• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Just watched Diamond and Pearl

scissorX

Yeah I thought that too Korobooshi, the sort of crazed wail thing.

I just caught the English episodes, the voices are pretty good I reckon. Dawn sounds like a ten year old girl, Paul sounds really cocky, Rowan sounds like a grumpy old man and all the Pokémon sound pretty neat too. I especially liked Turtwigs voice, it just sounded like a really docile little critter.

montblancerk

Junior Ninja
while everyone else is bashing prof. rowan's voice, I loved it. What better to top off his "i'm a artic cold walrus, and I'll own you" attitude the giving the look and sound of a real walrus(mustache+mumbling voice).
Otherwise, here are my ups and downs.
Ups:
While annoying at first, Dawn's voice seemed fitting
Old voices became much better
Paul=New Gary=Awesome
Once again, Prof. Owning Walrus is teh pownzors
Pokemon voices were decent
Downs: After 3 generations, the starting trainer 10 year old thing is getting super annoying.
Dawn's mom's voice gave my a headache. :(
Ash returns(the ultimate downer of the pokemon series, he'll never be replaced. *equips flame shield*. *sighs* I'm ready)
They didn't put a live stream of a walrus in the place of Prof. Rowan(they got close though, maybe next season.)

TheHolyShoe

I just watched them on Youtube myself, and I have to say that it's really pretty good. The OP and ED are my only really big dislike of this particular dub. I've never been a big fan of rap-esque songs for dubs, which is what these sorta sound like, so that's that.

Voices. Hmm. The new dub voices for the old characters are interesting. I wouldn't really call them bad so much as different. Ash's voice sounds older now, though it's definitely got a smokey, almost feminine feel to it - given that his VA is female, that's not really unexpected. The one that I'm really torn on is Jame's. I'm still not used to it and the sudden change of the character, though it matches Kojiro's much more closely, so it's sorta odd. Once I see more of BF, that'll probably help.

Though, I think it's pretty obvious that PUSA can do fairly good voices. Rowan, Paul, and Dawn all had really great voices. I didn't really like Piplup's voice though. It's too meek and cute sounding. His character has a lot of spunk to it, so the voice should be a bit more lively and energetic.

I have to agree with whoever said that the new motto for TR is better than the old one.

mewmew202

The voices were ok. Dawn sounded a bit younger then she should and I also think she sounds like Kari from Digimon as well as some other people. The plot was a bit rushed though and Paul sounds to grown up.

Blazios

Just watched first bit of Episode 3. I love the end of one quote from James about their new machine.

James: Get a load of our new Super Sinnoh Slinger Mark 1A! Not only able to withstand and deflect any attack you can fling our way but being solar powered it fights global warming and makes us lunch!

Brendan's_Swampert09

Just watched first bit of Episode 3. I love the end of one quote from James about their new machine.

James: Get a load of our new Super Sinnoh Slinger Mark 1A! Not only able to withstand and deflect any attack you can fling our way but being solar powered it fights global warming and makes us lunch!

That was funny. He is just trying to help preserve the earth one step at a time.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I liked dawns and chimchars voices

"chimchar" :)

dman_dustin

I agree. I fpikachu can defeat pokemon brains and gym leaders, yet can't beat a little kid's elekid, they're still making the same mistake. Sometimes pikachu is mega powerful, yet when he goes against another pokemon from just a trainer, he's defeated? Doesn't seem right to me.

Diamond pearl show might need some work on the opening too...

Think of it this way...You can have the strongest pokemon but if you don't know how to use its power than it won't beat a lot of other pokemon

Blazios

Think of it this way...You can have the strongest pokemon but if you don't know how to use its power than it won't beat a lot of other pokemon

But Pikachu beat Regice. It has beat a lot of other Pokémon so why did it lose and do worse against Elekid than Electivire?

TogeticTheRuler

Cheater volt absorb ability T.T
Its an okay dub, but I didn`t like that they took out a lot of "happy" background music.

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Dawn, like May, looks way older then she really is.

Also, a lot of stuff stayed the same...Pikachu is in trouble, a bike gets fried, a rare pokemon is witnessed, etc.

This is another season of Pokemon. That's really all there is to say. Unlike the games, the anime series doesn't give us a lot of new content to play with. The best it can do is keep Ash out of the picture...if only for a short time.
If more of the same is what you want then congratulations, you found it. If not, shut up and watch it anyway. That's what the rest of us are doing.

Anywho, I liked how it got started. We have a new young trainer who is the spitting image of Ash from the first season. Only she's a girl. Which means, say it with me, she really just wants to be a coordinator. I liked that she had to kinda earn her starter pokemon though. Fighting off a forest of Ariados isn't something that young girls do all the time.
Once Ash got into the picture things went right back to normal though. It was kinda cool that he got into a serious battle with his new rival right away, but at the same time he quickly turned into a novice to compensate. How many badges does Ash have again? Not enough to know that an electric attack won't damage an electric type pokemon very much, apparently. At this point, Ash should be able to pwn noobs left and right. But he's right back to where he was in the first season when he battled AJ.
Team Rocket is still Team Rocket. James found a new plant pokemon to attack himself and he remembered someone from the first season (that was the biggest shock I got out of these pilot D/P episodes). They also have a new motto, which I applaud them for trying to come up with, but it lacks rhythm and isn't exactly memorable. Then again, they'll probably have 300+ episodes to drill it into our very souls.

So, it's a mix. Personally, I thought the Advanced series had better pilot episodes. But these aren't bad either. They just don't really do much out of the ordinary.

scizor08

Back here. >.<
The starter's voices are great and cute too.. paul's voice is like a teenager...

daveshan

My little friend
It didn't do worse against Elekid. It lost miserably to Electivire and only barely lost to Elekid.

But I guess the Electabuzz line is just too powerful for Pikachu. >_>

But his electric attacks can hurt ground types. Are you telling me that a pokemon who can defy natural laws, defeat legendary pokemon, and even go toe-to-toe with pokemon trained by members of the Elite Four can't win against an elekid?

Best to not try to make sense of it. The show has f'd up more times than I can count. I remember Jesse's seviper's poison tail hurting Brock's forretress (sp). What I did want to see is a new Team Rocket. Jesse, James, and Meowth are pathetic and easily defeated so what's the point in saying you are good cause you beat them?

Kill them off and get someone new to hunt down Ash because...*spends time thinking of a reason* I got it! Because Mewtwo is friends with Ash and Giovanni could somehow find a video recording of events in the second Mewtwo movie that Mewtwo didn't erase. So now Team Rocket is hunting down Ash so they can lure out Mewtwo.

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
I hated the opening theme. I cringed the entire time. I do like Paul, though I can't believe they named him that. There has to be a better name than that. Still, his personality is great. Finally, a rival for Ash who isn't annoyingly smug, just evilly smug. I don't like Hikari's English name either, though I can understand why they named her that, since it's somewhat relevant to her Japanese name's meaning. Ash's VA does seem to be getting better. I knew all they needed was practice.

Contrary to what most of you said, I like Rowan. He's not all happy and friendly like the other professors. Not that there's anything wrong with happy and friendly, it's just nice to have a change for once. He seems like the kind with a gruff exterior that's hard to get close to at first, but nice once you get to know him.

Last edited: