• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
The Battle as a whole was okay I guess...

Whoever called May/Max/Brock/Scott watching via Hot Air Balloon was right, they were in a Pokeball one that had a TV screen. A floating judge/camea [wtf?] would fly around with the battle and give the TV a picture.

Okay, is it just me, or does a robotic Frontier Judge ruin the whole 'Jungle Theme'? Here we have a remote island seemingly filled with Pokemon and one human, Spenser. Then we have the 'Battle Palace' designed like old, ancient ruins to further the effect. And then we get a floating camera judge. Honestly, that's like taking the grunge out of the 90's D:

I don't really want to comment on the episode right now because I've only seen pictures, but at the end Heracross is still with the Group. I know Ash could easily send it back between the end of this episode and the start of the new one, but Charizard returned to his crazy-ass Valley during the end of the Factory episode, so maybe there's some hope? Or maybe I desperately want the writers to pull a Phanpy on Heracross...oh that would be heaven.

Oh, and I don’t mind Sceptile learning Solar Beam. Yes, it’s overused, but this is the newest attack it’s learned in a LONGGG time [we’re talking early-mid Hoenn] and from pictures, it looks rather cool *shot*

V Faction

www.faction.com

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
Shining Suikun said:
Hah, the TR sub-plot is great. The way TR in gym battles should be handled. Rapid cutaways that serve as simple comic relief.

The Azami battle was mediocre, but this makes up for it. I really don't mind Heracross losing. I was simply happy that we even got to see it. We didn't have any returning Pokemon for the last 2 Frontier battles. For the Anabel battle, not only would I like to see Cyndaquil return, but for Ash to keep it (He needs a fire type right now).
Maybe Ash'll bring it back for the Battle Tower and it'll be Ash's last Pokémon for the battle. It'll be hurt bad enough that it will evolve to win the battle for Ash.

OR

Ash and Cyndaquil will lose so they'll go train and come back once Cyndaquil evolved...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Wait, Heracross tried to go for Venusaur's flower? You'd think after a few years with Bulbasaur it's learn you get nothing from sucking on Pokemon (that didn't sound right XP). Heracross should be nominated for a Darwin Award. I mean, he's been shafted six way from Sunday during the series (and unlike May's Pokemon, he doesn't sit in a Poke Ball day) and it's his turn to bat and loses to his own personal flaws. You'd think with the punishment Bulbasaur gave him every time he tried to go for his bulb he would have learned by now.

Heracross's utter humiliation aside, I'm looking forward to this episode.

JazzJazz

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
I don't really want to comment on the episode right now because I've only seen pictures, but at the end Heracross is still with the Group.

Finally, an answer and thankfully it's what I was hoping for. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that heracross is given some respect by the writers in an upcoming episode... and that it remains with Ash for a little while.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Heracross only suck Venausaur BEFORE the fight. He puts up a pretty good fight.

By the way, Sceptile fires a midair Solar Beam. It looks awesome, and he charges up with the yellow bulbs.

Swellow eats a bannana......

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Finally, an answer and thankfully it's what I was hoping for. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that heracross is given some respect by the writers in an upcoming episode... and that it remains with Ash for a little while.
I'm hoping in the ending scene we see Ash awing at his symbol and sceptile,swellow and Heracross are outside of their pokeballs sitting their. I didnt understand one thing though. Did Spencer set all those booby traps that TR kept getting trapped in or did they set them up and forget where they were. I'm rather annoyed that Heracross got knocked out with just a solar beam(correct me if wrong I didnt see the razor leaf actually hit heracross).
Heracross should be nominated for a Darwin Award. I mean, he's been shafted six way from Sunday during the series (and unlike May's Pokemon, he doesn't sit in a Poke Ball day) and it's his turn to bat and loses to his own personal flaws.
He didnt lose because of his personal flaw. When Heracross did it no one did anything and Spencer was kinda WTF. He lost because he was getting ready to megahorn Venusaur, but Heracross didnt see that it had been charging for a solar beam so it got a powerful blast when right in front of Venusaur.
Is it just me or did solar beam look cooler on Sceptile? It also works alright with Sceptile even though I would've prefered something else.
One funny scene I noted was TR all had binoculars and spying on Ash and co. while Manene didnt have one it still imitated the group pretending it had binoculars. Anyway I thought it was a cool episode even though the results werent as desired. Although if Heracross stays it will more than make up for it.

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Cybercubed totally called the hot air balloon XD

Sceptile w/ Solar Beam looked pretty cool, and it did at least dodge while it was charging, hopefully the attack doesn't become abused like Tetsuya's Sceptile...

Robotboy

Boulder Trainer
Hmm. I won't have a definite opinion on the episode until I see the pictures, but judging by the information in this thread, I have mixed feelings on this episode.

I'm rather impartial to Sceptile learning Solarbeam, but... Heracross going down without a single win just makes me sad. A very, very sad panda.

Kabuto

little punks!
How sad. Heracross has a type advantage and massive power but was brought down by a Venusaur. Oh well at least we got to see it and it did supposedly put up a good fight. Anyway, I knew Sceptile would learn solar beam the attack I've been tired of after Kanto but maybe Sceptile will make it look cool. I've never seen Ash's Sceptile use an attack that looked stupid.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Hmmmm...you know what I just realized? Ash and Spenser were running through the forest, right?
Yet they didn't run into ONE Beedrill or Kakuna which the said forest seemed to be brimming with last episode. Not even one damned Kakuna hanging from a tree in the backdrop >.>

It just furthers the fact that all Beedrill are are plot devices D:

John's Knight

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Hmmmm...you know what I just realized? Ash and Spenser were running through the forest, right?
Yet they didn't run into ONE Beedrill or Kakuna which the said forest seemed to be brimming with last episode. Not even one damned Kakuna hanging from a tree in the backdrop >.>

It just furthers the fact that all Beedrill are are plot devices D:

Good point <<
Anyway, saw the pics. The TR scenes were hilarious IMO. Claydol ,one of my favorites, appeared in this episode, so...even so, 8/10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Torkoal Stu said:
OMG creepy, in the speculation thread someone said they'll be watching from a Balloon, someone else said from a TV, but they are watching from a TV in a balloon X_X;; Creepy...

That was me! Well, I said they'd probably be watching from a balloon anyway. Pretty easy guess though.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Well, now we know what those balls on Sceptile's back are for.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Heracross said:
I suppose I should be happy that he appeared at all, but to be honest, I would have rather he just stayed at Ookido's lab than being KO'ed in the first round.

I agree. I saw the pics, and I must say it doesn't help seeing it knowing that Heracross was doomed for failure. Poor guy. Now I would be tickled pink crying like a baby if Heracross got to stick around for awhile to avenge its loss.

I know I'll make enemies here, but its time to Oak Swellow. I'm sorry, but the writers made it a little too powerful for my taste.

Great pic you took VFaction!