• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Heracross lost :(

Well thats annoying, I was hoping for him to take care of Venusaur for us.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Shiftry defeated Swellow? This is nearly as upsetting as Heracross losing when he's usually such a feirce competitor. Solarbeam? Ah well, I suppose it was innevitable really. Now there are two Pokémon in the main group who know the attack though, kind of makes me feel something is being foreshadowed, although I'm not quite sure what.

Hunter
On bulbagarden they said that it was first Sceptile vs. shiftry and sceptile won and Ash withdrew Sceptile after the battle to reserve for the future. Or maybe I'm interpreting it wrong according to what the person said.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
ghost master said:
On bulbagarden they said that it was first Sceptile vs. shiftry and sceptile won and Ash withdrew Sceptile after the battle to reserve for the future. Or maybe I'm interpreting it wrong according to what the person said.

Well I'm not sure about bulbagarden, but you should never really trust bulbapedia.

Aldrius

Orange Champion
I'd think he'd start out with Sceptile, it having just regained it's moves.

*Shrug* Just my opinion.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
According to pokeani from my translation which isnt good at all but ill take a whack at it.
Sceptile vs. Shiftry- Sceptile won and ash called it back
Heracross vs. Venasaur- Venasaur won
Venasaur vs. Swellow- Swellow won
Claydol vs. Swellow- Claydol won
Claydol vs. Sceptile- Sceptile won

Like i said i could be wrong, since my translation in not good, if wrong please correct it.

Magus

Fog Trainer
Big thumbs down for not letting Heracross be the one to knock out Venusaur. All I've got to say. What was the point of bringing him back just to lose?

Magus said:
Big thumbs down for not letting Heracross be the one to knock out Venusaur. All I've got to say. What was the point of bringing him back just to lose?

Exactly my thoughts.

And dear heavens, Gravy is NOT going to be happy. All the while, he was adamant on Sceptile not learning Solarbeam, and here it has....Frankly, I'm disappointed, too. Gravy swept me up and away in his logic, and I agree this really goes against Sceptile's style -_-

Currently hating the writers for royally screwing over Spenser's battle D= I wish they had showcased Sceptile in Anabel's episode, as I really don't care about her at all. What I wanted here was an awesome fight with reasonable KOs. Instead we get Sceptile showing off its blooming backside ;-;

Oh well, at least I like Sceptile. If the spotlight went to Charizard, I would have to maim a small animal.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

JazzJazz

Did Ash send heracross back to Oak's at the end of the episode? I'm really hoping that he didn't, but I'm assuming that he did...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Heh, it is amusing to see Gravy proven wrong with a lot of his arguments though. :p

He always has a lot of great points as to why something should or should not happen, but then the writers prove him wrong and do it anyway. Fate is cruel ay?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
And dear heavens, Gravy is NOT going to be happy. All the while, he was adamant on Sceptile not learning Solarbeam, and here it has....Frankly, I'm disappointed, too. Gravy swept me up and away in his logic, and I agree this really goes against Sceptile's style -_-

Gravy's already not happy about it, go read the spec thread, and would you people stop complaining about how it contradicts it's fighting style, fully evolved pokemon in my opinion should learn one of the most powerful type moves that they can learn, and who's to say the writers haven't found a way to incorperate the move into it's fighting style, it can be done you know.

Currently hating the writers for royally screwing over Spenser's battle D= I wish they had showcased Sceptile in Anabel's episode, as I really don't care about her at all. What I wanted here was an awesome fight with reasonable KOs. Instead we get Sceptile showing off its blooming backside ;-;

Heracross at least did something that i can't wait to see in the episode pics, Swellow has just become the best "bird flyer" that Ash has had to date,(pidgeot has nothing on him.) and considering the previous episode was all about Sceptile plus the fact he was the only pokemon to lose a battle back as a Grovyle in the arena, he rightfully deserves screen vengence.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Bloody hell. Not only did Heracross get the shaft, they just had to go and give Jukain solarbeam didn't they? And to think I was looking foreward to this. --;

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Heracross said:
Bloody hell. Not only did Heracross get the shaft, they just had to go and give Jukain solarbeam didn't they? And to think I was looking foreward to this. --;

i actually was thinking that it would in this battle i don't know why, and does anyone know what TR was doing in the episode, i hope they are moping after Sceptile killed thier pokemon last episode hehehehe..........

Heracross

Custom User Title
I suppose I should be happy that he appeared at all, but to be honest, I would have rather he just stayed at Ookido's lab than being KO'ed in the first round.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Heracross said:
I suppose I should be happy that he appeared at all, but to be honest, I would have rather he just stayed at Ookido's lab than being KO'ed in the first round.

at least Heracross will give us something to laugh at when the pictures show up, i can't wait to see Venusaurs facial expression.

Magus

Fog Trainer
Solar Beam's charge-up time is bad for Sceptile's high-speed fighting style, but...he doesn't actually have to stand still while charging, does he? If he can still jump around to dodge attacks while he charges, it's not too bad.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Judging by Munchlax's Solarbeam, I'm doubting whether Sceptile's has any charge up time at all.

Great, who wants to bet that May's Bulbasaur learns Solarbeam from Ash's Bulbasaur back at Oaks? Then we'll have 4 Pokemon with the main group that know Solarbeam. :/

Did Ash send heracross back to Oak's at the end of the episode? NOone has answered that yet!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Nintendo Theatre said:
Did Ash send heracross back to Oak's at the end of the episode? NOone has answered that yet!

well no one's answered mine about what TR was doing in this episode but oh well......

Magus

Fog Trainer
CyberCubed said:
Judging by Munchlax's Solarbeam, I'm doubting whether Sceptile's has any charge up time at all.
Point taken.

CyberCubed said:
Great, who wants to bet that May's Bulbasaur learns Solarbeam from Ash's Bulbasaur back at Oaks? Then we'll have 4 Pokemon with the main group that know Solarbeam. :/
The Bulbas count as part of the "main group"? Ash's is permanently Oaked, and we have no idea when or if May will retrieve hers.