• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Justice League: Martial Law (A DC Comics RP, Rated M)

DVB

Philosopher Knight
It is the year 2020 and the world is divided into several factions by the fallen gods. Before, all was peaceful and calm. While there were tyrannical maniacs and fiends wielding magic, superpowers or all sorts of nightmarish powers, but they were kept in check by heroes, champions and do-gooders of all sorts. However, everything changed in the year 2012. From the Bermuda Triangle, a crystal pyramid rose from the sea and unleashed a horrible force not seen ever before. Some say it was a sea of nanobots, some say an alien god, others a being of energy.

They all called it, The Calamity.

People began dying. By the millions. And their despair empowered this force before it drove the worlds' greatest heroes to madness, resulting in an all-out Civil War. It took herculean effort for this evil to be destroyed. However, many of the heroes were left dead or scarred by the incident. The scars burned deep in the soul and the result was terrible. Unable to watch their beloved world be burned again, the remaining heroes took over the worlds.

Around the world now, many of the former heroes now rule over sanctioned areas of the word with a sharp eye and an iron fist. Many places remained untouched, living in fear of these fallen heroes. The Justice League has now became The Sentinel Syndicate. The world is eithered in alliance with these cities, hidden away in isolation or under the rule of lesser villains. However, there is hope.

There is always hope.

One of the oldest and enigmatic heroes, The Phantom Stranger has been lurking with the shadows. Having a grand knowledge of how many of these heroes have gotten their powers, he offers the next generation to defeat their fallen predecessors and create a new tomorrow. This new Justice League must face the fallen heroes, the surviving villains and the threat of the Calamity returning.

Six months after you have recieved your power and trained, you have been beckoned to make your way to New York City, where you will be taken to a safe place to meet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sentinel Syndicate

- The Last Son of Krypton (Superman): The co-ruler of the Justice League, he watches over the Earth from the Stronghold of Solitutde in Antartica. He watches over many things and quickly comes over to dispell any major events. He has grown powerful from his exposure from yellow sun radiation. Can rarely be seen tilling the fallout remains of Kansas or mourning the loss of his everything in the remains of Smallville. He is married to The Amazon Queen.

- The Dark Knight (Batman): The other ruler of the Justice League, even the Batman succumbed to the madness and despair. He slaughtered all but a few foes and those that survived fled never to commit crime again. He ended up taking over the League of Shadows and married Talia after killing Ra's in a duel. When he fell, so did most of his sidekicks after the deaths of Nightwing and Alfred. While Superman reigns by day, he rules by night.

- The Amazon Queen (Wonder Woman): Queen of the Amazons and ruler of Europe, she decided that force must be needed after the loss of many good people. Her compassion buried, she proceeded to kill the Greek Gods with the help of her compartiots before she settled as Queen of Europe with the Amazon Island as the capital and serves as the magical expert of the Sentinel Syndicate. She is married to The Last Son of Krypton and most serve to help retain what little humanity they have left.

- The Winged Pharoah (Hawkman): Pharoah of Africa, Hawkman and Hawkwoman regained the memories of their past lives as rulers of ancient Eygpt and using their knowledge of technology and Nth metal, they conquered Egypt and then the rest of Africa. He is currently researching the origins of the Calamity.

- Fernus (Martian Manhunter): Released from the mental block of fire, he transformed back into the monsterous Fernus. Unlike last time though, the aggression of the alternate persona was tempeted when J'onn was assimilated by it as well as the terror of the calamity. It has taken refuge in South America, where the Amazon was burned down from it's reproduction through fire and psychic suffering. It's now worshipped as a deity of war where suffering is embraced to keept their 'god' alive.

- The Ocean Lord (Aquaman): Having lost many Atlanteans and friends to the Calamity, he remade Atlantis into a stronghold before he set out to spread his domain across the seas. Beyond investigating the waters for any potential connections, he also explores the lost ruins of ancient civilizations and has also spread his domain to parts of Asia as part of a vast undersea empire.

- The Emerald Hand (Green Lantern): With the loss of Star City, Carol and so on, Hal Jordan snapped and fell back to his routes from the Parallax incident. He hunted down his fellow human Green Lanterns and proceeded to kill and take their rings. After killing of Alan Scott, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, he attempted to kill Kyle Rayner and take his ring. The newest lantern, Simon Baz defended him and his ring was taken while Kyle's spirit became enfused in his ring before being taken by the Stranger. Possessing five Green Lantern Rings, Hal rules over North America with an emerald fist and is in charge of alien affairs. Rumor has it he is planning veagance against the Guardians with the Spectre's help.

The new Justice League: The new League, watched by the Stranger. * characters are concept characters that could be used for people who need help.

The Phantom Stranger- A mysterious watcher, he was one of the few who helped stop The Calamity and was unaffected. He ended up taking several items of importance before disappearing such as the Green Lantern ring of Kyle Rayner, the Helmet of Fate and other items before walking the Earth, searching for new heroes to take the place of the fallen.

Plastic Man- Known as The Last Hero to many, he managed to survive this due to his power and from the millinea he spent trapped under the sea. He travels with the Stranger in disguise in hopes of finding the new champions as well as putting to the rest the spirit of the fallen.

Resurrection Man: Mitchell Shelley was able to survive thanks to his phoenix-like gift. After his latest resurrection, he was granted the power to heal others, which he uses quite well, including to stave off his next resurrection (in order to maintain his healing power.)

Vhaqax (Diego Vendrix)- DVB

Dr. Fate (Astes Har-Scheft)- Le Prince de Fées

Ronin ( A-001)- Billy Mays

Flash IV (Veronica Newman)- RealMrGame10

Starshade (Alexander "Alec" Eberhart)- Schade

Starfire (Koriand'r) & Lektra (Lektra Bolt)- bronislav84

Wraith (Dennis Harrison [+])- VampirateMace

Scarlet (Lucy Carter)- VampirateMace

Violet Lantern (Maxwell "Max" Hudson)- Monster Guy

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Vhaqax- Diego Vendrix
Abandoned Subway Tunnel, New York City

It was a dark and stormy night. Storms and unusual weather phenomena has become more commonplace than peaceful days. Many people were in their own sanctioned bunker homes, usually working or spending the time they had with makeshift families. For the crazier, worshipping a hero or villain, trying to do crime or escape from the pain of it all through copious amounts of drugs. However, he was here waiting for one reason. He was waiting for the heroes. Diego was dressed in his usual attire along with a trench coat and fedora to hide his identity.

Beside him was a man well-dressed with a blue hat and cloaked in blue and in shadows. He wandered throughout the realms and helped remake this league. He was the Phantom Stranger. Beside him was a familiar face, Plastic Man. He didn't age at all and was still the comci relief despite this all. He was still considered The Last Hero and was still quite a threat. Also was a man napping in raggedy clothes. Despite his humble appearance, the Resurrection Man was powerful.

Diego awaited for the heroes to arrive in their civilian outfit. Once the people arrived, this meeting could begin.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern - Max Hudson

Max walked around in the stormy weather with the hood of his purple hoodie pulled up. It was a rather depressing scene, and Max didn't care for it one bit. He headed for what was once the Subway station in New York. That was where that Stranger told him to meet up with the other heroes he had recruited. It wasn't that hard to find, having lived in New York, he had taken the Subway many times because he didn't have a car, and traffic was awful. When he got there, he saw that not a single subway ran there any more, and now it was old, dusty, and just as depressing as the scene outside. Max couldn't wait to get this whole Superhero business started.

He arrived at the tunnel he was supposed to be at, and found the group of people he was looking for. Besides the Phantom Stranger guy, there was also other people there with him. One of them was dressed in a trench coat and fedora, and there were also other people he hadn't seen before, but it seemed like they belonged here. Max smiled brightly, and lowered his hood. "Oh goody, looks like I came to the right place!" Max exclaimed cheerfully. "Name's Max. Apparently I'm in the new Justice League too. I can't wait to get started! Oh, I almost forgot something! Uh... hold on, could you excuse me for a second?" Max realized that it was almost time to charge his ring. He still had a couple hours left to go, but he figured he may as well do it now, before something serious actually happened. He took the ring out of his pocket, and put it on his right ring finger. Then, he held that arm up in the air, as the ring glowed, he was enveloped in a violet light before he was changed into his uniform. Then, the glowing violet lantern battery appeared above his head, and Max touched it with his ring as he said the oath that he just loved reciting.

"For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in Blackest Night.
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all with violet light!

As he spoke, Max glowed brightly for a few seconds, until the ring was fully charged. Then the battery disappeared, and Max put his arm down. "Ah, I never get tired of saying that!" He soon realized that he had several eyes looking at him. The young man simply chuckled, and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly as he reverted back to his civilian clothes. "What? I'm a Violet Lantern. Champion of the Violet light of Love! Were you expecting a girl? Sorry to disappoint ya, heh. A man can wield the power of love too ya know!"

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Ronin - A-001

Ronin felt naked. He wore clothes, yet he still felt naked.

Being outside of his armor was something he was not used to. He had worn it almost his entire life, only rarely taking it off for routine cleaning. Instead of his armor, he wore a pair of black jeans, an unzipped navy blue hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath, and white and black sneakers. They looked hastily put on, since Ronin was only wearing them because he had to. Of course, Ronin still had his arm cannons and his beam saber stored in the back pocket of his jeans, so even if he was less protected Ronin was still far from defenseless.

Considering robots don't usually make pit stops for food or other things necessary for humans, it wasn't too surprising that Ronin would be one of the first to arrive. He would have appeared to be a perfectly normal person walking down the dim tunnels of the subway, were it not for his eyes glowing green from Ronin's night vision. Spotting where he was supposed to meet and the people already there, Ronin approached somewhat cautiously in case there was an ambush, whether it was unlikely or not. He nodded in greeting to the Phantom Stranger, whom he had already met in Siberia. He looked at the other people gathered, not giving the man in a bright purple uniform any extra attention due to Ronin not really knowing that was particularly abnormal. "Greetings. I am Ronin. I am looking forward to working with you all as a member of this team." Ronin nodded to himself in approval, considering his words to be adequate for a customary greeting for future comrades.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Scarlet - Lucy Carter

The sound of a hundred fluttering wings filled the subway tunnel, well before the waiting heroes could see the bats causing them, and feel the breeze. The flock, bats of both black and red fluttered into the abandon station, and swirled around the group, before gathering by the Phantom Stranger to reform into a red-haired vampiress in a short red and black dress. Her black eyes were locked on the Stranger, as her first foot hit the ground, “Was I supposed to come in disguise? Honestly, I must have been too excited to properly pay attention. . . You should have told me the details while I was Lucy.” she set a hand on his shoulder, “Oh, by the way dear, I saw this little guy with red eyes a while back. Is he one of ours?”

The phantom gave her a slight nod and she backed off, taking a look around at their surroundings, “I thought so. . .” There was puff of reddish smoke and Scarlet was replaced by a young woman in a hooded sweatshirt, a little shorter and less endowed than Scarlet. She thrust her hands into her hoodie pocket and reflexively wrapped them around her camp knife. She didn't pull it out, but holding it comforted her. She'd have to get something to drink after this meeting, she was getting kind of thirsty.

Wraith - Dennis Harrison (+)

Wraith looked around at the dirty tunnel as he walked, using his skull topped staff as a walking stick, he wasn't that familiar with this city, and he wasn't sure he was in the right subway tunnel. The drip of water filtering down from the storm above surrounded him on all sides.

A couple minutes ago he'd had to duck as some noisy bats passed overhead, he assumed they were hiding from the storm as well, and reminded himself to be cautious as he didn't know who or what else might be taking shelter down here. He kept quite on this regard, not calling out to anyone who may or may not be waiting for him, and not running. The red glow from his eyes would give any ambushers plenty of time to prepare for him as it was.

He wasn't really in a rush though, assuming this was the right tunnel, he should still have some time.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
The Flash - Veronica Newman
The Newman Home, California

"After all this time," thought Veronica as she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, fogged up from the shower she'd been taking. It had been eight years now. Eight years since the world went to hell, eight years since she got her powers, and eight years since her parents died. Just thinking about it made her barf a little in her mouth. Eight years. She had began to think that the visit from the Phantom Stranger was a dream. What had he told her then? "Until I see you again, train your powers." And Veronica had tried. From Running in circles to gauge her max speed to attempting to vibrate through tables like she had heard the other Flashes could do all while hiding from the fallen heroes. And now it was time to assemble with the "New Justice League?" Eight years ago, she had been a semi-normal teenager who was homeschooled by parents whose principles were basically don't have principles cause they're stupid. You know what? Screw semi-normal. But at least it was something. She hadn't asked to be a superhero, and she hadn't asked to be part of something this big. But it was happening, and Veronica was not one to deny that things were happening. She grabbed some clothes, and put them in a bag. "After all this time," she repeated.

Sitting down on the couch in her living room, she stared at the suit she made herself from material and other stuff she found at Wally West's house. Me, this, all of this is their legacy. I am The Flashes. Or just plain weird. I don't know. She giggled a little bit. Oh Veronica, you kook. Put some clothes on, she thought to herself. Then she slipped into the uniform, and took the bag. Veronica walked outside of the house. "Yeah, I don't think I'll be seeing you again for a while. Bye house. Sorry for the crap I put you through. Just TBH." Then she dashed off towards New York. Somehow, her bag didn't burn up from the air friction. It was likely because of the Speed Force, but she didn't really care. This was the first time Veronica had been actually able to run long distances, and it felt great! The air whipped around her face, her arms moved like an ultra-sharp knife through water. And under her chin-mask (as she liked to call it), she didn't stop grinning the whole way there.

When Veronica arrived at the designated spot, she noticed two guys in civilian clothing, one tall and who looked either really fabulous or kinda gay, and the other one cute in a nerdy Mexican kind of way. Then there was a robot-type dude trying to look as casual as possible, and a girl who probably needed a little more makeup. She suddenly felt poorly dressed for the situation. "Well boys, on the topic of love..." she said, as she slowly took off her uniform. "I think I may need to..." she quickly whipped off her uniform to reveal she was indeed wearing underwear. At light speed, she changed into a tank top and skirt before they got a good look. "Whoops, was that too fast?" she asked in a very provocative voice, with an extremely dirty look on her face. Veronica marched her fingers up the Mexican's chest slowly. "I'm Veronica, and you two-" she said as she faced the fabulous one "are gorgeous." She smirked, and noticed the purple ring on the fabulous one's finger. "So you're a Violet Lantern, huh? Cool. If you couldn't tell, I'm the-" Veronica pointed to her uniform on the ground. "Flash." And she giggled at the dirty pun. It had been so long since she'd seen real boys, and she intended to make every second count. Then she remembered that there were two others there.

"Whoops, sorry." She said, extremely embarrassed. She quickly turned away from the girl, and said in a fluster, "I-I-I'll just be over here if you need me," pointing to the tracks. The more Veronica thought about what had just happened, the more she cringed and came closer to crying from embarrassment. I really need to work on my first impressions, she mentally noted, and sat down cross legged on the edge of the platform.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Starchade - Alexander 'Alec' Eberhart
Abandoned Subway tunnel - New York City

The abandoned Subway tunnel was a really creepy Place, and Alec had started to question his reasons for going there. It had been a long time since the Phantom stranger had appeared in his dreams wit this request for him, and even though it was just a dream, Alec felt like he had to do as the Phantom Stranger said. He had ben told to hone his Powers and then join up With several other People here in New York to assemble a New Justice League or something? Sure, that sounded simple enough..
Alec was wearing his vigilante costume, and had his scarf pulled up to cover his mouth, just in case someone were to see him or recognize him. He had a lot of enemies, after all, and he had gotten slightly paranoid when it came to hiding his Identity lately. He kept to the shadows, using his Powers. The Subway was a dark Place to begin With, so he didn't have to overdo it. He didn't know where he would have to go to find the others, but as he came closer, he could hear voices. From afar, it sounded like a bunch of lost teenagers, and they looked like it too. One of the People there, a mexican guy in a trenchcoat and a fedora, stood next to an overly flamboyant Young man. There was also an android of some sort, wearing casual clothing. There was a short girl in a sweatshirt, looking rather suspicious. there were a few other People there too, but Alec didn't care about them after he saw that the Phantom Stranger himself was present. That meant that this was the right Place for him to be. He didn't really get uch Clue of the People from where he was hiding, and used his shadow teleportation to appear from above, falling Down behind a rather chatty woman he suspected had speedy abilities.

"Yo." Alec said. he wasn't comfortable in crowds, so he kept it simple until he got more used to it. "Name's Starshade"
He then focused his Powers to remove his costume, leaving his ordinary Batwoman T-shirt and dark jeans. Robins utility belt was still present though, as it wasn't part of the costume manifested by his Powers. Hopefully, no one would recognize it.

Last edited:

Le Prince de Fées

Spirit Conductor
Dr. Fate - Astes Har-Scheft

Astes trudged along through the unseasonable weather. He shielded himself from the rain whipping about with a fancy, but oddly shaped umbrella. He didn't understand why they were meeting right now of all times. Surely this meeting could have been saved for a more convient day. With a huff he continued walking, happening upon the abandoned subway. The screeching and scurrying of rodents and cockroaches could be heard in the dark. A chill of terror surged down Astes' spine at the thought of such vile things. Fallen pillars and rubble made it difficult to navigate, but he didn't let that deter him. He cleared a path with a flick of his wrist, sending the debris sliding across the ground. He heard voices through the darkness. There was a dim light coming from ahead, so he assumed this was where they were supposed to go.

The group wasn't very large, but he didn't think it would be. Most of the remaining heroes were either dead or hiding. Astes sighed as he looked over the group. Everyone seemed so young comparatively. While youth was useful at times, he didn't think this was one of those times. Great. I hope that no one hear is the overly cocky type. We don't need a Booster Gold on our hands. He noticed the Phantom Stranger in their midst along with a few more notable heroes.

Astes sauntered over and asked, "Must we meet on such a dreary night? I understand the need for secrecy, but there has to be a more optimal location than an abandoned building."

He closed his umbrella and used it as makeshift cane, leaning some of his weight onto. At the moment, Astes wasn't sure what he had gotten himself into.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

If anyone was looking, they would see a dim red glow illuminating the tunnel far off as Wraith drew closer. A few steps more and his superior night vision allowed him to see the group, and how many had already gathered. A bit worried that he was late, Wraith took a deep breath and concentrated, going intangible was the easy part, he'd learned that trick not long after his accident, the next part was to project his particles forward, this was harder, but he'd gotten the hang of it for the most part. As a dark grey mist (possibly due to not all of his particles moving at the exact same speed) he flowed in amongst the others, and resolidify into his almost human form.

Everyone else was pretty much in disguise, but there wasn't much Wraith could do about his appearance. He looked over to the Stranger wondering if he was the last one, he wasn't getting the 'look' so he was probably okay. Wraith looked around, his eyes casting a warm red glow on the others, and trying to smile (it might have looked a bit like a grimace since there wasn't much to smile about), and giving a bit of a wave, introduced himself, “Uh, hi, I'm Wraith.”

Scarlet - Lucy Carter

Lucy, still clutching her knife, took mental notes on the other heroes as more of their group arrived. The girl Flash seemed to be a bit of flirt, and non too shy. Flash also pointed out that the tall blonde guy with the purple bag was a Violet Lantern. That sounded vaguely familiar, it had something to do with the Green Lanterns, right?

Then came a guy in a leotard, who could remove his costume by will, Starshade. It was funny how he looked placid and frantic at the same time, like killer. Then came a slightly older guy, thirties maybe, complaining and using his umbrella like a cane. Hopefully he wasn't going to hold the group up. And he was followed by a dark mist, the formed up into a ghostly looking boy with red eyes. He acted friendly, but like he was uncomfortable.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
(OOC: I just couldn't help myself. :p)

Affected RPers: RealMrGame, Schade

Max watched as more heroes started to arrive. One of the new arrivals was a talkative girl who had Super Speed skills. She even called herself the Flash. She flirting with the hispanic guy and himself. Max didn't really think it was necessary to tell her that he wasn't into girls that way at that particular moment. Besides, it wasn't like she was serious about it anyway. He would know if she were. From what he could recall, the previous Flashes had all been guys. Max giggled, he was the first male member of the Star Sapphire corps, and she was the first female Flash. The coincidence was funny, this was going to be a ground breaking Justice League that's for sure! After her introduction, she was suddenly struck with embarrassment, and nervously walked over to the tracks. Max wasn't entirely sure why she did that, walked over to where she was, and continued the conversation hoping to make her feel better. "Yup, sure am! Maxwell Hudson, wielder of the Violet light of love, at your service! Everyone usually calls me Max though."

While he was talking to the lady Flash, a redheaded guy appeared from the shadows, completely out of nowhere with some sort of darkness based powers. Max bit his lower lip. While he found the guy attractive, for some reason he couldn't figure out why, there was something about this guy that struck him as odd, but he wasn't sure what that was. It didn't take long for his Love senses to kick in, and Max figured out what the problem with this guy was. His eyes widened as they flashed violet, and he let out a surprised gasp. He transformed into his bright purple uniform. Immediately, he ran right up to the guy that called himself Starshade. "Oh dear, this is not good!" The Violet Lantern exclaimed. "Your heart... it's as black as the night sky! I cannot let this be!" Then, he grabbed the guy by his shirt collar, pulled him close, and started kissing him passionately on the lips for a few seconds. After that, Max released him, and started gently rubbing the underside of Starshade's chin with his fingers. "Don't worry honey. As a Violet Lantern, it is my duty to bring love into people lives. You look like you need it more than anybody."

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
(Going to give this a real world location, because I happen to be from NYC. Brooklyn, actually. If you don't like this let me know Diego)

Starfire
Abandoned Downtown D Subway Tracks, 34th St Herald Square, Manhattan, NYC

A digital portal made of seemingly random yellow and green floating 1s and 0s appeared on the wall. I floated out of it together with the fairy as she waved a hand and closed the portal. Having been given exact coordinates Lektra thought it was 'logical' to just make a short range Digital Portal. As we floated out we continued the conversation we were having.

"I do not understand. If he is a stranger, then how do we know him?" I asked her, having arrived at our destination but not paying attention to the group already gathered there.

Lektra also ignored the group for the moment. "That's his name, Star. He's called the Phantom Stranger." She changed back into her civilian attire, scanning each of the people in the room with a green horizontal beam from her handheld device and starting a personality profile on each. At least that is what I assumed, as she had said she was doing that for me.

As she landed on the floor and examined one of the rails which seemed to be different from the others, I bent down to her still trying to understand. "So he is not both a phantom and a stranger?" I asked her as she got back up and went back to look at the group.

Lektra
Same location

And people called me naive. At least I understood simple names. "Yes he can be a phantom sometimes if he wants, but no that's just his name. At least I think that's just his name." We continued to actually pay the others no mind as we conversed.

"Oh, I think I get it." She didn't seem completely convinced as she walked up to the others, finally acknowledging them. I acknowledged them too.

I followed her. "Oh, hello. I believe we're supposed to meet up. I'm Lektra, Fairy of Electronics." I introduced myself and waved to the group with my left hand which wasn't holding my smartphone.

"I bid you greetings, friends. My name is Koriand'r of Tamaran. In your language, I am called Star Fire." Star enunciated her name for clarity and bowed to the group.

I on the other hand was interested in the machine in the group. A sentient machine by the looks of it. Primitive by my people's standards, but interesting all the same. My magic was weakened in this form, but I was able to learn his name. "Hello Ronin. You interest me. Might I be allowed to improve your operational capacity? I believe I can remotely optimize your software and provide a 5% improvement to your systems. If you'd let me, of course."

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
((Schade said he'll be on vacation until Saturday))

Vhaqax- Diego Vendrix

Diego saw the first of the new team to arrive with Plastic Man, the Stranger and Resurrection Man standing behind simply observing everyone. The first one was a young man before he summoned a lantern and a ring. He was like a Green Lantern, albeit he was violet. Rather than running on Willpower, he ran on Love. "I'm more surprised you're okay considering that Lanterns who use the Red or Purple light all go crazy from it," Plastic Man mentioned. Diego just smiled and shook his hand. "Don't worry, we'll all get into uniform soon enough," he told Max before he saw some of the others come in.

The first was an android of sorts. He introduced himself. "I'm looking forward with working with you too," Diego said to Ronin, studying the robot with the sword. He wondered who made him. The sound of a hundred fluttering wings filled the subway tunnel, well before the waiting heroes could see the bats causing them, and feel the breeze. Diego saw a vampire of all things appear. She was certainly attractive, but he was wondering why she was here. Then again, they need all the help they can get here. He then saw her transform into her human form, whom he heard named Lucy. "Nice to meet ya, anything we should be aware about?" he asked her. Then a surprise came.

He saw a girl appear in a rapid fashion. Based on her outfit, she was the next Flash. He then saw her slowly reove her uniform before she changed into her civvies quickly. He became red-faced at her tone and her expression as she went to him and even began to have her fingers on his chest, making him even more flustered. It was only when she saw the other two people there did she shrink off embarassingly. However, when he saw her go off, he went to her and offered her a smile. "Hey, don't worry about it. Welcome to the team, so don't look sad," he said to her with a comforting smile as he offered a hand to help her stand up.

He then turned to see a mysterious shadowy man that was known as Starshade. He senses a bit of dark magic to him though before seeing his costume along with a belt. It looked familiar somehow, but he didn't know where. Oh well. He'll figure it out later.

"There's a reason for that," The Phantom Stranger said as he turned toward a mystery man. "He's the new Dr. Fate, huh? You look okay," Plastic Man stated. Speaking of spooky figures, a stranger by the name of Wraith appeared. However, he didn't seem to have a connection of magic. The origin of his powers certainly must have been interesting. Diego's eyes widen when he saw the Violet Lantern go and began to passionately kiss Starshade. He had a mix of shock with mild bemusement. However, he did wonder what Starshade's power came from.

The last few people that came in was surprising, even Plastic Man looked interested. It was Starfire. She was a member of the former Titans and League. She certainly did not look as vibrant. Then again, the loss of Nightwing was a blow to the entirity of the superhero community, especially to her and Batman. There was also an electric fairy who showed interest in Ronin. Diego looked to Star. "Nice to meet you," he said to her before putting a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry for your loss," he said to her before he made sure everyone was standing by.

He waited for everyone to finish introducing themselves or finishing whatever they were doing so they could go already.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
OOC: Wraith has an i in it. Also, I'm glad I refreshed before posting, because I'd already written a good after the train chunk. . . I was kind of been referring to all the conversations, rather than the setting change, but your solution should do the trick, eh?

Scarlet - Lucy Carter

"Nice to meet ya, anything we should be aware about?" the guy in the trench and fedora asked Lucy. Lucy sucked in a noisy bit of air, then looked at him, not in the face, but just kind of in his general direction, and replied somewhat deadpan, “I carry the cursed power that once belonged to Dracula within my form. I am a being of darkness that must feed on human blood, tainting my very soul.”

She hoped that would be enough to make him as uncomfortable as she was. She'd had enough time to mentally rehearse it in the past few months. But the guy was off to talk with others soon enough, he seemed the curious sort, and Lucy added that to her mental notes. Then the Violet Lantern kissed Starshade, leaving Lucy all kinds of confused.

It wasn't long before Starfire and Lektra arrived. Diego told Starfire he was sorry for her loss. Oh, right, the former boy wonder had ate it. Lucy didn't know any details, she just remembered some crazy guy with a bone lodged in his unkempt dreadlocks waving a spork at her, and shouting that Nightwing was dead. She gotten a lot of her news like that, though most of the deliverers were a tad saner.

Wraith glanced nervously at Starfire, they'd only met a couple times, though he'd seen her on the news a lot, and she probably didn't even remember him. But if she did, would she think him a coward for resigning from the Titans? Logic kind of dictated that dying was a reasonable excuse. . . But then there was the guilt. He didn't take his nightmares seriously enough, he could have warned them, Nightwing might have lived. She had no way of knowing that, but what would she do to him if she ever found out?

Wraith tried to busy himself, looking away to watch the rest of the team interact. He couldn’t stop thinking about Starfire, she always seemed so sweet, and kind of innocent. Wraith pulled his orange hood up over his head, he was not having one of his good days anymore.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
(OOC: Home from London. Sorry to keep y'all waiting.)

Starchade - Alexander 'Alec' Eberhart
Abandoned Subway tunnel - New York City

Alec hadn't even properly introduced himself before a person of the smal Group, the flamboyant one, was all up in his face. Similar to Alec, the guy could transform into his hero costume at will. Apparently, he was a Green Lantern of sorts.. Alec had heard about there being other colored lanterns, as he had observed a red one one time, but a Purple one? The guy was all up in his face within no time. "Oh dear, this is not good! our heart... it's as black as the night sky! I cannot let this be!" He was now babbeling on about Complete lovey dovey gibberish, and Alec felt really out of his Comfort zone. Before even getting the chance to think, the Lantern leaned towards him and passionatly kissed him on his mouth. This caught Alec completely off-guard, and he flinched. "Don't worry honey. As a Violet Lantern, it is my duty to bring love into people lives. You look like you need it more than anybody." the Violet Lantern said as he let go of Alec. He blushed like crazy as the kiss torched life in his pretty emotionless heart. He had spent a lot of time keeping Down his emotions, and this sudden outburst surely didn't help. It made him mad, and before he even got to think straight, he used his Powers to change into his starry outfit, and blended into the shadows again, completely disappearing from the others' sight. He mumbled curse-Words as he had found a decent Place in a dark corner to sit Down in while waiting for Things to move on. One of the perks of his Powers were to become completely invisible when in shadowy areas, though he suspected that from a certain angle, the stars of his outfit were still visible. He also made a note to himself to punch the overly flamboyant Lantern guy in the face.

From his murky corner in the abandoned Train station, Alec observed as more People came. The first one to arriwe was Starfire, the famous Teen Titan. He knew a bit about the titans, as he had obtained Donna Troy's Lasso after an encounter With them, but he hadn't really introduced himself to any of them. Hopefully, Starfire wouldn't notice it. Some more formal introducings were made, as the person known as Lucy confessed to being some sort of a vampire. That was pretty cool. It was good that Alec wasn't the only one of dark, ominous origins. Not really the chatty type, Alec decided that he'd just tag along for the time being. The Phantom Stranger was busy talking to someone, and everyone seemed to be in the introduction-phase. Alec would Catch up to them later. For now, he was busy enough restraining himself from killing the Violet Lantern for humiliating him like that.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Affected RPers: Bron, Schade

Max smirked when he saw the guy blush. That's the same look everyone gets when they experience love for the first time. He knew he enjoyed it. Then he frowned when Starshade disappeared into the shadows, and fled. "You can run all you want, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM LOVE!" He glowed with a violet aura, and was considering flying after him, or producing a violet energy arm to just grab him, but his love senses went off again before he had a chance. There are two people in this league with love trouble? Well, it's a good thing the Phantom Stranger brought me in! He was getting alerted to one of the new arrivals, an orange skinned woman he had seen on TV countless times when he was a teenager, It was Starfire of the Teen Titans. He got the same feeling from her that he got when his boyfriend was killed in this calamity. Did she lose a loved one in this nightmare too? Considering the fact that Robin/Nightwing was nowhere to be seen, that was probably a yes...

Immediately, Max flew over to her. "Oh my goodness, you poor dear!" He threw his arms around her, and gave her a hug. Then he let her go, and continued speaking. "I understand how you must be feeling. I lost my lover in this whole mess too. It was be devastating! It was like having a hole in my heart that I was unable to fill. I would still be sad now if I hadn't gotten this ring! I understand if you don't want to discuss it right now, but if you ever do, that's what I'm here for!"

Last edited:

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz

Veronica stared at the tracks in shame. Gosh, why can't I just get OVER things? At this point, she had been getting frustrated with how embarrassed she was about the Mexican dude incident. Like, seriously. Of course, she heard all of the going ons in the background, such as the others arriving, the fabulous one making out with one of the new arrivals (okay, so he was gay), etc. And then the Sexy Mexy (Veronica was very proud of that nickname) told her it was all right, that she should join them, and not to be sad. Of course, the floodgates opened from there, and she could vaguely see smoke rising from where it touched the electric rail. But she quickly brushed herself off and rose.

Veronica was semi-shocked to see that Starfire of all people was there, after seeing that all of the Titans had died, especially Nightwing. If she recalled correctly, their wedding was one of the biggest of the year when it had happened. Therefore, it wasn't too much of a shock when the Lantern of Love started speaking to her. She sympathized with the guy that he had kissed, because it was sort of the opposite way of how she got embarrassed. Because of this, Veronica drew closer to him. He seemed to want to be left alone, so she didn't say anything, but made eye contact with him. She nodded at him, then winked seductively. Then she waited for something to happen.

Le Prince de Fées

Spirit Conductor
Dr. Fate - Astes Har-Scheft

Soon enough, the other volunteers began to pour in to the abandoned subway, introducing themselves and displaying their powers at random. Astes became less anxious as the Phantom Stranger said their was a reason to meeting in the abandoned subway. Must be the base or something. Plastic Man appraised Astes appearance, wondering if he was indeed the new bearer of the mantle of Dr. Fate.

"I'm so glad that I have your approval." Astes dryly said to Plastic Man. He was going to indulge in some banter until he heard the something. He turned to see a portal opening, with a very familiar figure coming through. It was Starfire, and she was accompanied by someone who wasn't a fellow Teen Titan. She was definitely a grade above the newer bunch in the gang, Astes included. Luckily for him, he went by a familiar name, much like The Flash who was now Veronica. They had the added edge of not having to work as hard to be establish an identity. The Violet Lantern was similar in this sense considering many people already knew of the Green Lantern.

The Violet Lantern seemed to be out of control, spurting light and ranting about love. It was annoying at worst and grating at best. Before Astes could bat an eye, the Violet Lantern was locked in an awkward kiss with Starschade, who disappeared from embarassment.

"Well...that escalated quickly." Astes said. It didn't take long for the lantern to set his sights on a new individual, Starfire, consoling her during such a "troubling" time.

I bet she doesn't hear that all of the time. I wonder if she would find that as annoying as most people considering her usual disposition. Astes wasn't as affected by loss as most. He has lost people to the Calamity, but so has nearly every other person in existence at this point.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
(Sorry if I'm starting a bit more interaction, guys. Also, Starfire's speaking is best read in Hynden Walch's voice from the animated show)

Starfire
Abandoned Downtown D Subway Tracks, 34th St Herald Square, Manhattan, NYC

I had finally gotten a good look at the group, sort of. We probably missed introductions, since we seemed to be the last to arrive, but I did see at least a couple of things that were familiar. Plastic Man, the Stranger which was not a stranger, and Resurrection Man. There was also one who seemed to be the new Dr. Fate, easily recognized. He too was looking at me. Perhaps he would interest Lektra. I barely got a good look at one guy before he vanished, and would have to look out for him later, though if I had to guess I would say he was still there. The others did notice us, and were probably wondering things, though since I did not have the power to read minds I would just let that develop.

The one that was there with the older heroes who looked like the team leader went around and sort of greeted everybody, though he did not seem interested in Lektra. In fact nobody was, which was troubling since she basically looked like a streetlight while transformed. It was usually hard to not notice her. He looked at me and put a hand on my shoulder. I was about to shoo it away as weird, but it seemed he cared since he spoke to me before moving back to his spot. "Nice to meet you, I'm sorry for your loss." I nodded to him, trying to not break out in tears again.

After that the one that looked like a Lantern rushed at me. It was sudden, but considering what I knew about them this was not a bad thing, maybe. "Oh my goodness, you poor dear!" He hugged me tight. It felt nice that he cared. Then he let me go, but continued to speak. "I understand how you must be feeling. I lost my lover in this whole mess too. It was be devastating! It was like having a hole in my heart that I was unable to fill. I would still be sad now if I hadn't gotten this ring! I understand if you don't want to discuss it right now, but if you ever do, that's what I'm here for!" I felt my face get really warm when he finished talking. It was what was referred to as blushing.

Apparently the violet color of Lanterns had some kind of mind reading ability, because he seemed to be intimately knowledgeable of my grief. A Lantern of love perhaps? I did not know all the colors, but that is what it felt like. Once he was finished speaking I decided to speak. "I appreciate the sentiment." I tried incredibly hard to not just break out in tears right there. "If there is time, I will come to you to make with the talking." I assured him of that. I did wonder if there would be time to talk much.

I tried to put on my best smile while the others were still looking at me, but it was what the humans referred to as a 'poker face' and sometimes I wondered if I should just end my life so I could join Dick. But no, he would not want that for me. He would say my going back home during the Calamity was a good thing and that I should help right the state of the world. That is what he would say. Oh Dick, I miss you. I leaned back against a wall and made with the sighing.

A small.....something......in a cloak was there too. The shortest of the bunch, with glowing red eyes. In fact that was all I could see after it put the hood up. The creature, maybe it was not a creature, looked a little familiar from when I was younger. It would do me good to make with the interaction. I floated over. "Um, excuse me, were you not with the Titans at some point?" Those red glowing eyes were a bit unnerving. "Perhaps you could remind me why you quit?"

Lektra
Same location

Starfire seemed to be getting a lot of attention, while I was pretty much ignored even in my fairy form with my circuit wings that had lit up the entire station like a disco ball. The machine I'd tried to engage in conversation didn't reply. Either it went into some kind of stasis mode, or was just disinterested. I decided to leave it and examine the strong source of magic in the tunnel. He had a mask and a cloak on. I walked over, trying to maybe engage in conversation.

"I sense magic from you, though a slightly different kind than mine. Are you perhaps a magic user too?" I spoke to him, making a second scan with my smartphone. The readings were undeniable. Even if he decided to lie, my phone had already confirmed it.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Starschade hid in the shadows. Wraith could still see him, if he looked from the right angle, and his eyes lit the dark, but he doubted the others could. The Violet Lantern certainly couldn't, yelling about not hiding from love, and then immediately rushing off to remind Starfire that she should feel miserable.

Wraith wanted none of that. There was so much loss in this new world.

Neither of Wraith's evasive actions, looking away, and raising his hood, had done much good. He seemed to have gotten Starfire's attention, and she floated over. Her expression was a pleasant one, but her eyes gave away the pain under it. Wraith felt a lump in his throat. She spoke, an action that commanded his attention, “Um, excuse me, were you not with the Titans at some point? Perhaps you could remind me why you quit?”

Wraith's heart was racing. She recognized him, but only a little bit. Wraith looked down, then back up at her. There was no reason to evade the question, but he wondered if it would jog her memory, “I died.”

Perhaps that was too simple an answer, “. . .I was shot, and died, and woke up in the morgue, so I decided that clearly I need more training.”

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Vhaqax- Diego Vendrix

Diego observed everyone talking with one another and more or less getting along. He was relieved though he did notice Ronin was being inactive. Hope there wasn't a problem with him. He then went toward the fairy-looking one and smiled at her, offering his hand for her to shake. "Hey, nice to meet you. You gonna need any magic or electricity with that. If you need a charge or something I could help you. I didn't get your name yet by the way," Diego said.

"I hate to interrupt this, but our train is here," Plastic Man said. The Phantom Stranger and Resurrection Man faced the rails as the brighty-colroed and ornate train arrived. Diego helped everyone on and once in, the train burst through, with no one ever noticing anything was out of the ordinary. The train passed through various caverns and was quite unfamiliar. Once stopped, Diego was the first to step out and helped everyone off the train.

Vhaqax- Diego Vendrix
Cave of Eternity

He looked around, remember when he was first here. Plastic Man's head turned toward the first thing. Several obelisks laid there, carved out of a beautiful black stone with gold-etched letters. He along with Resurrection Man and the Stranger paid their respects to the fallen.

Billy Batson, Mary Batson and Freddy Freeman.

Diego also bowed his respect toward the fallen before he led the group, carrying a torch to light the cave. The next attracted were seven statues. Diego looked at them. The Calamity radically altered their appearance, now looking more human-like and also a bit more abstract, as if a person made up of three other people.

"The Seven Deadly Sins or back then, the Seven Enemies of Man," Diego said as he looked at them. They were now behind a screen of what could guess to be enchanted reinforced plexiglass and them wrapped in chains.

Then, came the throne. A large throne made of stone with a large carved globe nearby and a large book seemingly made of stone resting on the throne. A large crystal ball laid in front of the throne.

"I'm glad I got to see you all in costume. Now allow me," Diego said before raising his fist in the air.

VHAQAX

A bolt of magic lightning appeared and striked Diego, turning him into Vhaqax. He was now taller and more muscular, wearing a uniform of gold with a white lightning bolt and silver gauntlets and boots. On his neck was the cape of the fallen Captan Marvel.

Vhaqax then used the residual energy to strike the crystal ball. It glowed before an old man appeared, covered in a white robe and wielding a staff of petrified wood with a large rough gem clutched in. He resembled the early people, the Cro-Magnon.

"Hello again Vhaqax. I see my old friend The Stranger has returned. It appears that besides Plastic Man and Resurrection Man, the following youngsters are the new hope. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Wizard. I was once a mortal known as Jeramiah of Canaan before accepitng the power of ancient forgotten gods to become Vlarem," he said to them.

"When I first retired, I entrusted the title of 'Shazam' to Teth-Adam, who proved to be a mistake. I found a truly worthy sucessor in Captain Marvel and his allies. This Calamity has been a tragedy on us all. But we cannot dwell on the past when the future is at stake. So, what questions do you all have for an old wizard?" he asked the group.

Last edited: