• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Heracross said:
And then Satoshi will use Hinoarashi in the next facility and it'll learn overheat. 8D
You mean, "It will learn Solarbeam by some amazing miracle."

You know... If it had been one or the other... Heracross losing so quickly OR Sceptile getting plunked with Solarbeam, I could've coped with that. Sure, I'd be upset over which ever of the two did happen, but I could cope. But this... This is low.

PDL

disenchanted
well that's certainly craptacular D:

I'm sad that Heracross lost and I'm even sadder that Sceptile learned solarbeam... hopefully it'll only be used as a last resort of something and it still uses Bullet Seed and Leaf Blade.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

I think I already knew that... :( Oh, well. Heracross better get some redemption later on in the series...!

Last edited:
B

BrokenDreams

Man the writer's were probably high when they wrote this.

Chris

Old Coot
Let's see. Heracross hasn't been used since Satoshi went to Houen, while Fushigibana was still being trained. Of course Fushigibana's gonna win. Heracross hadn't been used in a while. As long as a good battle was put up, I couldn't care less who won.

I love the logic of some of you people. You complain when Satoshi's Pokémon win out of some miraculous event, yet when one of the cool yet undertrained Pokémon loses, you have to throw a fit over it. Nice.

Jukain learning Solarbeam wasn't any suprise. I don't really see much of a problem with it anyways, seeing as Jukain hadn't even learned any new moves since learning Leaf Blade as a Juptile. o_O At least we're not seeing some crazy way of it learning some kind of Razor Leaf or Vine Whip, both which have been overused over the years. >:p

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I think we hate Solaream because it is way over used. Consider the huge move pool Sceptile can use, you'd think they could have given it a more original move than Solar Beam.

So, Snorlax takes down two fighting types and people justify it by saying the Pokemon probably train at Oak's. Then Heracross gets his head handed to him by a grass type and the justification is that they don't train at Oak's. TBA's conclusion: Heracross got the shaft big time.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Amen.

I'm only hoping that Ash keeps Heracross in his team to train it.

'Yeah right, the writers will never do that' I hear you say. And you would be right. I'm just saying what I think would make the loss better, but it ain't gonna happen.

I'm not too fussed about Solarbeam. I mean, who wants to complain about a Pokemon LEARNING a move? Even Squirtle and Ice Beam wasn't too bad, it was just badly placed to give Squirtle a convinient and cheap win. Sceptile is different though, it has had lots of training, so I'm not bothered.

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
I think we hate Solaream because it is way over used. Consider the huge move pool Sceptile can use, you'd think they could have given it a more original move than Solar Beam.

So, Snorlax takes down two fighting types and people justify it by saying the Pokemon probably train at Oak's. Then Heracross gets his head handed to him by a grass type and the justification is that they don't train at Oak's. TBA's conclusion: Heracross got the shaft big time.
Difference. Satoshi used Kabigon's girth quite a bit in the battle to the advantage, whereas Heracross was barely even used even during Jouto.

Oh, and I wanted to use this analogy instead. We get complaints about Haruka's Pokémon learning moves too fast and winning Contests without training. Yet when an underused Pokémon of Satoshi's loses, we gotta throw a hissy fit.

I CALL SEXISM ON THAT! >:O

Brinstar

you suffer
I seem to recall people wanting Sceptile gain Solarbeam back when it was a Grovyle... after seeing that one chick's Grovyle use it or whatever

Anyways, on the subject of Heracross losing...as long as it got a good fight in I'm happy. And hey, you win some and you lose some. It would be unrealistic to think that every Pokemon Ash withdraws from Oak is going to immediately win its match.

Edward Elric said:
I CALL SEXISM ON THAT! >:O

lmao

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion

Exactly. I just have three questions:

Why'd Heracross have to lose? WHY!? Why'd Heracross have to lose?

Poké_Master said:
Exactly. I just have three questions:

Why'd Heracross have to lose? WHY!? Why'd Heracross have to lose?
Technically thats the same question three times, so not three questions :p

And because the writers take whatever all the fans and make it the opposite so the fans never get what they want, ok?

TBA said:
Don't forget, Snorlax is stronger, bigger, has had more training and well Heracross was just shafted like hell and such. :/

Hmmm I haven't actually seen pictures yet but I hear Heracross used Megahorn a few times meaning it must of put up some kind of fight, and this is Max and May's first time with Heracross :O Shockzors.

I'm actually hoping Ash sent Heracross back, so he can get a new Pokemon, I demand Ash gets a new Pokemon >: Or at least get Torkoal back....

....*silence*....

*shot*

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion

Torkoal Stu said:
Technically thats the same question three times, so not three questions :p

And because the writers take whatever all the fans and make it the opposite so the fans never get what they want, ok?

Don't forget, Snorlax is stronger, bigger, has had more training and well Heracross was just shafted like hell and such. :/

Hmmm I haven't actually seen pictures yet but I hear Heracross used Megahorn a few times meaning it must of put up some kind of fight, and this is Max and May's first time with Heracross :O Shockzors.

I'm actually hoping Ash sent Heracross back, so he can get a new Pokemon, I demand Ash gets a new Pokemon >: Or at least get Torkoal back....

....*silence*....

*shot*
It would be nice to get Torkoal back but it had enough screen time in Hoenn. Ash needs a new Pokémon, preferably a 4th Generation one because May and Brock already have one each.

V Faction

www.faction.com
The way Heracross lost was certainly a clever move on their part. We all know of Heracross's weakness to the sap. If temptation hits, things will always go astray.

But.

It was still a cop-out loss. The situational setup seems almost comical. What I mean is, here they give Spenser a Venusaur, despite him not having one in the games and despite us having seen one not that long ago in a major Contest right. Then, they pull Heracross out of Oak's after so long and have it face off against Venusaur, prompting its 'quirk' of wanting sap.

What the hell? Did they purposely want it to lose? I don't want to see a favorite Pokemon of mine being retrieved at ALL if its only function is going to serve as a "funny" Loss-of-the-Day. Keep it at Oak's and save it from the humiliation.

Hey! Maybe next time they can have Muk fight a Soap Monster or pit Snorlax against a PokeBlock up its butt! Tee-hee.

Brinstar said:
I seem to recall people wanting Sceptile gain Solarbeam back when it was a Grovyle... after seeing that one chick's Grovyle use it or whatever
Well, whether that's true or not, you must remember that Solarbeam was treated a little differently back then. Hansen's Shedinja caught a couple people off guard when it used its Solarbeam. Back then, Solarbeam was only associated with Grass types and a small picking of other Pokemon. In other words, it was more special.

These days, Solarbeam has become like Hyper Beam in terms of being overused and generic. Sometimes the 2-turn charge up is a factor; sometimes it's not.

Squirtlefan1

Squirtle fan
Glad Heracross returned but lost.
Sceptile's obviously the winning pokemon knowing the writers.
Swellow was a good choice knowing it's advantage over grass types.

Hope Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Totodile, Kingler, Squirtle, Tauros, Noctowl and Bulbasaur get a go too! would love to see all these old pokemon back in action having not seen them for so long [until the Oak's Lab all members gathering episode]

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Hah, the TR sub-plot is great. The way TR in gym battles should be handled. Rapid cutaways that serve as simple comic relief.

The Azami battle was mediocre, but this makes up for it. I really don't mind Heracross losing. I was simply happy that we even got to see it. We didn't have any returning Pokemon for the last 2 Frontier battles. For the Anabel battle, not only would I like to see Cyndaquil return, but for Ash to keep it (He needs a fire type right now).

OMG creepy, in the speculation thread someone said they'll be watching from a Balloon, someone else said from a TV, but they are watching from a TV in a balloon X_X;; Creepy...

But the Camera thing was cool ^^

Wow Shiftry went down fast, it used like one Shadow Ball, but I guess Glaydol was Spener's main Pokemon. Ha ha ha Heracross was class and it did put up a fight mind you. Swellow did well, Vensaur hmmm well it did well against Heracross just not Swellow. Claydol pwned real time, we really haven't seen one have some good action like that one, I mean the huge one and Robert's x__x;; Not exactly good appearences for battling.

Well yeah hmm erm :/