone Charge Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Tyranitar: 17.54% - 21.05%
5-6 hits to KO

Swagg, you were saying something?

Swagga09

lol, ok gray, but one more point

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Magnezone Flash Cannon vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Tyranitar: 56.14% - 66.67%
2 hits to KO

252 SpAtk Magnezone Charge Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Tyranitar: 17.54% - 21.05%
5-6 hits to KO

Swagg, you were saying something?

when did I ever say use charge beam to ko tyranitar?

Once that sub is down, Zone won't even have the chance to 2hko.

That's what I was saying.

2- 80/80/110- Latios
80/90/130- Latias

1. WHat idiot would send out Skarmory knowing magnezone is still alive? Hello, team preview.

2. a 30 point increase in bulk is a big difference, just like you claim 20 base is a big difference for special attack lololololol.

3. Fine, not even EQ. superpower. And Magnezone won't even have the chance to 2hko with scarfed t-tar. Even if scarfed t-tar sucks, people still use him.

Last edited:

TrollFreak

zone outspeeds most t-tars (except crappy scarf set) so you 2hko w/ flash cannon

scarfed- he uses superpower/fire blast and breaks the sub, you use flash cannon

he can then go into celebii/latios which can then set-up since he's locked into one of the above moves

OFFENSIVE CALM MINDERS NEED AS MUCH SPEAICL ATTACK AS POSSIBLE

as gray said, one CM ruins alot, where latias need serveral to do the same. if he wereDEFENSIVE then yes, latias is better, but for offensive Calm Minders, latios outclasses due to special attack

and about skarm, if dragonite is wrecking everything, you not using skarm/ferro to stop him bcos you scared of zone. oh well, dragonite enjoys 6-0s anyways :p

i think Swagga is a little troll who thinks he knows what he is doing with RMT's.... hahahahaha

ANYWAYS!!!
+2 Venu w/ Sludge Bomb can 6-0 your team in Sun
Volc KO's 2/3s of your team
that's all i can think of atm hahahaha. Still brain dead from school