• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

K-Hots' Fakemon

Hoshiko-chan

.::Play with fire::.
It... remindes me of a golem. Lol, mabey even a Gorilla XD!

Anyways, I love them honestly! I don't think they're non-pokemon-like. They look like pokemon to me o_o. Mabey I'm missing something... Ah well, Your an amazing artest! The robot-type-thing is incredable(sp?)!

khots

焉知非福
Rofl this is the randomest fakemon thread I've ever seen! Lol's partically at the ice cube bird, the cat-like thing in a can and the thing that resembles four pieces of toast stuck together, also the "computer mouse" one, OMG that cracks me up!!! Yeah these don't like much like pokemon but if the aim was to make creatures that would me me laugh out loud literally, then hell you've done a great job! :D

to tell the truth, yes, the examples you pointed are the ones that i like as well. the can is one of my favourites.
i don't know if the above is a compliment. >.<
anyways. i doubt that anyone still uses a computer mouse with a roller ball? i guess this fakemon will not last that long.

khots, I can help narrow down what makes these guys rather un-Pokémony.

- Even if it's just fluff, there's no assigned names, Pokédex entries, or types, which Fakemon usually have.
- The size of the Fakemon are almost all consistent, except in the lines that evolve. There's few that speak to be very large or very small outside of evolutionary lines.
- Most Pokémon, if they are based upon an inanimate object or are wearing clothing, have it greatly abstracted. Your Fakemon tend to have an inorganic look - they're very clearly an object like a fire hydrant, piece of bread, rocket, etc, and not very much an animal.
- The glossy coloring is very unlike the official art. The official art looks smoother and the colors are more subdued. The glossy coloring is more a feature found on Neopets. Here's a comparison:
89644198yc9.png

Some of this may be a stylistic thing of yours, but it's problematic in that it makes some of your creatures unconvincing Pokémon.

-i'm very sorry to say that among the points that you've pointed out, the only one that i think i can really change is the coloring style. i use basic colors because they are all on the photoshop swatch that are fast to choose from. i'll try to make them less glossy, but it'll be slower to complete.
-about the dex, type, names etc, i might add it to them when i have the time. but as i've said before, those are quite random. type-wise, i'm hoping that they can be recognized through their color and design.
well, in a production line, the character designers do not really name the characters. the producer does this. as for move sets and stuff, the game designer does his job on that. XD, so i consider myself as the character designer.
-as leaderfraser pointed out above, the in-organic stuff are kinda special in my fakemons. i have to accept that the hydrant is too obvious, but actually i do have my concepts in them. the hydrant is in a dog when i wanted to get a water pokemon and saw a water valve on my working table. on developing the idea, i came up with a hydrant as its evolution. then when i searched 'hydrant' on images.google, there were a few images with dogs in them... so the hydrant dog came from this. and thus it's fireman-like outfit.
-as for size, i think that will be solved when most of them are evolved. :)

Anyways...is that uncolored Fakemon a fennel? It's what comes to mind.

HEY!! where'd you get this thing as an answer???
hahaha!
it's not exactly the correct answer, but i consider this right enough.
the fakemon is a ginger
gingere.jpg

Last edited:

P13

I was thinking it looked like a ginger root, but I was confused by the question, since ginger isn't an animal :p

goinGreen

&lt;-I herd u Liek me?
Oh my god! Those are insane! Do you take requests?

goinGreen

&lt;-I herd u Liek me?

goinGreen

&lt;-I herd u Liek me?

goinGreen

&lt;-I herd u Liek me?

Ket Shi

Come on and SLAM!
Cool, I guess I won! I saw it as a fennel because I love eating fennel.

I guess the naming/descriptions things are alright, if you view yourself as just doing the art, but the inorganic thing could be a problem. I'm interested in seeing what expansions new evolutions will make on your smaller Fakemon!

mangaeyes

I see you are still doing the neopet fakemon...I know it must sound like I really hate them but...well...I do. There kiddish and anoying. They are very well drawn, way better than I could do, and I really think that if you had a tiny nudge in the right direction you could make amazing fakemon. Try making them more beastly or frightening or more of an animal then just an object with a face.

Rick_Myers

mangaeyes-your doing it yet again. yes you can have your own opinion, but everyone has their own friggan style, and if he wishes to draw them this way thats fine by me, they look great. not every fakemon has to be a sugimori rip-off.

mangaeyes

mangaeyes-your doing it yet again. yes you can have your own opinion, but everyone has their own friggan style, and if he wishes to draw them this way thats fine by me, they look great. not every fakemon has to be a sugimori rip-off.

Your flaming me for having my own opinion? Well next time you see something you don't like can you not flame and spam in my own art thread? Thanks. I'm only giving him CC which is what your supposed to do in art threads but you wouldn't know about that seeing as you only flame people like you did in my art thread.

k-hots I only said what I said because I believe that you want to draw fakemon right? Well these don't look like fakemon and like I said before if you had a push in the right direction then you could really do some great fakemon! Not all of these look bad in my own opinion its just most of them are a bit kiddish. You can have kiddish pokemon but some of them need to be scary and you need different styles. I know I must sound horrible and I'm really sorry because I am not horrible but I know your a good artist you just need to take on board some of our suggestions. In my opinion they are not vert fakemon-ish but they are good.

khots

焉知非福
Your flaming me for having my own opinion? Well next time you see something you don't like can you not flame and spam in my own art thread? Thanks. I'm only giving him CC which is what your supposed to do in art threads but you wouldn't know about that seeing as you only flame people like you did in my art thread.

k-hots I only said what I said because I believe that you want to draw fakemon right? Well these don't look like fakemon and like I said before if you had a push in the right direction then you could really do some great fakemon! Not all of these look bad in my own opinion its just most of them are a bit kiddish. You can have kiddish pokemon but some of them need to be scary and you need different styles. I know I must sound horrible and I'm really sorry because I am not horrible but I know your a good artist you just need to take on board some of our suggestions. In my opinion they are not vert fakemon-ish but they are good.

ok, don't argue about flaming here. i can take any heavy blows. but don't argue about it.
-
well. maybe there's too much sugar in my fakemons? but as i've explained before, they are mostly basics. and, from my point of view, most, if not all basic pokemons are rather cute. or at least small / chubby.
just drag the thread towards almost the end. in your opinion, mangaeyes, the eagle line, the wood line, and the panda doesn't change your opinion on that? hmm...
-=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=-
so the correct answer is ginger???

yes, GINGER is the exact answer, but i'm taking ket-shi's fennel because it's close enough to be a line in it's evolution. which, i'm now considering.

I was thinking it looked like a ginger root, but I was confused by the question, since ginger isn't an animal :p

XD. it was not really meant to be a trick question here. but a lot of people are saying 'animals' when referring to what pokemons are based on so i used the word as well. and it would be all so obvious if i said "animal or plant" in my question. if i were someone guessing, i'd direct all my answers towards plants if the question was asked this way.
thanks for teen-robot and goin-green for the double post and quadraple post of compliments. XD. but i'm not taking requests yet. because ket-shi has won the request question~ XD
Cool, I guess I won! I saw it as a fennel because I love eating fennel.

I guess the naming/descriptions things are alright, if you view yourself as just doing the art, but the inorganic thing could be a problem. I'm interested in seeing what expansions new evolutions will make on your smaller Fakemon!

well, i guess nobody likes to eat 'ginger'.
let's just wait and see. i'm kinda busy+lazy of late. hmm..
anyways, you've won yourself a request. and if anything you'd like me to draw, please just say it. i did a bit of coloring for mangas before, so if u have some line-art, i could color them also. or just some drawings of pokemons, machines, cute stuff, or even live drawing... i don't know... but i guess the above are some stuff that i'm more confident in doing and doing quite well. maybe if you requested drawing babes, then i'd be most happy about it. XD
and one more thing... i'm going to your thread to say it. XD...

Last edited:

mangaeyes

Okay khots sorry. What I should have said is that most of your fakemon are neopet-ish. Your eagle line, wood line and fire line have cahnged my opinion. What I will say now is make some of them less-cute and more evolutions.

Sorry if I seem horrible but I would just like to point out that I think your a good artist and I have never or will never say that your a rubbish artist. Its all my own opinion. I try to make Constructive Critisism and I sound too horrible then please just tell me in a polite way.

Last edited:

khots

焉知非福
Okay khots sorry. What I should have said is that most of your fakemon are neopet-ish. Your eagle line, wood line and fire line have cahnged my opinion. What I will say now is make some of them less-cute and more evolutions.

Sorry if I seem horrible but I would just like to point out that I think your a good artist and I have never or will never say that your a rubbish artist. Its all my own opinion. I try to make Constructive Critisism and I sound too horrible then please just tell me in a polite way.

well, i don't see any comments as none constructive. if any comments doesn't make me better at drawing, they make me a better person.
you don't need to say sorry for that.
but there's one thing that really annoyed me that you've said. and since i'm here, i'd put it up.
when you asked about the japanese character things, i was quite annoyed by you not trusting me on it. and that you'd rather believe someone who only knows one of the characters than a person who's so sure and gave an evidence to support.
i was quite ****** by that because all i wanted to do is to help.
but then, there are lots of things that you've not understand about asia. i would really appreciate it if you take some time and understand the relationships between the chinese culture and japanese culture, and also the history behind asian culture.
anyways. maybe i'm being a nut head. but i'm just saying it out so that i feel better myself. and you're still a young kid. so i have no problem forgetting it. cheers

mangaeyes

Oh...sorry I really didn't mean to offend you. The only reason I took Clockworkz word over yours is because I know him outside of the forums and thats all its nothing to do with you...also I'm 14 and not really that young so I think that if I did upset you then its my fault not my age and I'm really sorry.
Anyway I'm glad we cleared all this up. I like your fakemon although I think that they can sometimes be a bit kiddish and not mature enough. I think your a great artist. Think you could do some legendary fakemon?

khots

焉知非福
i'm still cracking my head over what i should do for my legendaries.
i wanted to do something stupid. XD. but i'm so scared that it'll spoil the whole thread. XD.
mew, serebii, jiriachi, manaphy are all cute legandaries. but i guess most people would choose the cats or the dragons over them. my personal favourite legandary would be kyogre.
still cracking my head over it. but not trying anything real seriously about the ideas yet. hope that i'll be inspired by something tomorrow. XD.
anyways. back to the drawing board now. XD. and maybe post some non-cute and dislikable fakemons. XD.