• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ka-ZAM [OU]

Oh Lawd, Alakazam and Gengar, two of the biggest, baddest, fastest Special Sweepers in OU on the same team! How will Krug ever overcome such a weakness to Weavile?!
OVERVIEW
Spr_1b_065.png
Spr_1b_094.png
Spr_1b_068.png
Spr_1g_128.png
Spr_1b_146.png
Spr_3e_260.gif

The Uncanny Lead
065Pic.gif

Alakazam@Choice Specs
Timid/Synchronize
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Fire
-Signal Beam
-Trick

What happened to Alakazam? He should be called Allah-Kazam because his Spe and SpA are so godly. Anyway, this Alakazam lacks Focus Blast so it can be a more effective lead. I know that may raise Eyebrows, but to Screw over Bronzongs and Metagrosses I need HP Fire. Trick will lock things into Stealth Rock or any other move that's useless on 'Zam. This works very well on LeadGross, Inferape, Azelf, and Bronzong. I haven't tested on Aerodactyl yet, but I'm sure the effect is much the same. Speaking of Azelf, Signal Beam is kept so I can hit it hard, same goes for Weavile. Psychic is there for Leadape. If I run into Heatran then I switch to Moltres, and Stall the thing out.

The Cool Special Sweeper
094Pic.gif

Gengar@Life Orb
Timid/Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball

Gengar is the master of Resisting things, I can come in on super common moves, and pound away at whatever unlucky soul Gengar is now facing. Shadow Ball is a powerful attack and all round good stuff. Thunderbolt hits Flyers, but the most important of them being Gyrados. Focus Blast smashes steels and Slower Darks, AKA Tyranitar. Energy Ball is the teams lone Grass Attack, so it's Crucial I come in on an EQ from Swampert to take it out and clear the team of that threat.

Samuel L. Jackson in Pokemon Form
068Pic.gif

Machamp@Leftovers
Adamant/Guts
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
-Close Combat
-Payback
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE MOTHA****IN WEAVILES SWEEPING THIS MOTHA****IN TEAM. The Killer of the First Two's weaknesses, Dark, and Ghost. Gut's boost while asleep, with Close Combat's Base 120 Power, is more Powerful IMO than the 100% Confusion from No Guarded DynamicPunches. Payback hits Ghosts, that takes down enemy Type #2.

Raging Bull
128Pic.gif

Tauros@ Liechi Berry
Jolly/Intimidate
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Return
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Subsitute

SubBerry Boost, wether to use Liechi or Salac is questionable, but Im guessing because I'm going Jolly I should use Liechi. Tauros shouldn't be NU, with massive late game sweeping capabilities. Once the right things are out of the way, Tauros is likely to go on a massacre.

The Fried Chicken
146Pic.gif

Moltres@Leftovers
Bold/Pressure
252 HP/148 Def/112 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Roost
-Subsitute
-Toxic

Moltres has a big Job as a Staller, as most of my Team is based on quick offense. Moltres is a blazing bird who you switch to when the Going gets Rough, or when Heatran drops in uninvited. His Job? Stall the foe out, by using toxic, and by beating Heatran's moves via resistance and SubRoosting. Moltres's main attack is Toxic on non steels, as it won't ALWAYS be facing a Heatran. Yet, Flamethrower is there for anything that resists the Bird's Poison. This thing can kill Weavile too.

The Not from Kanto guy
260Pic.gif

Swampert@Leftovers
Impish/Torrent
252 Hp/216 Def/40 SpD
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

Wall thing #2. Swampert is a Powerful choice anywhere, especially here. Swampert sets up rocks, hits Dragons, and Roars away stat boosters. He has quite a big job on his hands, so I must be sure to pump EV's into Def so it can live long enough to hit Salamance/Flygon with that all important Avalanche, or Roar them away.

Changes in Bold.

Last edited:

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Very good team only question I have is why Tauros? Also on Swampert I think you should run either Relaxed and Avalanche or Impish and Ice Beam also the Ev Spread should be

252Hp/216Def/40Spd

Hope this helps.

Going with that spread on Swampert, Tauros is there for late game sweeping with the Leichi Boost. It can become very unstoppable if I can predict right with it.

Xhizors

Banned
Close Combat on Resttalk Machamp isn't the best idea. Lowering your defenses, while asleep leaves Machamp open for a revenge kill. You are also running a defensive spread with 252 HP, so you wouldn't be taking advantage of his natural bulk. Close Combat is mainly for frail sweepers, as they don't care about the Defence drop. Cross Chop is the best alternative here instead of Close Combat, it has great Base Power and no negative side effects. It has poor accuracy but Machamp can afford a miss. However, if you don't like the accuracy, you may as well run Brick Break, but the loss of power may be costly here.

EDIT: Don't use 40 Spd EVs on Swampert as they don't allow you to outspeed anything significant, just put them into Attack or Special Defence.

EDIT 2: haha ExplodingMuk I win

Last edited:

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
If you choose guts on Machamp, use Brick Break, as the defense drop really limits his tanking abilities. Moltres has a hard time without spin support, and WishBliss would do the very same thing that it does. You're right, Tauros shouldn't be NU, it should be UU. Anyway, it is much better to choice Band/Scarf it, and run pursuit over Substitute so you can kill thins such as Scarfgar using Shadow Ball. Sort of Weavile weak if you do run with Blissey though.

BTW Xhizors, I believe they are Special Defense Evs.

Last edited:
Close Combat on Resttalk Machamp isn't the best idea. Lowering your defenses, while asleep leaves Machamp open for a revenge kill. You are also running a defensive spread with 252 HP, so you wouldn't be taking advantage of his natural bulk. Close Combat is mainly for frail sweepers, as they don't care about the Defence drop. Cross Chop is the best alternative here instead of Close Combat, it has great Base Power and no negative side effects. It has poor accuracy but Machamp can afford a miss. However, if you don't like the accuracy, you may as well run Brick Break, but the loss of power may be costly here.

I'll run some calcs if it comes down to Cross Chop vs. Brick Break. Machamp is mostly there to hit Darks and Ghosts, as well as Blissey and other Special Walls. What about Low Kick for hitting Heavy Pokemon like T-Tar, and Metagross?

GIRATINAMASTER867

GIRATINA ROCKS!!!!!!
ROFL OK are u a complet NOOB?:) lol jk but srisly 4 of yr team is KANTO POKAMON wtf???????? KANTO IS FOR NOOBS. Here :) use my team it has nevr faled me:

GIRATINA ANOTHER FORM @ ORAN BERRY
BASHFUL/PRESSURE
4 SP DEF/ 252 SPD/ 252 SP ATK
HYPER BEAM
GIGA IMPACT
SHADOW FORCE
OMINUS WIND

MEWTWO @ BRITEPOWER
4 SPD / 252 SPD / 252 ATK
JOLLY/PRESSURE
HYPER BEAM
BARRIER
CONFUSIN
SWIFT

RAYQUAZA @ QUICK CLAW
4 SPD/ 252 SP ATK / 252 DEF
LONELY/AIR LOCK (forget teh name lol)
HYPER BEAM
FLY
REST
PROTECT

LUGIA @ PECHA BERRY
4 ATK / 252 SP ATK / 252 SP DEF
HASTY/PRESSURE
HYPER BEAM
AEROBLAST
FIRE BLAST
HDRO PUMP

DARKRAI @ WHITE FLUTE
4 SP ATK / 252 DEF / 252 SP DEF
SERIOUS/BAD DREAMS
GIGA IMPACT
HIDEEN POWER (DARK)
NIGHT SHADE
DOUBLE TEAM

GARCHOMP @ RED SCARF
4 SP ATK / 252 SP / 252 SP DEF
JOLLY / SAND VAL
GIGA IMPCT
DRAGONBRATH
SANDSTORM
STELTH ROCK

ok heres how it works... set up earl y w/ garchomp and use sr/ss FIRST TURN or else THIS WON'T WORK!!! then follw w/ heavy attax (I recomdn mew2 cuz he has CRAZY SP ATK). mew2 is ur man sweepr but most pokemon can alwso sweep so this team gives you good flexibility. if u get in trouble from skarm/bliss or a n00b w/ ubers switch ot garchomp w/ wobbuffett cuz n00bs can't handle him lol

anyway good luck hope this helps :) pm me if u need any more advice ;132; ;243; ;342;

If you choose guts on Machamp, use Brick Break, as the defense drop really limits his tanking abilities. Moltres has a hard time without spin support, and WishBliss would do the very same thing that it does. You're right, Tauros shouldn't be NU, it should be UU. Anyway, it is much better to choice Band/Scarf it, and run pursuit over Substitute so you can kill thins such as Scarfgar using Shadow Ball. Sort of Weavile weak if you do run with Blissey though.

BTW Xhizors, I believe they are Special Defense Evs.

Which is why I'm scared to use Blissey, Weavile can already K.O. Gengar/ Alakazam no problem with Pursuit. I'll take the night to think over Choice Tauros and Brick Break Machamp.

I originally had Choice Band on Tauros, but decided that Two Choice Pokemon was enough at the time.

Xhizors

Banned
To everyone here, ignore Giratinamaster867 he's just a troll.

GIRATINAMASTER867

GIRATINA ROCKS!!!!!!
uuhh excuse me??? im jst trying 2 give some honest advice anyway if ur so good what do u sugest? what is ur team i bet i cudl find a wekaness.

GIRATINAMASTER867

GIRATINA ROCKS!!!!!!
ty exploding muk Id love to help :) what do you need help w/ and what kind of team isi it? i prefer to go for offense myslef but i understand that ppl have diffrnt strats/tactix - make a tread and i will post k?

calum

Banned
Team is eaten by SDLucario with Bullet Punch.

Mence and Gyara both eat this team as well.

I really want to stop there, but Ill help a bit.

Lead with Swampert and Impish. You're not using any SpAttacks so why Relaxed?

Tauros@ Liechi Berry
Jolly/Intimidate
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Return
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Subsitute

If you replace this with a Gyarados

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate

110 HP / 216 Atk / 184 Spe

Waterfall
Earthquake
Taunt / Stone Edge
DD

This can stop SDCario and Scizor in their tracks and can also perform a sweep of it's own in the right circumstances. EVs for Jump Point and to outrun base 115s. Quite simple really.

Machamp@Leftovers
Adamant/Guts
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
-Close Combat
-Payback
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

No Guard and Dynamic Punch please. ALso 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Spe outspeeds other Machamp odly enough.

Alakazam@Choice Specs
Timid/Synchronize
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Fire
-Signal Beam
-Trick

This thing is walled by Heatran badly. I guess Focus Blast and Shadow Ball over HP Fire and Signal Beam. Fine as long as it isn't leading, though really this thing is a bit stupid in the metagame.

Moltres@Leftovers
Bold/Pressure
252 HP/148 Def/112 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Roost
-Subsitute
-Toxic

Replace this with Magnezone, to stop Scizor from BPing your main sweepers.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Magnet Pull
Rash

EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 200 Spe

TBolt
HP Fire
Flash Cannon
Explosion

This thing offers you an ok dragon resist, which is good, as you lack one. Also traps nasty Scizor trying to Bullet Punch you. EVs to outpace Jolly Cario, and Attack to power up explosion.

Gengar@Life Orb
Timid/Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball

I suggest either Scarfing this or running a SubPunch set. Scarf helps you outrun Mence / Gyara after a DD, which is nice and SubPunch helsp you beat Bliss.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid
Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

HP Ice
Shadow Ball
TBolt
Focus Blast / Trick / Explosion / Energy Ball / Destiny Bond etc etc using Gengars wide move pool

Thank You.

Reno

so adorable...
Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 188 HP/164 Def/156 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost

I prefer this Moltres to your current one. It also makes for a Lucario counter, to an extent.

Xhizors

Banned
^Calum I'm not too sure ablout replacing Moltres with Magnezone... After all it was his only answer to MixApe, but without any Stealth Rock support it wasn't going to last long enough. Gyarados is more than enough to counter both Lucario and Scizor.

calum

Banned
Im sure Gyarados handles MixApe swell, but Moltres really needs to be replaced by a Steel.

Of course Heatran could work.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Could someone please get me a quote of Giratina Master saying that Mewtwo is your "man sweeper"? That'd be great thanks.

I was going to comment on Moltres being SR weak, and needing HP Ground to take Heatran out instead of letting it switch and come in later.

Also, I like Tauros, as well as doing something different, but in this case I really can't understand why you didn't opt for something like Gyarados?