• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just Waiting On A Friend (234)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Just Waiting On A Friend!

Heading towards the next City, Ash & Co. discover a 300 year old Ninetales who thinks Brock is it's owner. However this Ninetales has developed Psychic powers over the years. Can Ash & Co. protect it from Team Rocket and itself?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

On the website it says that this episode was only shown in Japan and the US but I live in the UK and I've seen because it was on Sky One ages ago. Mistake on the site?

Ninetalesuk

Cascade Trainer
Pokemonisgr8 said:
On the website it says that this episode was only shown in Japan and the US but I live in the UK and I've seen because it was on Sky One ages ago. Mistake on the site?

Yeah, must be a mistake. Because I saw it as well. And I like it seeing it has my most fav Pokemon in there. *Hence my name*

Course, why did 4Kids made a slip-up on Brock? When he said he raised a Ninetales before, every viewer like us would know he never, EVER evolved Vulpix... Boy, what a slip-up...

Sebok

Banned
If you want my opinion, I think this was kinda like Chikorita and Ash shipping; it's obvious Lakoko is the embodiement of a female Ninetails when you see her history, don't ya think?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
By the way--she's 200, not 300.

At least she's been waiting for 200 years, anyway.

You know, I wonder exactly what it was that her trainer died of. I know it's inconsequencial, but the fact that none of the servants ever told her that he was actually dead was rather odd. I mean, people explain it to pets, right?

...RIGHT? I can't be the only one, can I?

Lokoko is an interesting...er...'woman'. It would be interesting if they ran into her again and she'd found someone else.

You know, though, I got the distinct impression that her Poké-ball had nothing to do with why she stayed around, and that the 'force' she was talking about was her loyalty to her master.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Man, I thought this episode was good in English, but having recently seen the Japanese version, I now consider it one of my favorites. The plot is excellent - so different from all the other Jouto fillers, it just feels like it was taken right out of Kanto. The story fell into place perfectly, and the whole deal with the foggy mountains and the illusions and such was just great stuff. And I liked Lokoko too, she was really cute. XP

Last edited:

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
The episodes ending was rather confusing. Breaking a pokeball releases the Pokemon?
If so, how come Ash still has Snorlax?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
This episode was so good. I'm glad I got to see it again. I'd have to say it was my favorite filler. It was such a great story. I felt so badly for Ninetails.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really like this episode, even though things didn't turn out well for Brock. :( I like these episodes that are a bit different from normal episodes, and it was a really good ghost story. It's interesting how Brock got roped right into the whole thing like that. The funniest part of the whole episode had to be when Ash told Brock to open his eyes. ROFLOL

I also really liked the parts with Team Rocket when they kept finding the rooms full of food, then found out they were eating leaves. LOL

L

lightspeed

I love this episode, it was so interesting but the part where lokoko said she was only an illusion was confusing.

I got creeped out a little when they found out the truth, but it was still interesting, and very cool, but it still runs a chill down my back whenever I think about it for some reason

Adam_stm

If you can't find it online somehow, you can buy a dvd of the master quest episodes.
It might also come on TV sometime.

Nine

I liked the part where they tell you about 'n ninetales's life and it was a bit different. You can always bargain on TR to have a good laugh! Great epi. The mystery and lekoko was a good touch.;038;

pokemon fan 132

This episode was great,not just because it was different from others bringing ghost tematic but also because it brings certain dose of emotions and with quality describes sad story about Ninetales waiting for his master for over 200 years.I felt really sorry for him.

This episode was certainly oustanding from others and it felt like one of those Kanto fillers.I also liked how Misty and Ash reacted when they find out that Lakoko isnt a real person but illusion created by 200 year old Ninetales.

Battra

Excellent episode I love how it plays on the mysticism surrounding foxes in Japan. It's definitely one of the excellent filler episodes the writers went all out with this one, it's very emotional and very saddening that Ninetales was waiting around 200 years to be released freed from it's Pokeball. I'm sure Ninetales left to find out what happened to it's master once it was freed.

HoennMaster

I don't know why the hell I thought this, but for reason I thought people didn't like this episode. Anyway, I personally love this episode. One of Johto's best fillers.