• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just had a thought...

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
In the Pokémon Advanced, if Ash wanted to start fresh, why the fudge did he start with Pikachu? That's a major flaw. Pikachu's, sadly, pretty much the most powerful Pokémon he's got.

I know this has probably been stated a million times but - WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PIKACHU ANYMORE! Pikachu's an OU. He could at least give a Machamp a try or something.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Giga Hertz said:
In the Pokémon Advanced, if Ash wanted to start fresh, why the fudge did he start with Pikachu? That's a major flaw. Pikachu's, sadly, pretty much the most powerful Pokémon he's got.

Ash said that he wanted to start fresh like he did at the start of his journey, with Pikachu as his first Pokemon. It was only Ash and Pikachu in the beginning, and it was only Ash and Pikachu when he decided to head to Hoenn.

Magus

Fog Trainer
Giga Hertz said:
Well Team Rocket did agree with you. They tried to help Ash make his fresh start by stealing Pikachu. :p

Captain Brain

Ash has also never left Pikachu alone for very long, except for that one episode in Kanto. It just goes against everything we've learned thus far.;025;

Chris

Old Coot
Giga Hertz said:

I know this has probably been stated a million times but - WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PIKACHU ANYMORE! Pikachu's an OU. He could at least give a Machamp a try or something.
Obviously Pikachu being thrashed by Yarukimono in his first Houen battle meant nothing to you. :O

G

Geki

Giga Hertz said:

I beg to differ. Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon. And, Ash will ALWAYS be with Pikachu, it's obvious by now.

Jason Park

The Steel Master
Well, obviously, he needs to have at least one Pokemon to start with... He needs a Pokemon to protect him and it's really hard to catch Pokemon without damaging them (unless it's a caterpie LOL).

Kabuto

little punks!
Pikachu is Ash's official starter so Ash has a special bond with him. And he is also part of the original 200 pokemon from R/S.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Edward Elric said:
Obviously Pikachu being thrashed by Yarukimono in his first Houen battle meant nothing to you. :O

Not to mention in the league, aside from the preliminaries and against Tyson's Metagross, Pikachu was pretty much trashed throughout the entire Hoenn tournament.

I actually like that too, Pikachu wasn't glorified in a league for once, which let Glalie, Grovyle, Corphish and Swellow take most of the spotlight.

P

pikachu_rocks19

Wouldn't that just make ash's pokemon sad and jeolous that ash left them at a old mans place? (oak)

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Pikachu. Is. Not. An. OU. Claiming it is defiles the true OUs like Tyranitar, Milotic, and Dragonite. OU is based on strength, not usage which is why the underappreciated Gardeivor is OU despite its lack of use. Moving onto the topic, Pikachu is the marketing weapon of Nintendo that they use to drain the wallets of parents who buy plushies and keychains featuring Pikachu for their kids. For that reason Pikachu will never leave Ash

Chris

Old Coot
intergalactic platypus said:
OU is based on strength, not usage
Funny, I thought OU stood for OVERUSED, meaning it would have something to do with usage. ;\

Wouldn't that just make ash's pokemon sad and jeolous that ash left them at a old mans place? (oak)
Uh, no. It's not like he's dumping them there forever. He does come back to Orchid's place to see them and he does call them time and time again for the Battle Frontier.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
A lot of people seem to be unable to grasp the concept that Pikachu and Satoshi are best friends. Pikachu isn't just a battling tool, he and Satoshi have a sort of unspoken understanding that the two shall always be inseperable. Plus, marketing has a big hand in it too - Pikachu is the biggest icon in the franchise, and there's no way in hell they'd ever write him off the show.

Again, it's a classic case of a handful of American fans who think they know better than the Japanese producers. A quick word of advice to those fans: YOU DON'T.

Californian_DJ

help Pokémon survive
Jesse GS the II said:
A lot of people seem to be unable to grasp the concept that Pikachu and Satoshi are best friends. Pikachu isn't just a battling tool, he and Satoshi have a sort of unspoken understanding that the two shall always be inseperable. Plus, marketing has a big hand in it too - Pikachu is the biggest icon in the franchise, and there's no way in hell they'd ever write him off the show.

Again, it's a classic case of a handful of American fans who think they know better than the Japanese producers. A quick word of advice to those fans: YOU DON'T.

finally, someone who gets it. would you abandon your best friend just like that. The only time Ash tried to leave Pikachu was in the first season,. and that was because he cared for Pikachu, and thought staying in that forest would be best for Pikachu. but Ash without Pikachu would just not be Ash, those two have a connection which is actuallyy kinda beautiful, they've been through a lot, and share so much, they are willing to sacrifice themselves for the other, and can almost read eachothers mind. I just think that's something people should learn to appreciate.

Pikachu is a great Pokémon in my opinion, and if you disagree, so be it. you can hnate Pikachu..you can hate all Pikachu, or just Ash' Pikachu, but it's the bond with Ash that counts, that's the reason why Pikachu and Ash should be seperated.