• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Arrived?

TomRC121991

Since Kanto released in July 4th 2016, Jotho released in December 12 2016, Hoenn released in October 20th, 2017, Sinnoh released in October 9th, 2018 and Unova released in September 16th, 2019, When will the Kalos gets released?

Bus

Unsure. Even though they're dropping the Mega Evolution stuff, there's still several pokemon species missing from Unova. If I had to guess, I'd say we'llg et the last of Unova in December and Kalos making its appearance next summer around May/June 2021.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If I had to guess, I'd say we'llg et the last of Unova in December and Kalos making its appearance next summer around May/June 2021.

What in the world gives you the impression that they'd wait so long? Niantic has been extremely consistent in releasing new generations of Pokemon at the end of each year. There's still plenty of time for them to finish Unova and still release Kalos before the year ends, let alone May/June.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long for Go to have connectivity with Home yet they go out of the way to program in Megas which are now obsolete in SwSh and probably took longer to program that than it would to make Go connect with Home as promised.

Bus

What in the world gives you the impression that they'd wait so long? Niantic has been extremely consistent in releasing new generations of Pokemon at the end of each year. There's still plenty of time for them to finish Unova and still release Kalos before the year ends, let alone May/June.

Well, Unova was the largest region by far and we're still missing pokes from that gen. Then we've got the connectivity with Home that was promised but still not delivered on. And while Megas are part of Kalos, I feel like that will be the start of introducing Kalos, but the pokes themselves (other than maybe a tease of one or two during a Holiday event) probably won't drop in large batches until the Summer since thats when they tend to get their largest spike in useage.

That's my reasoning anyway.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, Unova was the largest region by far and we're still missing pokes from that gen. Then we've got the connectivity with Home that was promised but still not delivered on. And while Megas are part of Kalos, I feel like that will be the start of introducing Kalos, but the pokes themselves (other than maybe a tease of one or two during a Holiday event) probably won't drop in large batches until the Summer since thats when they tend to get their largest spike in useage.

That's my reasoning anyway.

Unova may be the largest, but it's not that much larger than Hoenn, which only took a couple of months to release everything for. It has less to do with the size of the region, and more to do with how fast Niantic wants to release things.

Niantic knows that we've come to expect new Pokemon during the fall/early winter period. They know they are going to upset people if they don't follow through with that. I don't see them changing the strategy they've been using consistently since the very beginning.

probably won't drop in large batches until the Summer since thats when they tend to get their largest spike in useage.

To address this point specifically, the same logic could have applied to any previous region release, and yet the first major batch always either came in September at the earliest or January/February at the latest. They've never waited until summer before, so why bother now?

Bus

Unova may be the largest, but it's not that much larger than Hoenn, which only took a couple of months to release everything for. It has less to do with the size of the region, and more to do with how fast Niantic wants to release things.

Niantic knows that we've come to expect new Pokemon during the fall/early winter period. They know they are going to upset people if they don't follow through with that. I don't see them changing the strategy they've been using consistently since the very beginning.

To address this point specifically, the same logic could have applied to any previous region release, and yet the first major batch always either came in September at the earliest or January/February at the latest. They've never waited until summer before, so why bother now?
Really? That's odd. Guess its just my memory then; for some reason, I had it in my mind that the new gens start to see implementation around Summer. That kind of throws my whole reasoning out the window.

thekorean

Man we still didn't get the GOAT Unova pokemon.

I will let you guess what that is.

Phillies

Does anyone think it is possible that Gamefreak will allow Niantic to release AZ's Floette since they never got around to releasing it. Or do you think that will be one of those things that will never get a release.