• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

I think Heracross is actually going to stay because knowing Ash now, if a Pokemon of his isn't doing well he'll train it more. All I can say is expect Heracross to stay on the team for a few more episodes and possibly participate in the Battle Tower before being sent back to Oak's...

JazzJazz

Nintendo Theatre said:
I think Heracross is actually going to stay because knowing Ash now, if a Pokemon of his isn't doing well he'll train it more.

I don't think he'll acknowledge its bad performance in any future episodes though, can you honestly see Ash say "Heracross let me down against Spenser, I think it needs training."?

*Yes, I know my example was very lame... but, in whatever context, Ash will never say anything related to the above.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Geodude said:
Not the same forest.
Oooz? But, they were on the same island in 'Dawn of Revival' and this episode. And the island pretty much consists of a big-ass forest, the Battle Palace, and a Joy-less Pokemon Center/Shack.

Ash and Spenser were running all around the island, surely they would have run in or close to where the Kakuna/Beedrill were. Besides, who's to say Beedrill only have to stay in one part of the forest? They have wings...

V Faction

www.faction.com
There was a Growlithe that needed evolution motivation without a Fire Stone about 2 islands over. They were busy, K.C.!!

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
V Faction said:
There was a Growlithe that needed evolution motivation without a Fire Stone about 2 islands over. They were busy, K.C.!!
Ah, I see. But weren't they already tuckered out from helping that Weepinbell evolve sans a Leaf Stone the day before?

On another note, you know what I hate? How Swellow is pretty much Aerial Ace. That's it. That's ALL it uses. I miss Wing Attack, or ANY other Flying move for that matter D:

pikachu146

Heracross used a Megahorn attack on Venusaur.But It looks like Venusaur launched Solar beam,and killed Heracross.Too bad Heracross lost against Venusaur.But It was cool that Sceptile learned Solar beam from Venusaur.

JazzJazz

pikachu146 said:
It was cool that Sceptile learned Solar beam from Venusaur.

Sceptile didn't learn its new move from venusaur... it didn't even get to see venusaur use solarbeam, it was in its pokeball (Ash is cheap and didn't lash out on pokeballs with windows).

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
Heracross losing without taking anyone down was a little bit of a letdown, but if its staying in the group, that'd be cool. I still liked seeing it back in action.

I enjoyed the battle overall, and thought it was pretty good. I have no problem with Jukain using Solarbeam.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, despite my dissappointment with Heracross's performance, I have to admit this was a pretty good battle. Certainly more interesting to watch than Azami's anyhow. And it was pretty damn funny to see Hera suck on Fushigibana's flower.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Why do I think we're going to see a new pattern in glowing body parts with new attacks? Solar Beam has Sceptile's balls glowing, and Combusken's Mega Kick has its legs and head feathers glowing.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Sceptile didn't learn its new move from venusaur... it didn't even get to see venusaur use solarbeam, it was in its pokeball (Ash is cheap and didn't lash out on pokeballs with windows).
Well when it was in the battling against Claydol Sceptile had absorbed the sunlight then it had a flash back of Venusaur charging up for Solar beam and then Sceptile launched the attack.
Why do I think we're going to see a new pattern in glowing body parts with new attacks? Solar Beam has Sceptile's balls glowing, and Combusken's Mega Kick has its legs and head feathers glowing.
I think its cool looking IMO and its better then no charge up or just seeing their legs glow white.
Ghostmaster Sceptiles solarbeam had alittle blue in it, the atttack looked really nice.
Thanks. It does look cool and I just wanted to make sure it wasnt smoke or dust.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Just saw the pictures, and I have to say; Heracross got shafted. ;_; It was the perfect chance for it to come back, and prove how much of a powerhouse it is, but instead, it sucks bulb and gets KO'ed in it's first battle in God knows how long. The writers should be shot for that. =\

Anyway, about Sceptile learning Solarbeam. Awesome. Even awesomer if it can somehow make a quick-fire version of it! But I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

Also, why did they have to give Spencer Shiftry and Venusaur?! Why not Rapidash and Vileplume? Or Typhlosion and Nidoking? >_>; Gawd, the writers could've made this episode so much better. However, I'm glad he had a Claydol. :D

ghost master said:
Well when it was in the battling against Claydol Sceptile had absorbed the sunlight then it had a flash back of Venusaur charging up for Solar beam and then Sceptile launched the attack.
I'm 99.9% sure that was Ash having the flashback, and realising Sceptile was about to learn Solarbeam.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Also, why did they have to give Spencer Shiftry and Venusaur?! Why not Rapidash and Vileplume? Or Typhlosion and Nidoking? >_>; Gawd, the writers could've made this episode so much better. However, I'm glad he had a Claydol.
The writers have been doing this through all of the facilities. They always come up with different themes for the facilities. They also come up with pokemon to fit the theme. What annoyed me though was that he actually owned a Crobat and Slaking and they worked perfectly with the jungle theme. At least they brought back heracross like people were hoping for. Also i see what you mean after looking back at some pics.

Alfonso

Derpgull
V Faction said:
Oh heck yeah it was strong! Heracross gave all that it could. I generally chalk stuff like this up to writer influence though. Heracross could have been paired up against Shiftry and lost just the same if that's what they had decided. And I guess, that's what bugs me the most, that they went ahead and gave Heracross the difficult round. Poor guy.

Heh, bugs.

It's funny because Heracross is a bug.

As for Spenser's team... I don't know, I kinda liked it. Claydol is always awesome. As is Venusaur, even though we only just saw one. Shifry is kinda meh though. As for the suggested replacements, we recently saw Vileplume in the egg episode... not only that, what would it have to offer but Solar Beam?

Because we all love Solar Beam.

Love love love. All the way down.

Lost Angel_Setsuna

Maybe it's just me, but isn't Tetsuya's Sceptile's solarbeam different from the Ash's one? I refer to the body parts glowing... tail (tetsuya's one) bulbs (ash's one)...

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Lost Angel_Setsuna said:
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Tetsuya's Sceptile's solarbeam different from the Ash's one? I refer to the body parts glowing... tail (tetsuya's one) bulbs (ash's one)...

The writers/animators always put extra effort into Ash's Pokemon and their attacks over the minor characters. Probably to make his look "cooler."

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Sorry about the speculation here, but what are the chances of Sceptile's Solar Beam being a one-time deal? And future attempts give it problems (like Snorunt's Ice Beam)?