• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just started reading Pokemon manga and i am confused

Oh that explains it. I read manga online, so it has generation III.

Quilavaflare

Must protect baby frens
As to you, I'm on the same boat! I just finished the best of red as my first manga and now I love it so much! The battles are almost like the anime' with one different rule. I can't wait to find the yellow one! I think it may be my new favorite form of pokemon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
As to you, I'm on the same boat! I just finished the best of red as my first manga and now I love it so much! The battles are almost like the anime' with one different rule. I can't wait to find the yellow one! I think it may be my new favorite form of pokemon.

No. No. Stop. Stop right now and do not pick that book.

It's a terrible, terrible abridged version of this series and reading it will tell you nothing about how this series truly works.

Quilavaflare

Must protect baby frens
I could tell that it wasn't the entire thing, with lots of hole, but I still enjoyed what I saw. The reason I picked that one up was 'cause they didn't have the full ones... There was Diamond and Pearl Adventures, and then there was the Black and White Movie based one, which I had already read as well because I couldn't get the movie. Diamond and Pearl didn't appear to have the first book and seemed all out of place, so I went with the red one. Next time I'll have to look for the full ones, even though I probably won't ever get to read the whole series in my lifetime... I just wish they had the rest of the red series, I wanted to know how he got crabby, etc.

SlimeStack

There's a boxset for volumes 1-7 (Red&Blue and Yellow) coming out on Tuesday (Aug 7.) You can snag it online if your local stores don't sell it. I'm getting it off Amazon, can't wait!

Weedy Spyze

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it, but as the others have said look for the actual volumes. If you can't find them in your local bookstore, you should be able to find them on Amazon or even Walmart.com. Or if you don't want to order them online, I'm sure you can ask the bookstore itself to order them in for you.

Last edited:

Quilavaflare

Must protect baby frens
Well... Tomorrow I'm going to new mall I don't usually go to, even though I hate shopping, I'll see if they have it. Possibly...

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Oh that explains it. I read manga online, so it has generation III.

Unfortunately the published ENGLISH manga skipped all of Generation III and jumped straight into Generation IV. However, there are the Chinese translations and some manga reading sites do have them in English
Hey guys, I don't have a problem with you talking about the Chuang Yi translations, but remember that encouraging people to use online reading sites isn't really allowed here.

Anyway, if you're having trouble finding all the manga volumes, Amazon really is your best(and least expensive) bet. And as Weedy Spyze said, if you can't order online for whatever reason, many bookstores will order the volumes for you.

I really don't understand why people read the books. I know it is cool to read a hard copy of pokemon manga, but I searched read pokemon manga online and now I can read all chapters whenever I want, for free.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I really don't understand why people read the books. I know it is cool to read a hard copy of pokemon manga, but I searched read pokemon manga online and now I can read all chapters whenever I want, for free.

Well excuse us for wanting to support the creators, allowing them to get money and make more of the series we love so much.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Unfortunately the published ENGLISH manga skipped all of Generation III and jumped straight into Generation IV. However, there are the Chinese translations and some manga reading sites do have them in English

What do you meAn? I'm pretty sure I saw a ruby/sapphire/frlg/emerald book in the book store. Sorry I don't really get it

Weedy Spyze

What do you meAn? I'm pretty sure I saw a ruby/sapphire/frlg/emerald book in the book store. Sorry I don't really get it

If you're talking about the Viz translations of Pokemon Adventures volumes 15-29, that's impossible because Viz has never translated or published any of those volumes. If the bookstore you go to has the Chuang Yi volumes somehow, then yeah it is possible because they did translate and publish those volumes.

SlimeStack

I find manga to be more enjoyable when I read it out of a real book. I read an official digital preview of the first chapter of one once and it didn't feel right. And of course, if you actually buy the books, the people providing them will get more money and then they'll give you more manga in return.

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido

Piece of advice: Only read online when there's really no other way you can read it, otherwise you're acting as if you're not supporting the series and therefor not helping the creators in writing more of it.

You guys don't really have to get angry at me. It slipped my mind that reading the hard cover supports the manga creators. I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone here. There is no book store close to me so I can't buy it and it's really not worth it for me to buy it online because I don't read it that much, just a few times when I'm bored, so it's easier for me to just read it online. The online translations are there for a reason, for people who don't read it enough to buy it, or for people who can't buy it. So, sorry if I offended anyone.
and btw it was an honest question, like I said before, it had slipped my mind that buying it supports the creators, so I really wasn't sure why people buy it. Now that it has been clarified, although not exactly in the nicest way, my question has been answered.
@flintoff cypress: I wasn't trying to encourage people to read it online, it was a legitimate question.

Last edited:
Actually, it was not said we could not talk about it, juputoru said we can't encourage people to read online. I wasn't encouraging, it was a legit question. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the creators get money, and for a long while, I thought it was an unofficial manga. There's no need to get indignant because I just wanted answers. I can understand why you guys are upset, and I am sorry.

about what?

Orbis

What?
Not to mention the fact that when you read online, it's against the law (in the USA at least). I learned that lesson the hard way. I stopped about 2 years ago, and never done it since. It's fair use when, say, SaberPichu does the reviews, because fair use law states that it can be used in the context of reviews (and that's how the SPPf rules dictate you can use the pages). And I used to own the whole CY gen III arcs, unfortunately, I lost them when I moved.

Quilavaflare

Must protect baby frens
Yeah... that's true. Though, the books are slightly expensive, I'm pretty sure they are collectible, plus, I hate reading books on a screen. I don't know why, it's wierd.