• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Justice League: Martial Law (A DC Comics RP, Rated M)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Ah, your change in dialog cut out my best joke)

Wraith - Dennis Harrison (+) & Lucy Carter
Abandoned Subway Tunnel, New York City

The train stopped in a tunnel. In all his visions and dreams (or rather nightmares), Wraith had never seen a place like this. He scanned the carvings and obelisks, casting a reddish glow (did the others find that annoying?).

Lucy snickered lightly at the symbolism of the obelisk being used as a monument, meanwhile the group reached some captive creatures and Diego explained, "The Seven Deadly Sins or back then, the Seven Enemies of Man.”

The Diego announced, "I'm glad I got to see you all in costume. Now allow me. . . VHAQAX!" He transformed like the Marvels before him, into a more Herculean figure, and used a smaller bolt of lighting and summoned what appeared to be an antediluvian wizard in white robe. (OOC: I'm sorry, I like big words)

Wraith wanted to go to his happy place (not that he really had one), science had given him his powers, and they functioned through science, but he seemed to be constantly surrounded by the illogical. His best friends, wherever they were, were a zombie and a scarecrow after all.

Lucy on the other hand pushed forward gazing at this new wonder silently and turning her camp knife over within her sweatshirt pocket. Scarlet was the secure and confident one.

The old shaman spoke, "Hello again Vhaqax. I see my old friend The Stranger has returned. It appears that besides Plastic Man and Resurrection Man, the following youngsters are the new hope. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Wizard. I was once a mortal known as Jeramiah of Canaan before accepting the power of ancient forgotten gods to become Vlarem. . . When I first retired, I entrusted the title of 'Shazam' to Teth-Adam, who proved to be a mistake. I found a truly worthy successor in Captain Marvel and his allies. This Calamity has been a tragedy on us all. But we cannot dwell on the past when the future is at stake. So, what questions do you all have for an old wizard?."

Much of this Wraith already knew, from personal experience and the Stranger, albeit a watered down no wizard version. He lowered his hood. He didn't really have a good question though, more like a million questions, causing him to hesitate, what should he ask?

Nearby Lucy rubbed her ring and turned into the skimpily dressed vampiress Scarlet. This caught Wraith's eye for a moment, he might not look that mature, but he was an adult in his mind. Scarlet felt comfortable asking something a lot of them would have rather avoided, and the the wizard had already pretty much recommended against, “Was it preventable?”

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Starchade - Alexander 'Alec' Eberhart

After moping around in the shadows, making a mental note that it seemed like the character Wraith could see him during this state, Things finally started to happen. What happened was that a Train, looking like it was taken out of a stoners acidtrip arriwed. the Group entered the Train, and it started moving. Alec sudenly got second thoughts about the Whole ordeal, concidering that entering weird-looking Trains at abandoned stations underground was a good way of getting yourself mugged, raped or killed. he sat through it though, wondering just what was waiting for them Ahead. As the Train arriwed its destination, the Group entered a weird-looking hall that gave Alec a serious case of the mystical-Vibes. "I'm glad I got to see you all in costume. Now allow me. . . VHAQAX!" the self-proclaimed leader, Diego said as he suddenly shouted a weird Word. He then transformed into a more burly, handsome Version of himself, With the recognizable outfit of the Marvels before him. The vampire girl, Lucy, was on her alert, and Alec decided it was best if he was too. He took a grip through Donna Troy's Lasso of persecution, in case sh*t hit the fan.

The same light that transformed Diego, then revealed an old man that appeared seemingly out of nowhere. The old man looked good to his age, and was wearing the typical wizard-of-Oz kind of outfit. "Hello again Vhaqax. I see my old friend The Stranger has returned. It appears that besides Plastic Man and Resurrection Man, the following youngsters are the new hope. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Wizard. I was once a mortal known as Jeramiah of Canaan before accepitng the power of ancient forgotten gods to become Vlarem," the old man spoke. Alec yawned. This was boring information, and he had no interest in what the old geezers origins were. "When I first retired, I entrusted the title of 'Shazam' to Teth-Adam, who proved to be a mistake. I found a truly worthy sucessor in Captain Marvel and his allies. This Calamity has been a tragedy on us all. But we cannot dwell on the past when the future is at stake. So, what questions do you all have for an old wizard?" the wizard of Oz continued. Alec gave it a few thoughts. He had no questions, really. Well, maybe a few, like why he was even there. At this point, it all just seemed illogical and stupid to him.

"Yeah." he spoke, for the first time after introducing himself to the crowd. "You don't happen to know where to find a certain "Heart of Darkness", do you?" It was a longshot, and Alec didn't really care about the answer. Natural Instinct would lead him to it eventually, and then he could set his master, Eclipso free. Though he doubted the wizard would tell him the answer, he quickly followed up With another question.

"Or.. Nevermind that. Could you please tell me the time? it feels like we've been underground forever"

Le Prince de Fées

Spirit Conductor
Dr. Fate - Astes Har-Scheft

Astes was began to tap his umbrella with his finger. He didn't mind when things moved slowly, but this was a bit too slow for his taste. Just then, he took notice of the woman shining brilliantly like a christmas tree. It was disorienting. Astes noticed the device that she clutched tightly. Interesting.

"What is that?" He asked, motioning at the device. "Judging from your appearance and title, I'm going to assume it's not a normal cellphone."

Astes was new to the concept of magic. He learned that their were different kinds of magic, but he never encountered any that produced by others. Magic practically went against all that he knew. It was, in theory, chaotic and unruly. At least, that is what a common simpleton would think. Magic is systematic and simple once the system is understood. Requirements must be met to cast a spell, whether that be sacrifice or willpower. Naturally, Astes was mesmerized by this woman and what type of magic she weilded. Simply, for research purposes.

As luck would have it, a dazzling train rushed into the subway. Who constructed this amazing contraption?! He was more interested in finding the creator and picking his brain than riding on it. With his eyes wide with child-like awe, he boarded the train. As the train carried them to their destination, Astes admired the beauty of it.

"This is absolutely breathtaking." He said. A sigh of filled with satisfaction escaped his lips. Once the train stopped, he was eager to get off. He was certain that there was more to come. He followed closely behind Diego, taking in the monuments in the cavern. The twisted statues added an ominous ambience to the area.

The change of scenery prompted Diego to shift into his more heroic form. Although his name was Vhaqax, one would be able tell he was the successor to Shazam. The lightning that struck him served as a spark to ignite the crystal ball near him. It swirled with arcane energy before an ancient man materialized in an instant. The wizard seemed to radiate with a mystical aura. He went on to explain who he was and what was going on in the world, inviting them to ask questions. All of the information proved appetizing. This prompted the vampire, Scarlet, and shadow-dweller, Starschade, to ask first. Starschade's inital question caused Astes to raise an eyebrow. Odd. Scarlet's question caused him to grow irritable. Must we really dwell on that. He specifically said not to. He rolled his eyes. He threw his arms back as a golden light engulfed him. The light subsided, revealing Dr. Fate. The cosmos of the night sky danced throughout his clothing, while his golden cape flowed about. He levitated a few feet from the ground as he glided over to the Wizard.

"Excuse the poor listening skills of my company. But I do have a better question. What exactly are we supposed to do about the Calamity? How do we eradicate it?" Dr. Fate asked. He voice now having a slight reverb added to it.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
The Flash - Veronica Newman
Cave of Eternity

After what seemed to be forever, their train finally arrived. Veronica sighed with relief and hopped in. When they came out, Diego helped her down, but for some reason, she couldn't look him in the eye. What she stepped out into was another world entirely. The Cave of Eternity was a glorious, yet melancholy place, and Veronica couldn't help but feel more depressed than she already did. And yet amidst all that sadness, underneath the withered husk of the wizard, she could feel the power. And it comforted her. Of course, the muscled physique of Vhaqax helped. Diego was nice and all, but adding this to the package? She couldn't help but say "yum."

When the wizard started asking for questions, Veronica stood by. The last thing she wanted was to stand out right then. So the questions flowed from those all around her, but she had to ask herself, What do I want to know? I never asked for this anyway. And then she knew. It was something that Wally West had said at her doorstep, that she was CHOSEN by the Speed Force. "Why," she began, "Why was I chosen? I'm not anything special, I can't have some great destiny. What is my role to play in this sh*tfest? And like they said, what is this sh*tfest?"

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Ronin - A-001

Ronin leaned against a nearby wall and continued to silently watch the rest of the group with a neutral expression. He didn't figure anyone would want to talk to him about anything; people usually didn't. To his surprise though, a strange sort of electric fairy hailed him. "Hello Ronin. You interest me. Might I be allowed to improve your operational capacity? I believe I can remotely optimize your software and provide a 5% improvement to your systems. If you'd let me, of course."

He had to think about it for a moment, but after a few seconds shook his head. "No thank you," he said simply, then went back to being quiet. He didn't want anyone messing with his hardware or software unless it was for repairs. Especially software. Based on her interest though the fairy seemed knowledgeable with machinery, so he took comfort in knowing someone on the team was capable of repairing him should he ever be wounded. He didn't take as much comfort in being unsure if she wouldn't tinker with him while he was out of commission though.

Ronin's vision picked up the train coming down the tunnel a little bit before it arrived. Seeing how everyone else was switching into their uniforms, Ronin pulled a black handheld device out of his pocket with a single button on it, as well as his saber. Pressing the button, his arm was quickly covered in black armor as it continued to extend and expand over the rest of Ronin's body. His helmet formed last, the jewel on it shining red as it finished forming indicating the transformation was complete. Ronin holstered his saber and boarded the train as it arrived. After the brief moment of excitement from his armor forming, Ronin went back to being quiet with not much action besides watching the others. He was more used to learning about others through observation rather than conversation, if it wasn't obvious to anyone else already.

After bowing his head for the sake of respect as he passed the obelisks, Ronin stood back as the Vhaqax summoned a man who called himself the Wizard. He stayed silent, as he could not think of any questions that needed addressing. Anything he'd ask was something one of the other heroes would inevitably ask anyway. With all the questions being unloaded at a fast rate, Ronin was content to sit back and get ready to store any info learned in his practically infinite memory banks.

(OOC: Sorry for taking a while. Also, the device he used to activate his armor I pretty much just made up now, but I figured it was appropriate since everyone else was either already wearing their uniforms or had a means of shifting into it instantly.)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern - Max Hudson
Abandoned Subway Tunnel, New York City > Cave of Eternity

Shortly after his brief chat with Starfire, a train arrived, which Max was confused about. That's odd, I thought the trains stopped running a long time ago... This train was fancier than the kind of trains that normally ran in the subway. Everyone else boarded the train without much fuss, so Max shrugged his shoulders, and followed suit. After quick ride through the rails, it finally arrived at it's destination. What he stepped into was completely different from the abandoned subway station he was just in. They were in some type of ancient cavern, passing by all sorts weird looking statues and obelisks. Then Diego changed into his superhero costume, along with everyone else. Max was already in his costume, having already transformed earlier, but he found it funny that everyone had some way to magically change into their costume. It was like they were all magical girls from those cartoons he'd seen on TV. Then, a wizard man appeared to explain the situation, then he stopped to ask for questions

Starshade then proceeded ask about a "Heart of Darkness" which caused Max to raise an eyebrow.He wondered why he would ask about that? A Heart of Darkness sounded scary... There was already enough scary things in the world already. "Heart of Darkness? Why on earth would you need that? We want less darkness in this world, we don't need more of it!" He then thought of a question of his own question, and his eyes lit up when he figured out something to say. "As for my question, well... when can we get this party started?!" After he made that comment, he raised his arm, and used his ring to cast violet colored, heart shaped strobe lights all over the room like a disco ball of love. After his little display, he laughed sheepishly and stopped the lights. "Anyway, on a serious note, what do we have to do? I'm sure this group of colorful characters are here for a reason, right?"

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Starfire
Abandoned Downtown D Subway Tracks, 34th St Herald Square, Manhattan, NYC

The creature explained his reason for quitting the Titans early, and it was quite gruesome. I wanted to ask him what he meant by died, because he clearly was alive, but we were interrupted by a train pulling into the station. Lektra also could not get a reply from Doctor Fate nor do anything about the person who approached her for the same reason, though she was appreciative of the offer.

It was quite a strange looking train, not actually looking like one the humans used. And if I had to guess, I would have to say it was no ordinary train.

On the train, Doctor Fate noticed Lektra's smartphone. "Well you know how most spellcasters have a spellbook? Well, this smartphone is my spellbook. It also serves as my 'wand' of sorts, though I often cast from my fingers. Let's just call it my reference book and leave it at that." Explained Lektra as we were helped off the train by the gentleman who approached her earlier. And yes, he was quite the gentleman.

When he mentioned the Seven Deadly Sins while leading us through a cave tunnel, I immediately thought of the Sons of Trigon, but there seemed to be only a single entity chained up so I was confused about that. It was not important and we moved on.

Lektra
Same location

As we were led along by the one I assumed to be our leader, we got to the end of the hall. There was nothing there until he transformed with a bolt of lighting and summoned an old man with the residual lighting. Intriguing. I wondered how many other humans were capable of such transformations.

Not wanting to be outdone, I called out my own transformation spell. "Fairy Power! Sparklix!"

(Her transformation works like Tecna's Enchantix, but any green colors are yellow electricity and her outfit is a two piece as referenced in her SU form. The computer web lines originate from her smartphone. Of course there's no background, and she just transforms inside that sphere of electricity as referenced in the video.

Watch the video anyway to get an idea of how she transforms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSqR27eZqwg

Her circuit wings appear like Tecna's Believix wings, from circuit wires, but Lektra's wings are in a circuit pattern like inside microchips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y93Q7NX-FU&feature=player_detailpage#t=9

The final circuit pattern is like the wings in the following video, but with electric sparks mixed in and there's three wings like in the first video. It also has a lot of circuits in it (See Tecna's legs) like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5UaAZOedfw&feature=player_detailpage#t=53)

Exiting the electric sphere I had changed into my fairy form with the bright electric sparks around my circuit wings. I rather liked this form, but it was usually impractical to walk around with for long periods of time. It was quite useful as a light in dark places though, like that train tunnel which got lit up like a disco club. Being comfortable in her outfit all the time, Starfire didn't have any sort of transformation and just looked on at mine. "Glorious! It is the first time I saw that and it was simply glorious!" Star cheered me on. I was already in my fairy form when we met.

We were encouraged to ask questions, and while some asked useful questions others just joked about it. I was not at all surprised by what Starfire asked. "I would like to know if there is a force in existence that can bring back to life those who perished in the Calamity." Star inquired of the old man on the throne. "Especially my friends and deceased husband, who I miss very much. If it had not been for meeting Lektra as she arrived here and finding out she is an alien too I would have probably not been of this world." She had tears in her eyes and started sobbing at the feeling of losing everyone she cared about except her child, and I hugged her trying to comfort her. Though I couldn't express my emotion, I did feel sorry for her loss.

Still hugging Starfire to comfort her, I looked at the old man and decided to ask my question. "How long will I be needed in this dimension? By that I mean how long until there is another dimension in the multiverse that needs me more than this one?"

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Vhaqax- Diego Vendrix
Cave of Eternity

Vhaqax stood by and waited for the questions to be asked. The crystal ball of the Wizard levitated before it glowed, waiting to be seen by the wizard.

First, Lucy aka Scarlett the vampiress asked if the disaster was preventable.

"I am afraid not. The Calamity was not just an event, but a being of great power and madness whom defied the rules of life, magic, physics and a great deal to bring about this," The Wizard said to answer her question.

He then turned to Starshade and his eyebrows squinted to reveal a slight glare. "Your master will not recover, Starshade. Even if Eclipso was freed, the Spectre would still defeat him," he said ina grave tone before he lightened up a litte. "It is the Earth year 2020, in your date, June 1 and it is noon," he stated.

Next was Dr. Fate. Plastic Man raised an eyebrow. "Yup, that's Fate all right," he stated. The Wizard looked at Dr. Fate. "The Calamity has hidden itself away. Your duty is to free the world primarily. The secondary mission is to search for information on the Calamity. I fear it may resurface," The Wizard noted to them all with seriousness.

He then looked to the current champion of the Speed Force. He looked at her like a grandparent would to a child. With comforting words, he spoke to her: "Young child of the Speed Force, your fate is in your hands. You were chosen for reasons not yet understood. Do not fret, child of the Speed Force."

When the Violet Lantern made his disco-ball, Plastic Man decided to join the gag by transforming his head into a boom box and making noise roughly similar to electric dance music. Once is vanished, his head transformed to normal. "You were gathered here as it serves as a powerful sanctum of protection. You have been gathered to serve as a beacon of hope of justice in this dark age of fallen heroes. You were all summoned to restoe peace to the world once more," The Wizard said to the Purple Lantern.

Vhaqaz went and flew over to Starfire and placed a had on her shoulder in a show of camaraderie before The Wizard pondered. "I am afraid I do not know the answer. If there is a way to ressurect the fallen, then I am afraid it is beyond our knowledge. There is no absolute answer; my advice is not give up hope and live for your friends," The Wizard told her before facing Lektra.

"I am unsure of the last question also. However, you choose your fate. If you wish to settle down here, that is your choice ultimately," The Wizard said, answering the final question.

He then cleared his throat and settled back. Plastic Man then took stage. "All right everyone, question time is over. It's now time to discuss strategy," he said before making his hip a large strategy board. "All right then. Alot of the heroes kinda serve under the fallen Justice League or the Sentinel Syndicate. We have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Fernus formally known as Martian Manhunter, AquaMan and Green Lantern," he said as he made various figures appear.

Superman and Wonder Woman can't be reasoned with any more. That means we gotta trap them. Superman's weak to Kryptonite which we need to find and red star radiation, which would render him like a human. Wonder Woman can't be killed by normal means, but we do know that she could be killed the same way Hercules was killed, with the blood of the centaur, Nessus.

Green Lantern's also insane and he's still weak to yellow because of Parallax. Fernus is my job to take down since I've already done so. However, AquaMan and HawkMan... I think we can talk to them. Hawkman seems to be keeping to himself in Egypt and most fo Africa. We might be able to convince him to snap out of it. Aquaman and his wife suffer the loss of their son. However, his wife more so, to where a Red Lantern Ring found its way to her. Now Arthur has to let her fight or she'll die," he explained.

"Superman's still vulnerable to magic so Vhaqax is our main defense aganst him. Violet Lantern, according to The Wizard, you coulduse the Power of Love to crystalize lovers or something. We need you to helo Mera since removing a Red Lantern Ring could kill them since it replaces the heart. We'd need you to help her keep her alive," Plastic Man explained.

"All of you will go and try to find potential places where we can defeat the leaders and see what they known about the Calamity," Resurrection Man stated quietly.

"We've decides to pair you into partners in order to support one another. Vhaqax, you're with Starfire, Lektra, you're with Dr. Fate, Starshade, you're with the Violet Lantern, Flash, you're with Wraith and Ronin, you're with Scarlet," The Stranger said to them all.

"I suggest you all get aquainted. The next train is coming. If you have any questions about you may contribute specifically, you may ask," he added to them.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Wraith - Dennis Harrison (+)

The wizard proceeded to answer questions while Plastic Man preformed, in Wraith's opinion, a slightly annoying one man stand-up routine. Other people were trying to get information here. Though there was not a lot of detail in the replies.

The wizard didn't seem to mind that Wraith had neglected to ask a question. That was fine with Wraith. Hearing the other questions and answers, he didn't think there was anything else he really wanted to know. Of interest to him though, the wizard did not seem to know anything about resurrection. Wraith did not want to give Starfire false hope, but perhaps Burke or Amunemopet would know something, if either one could be located. He felt a familiar tinge of worry for the zombie girl, he hadn't seen her since the the Calamity. It made it harder to decide if he mention this idea to Starfire or not.

The wizard broke them off into pairs, instructed to get to know one another before the next train, and he was to be with Flash. Wraith glance over at the girl Flash. Taller than him (well, who wasn't?), and well built, with petty blue eyes and soft looking hair, tucked into her respirator mask. This was probably the first agreeable thing to happen all night. He couldn't hope to have a chance with her, even if they weren't post-Calamity, but at least he had a partner that was easy to look at. Better not look at her too long though, he decided, looking down, don't want to make her think I'm a creep.

Hopefully, he told himself, the next train would not take too long.

Scarlet - Lucy Carter

Scarlet looked excitedly around as the wizard announced they were pairing off. She was to be with Ronin? Oh, the depressingly emotionless guy with black hair and black armor? The one Lektra had offered to upgrade? Scarlet had no idea what that was about. . . but the emo thing was kinda cute.

Scarlet floated over to him, with a couple gentle flaps of her wings. Though this was wind enough to rustle nearby clothing, including her own dress. She lifted her right hand and set the tips of her manicured fingers on his smooth shoulder armor, “Hey Sugar, looks like we're going to be working together.”

There seemed to be a bit of a buzzing sensation. Was she feeling that or hearing it. It was vaguely familiar. . . the hum of electricity. As Lucy, she'd heard it occasionally before the Calamity, at night and other times, when there were no other noises. Now with her vampire hearing she could hear it clearly. . . Ah, Lektra's comment made sense now, he was a cyborg or android.

She tried to get a look at his eyes. They were a steely color, and rather realistic, but she couldn't help feeling that they were kind of empty. Ha! What did she care? She was a vampire! Her eyes were dark soulless voids!

Perfect. . . Scarlet smiled at him, “I think we're going to have a lot of fun together!”

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Ronin - A-001

After briefly turning his attention to Lektra as she transformed into a different form, Ronin went back to focusing on the wizard. His answers were unfortunately not very straightforward for the most part. Ronin had heard before most magic users are like that, but he always liked it when questions had definite answers. He supposed the wizard probably would've given one if there was a definite answer anyway. One thing was made clear however: there is more to them being here than dealing with heroes turned tyrants. There was a chance the Calamity would return, which as would be expected wasn't very comforting to Ronin. But unlike the others gathered, he was created to fight it. It was the reason he existed. At the very least, he'd be prepared.

Ronin heard wings flapping, but was still focused on the wizard when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He reflexively tensed up, but quickly went back to a more relaxed posture when he turned and saw that it was just his new partner. "My name is Ronin," he said, correcting her without sounding condescending. Her mistake was understandable, since she had appeared after he introduced himself, though he wondered what prompted her to call him "Sugar" instead.

Ronin studied her closely, which to other people might have appeared to have been for...less wholesome reasons. He considered her choice of attire odd, considering she would be presumably be fighting in that dress, not conversing at social functions. And it revealed way too much skin to possibly have a layer of body armor underneath. Looking into her black eyes, Ronin went through his backlog in his memory to try to figure out what she was supposed to be. Heroes commonly had a theme, as far as he was aware.

Matching up her appearance with different sources, Ronin was able to come to a conclusion. A vampire...interesting. Certainly not anything Ronin had much experience with himself. Though, it did make Ronin briefly wonder if he was chosen as her partner specifically because he had no blood to entice her with. "Fun..." Ronin took a moment to consider the word. It certainly wasn't how he saw his work. "If you get enjoyment out of combat, then I agree that we shall likely be having...'fun' very soon," Ronin commented, looking back at the smiling Scarlet with his trademark neutral expression. "Either way, I am looking forward to working with you in the field."

Suddenly reminded about the Phantom Stranger telling to ask questions about how they can contribute, Ronin spoke up. "I believe I know a way to maximize our team's level of contribution. I deduce Scarlet's and my own powers would be best utilized if we were to head to South America: Fernus' domain. As I am an android and Scarlet is presumably undead, or has undead qualities from being a vampire, his telepathic abilities would have little to no effect on us." Ronin had done a bit of research since the Phantom Stranger met him in Siberia. Though he still wasn't too knowledgeable on the world's current affairs, he had been sure to take the time to learn the abilities of the current heroes-turned-tyrants. If Scarlet was indeed a vampire, then he assumed it meant she was also undead, and her being partially dead would at the very least weaken telepathic abilities...or at least that's what Ronin deduced.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Starchade - Alexander 'Alec' Eberhart
Abandoned Subway tunnel - New York City

In an orderly fashion, the Wizard of Oz answered all the questions of the group. His answer to Alec's question about the Dark Heart and Eclipso seemed more of a threat. Oh well, no help in that old geezer. The other questions were more or less boring to him, and he didn't bother to pay much attention to it. After some time, the actual briefing came, and Alec started paying attention again. It seemed like Hawkman and Aquaman were able to being talked into reason, if not threatened and tormented into cooperation, as Deathstroke had taught him would work in most cases. "All of you will go and try to find potential places where we can defeat the leaders and see what they known about the Calamity," the creepy Ressurection Man said, before the Phantom Stranger started talking again about pairing the group into duos in order to cover as much area as possible.

As fate would have it, Alec was paired with the overly flamboyant What's-his-name violet Lantern. The briefing they received also said that the violet Lantern would travel to find Aquaman and try and save his wife, Mera, from her Red Lantern Ring. That was decent enough, while the two lanterns fought amongst themselves, Alec could sit by and watch. "Love conquers all", wasn't that a part of the guys motto? If anything, Alec could aid in talking to Aquaman about... whatever needed to be talked about. Though the plan itself was more or less simple, Alec dreaded having to be paired with the Lantern. He stil felt an incredibly awkward feel from the sudden kiss, and he would have to shut this guy out completely in order to remain cool and tactical, as Deathstroke had taught him.

Walking over to the violet Lantern, Alec decided he'd try and be a decent human being, and introduce himself properly. "Hi.. I'm Alec." he said, holding out his hand in an overdone fake friendly gesture. Though he was sincere, it was difficult for him having to actually be nice to someone. It was going to be a difficult trip for sure..

Last edited:

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Cave of Eternity

When freaking Gandalf finished answering all of the questions, Veronica just stood in awe. What. The f*cking crap. Was that. Finally, finally she felt as though she could get some answers. Her parents were dead. She had lived alone for 8 years. She was thrust into a world of super powers, tyrannical gods, and fast living. It wasn't even that she was mad at the wizard. Or the Speed Force. Hell, she wasn't even pissed at the world. She was just... mad. How unfair was the whole situation? It was like the Fates were toying with her. And all she got was that she didn't understand yet? Veronica could have screamed right then and there. But she didn't, and that was because it made a little bit of sense to her. He had previously mentioned how the Calamity was an entity, its own dark blablabla. If that was the case... Then this all might literally be the acts of a capricious god. Great. As if god-like people weren't enough...

As she stared off into space, intently contemplating these things, she noticed that Dumbledore had decided to pair her up with the little dude, which was fine with her. Even though he was probably staring at her boobs. It was kind of cute. In a way, Veronica respected the hooded midget-ghost-Casper-whatever. She was nervous, weak, and ridiculously publicly emotional. On the other hand, this guy was quiet, intent, self-assured, powerful, indestructible, and singularly emotionless. As quickly as she had assessed him, he averted his beady little eyes. Daww.... He was staring at my boobs, wasn't he? Veronica was endeared to him in a weird, ghosty type of way. Sure, he was probably her age or older, but he was cute like a young teenage boy. That was weird. She tilted her head. "So.... Danny, was it? Nice to work with you. The name's Veronica." She stuck out her hand. "Let's get along, shall we?" Veronica winked. "And I have a feeling we'll get along really well. Actually, scratch that. No flirting from this end for now. So tell me about yourself. I mean, my powers are pretty straightforward... How about you?"

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Scarlet - Lucy Carter

Ronin, as expected of an emo robot, did not seem amused, “My name is Ronin. . . Fun. . . If you get enjoyment out of combat, then I agree that we shall likely be having. . . 'fun' very soon. . . Either way, I am looking forward to working with you in the field.”

Ronin, who'd clearly spaced-out, then suggested they be permitted to go after a target that had been assigned to Plastic Man. Sure, Plastic Man was kinda funny, but that didn't mean he needed help with his target. Scarlet just smiled though, she didn't really feel like pointing that out

Wraith - Dennis Harrison (+)

The train wasn't fast enough. Girl Flash approached Wraith, “So.... Danny, was it? Nice to work with you. The name's Veronica,” she offered to shake hands, “Let's get along, shall we?” and winked, “And I have a feeling we'll get along really well. Actually, scratch that. No flirting from this end for now. So tell me about yourself. I mean, my powers are pretty straightforward. . . How about you?”

She was kind of chatty, and seemed a bit confident. Well, that could work out alright, Wraith was a bit shy at times, and usually preferred to listen. Wraith didn't take her hand, as he really didn't like to shake hands, but nodded politely, then scratched his neck, “It's Dennis actually. But most people call me Wraith. I don't care, you can call me whichever you prefer, it's not like I have any civilian connections I'm protecting. . . My powers. Well, I can see the future, and the past, sometimes, when I touch people or things. Sorry, that's why I don't like to shake hands. . . I can become intangible and walk through walls, and accelerate in that state, and I can see in the dark, pitch dark. . . and apparently I don't stay dead.”

Wraith tried again to smile, he didn't normally talk that much, but Veronica seemed easy to talk too. She'd already nixed any flirtation, so though she was cute, she'd already confirmed that he didn't have to worry about what she'd think about him. For now. Wraith clenched his fingers at the last thought. She'd said for now, nah, no way, she couldn’t have meant that seriously.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
(Starfire and Lektra are separating at this point, so the post will no longer flow from one character into the other)

Starfire
Cave of Eternity

His answer was.......disconcerting. If I understood this correctly, he was just saying he did not know. I had stopped sobbing when the one called Vhaqax placed an arm on my shoulder, but since I did not get much of an answer I just held his hand for comfort. Not out of anything else but just to hold the hand. By this time Lektra had flown off to talk to Doctor Fate, her wings shimmering and sparking.

I was a bit surprised when the person who's hand I was holding was to be my partner, but it helped that he had been a gentleman to me the whole time. We did not know each other well, but we would eventually so it might be a good idea to start now in a positive manner.

I moved his hand to rest on my waist and hugged him tightly. "Friend, thank you for comforting me. It seems we will be spending some time together, so I hope you like hugs." I was not completely over being sad before, but the way he looked out for me was nice and I felt like I had to hug him. I then let go, unsure if I hurt him.

"We are to kick the butt of Superman? Is that even possible without Kryptonite?" I knew enough about the League to know about that.

Lektra
Same location, for now

Effectively the Wizard had no idea about my question. The way he answered it and a couple of others seemed to imply he wasn't all knowing, just knew a lot. Oh well, it was worth a shot anyway. I snuck a scan of him for my records, hoping he wouldn't notice but he probably would anyway.

I then floated off to meet my partner since Starfire seemed to be taken care of more or less. I saw she had started to hug the one called Vhaqax to thank him for being nice and to get to know him better. Maybe a little too much too quickly. I looked over at Dr. Fate and waved at him with my right hand.

"Hi, I'm Lektra Bolt, Fairy of Electronics. We didn't get to talk very much before before and on the train. What kind of magic do you specialize in?" I tried to ask that as politely as I could, since I'd already scanned him before and three spots on his person came up hot as magical objects. "I like magical technology, effectively combining magic and science. It seems preposterous, but I assure you I can make it work."

I then scanned him a couple of times with my phone again from different angles, floating around, reading the data without needing to read the screen itself. "Hmm, yes, definitely a strong one though maybe not experienced yet. I think we can become good friends, though."

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Vhaqax- Diego Vendrix
Cave of Eternity

If he were in his human form, the massive hug might have hurt him a good deal. However, he happily accepted the hug in his superform before he hugged her back. "Yeah, I'm a huggy person. I've been one since I was a child," he said to her with a smile. "So whenever you need to hug, I'm here for one," Vhaqax said to her with a smile. His face then went mildly serious when she spoke of Superman.

"I am not sure. Superman has always been vulnerable to magic, but his meditating near the Sun has probably made him much more resistant. Which is why we need to find some Kryptonite," he said to her.

"That's why you were brought here," Plastic Man said to Vhaqax. "Anyway, I've been thinking about it and I think I know what the best match regarding which hero should fight which villain," Plastic Man said before he made figures using his plastic body.

"Vhaqax and Starfire should use their super strength and flight to help fight Superman. However, you guys should probbaly try and find some Kryptonite," he said.

"Flash and Wraith, you guys take on Wonder Woman. You both know how to dodge and avoid her blows. You need to be able to find a way to beat her. Though according to legend, Centaur's Blood might do something," he explained to them.

"Dr. Fate, I suggest you and Lektra venture into Egypt and convince Hawkman to become an ally. He among with Aquaman are the most disattached from the group and we may able to get his cooperation," The Stranger suggested to them.

"Violet Lantern, you and Starshade must find Aquaman and do the same. The main way would be to cure his wife of the possession of the Red Ring. Once it's removed, be sure to encase her in crystal to preserve her so Resurrection Man may heal her," he explained to him.

"That just leaves Fernus to me and Lantern to you. Ronin and Scarlet, you have your work cut out, but Lantern's currently pretty out of it and I think that yellow weakness may still apply. That just leaves Bats, bu we'll discuss that later," Plastic Man said before the train arrived and Vhaqax helped the others on it.

"I think we should head to the ruins of Metropolis. We should probably not use our powers to avoid getting caught," he explained to Star.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Violet Lantern - Max Hudson
Cave of Eternity

It was good to know that in spite this whole calamity business, the new Justice League wasn't all doom and gloom all the time. The Violet Lantern laughed and applauded as the electric fairy lady who had called herself Lektra earlier had gone through a much more elaborate transformation scene than everyone else in the room. Even his own transformation wasn't as glamorous as hers was. Plastic Man had transformed into a Boom Box, and started making electronic dance music. No one else seemed to mind the little display either. That was nice, because there was no point in being uptight and sad all the time. After it was over, Mr. Wizard man proceeded to answer his question. "You were gathered here as it serves as a powerful sanctum of protection. You have been gathered to serve as a beacon of hope of justice in this dark age of fallen heroes. You were all summoned to restoe peace to the world once more," Max nodded his head, and accepted the answer.

After all the questions were answered, the actual briefing came. Apparently, out of all the superheroes that had gone mad, it seemed like Hawkman and Aquaman were the only ones who hadn't gone completely insane, and were able to be reasoned with. Max was then told that he would be working with that Starshade guy, which caused Max to laugh out loud. It seemed like destiny itself wanted him to brighten the shadowy one's day, and bring a little love into his life. The two of them were to travel to find Aquaman and convince him to join their cause. Max's mood changed when they mentioned the next part, Both Aquaman and his wife suffered from the loss of their son, but especially his wife. So much so, that a red lantern ring had found it's way to her. Now he has to let her fight, and give in to her rage, or else she'll die. Max frowned, and sighed. "Oh my gosh! That is absolutely awful!" All of sudden, Max felt bad for Aquaman, and couldn't really blame him for siding with the corrupted heroes. The loss of both your wife and child must have been terrible. He lost his own loved ones in the tragedy, so he could totally relate. Thankfully, Max was here to save the day. Violet Lanterns are immune to the Light of Rage, and could remind her of her love, and shut down her ring. The trouble was, the red ring replaced her hearts, so once the ring was off, she would need to be crystallized until she could be healed. That was why rage was so awful, once you surrender to it, it consumes you completely. Love was a much better, after all Love conquers all! Love never killed anybody, If anything, it made people feel better.

As Max was thinking about all these things, Starshade decided to act nice, and introduced himself. "Hi.. I'm Alec." he said, holding out his hand for him to shake it. The guy seemed a bit nervous about approaching him though, but that was to be expected.

Max giggled, and happily shook his hand. "Hehe! Hi! My name's Max! See? I knew it! I told ya you couldn't run from love! I tend to be right about these kinds of things!" He said with a wink. "Now we're working together! This will be great! So, anyway, since we're gonna be dealing with Aquaman, it looks like we're going under the sea!" He put his arm around Alec's shoulders, and created a violet bubble around the two of them. "Breathing underwater won't be a problem, the ring lets me travel through space, then surely we can go underwater together!" He removed the bubble, but kept his arm around the other guy's shoulders. "So, I guess while I take on Mera, you have a word with Aquaman...?" Max bit his lip nervously. Considering the way this guy acted, he wasn't entirely sure how convincing he would be. "I just hope you're a good talker... I do need Aquaman and Mera together in order for this to work. Mera needs to feel love in order for that nasty red ring to come off. Try not to get him more upset than he already is, and everything will be fine!"

Last edited:

Le Prince de Fées

Spirit Conductor
Dr. Fate
Cave of Eternity

The Wizard fielded the questions of the heroes with only the expertise that could belong to someone so ancient. Dr. Fate listened intently to the answers provided. The Wizard confirmed that they were to learn more about the Calamity. It seemed that he was just as clueless as they were in that regard. Dr. Fate understood that this was a top priority for him, since research was an area of familiarity for him.

Plastic Man and Vhaqax chimed in to give a rundown of the former heroes and their current states. The team was split into pairings to deal with the opposition through means of combat, diplomacy, or whatever else their adversary would best respond to. Dr. Fate was paired with the woman that he spoke with earlier. She was a fairy of some sort and a talented weilder of a magic that he never encountered before meeting her. Needless to say, he was excited to be working with her.

The fairy came over to Dr. Fate. She introduced herself. She asked about his powers as she scanned him with her phone and explained her own abilities. He felt slightly violated, but he respected her eagerness.

"Nice to make you acquaintance Lektra. As you cna see, I am the remarkable Dr. Fate. You use magic and technology, huh? That's an innovative pursuit that is sure to yeild an interesting outcome." Dr. Fate said. He continued, "As for me, my magic is more...conventional so to speak. I draw my power from the relics that I possess as well as the Egyptian gods that I invoke. I am fully capable of using magic without the relics, but they certainly do add to my strength."

The Stranger instructed them to head to Egypt. They were to investigate Hawkman. He seemed to be one of the few former heroes to keep his wits, which would make having a civil discussion that much more likely.

"What do you say Lektra. Shall we be on our way?" Dr. Fate asked.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Ronin - A-001
Cave of Eternity

Ronin paused as Plastic Man explained that he had Fernus covered. After doing a quick check in his backlog he realized he had already said he was going to handle Fernus himself and Ronin had simply not been paying attention, prioritizing what the Wizard said instead. Embarrassment... it was not an emotion he was used to. It still seemed like a good suggestion to him, but if Plastic Man had it covered...well, he knew what he'd suggest if Plastic Man failed, at least.

For now he prioritized his new assigned target: the Green Lantern. He looked away from Plastic Man to the smiling Scarlet. "Hm. I...apologize for not paying attention earlier. It is unlike me to look over critical info like that." Ronin shook his head. It was a reminder that he may be a machine, but like any human being he was not infallible.

Ronin looked at Scarlet curiously. He remembered her not looking so confident earlier as a regular girl. Indeed, her stature matched her level of charisma in either form. Perhaps she felt more comfortable in her powered form? Ronin could understand the feeling somewhat; he always feels more capable whenever he has his armor on, which is why he usually doesn't take it off.

Knowing now his target was the Green Lantern, Ronin changed to focus his thought process on fighting him instead of Fernus. "Regardless, we must devise a plan to defeat the Green Lantern. His power to will anything into shape, combined with the extra power from having multiple rings, provides quite the challenge. Direct combat is out of the question; not without immense power to overcome his creations, or agility to move faster than he can create. Discretion will be needed. We must think of a plan to trick him into leaving himself open, or otherwise catch him off guard."

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Scarlet - Lucy Carter

Plastic man announced Scarlet and Ronin would be going after the Green Lantern. And that he may still be affected by Yellow. Hmm, neither of them had any yellow.

Ronin looked a Scarlet, commenting, “Hm. I...apologize for not paying attention earlier. It is unlike me to look over critical info like that,” and shaking his head. Scarlet giggled lightly.

He seemed to be looking her over, did androids feel attraction. He spoke again, all business, “Regardless, we must devise a plan to defeat the Green Lantern. His power to will anything into shape, combined with the extra power from having multiple rings, provides quite the challenge. Direct combat is out of the question; not without immense power to overcome his creations, or agility to move faster than he can create. Discretion will be needed. We must think of a plan to trick him into leaving himself open, or otherwise catch him off guard.”

“Uugh, we gotta plan?” complained Scarlet, “well, I am strong an agile, but how strong and agile are we talking?” before getting distracted, “Ooh. . . how many rings does he have now?”

The train pulled back into the station. Why had it even left? Vhaqax was helping others on-board, like gentleman. Scarlet gave him a flirtatious smile as she boarded. He was pretty good looking guy, and all those muscles.

She looked back at Ronin, “So then, we should try and find some yellow, right?”

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Cave of Eternity

Veronica awkwardly stood there with her hand stretched out. Was he going to leave her hanging? The little dude bobbed what seemed to be its head and said, “It's Dennis actually. But most people call me Wraith. I don't care, you can call me whichever you prefer, it's not like I have any civilian connections I'm protecting. . . My powers. Well, I can see the future, and the past, sometimes, when I touch people or things. Sorry, that's why I don't like to shake hands. . . I can become intangible and walk through walls, and accelerate in that state, and I can see in the dark, pitch dark. . . and apparently I don't stay dead.” So they were on a first name basis now. Veronica held back tears. Dammit, not again. This whole deal has made me such a crybaby. But it's been so long... She stared at him. It's been so long since I've had a friend. It had only been hours since she met this man, but there was an unmistakable bond. And she hadn't had a bond since 8 years ago.

"Flash and Wraith, you guys take on Wonder Woman. You both know how to dodge and avoid her blows. You need to be able to find a way to beat her. Though according to legend, Centaur's Blood might do something," said Plastic Man. Veronica giggled at how stupid the situation was. Plastic Man was always on the wrong end of jokes made about superheroes, and now, here he was, ushering in the era of the new Justice League. Wonder Woman was every little girl's hero, and now she was about to kill her. And above all else, it would still be a while before she got used to being called Flash. At least she had someone she could confide in.

Looking down to her side, she patted Wraith on the head affectionately. "So, little man, I'm wondering why I got stuck with you, seeing as I could have just had a Girl's Night Out." She nodded towards Starfire and Lektra, who seemed to be getting on fine by themselves. She put her hands behind her head, and sighed. "But I suppose if you're as smart as you look," she knelt down to get at eye level with him. Putting her hands on her hips, she gazed into his red eyes, as though looking for imperfections. Then she hugged him. "You'll do." Then Veronica started to cry. After a bit, she got back up and wiped her eyes. "I kinda miss having girl friends to do this kind of stuff with. Sorry if that was awkward." Walking back over to Plastic Man, who she was just now noticing to be older than she remembered, she asked, "So where the heck are we supposed to find Centaur Blood? I don't think I've seen a lot around lately."