• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kaiju Combat (monster fighter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

forever.
For anyone who's played Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for the Gamecube might enjoy this...

KAIJU COMBAT - Giant Monsters. Awesome. Online.

Meet the Super Smash Bros. equivalent of giant monster fighters. This game aims to be a massive crossover franchise - combining the forces of big Japanese stars Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, and others into a series of titles that can be mixed-and-matched for nigh endless possibilities.
Awesome.

They've very recently gotten enough funding to get this thing off the ground, so for now we're only being teased with artwork of the user-submitted monsters. To view them, go here: https://kaijucombat.wiki.zoho.com/
The forums, which is teaming with fans: http://kaijucombat.com/community/index.php

Until gameplay shows, here's a teaser animation they released of one person's monster come to life.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts about this thing! Anyone else into these giants? :)

Last edited:

Steelia

forever.
For a second I thought this was about a game that exists instead of one that might exist.

What you talking about? ;)

GAME IS OFFICIALLY IN PRODUCTION! You can keep tabs over at their forums, or view their wiki (both linked in the first post). They'll be doing a monster reveal later tomorrow, so stay tuned...!

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
For anyone who's played Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for the Gamecube might enjoy this...

KAIJU COMBAT - Giant Monsters. Awesome. Online.

Meet the Super Smash Bros. equivalent of giant monster fighters. This game aims to be a massive crossover franchise - combining the forces of big Japanese stars Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, and others into a series of titles that can be mixed-and-matched for nigh endless possibilities.
Awesome.

They've very recently gotten enough funding to get this thing off the ground, so for now we're only being teased with artwork of the user-submitted monsters. To view them, go here: https://kaijucombat.wiki.zoho.com/
The forums, which is teaming with fans: http://kaijucombat.com/community/index.php

Until gameplay shows, here's a teaser animation they released of one person's monster come to life.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts about this thing! Anyone else into these giants? :)

Ew a crappy product that was funded by kickstarter, no thank I will pass on this.

Beside if I wanted to play a Godzilla Super Smash Bros. equivalent I would buy it when it actually exist because I doubt that this game has the copyright for Godzilla.

For a second I thought this was about a game that exists instead of one that might exist.

I actually thought it was another pokémon rip off game thread

What you talking about? ;)

GAME IS OFFICIALLY IN PRODUCTION! You can keep tabs over at their forums, or view their wiki (both linked in the first post). They'll be doing a monster reveal later tomorrow, so stay tuned...!

In production doesn't mean the game exist, the game will only exist once it's finished and you are actually holding it in your hand.

Beside I doubt that they will get far since they are sorely dependent on kickstarter money and any fool who donated to them.

Steelia

forever.
Pics or not happening

I'll humor you: it's being made by the team responsible for several titles already -- Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee; Godzilla: Save the Earth; Godzilla: Unleashed -- if those ring any bells. GDAMM and Unleashed quite popular, but I prefer Save the Earth myself. :)

They're already in talks with Toho (Godzilla), Daiei (Gamera), and Tsuburaya Productions (Ultraman)... Before they get licenses, they need to show that the franchise can get the support of fans. The project has already drawn the attention of several thousands of people, so it's not as obscure as you may think! The head producer behind the game has been in contact with Toho for over 10 years, so the two have a very solid relationship. Japanese licensing is surprisingly fickle.

And I never meant to insinuate that the game physically existed, rather, the concept has become official... They're only about 10%~ into production, first they need to hold a vote to figure out what creatures are going to be playable. After that, things will start getting interesting very quickly.

Right now, fans are supporting monsters way ahead of their releases, especially the Big G fanatics. I'm pushing for Super Godzilla and Bagan myself, I *really* hope those two show up in this series after sitting around in retirement after the SNES. That would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.