• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kadabra is Back!

Kangaflora

It has been officially confirmed that after a 20 year absence, Kadabra will be returning to the Pokémon Trading Card Game as part of the Pokémon Card 151 Set in June 2023. Fans on PokéBeach.com have petitioned for this day to happen, and I was one of those who petitioned for this via change.org on all the Pokémon forums, including this one.

If you were to see Kadabra again, what would you like to see? Would you like it to see it as a powerful Stage 1 Pokémon like it was in Base Set and Skyridge or will you be thankful for Kadabra's return to the Trading Card Game?

Discuss.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's go! I'm thrilled about this. It never deserved to have been discontinued in the first place.

Either thing would be great. Maybe have Psybeam.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Is this really the result of a petition, though? I seem to recall that Uri Geller mentioned a couple years ago that he no longer held a grudge against Nintendo, so I assume that this decision to bring Yungerer [Kadabra] back into the TCG had more to do with that than a fan-created petition.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
According to Uri's Facebook, because his granddaughters, Liya and Romi, convinced him that Kadabra is actually a loving tribute to him and not some antisemitic demon based off him. Given that Liya and Romi are young and Pokémon Go is available for everyone on mobile, it's easy to see how Geller's perspective has changed. They would be fans of Pokémon and having a Pokémon based off their grandfather is something very special for them.

And it's also a reminder that children that can change the minds and perspective of adults when adults (and likely fan petitions) themselves couldn't. Which is a great message Pokémon delivers to us. Children are the future for humanity's hopes.
jMcOZjy.png

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Uri also admitted that he did overreacted and jump to conclusions about Kadabra mostly because all of the talk by right wing Christian parents that said that Pokémon were “evil” and really demons that promoted witchcraft. He didn’t want to be associated with that and thought he was being insulted. He also said that he would have never tried to sue if he had known all the facts about Kadabra. I saw that in a video on YouTube but can’t find it anywhere. Same with the original post he made apologizing for his actions. A lot of Pokémon fans were very accepting of his apology and said that it must be a great honor to have an iconic video game character be based on you and he said it was and he realizes how special that truly is.

CheckMyBrain11

I personally think it'd be hilarious if Pokemon releases an insanely overpowered Kadabra card in this set, as a secret rare or something.