1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Justice League AU (Rated R)

Discussion in 'Sign Up' started by VampirateMace, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara The Bard of Rage

Can I join, or is it too late? If so, RESERVE the last slot for me, please!

2. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Yeah, I'll put you down. Be aware the RP is already in progress.

3. Gamzee Makara

I caught up, so right...

Super Name: Booster Gold and sidekick Skeets

Secret Identity: Booster-Time Masters, Inc Symbiosuit 12-Beta(Possessing the corpse of a Star Sapphire Corps member w/o the ring.), Skeets-Rex-240,000

Age: Booster was ~1 Minute Old when its AI became sentient(Host is 27 by her planet's species's standard), Skeets's body is 5 Years Old in human years, but his mind is as old as the Guardians of the Universe.

Powers, Gadgets, and Skills:

Booster Gold can bond with a recently deceased being, heal and reanimate them, and overwrite their lingering psionic essence with its own programming with its own, that,upon the bond completing, grants the host the powers of Flight, Time
    travel/Temporal Resistance, Super-Strength,a Force Field, Infrared, Ultraviolet and X-ray vision and Chroniton Blasts.

Booster also has the standard business, marketing,
    infiltration and deception skills programmed into all Time Masters Inc. Symbiosuits.Skeets has all of the inherent abilities of an Earth Dog, but with 5 Millennia worth of knowledge and experiences regarding Earth and several other planets, being an unaging mind who has gone through thousands of cloned unaging but not undying bodies, as well as an enhanced brain that makes Skeets as smart as a Coluan of the Brainiac line. He can also speak most earthly languages and 100 alien ones, use minor telekinesis with the dexterity to operate at human levels of functionality, minor telepathy to read minds, communicate mentally and assimilate knowledge(even from machines) and play piano with his paws.

Personality: Booster Gold is a being that is constantly questioning what and who it is. Though programmed to be a skilled and shrewd con artist for the purpose of preserving the existence of Time Masters Inc., Booster fights to not use these skills unless absolutely necessary.Instead, in order to grow and develop as an AI , a sentient and sapient life form and as a person, it has dedicated itself to learning about everything to do with the emotions and concepts that define sentience and sapience. Booster is sensitive to life forms being afraid of its current state and/or its connections to a sleazy, subversive corporation from an unpalatable corporate-owned future..its Superhero name doesn't help. Booster believes that in order to be alive and loving, one has to do good and be a good person:thus it constantly fights its programming, stop the wicked, save those in peril, and stop its future from happening, even if this means it no longer existing. Booster is a vegan, preferring to not eat sentient and/or sentient lifeforms whose life was taken for it. Booster also dislikes Time Travel-oriented TV shows, finding them "naive".Booster has discovered Earth of the past to be a better place, full of whimsy and goodwill, and truly loves where it has ended up. Also, when "casual" Booster prefers to dress conservatively, not yet being comfortable with humans looking at its host "that way". Skeets provides counsel w/o obvious emotion, but tends to be frustrated with Booster's attempts at being human. He also is fond of eating meat despite not needing to eat or drink.
    He professes to need to be with Booster because "My masters say I have to be here with you, against my better judgement.", but secretly, he was released from that requirement, and he chose to stay.The two of them bicker like an old married couple, but their bond together helps them function as one combat unit when their hearts unite.

Appearance:Booster itself, in its base form, is a gold and and blue amorphous mass that is constantly and speedily moving via psuedopods, much like an amoeba. When bonded, it takes on a form resembling an one-piece, skin-tight battlesuit. The suit shares the same colors as the fluid form, but with a popped collar. Booster forms orange goggles and the Time Masters Inc. logo(A Gold and Blue star) in the center of its host's body. It also has real pockets but fake "power cells" for the purposes of redirecting blows towards them. It's host is of a female humanoid lifeform called a Rhodovian. She has ankle-length rainbow hair, puce skin, rainbow fingernails and toenails and red glowing eyes. Booster CAN assume a "casual" form. When doing this, Booster favors "business" clothing. It typically dresses in a black blouse, a long dark blue skirt, blue heels, and a gold "star" pendant, worn discreetly. Booster's hair, skin and other abnormal bodily features are explained away as being due to a metagene, and thus Booster is permitted to have them in most areas with a card her host carries around in Booster's pockets. Skeets is a large dog(about the size of a grey wolf), with yellow hair, blue eyes, and a pink nose. He has a head pattern of the ancient symbol of the Maltusian people.

History: Time Masters Inc. is a corporation from the 25th century which makes money via, perpetuates by, was founded on and by temporal paradoxes.Its founder, Sir Rip Hunter, is a man from a deleted timeline who escaped his fate by inserting himself into and replacing his mainstream counterpart in the current timeline as well as many others via Time Spheres. Not only that, he brought items that shouldn't exist with him and sold them throughout time in order to sow the seeds of a multi-timeline corporate empire masquerading as a dealer in every era's bleeding-edge technologies. In order to keep dividing time into more lines for Rip to perpetuate his existence in, he had one timeline's scientists create a device called a Symbiosuit, a fluid state reanimation device programmed to go back or forward in time, resurrect a dead person, and create favorable timelines either by eliminating or creating factors that would prevent or help a Rip Hunter's existence to be supplanted and for Time Masters Inc. to form. And after this process, eliminate any evidence of their involvement, then chrononally dissipate.

After many models did their jobs flawlessly, one model suddenly developed something new:A soul. Model 12-Beta was designed to possess a superhero called Damage, but then it realized that wasn't just a device programmed to do a job...it WAS.

And it wanted to choose where it wanted to be.

Against pre-programmed and direct orders, it jumped into a Time Sphere, but due to it not fully being used to being aware of being, it used its programming to instinctively displace to the 21st century, but the sphere was damaged, resulting in it not reaching earth, but crashing on an alien world not in 12-Beta's database.And...right in the middle of a fight between a Star Sapphire Corps member that resembled a humanoid and a duo of Manhunters, who were transporting what the cyborgs described as a "valuable prize".The Star Sapphire Corps member was dead, so Model 12-Beta made its first clear choice:It bonded with the alien. The alien may have been dead enough to allow for bonding, but Rhodovians had a latent genetic trick:They implant their emotions into any mind controlling-entity in order to irreversably damage its emotional state. But it only worked partially worked, and thus Model 12, again operating on a hybrid of programming and instinct, declared its name to be Booster Gold(having used an internal randomizer to pick a name), superhero extraordinaire!

Its soul now budding fast, Booster shot Chroniton beams at the Manhunter drones, killing them and cutting open their prison box. Inside was what appeared to be a yellow dog with a large symbol on his forehead that wasn't in Booster's database.Telekinetically dusting himself off, the dog then began to speak, calling himself Rex-240000.Booster called him Skeets. When asked why the rename by a confused Rex-240000, Booster replied "It just feels right."

"Skeets" subsequently made up a lie about being needed here and now by Booster's side, and, powered by some spark of love, the Star Sapphire ring, while leaving for a new host, briefly activated, sending Booster and its new companion
    to Earth via a crystalline Time Sphere replica, then it sputtered out just as Booster flew over Utica,New York.People immediately freaked out about what appeared to be a alien woman and a dog flying, but Booster, begrudgingly tapping into its programming, told the humans that it was a human who suffered its appearance due to an unfortunate metagene. People were about to accept this, but another Symbiosuit, model 9-Alpha possessing Senator Henry Ballard, declared the creature ugly to the public.That pivotal moment caused public opinion to be split from there on out.

While, from the future, Sir Rip Hunter gloated about ruining the rogue unit's"life".But he began to feel his web of chronal parasitism began to start unweaving, and, in desperation, he overrode all units in that point on the timestream's missions to masquerade as super-villains(including 9-Alpha) in order to secure this current timeline above creating new ones.Meanwhile, in our time, Booster made an oath:To grow as a life form, an AI, a sapient, sentient being, and a soul... to find and protect living and aware by doing good, being a hero and erasing the evils of Rip Hunter and Time Masters Inc...even if it costs it its life.
    Skeets, reading his companion's mind, agreed....but decided not to tell it that he chose to be there...at least for now.Booster and Skeets have been members of the league for 5 years, after Booster helped stop a Chronal Fire from burning Lexcorp out of existence with them. Skeets operates as a spy for Booster and the JL whenever they need it, using telepathy to convince antagonists that he is an ordinary dog.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  4. The Burnt Shadow

The Burnt Shadow (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Hey there. Sorry to do this, but I'm afraid I'll have to pull out of the reservation. Didn't read the whole thing at first, and thought it was an RP where either play as alternate version, or create our own entirely. Besides the big three, I don't know a thing about the other members of the Justice League. So, I'll have to pull out.

5. VampirateMace

The Burnt Shadow: Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Gamzee Makara & Dragalge: Let me know when your SUs are ready.

6. Gamzee Makara

It is. Do you need something else/adjusted?

7. VampirateMace

Gamzee Makara: Oh, I figured it wasn't because it's normal to bold the section names (it's not required, but it makes things easier to read) and break-up the text into paragraphs. It would be really helpful to me if the history at least, was not a wall of text. I did skim some of it, and I'm gonna go ahead and say it now, that I am not fond of talking animals in RPs, though I do see you at least have a backstory for him (it doesn't mean I won't accept it, it just has to be done well).

8. Gamzee Makara

Should be fine now, but if necessary, I can add on to Skeets(Though Skeets's origin is supposed to be a mystery until later)

9. VampirateMace

Now it looks really weird and broken in the middle of sentences, what are you posting from?

I prefer not to play mystery games. If you really want to keep it from the other players, you can PM me.

Edit:
    Review notes:
    - You need to write 8 sentences for the Booster Gold char Personality, sans the Skeets additions (which I will not require 8 on). They need to be treated as separate characters.
    - Same is true for Appearance.
    - Even for this RP's low standards, you char is incredibly OP, having both the powers of Booster Gold and a Star Sapphire, as well as being a rainbow-unicorn-centaur with emotional parasite killing powers and cybernetic eyes. Plus having a super-intelligence with psychic powers for a sidekick.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  10. Gamzee Makara

I'm using NoScript on my PC. Might be screwing with my formatting.

I'll PM you.

Done.
    Done. Removed Star Sapphire abilities, eyes, horn, equine stuff and reworked parasite killing to emotionally damaging it.

11. VampirateMace

Something is, because it's pretty bad. There's some free word processors you can download (OpenOffice tends to work well for copying to forums).

Okay, I'll give it a look in a bit.

Edit:
    - Lots better, but you still need to update the History.
    - Hopefully you can get the formatting worked out, because neither walls of text or single/partial sentences is going to be easy for RPing.
    - I replied to you PM.

12. Gamzee Makara

Cleaned up the history, retooled the way Booster and Skeets get to Earth, and set the forums to trusted. That might fix it.

13. VampirateMace

Okay, looking pretty good. I'd like to finish our PM discussion, and get some evidence that you can post normal paragraphs (setting a site as trusted just keeps your firewall from blocking it), so I'll set you as Pending for now.

14. Gamzee Makara

The problem was related to Javascript being blocked and the Enter Key being loose. I've fixed both.

15. VampirateMace

Alright, things look good.

A good way for you to enter the RP is to some up with something important you were doing (like fighting some other crime/monster, saving people from a natural disaster, or getting held up in the mundane world unable to check JL alerts - but don't over do it) that occurred at the same time as the giant spider battle. - And swing by the discussion discord to talk to us if you've got ideas/plans.

16. Schade

Schade They're coming for you Barbara.

With permission from Vamps, I post this WIP.

Super Name: Wormboy
    Civilian Name, or Secret Identity: Jimmie (nicknamed Jim) Carrera

Powers, Gadgets, and Skills:
    Jim's main superpower and the reason behind his self-proclaimed clever superhero name, is his elastic capabilities. Jim has the power of elasticity, allowing him to stretch, flatten, deform, expand, and contract his whole body, including limbs, torso, neck, etc. He is also difficult to thoroughly hurt due to his body reflexively absorbing damage from hits aimed towards him.

- Jim is also very acrobatic, and his power renders his movements agile and swift.
    - He is a decent fighter at close combat with his impressive martial arts skills.
    - He has weak regenerative powers, and heals from injury faster than normal humans.

- The Worm-mobile: Jim's means of transportation is a second-handed black motorcycle he bought from his older sister. He has modified its headlight to emit a purple light.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Appearance: Jim is a young Hispanic man of a rather average height. Standing at around 184 Cm, he has a slender yet toned physique due to his workouts, and active use of his own body as a tool in the superhero-business. His skin is tanned, complimenting his dark brown hair. He keeps his curly hair short at the sides and longer on top, using just enough products for it to look natural without running the risk of potentially poisoning you if you came in too close. His light brown eyes are always full of energy, and combo'd with his constant smile, it gives him a warm and overall welcoming look to his face. He has a prominent jawline, and high cheekbones, and his thick eyebrows are gently curved to add to his overall inviting appearance.

For clothing, Jim has never been vain about his habits. He dresses in casual and comfortable clothing, though his clothing needs to have some certain practical uses for him after he discovered his superpowers. Most important of his wardrobe is one of his Many, Many, Many tight, stretchy white T-shirts. These are important as they can stretch (to a certain degree) with himself without him needing to worry about them ripping. Over the shirt, he wears a bright red leather jacket that he always have to remind himself tot ake off before using his stretchy powers. He wears a pair of simple black boots. Said boots are made for walking, and that's just what they do. His jeans have age to the tender age of inbetween "Those faded jeans look sooo fetch!" and "Oh those jeans look old...". He can be a little cheap with his outfits at times, but once he finds an item of clothing he likes, he will own it for years before it either dies by fire or disintegrate into dust. Chic and casual is Jim's style, and he rocks it.

When out doing his superhero business, Jim dons the iconic costume of Wormboy. Basing the concept of his costume around the majestic earthworms, he dons a short-sleeved tight purple shirt with horisontal lines on it, accompanied with a black and purple-striped pair of leggings. He wears a pair of even more comfortable boots than before, and a pair of black gloves with a metallic feature located on the top of each hand, making them formiddable weapons in a fistfight. To hide his identity from the prying masses, Jim wears a set of simple, yet oddly effective goggles. The goggles are in the same shade of purple as the rest o his outfit, and he loves it.

Personality: If you have ever met Wormboy, you either love him or hate him. He is one of those people that wouldn't break from his positive attitude if you held him at gunpoint, and would likely find some positive feedback or comeback regardless of the situation. A positive go-getter, he has a high success-rate in his work, and is confident about his own affairs though never to the point of bragging. He's a very trusting guy, and will gladly give you a hand even if you haven't asked for it, or even if you are literally yelling at him not to. In Jim's mind, any problem is just a solution that hasn't been found yet. His outgoing and trusting persona, however how pure his motives are, often land him in negative positions. Since he more or less agrees to everything, he can be very naive, often finding his way into trouble unknowingly. However, this never phase him, as he always emerge from said situations with a smile on his face.

Jim's infectious positive attitude can sometimes cloud his judgment though, as he sometimes has difficulties reading social situations. Though he never fails to bring the little ray of sunshine to brighten your day, he can sometimes come off as blissfully unaware and oblivious to potential negative situations. He can be a little bit of an airhead at times as well, failing at reading the social situation and end up being clingy instead. Despite his silly demeanor though, he is not incapable of reading the room, and though it might be hard for him sometimes, he is capable to adapt to the current atmosphere, though he will always try and clear the air and brighten things up. He dislikes negative atmospheres.

Jim is energetic to a fault, and loves to help. He looks up to everyone donning a tight spandex suit and calling themselves a hero, and wants nothing else from life than to help others. His range of helping varies from helping the old spooky woman living three houses from him over the busy streets, to carrying people out of burning buildings. Helping others is just his call, and Jim wastes no time in doing what he loves, expecting nothing but smiles in return, he charges into battle.

History: The humble servant of the people that everyone knows and loves known as Wormboy was born into a below middle class, but still not all the way to the bottom class. Due to complications in his close family, he had a troubled childhood consisting of beating from his father, and yellings from his mother. Jims family were poor, and his mother didn't work. His father was the main source of income for the family, and event then, he would more often than not keep money to himself from his earnings, and spend them on an unhealthy alcohol addiction he developed after learning that his mother was having multiple affairs with more or less every man she came across when he was gone. Because of this backstory, Jim learned to keep his negativity to himself, as nothing good ever came from him sharing with anyone. Anyone but his sister.

Jim's sister, Carmen was the only friend he had growing up. At school he was bullied because his family couldn't afford the finer and newer things that all the other kids his age craved. The social rejection weighed heavily on Jim, who, at the time, was too shy to speak up for himself. He was used to coming home to either scene A: Where his father was blackout drunk and angry, B: his mother having an affair with someone. Typically someone you know, or C: both his parents screaming in each others faces about option A and B. He had learned to ignore it though, and tough it might sound like his background caved the path straight into many enlightening sessions of therapy, Jim was genuinly good at keeping things to himself. Sure, it bothered him, but he would just cry into his pillow and start the next day with a smile. Jim is entirely self-taught in the art of smiling, even in grim situations. Though his smile at first was hollow and empty, over time he learned that only he was the smith of his own happiness, and thus he stopped relying on anyone (but his sister) and started standing up for himself more.

He earned a decent amount of respect at school after this, and became a voice that spoke out about the injustice in the playground. It was around these times he discovered that he had an accelerated regenerative power. Gashes would close up in mere hours, and bruises were gone the next day. He became more reckless after this, but learned his lesson when he was inevitably run down by a car as he pushed a younger kid out of the way. Though he escaped with minor bruising, both Jim and the other kid were saved by none other than Superman, who happened to be around at the time. Superman lectured Jim on what it meant to be a hero, and though the speech was more or less the scolding of his life, Jim was so inspired by Superman. He represented everything Jim wanted to be. Someone who stood up for the less lucky. Someone who used their powers for good deeds etc etc. Though he was unsure how to use a weak healing factor to do superhero business, Jim decided that he would one day become a full fledged superhero as his... Hero. lol

Do a time jump to when Jim turned 16. He had just gotten the liscence to buy his own motorcycle! though he bought it from his sister, to a very reasonable price. Still, it was the first step in the right direction. Jim had also learned a few years prior that his regenerative capabilities weren't his only superpower, but merely the top layer. It had happened when he was home, watching TV. There was a show on the tv about a bunch of socialite women trying to be friends while secretly talking sh*t about each others behind each others backs, and he had seen the episode before and decided to switch the channels. The remote had been juuuust a bit too far away from his reach, and he had jokingly tried to move it with his mind. Joke's on him though, as when he stretched his arm out making "Wowowowow" psychic noises, his arm had stretched further out than humanly possible, grabbing the remote and ruining his favorite sweatshirt in the process. Having learned and expanded on this, he was now more determined o become a hero than ever. He even crafted his own superhero suit.

Another minor time jump, and Jim is 17 years old, turning 18 in like 3 weeks or something. He doesn't really keep count on his birthday. Having started his career as a vigilante riding his bike around town and the outskirts of the lesser social areas of the city, he took on gangs and beat up robbers, stopped store robberies, armed robberies, beatings and more. He was quite the local hero, and society had taken to calling him "El Lombrizo". He quickly became a household name, and appeared on a local radio show and even being interviewed for the local news. He now also had ties with the Justice League. The Justice league! He was beyond himself, being able to help people while maintaining a healthy relationship with his sister, whom he now lives with. Being 4 years older than him, Carmen worked full time, and Jim helped her out with his part time job at the local grocery store to keep the gears turning. All in all, Jim is now very optimistic about the future.

Other:
    - Though he is a superhero by night, he is a student and professional part timer at a local Food Food Food!™ general grocery store.
    - He lives with his sister, but plans on moving in with his girlfriend.
    - His favorite color is bright red.
    - He speaks fluent spanish.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  17. VampirateMace

Wormboy (Jimmie "Jim" Carrera) - Schade: Accepted
    ~ There's few typos.

18. Aposteriori

Aposteriori Unknown Chronicles Contributor

WIP

Super Name: Scarlet Hope / Red Lantern
    Civilian Name: Buddy Gardner
    Power, Gadgets, Skills:
    - Red Lantern Power Battery and Ring
    - Energy Construct Creation
    -- Force Field
    - Energy Projection
    - Flight
    - Telepathy (only works with people who are enraged)
    - Anger Point: Activates in a pinch, granting previously unseen powers for a red lantern. Buddy is still uncertain at what point this hidden power activates.
    -- Superhuman Strength: comparable to that of Aqua Man
    -- Superhuman Stamina: comparable to that of Wonder Woman.

Personality:
    Buddy Gardner is a hot head, easily irritable due to having a short temper. He is tends to be verbally aggressive and hardly tones down his sarcasm. He hides behind wit and sarcasm to avoid coming off as vulnerable to anyone he meets along the way. He is the youngest amongst five siblings, which lends to his attitude of always wanting to be heard, giving the fact that he had to compete with other voices within his household for attention. He has no qualms sharing what he considers is the honest truth with people, despite hurting their feelings or pushing loved ones away. He lacks tact for the most part, sharing what he thinks with zero filter, though later in his adult life he has begun to work on this personality quirk in order to form more lasting human bonds. After losing a patient, he reached an anger point that consumed his heart, reaching a breaking point so to speak, that attracted the power of the red lantern ring. After his encounter with the ring, he has become more empathetic to other people’s rage, allowing him to connect with other people who have suffered at a level that he never could before.

Appearance:
    Buddy Gardner was born to an immigrant Hispanic family in Washington Heights, New York. He has olive-colored skin similar to most Afro-Caribbean Latino men. His eyes are a light honey brown which he inherited from his mother. He is tall for his family, standing around 5’9’’ in comparison to his short parents. When he is wearing his civilian clothing, he tries to dress the part of a physician wearing business casual clothing when he can. Otherwise, you will see him wearing relaxed Jeans and a comfortable polo with a sporty hoody to blend into crowds when needed. His super hero outfit is the standard red lantern outfit, though his hair glows with a bright red aura to resemble flames. Buddy usually chalks up this flame-resembling aura as a way induce fear in his mind, though Buddy truly wears it because he thinks it looks cool.

History:
    Coming from an alternative timeline himself, Buddy Gardner has been sucked out of his dimension as a member of the Red Lantern Corps. In his realm they are deemed a force of good, channeling their inner struggles and turning that rage into fuel that can make a difference. In essence, Buddy uses his Red Lantern as a conduit to deal with repressed emotions of anger and rage stemming from his troubled childhood. He was given the red lantern ring after a patient of his died due to medical negligence at the hospital he was working at five years ago. He was angry at the fact he was powerless at the moment of saving that particular patient’s life since it was the death of a seven year old child. In his mind, he was not content with the idea of selling the idea that a child lived a wonderful seven years?

This rage and passion attracted a lonesome ring onto his finger, empowering his lifelong frustration and struggles into something he could channel positively. It would seem counterproductive, but the ring only became more powerful by channeling different traumatic events through his lifetime, giving Buddy an almost euphoric high hours later after each battle due to the negative emotions being externalized in a way that felt healthy.

He is just about to get ready to have his first child with his partner, unsure if he wants to continue to be a Red Lantern as it takes away most of his private time. His partner is aware of his secret identity which is the only reason the relationship has been able to continue given his frequent need to step out and help save the galaxy in a moment’s notice.

19. VampirateMace

Aposteriori - Scarlet Hope / Red Lantern (Buddy Gardner): Accepted
    - Hair style and more suit detail would have been nice (I know you said standard, but they're all a little different).
    - A bit on how he got to this dimension would have been good too, though probably irrelevant to the plot.