• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Chronicles RPG Thread

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Solaris Hernandez
Route 3
Party: X (Riolu); Aria (Chespin); Ashe (Zigzagoon)

"Uh, yeah, bye," she said as André walked off.

She really needed to get used to André's Kalosian ways because, at this rate, she was gonna die of embarrassment. Or worse, shove him out of reflex. She wasn't exactly a person that liked to do that and she...call her old fashioned, but she held the kiss rather sacred and didn't really like the feeling of getting kissed, even if it is the cheek, by, for all intents and purposes, a stranger. Though now she's starting to wonder why doesn't her father do that. Maybe he wasn't raised in a traditional Kalosian family? She mentally shrugged the thought.

She was glad André was nice so far. He didn't seem stuck up. And she was glad he was happy, though he did sound a little dissapointed that they had went seperate ways earlier. She made a mental note on spending some more time with him since he, after all, was the reason for this trip. She couldn't be more greatful for an excuse to go on a journey. Her brother was right, she probably would've never left if he didn't get that letter.

"All right, anyone wanna get back to training," she said.

There was a chorus of complaints. Solaris laughed a bit at that.

But just as she was going to continue, someone showed up.

“Hello, Solaris? It’s me, Carmelo! How’s it going out here? Are you training for the gym?” he said.

She flashed her usual big smile at him."It's going fine," she said. "Yeah, I was. But it seems my buddies don't want to do any anymore."

X and Aria voiced their confirmation while Ashe just nodded. But she also noticed that the Zigzagoon on her shoulder was staring at the guy. She decided to let it be, unless Carmelo gets uncomfortable. She just chuckled at her friends' reactions.

"So how're you doing? You training for the gym too?" she asked. "Oh, and this X, this Aria, and this is my newest teammate, Ashe," she said, gesturing to each of said Pokémon.

Viveshade

What's Next?
Carmelo Kinder
Route 3
Party:
361.png
(Chanel)
001.png
(Ivan)
664.png
(Kallima)

“It's going fine," she said. "Yeah, I was. But it seems my buddies don't want to do any anymore."

Carmelo smiled back at her and noticed her Zigzagoon staring intently at him. He waved at the cute little Pokémon. He had never seen a Zigzagoon in person before, so he took out his Pokédex in order to get more information on it.

“Your Zigzagoon is adorable!” He said before the Pokédex registered the Pokémon.

“Zigzagoon – The Tiny Raccoon Pokémon. Zigzagoon restlessly wanders everywhere at all times. This Pokémon does so because it is very curious. It becomes interested in anything that it happens to see.”

“Interesting,” he remarked.

"So how're you doing? You training for the gym too?" she asked. "Oh, and this X, this Aria, and this is my newest teammate, Ashe," Solaris said, gesturing to each of said Pokémon.

“I’ve been doing some training here and there. I think I could use a bit more, though. And your Pokémon are all so cool!” He pointed the Pokédex at X first.

“Riolu – The Emanation Pokémon. It uses the shapes of auras, which change according to emotion, to communicate with others.”

“Awesome… Riolu evolves into Lucario as well, I believe. And let’s see what it says about Aria…” he said, pointing the Pokédex at Aria now.

“Chespin – The Spiny Nut Pokémon. The quills on its head are usually soft. When it flexes them, the points become so hard and sharp that they can pierce rock.”

“Nice! Here, I’ll introduce my team as well!” Carmelo exclaimed as he threw his three Poké Balls into the air. Out came Chanel, who was yawning from being awoken out of her nap, Ivan, and Kallima.

“Here is Chanel, my Snorunt, Ivan, my Bulbasaur, and my newest member is Kallima, my Scatterbug. Say hello to Solaris, X, Aria, and Ashe, you three!”

“Sno!” Chanel waved.

“Bulbasaur!” Ivan cried out with a bright smile.

“Scatter…” Kallima cowered next to Carmelo’s leg.

“Kallima, are you afraid of them? They’re kind. Don’t fret,” he reassured her.

“Bug…” Kallima crawled away from his leg and waved her three white hairs on her head at the other group as well.

Would now be a good time to ask for a battle? He thought.

“Hey, I hope this isn’t too forward, but would you be interested in a battle against me? I think I could use all the battling experience I can get, heh,” He said with a somewhat nervous tone.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
Santalune City Pokémon Center
Party:
443.gif
(Bál)

The Santalune Pokémon Center was fairly peaceful, maybe even somewhat empty that day. Sure, there was the occasional trainer popping in for a quick visit to heal their new captures from the routes surrounding the city, and there were a few people scattered about the waiting room's many couches and chairs, but there were no emergencies to take care of or lines to join before being served.

The only more urgent case going on in the center was the case of one tiny Charmander whose tail flame seemed to be in danger of diminishing. Even that seemed to be under control however, with the nurse and her pink partner currently completely focused on the little fire type. They were busily tending to the little thing in the very back of the room, behind curtains that secluded the care area from the waiting lobby. Every now and again either one of them peeked into the lobby to fetch documents or tools, or to check up on the people there, but most of their time was spent in the back.

Apart from what little sounds the nurse's and her Pokémon's conversation in the back caused, the center was relatively quiet as well, the silence only broken when the few trainers that lingered inside decided to talk to their Pokémon partners or plan their next step on their journey with whomever they were traveling with. Somewhere in the corner, the air conditioner was whirring a steady tune, with someone's Pidgey perched atop the device to roost away while waiting for his trainer to finish whatever business she was attending.

There were absolutely no warning signs preceding the sudden breaching of all that peace, save for the very brief, easily missable echo of rushed footsteps from just outside the door -- before it was suddenly flung open with enough force to rattle the windows and startle the roosting Pidgey into a panicked flight around the room. A young blonde man burst into the room immediately after, back slightly hunched and eyes wide from what appeared to be poorly-contained, angry shock.

"...Yeah. Uh, nurse?!" He demanded upon finding himself staring at an empty wall where his saviour should've been. Oh, what, was she on a lunch break? Taking a nap? Well that was great, it's not like he was in excruciating pain or anything! Shoulders raised angrily, Sigur stomped his way through the room, one foot limping and dragging behind him as he did. "You put Pokémon down here, yeah? 'Cause I've got one that needs to be fucking ended right. Now."

As he said that, the boy stuck an accusing finger to point at his limping right foot, face grimaced from pain as the Gible holding onto his shin with every single sharp fang she had seemed to just tighten her grip even more. The dragon showed no signs of letting go - on the contrary, it looked like she enjoyed what she was doing. And if you asked Sigur? He bet his ass she did. Sadistic little bitch.

"Put... down?" The nurse repeated as she peeked into the room to see what the commotion was, immediately taken aback by both the boy's sudden appearance and his outlandish request. It didn't take long for her surprise to turn into strict disapproval, however. "I'm sorry, mister, but this is a Pokémon center. We heal Pokémon here."

"Yeah, that's super nice and all," Sigur spat almost immediately after she was finished, sarcasm dripping from every syllable as he endeavored to make the last few steps to the reception counter. "But this little shit is just fine. Now, my leg on the other hand -- see, this chewed up thing right here?" He pointed again for clarity and an added display of spite. "--- isn't. So if you could somehow get this thing off me before I lose a limb, that would be goddamn amazing."

He glared, lips curling slightly upward in a mock-smile matching his faked tone. "Miss."

While the nurse didn't seem to appreciate the boy's language, she could see that he did indeed need some help. So, with a small sigh and a tone as polite as she could muster, she nodded. "We will take care of your leg. However, there is a very critically injured Charmander in the back, and I'm sorry, but he must take priority. You will just have to wait. We will tend to you next."

If possible, Sigur's eyes widened even further. "Are you--- kidding me!? Next?! I might not have anything to tend to next!"

Unfortunately for him, though, his complaints fell to a closed curtain. Which was... great. Yeah. This was just how he wanted this damn day to go; being dragged to fight everything that moved by his little egoistical lizard and then ending up crippled for not being allowed a toilet break during it all. Guess he should be glad that Gible didn't decide to bite down into--- anyway. Nothing he could do then but to wait and pray to whatever Pokémon deity was gracing the world with its attention today. So, defeated and frustrated, Sigur turned around to glare at whoever was staring at him from the sidelines, his arms crossing as he limped his way to slump down onto one of the couches.

"Isn't Pokémon training just fun?!" He asked from nobody in particular, giving his bitten leg a few nudges if for no other reason than to annoy Bál. It's not like things could get any worse at this point, anyway.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
André Bellamy
Pokemon Center
Party:
035.png
(Jolie)
653.png
(Daphne)
669.png
(Rose)
280.png
(Pierre)
183.png
(Sophie)

While André was waiting for his Pokemon to be finished getting healed, another person burst through the doors of the Pokemon Center. André normally didn't pay attention to every single person that came into the room, but this guy was hard to ignore. A young strawberry blonde man burst into the room, with a Gible nibbling on his leg. He went up to the empty nurse's station, and rather rudely demanded to know where the nurse was so she could get the Dragon Pokemon off of his leg.

The nurse rather politely told him that she would take care of him as soon as they were done with the critically injured Charmander that had just arrived. This did nothing to please the boy. He begrudgingly limped over to the couches where the other trainer's were waiting. "Isn't Pokémon training just fun?!" He asked to nobody in particular, with obvious sarcasm.

Even though he knew it was rude to laugh at someone else's misfortune, André put his hand over his mouth, and couldn't help giggling at this whole situation. He then had to wonder what kind of person would give a Gible to a trainer that was most likely just starting out. Those things were known for being vicious after all. Or at least... that's what he had heard. His experience with Dragon types didn't go beyond knowing they were weak to Fairy.

Just at that moment, one of the nurse's Wigglytuff's came back with André's Pokemon. They only needed a routine healing, so getting them fixed up didn't take very long, and didn't distract the nurse much from the injured Charmander.

"Merci beaucoup." André said as he took his Pokemon off the cart, and patted the Wigglytuff on the head. Then, released Rose from her Luxury Balls. "Rose, ma petit fleur. Why don't we help this man, hm? Use Fairy Wind." André pointed to the Gible that was still firmly attached to the man's leg. Being hit by a Fairy type attack might make the Dragon let go. Of course, he knew that doing this could potentially hurt the other Pokemon, but they were in a Pokemon Center, they could easily get that fixed.

The Flabebe smirked, then much to André's surprise, actually listened. She released a pink gust of wind from within her red rose petals aimed at the Gible. André was certain based on her earlier behavior, that she was going to be a disobedient. It was a relief to know that she would actually follow his commands. Although, now that he thought about, she may have only wanted to attack the Gible...

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=----------------~~----------------=
Katherine Lascelles
Lumiose City -> Santalune City -> Route 3
355.png
092.png

"Bonjour ma chérie. How have you been doing so far?" Katherine heard Andre say as he sat down next to her. She caught him trying to get a glimpse of his cousin in the magazine she was reading. She knew well of their small "Will they or will they not" type of romance, and giggled as she laid the magazine down. "I've been doing very well, oui!" she answered. "Persephone and I met a Gastly, which is now a new addition to my team!" she spoke with enthusiasm.

The peaceful atmosphere in the Pokemon Center was somewhat violated as a newcomer entered the buiøding. He power-walked over to the counter and initiated into some sort of an argument with Joy. Though she had little to no interest in what was going on, Katherine couldn't mind try to evasdrop to satisfy her sadistic nature. It appeared the guy had a Pokemon stuck on his leg. A.... Gible? She giggled at the sight. Though it looked somewhat serious, it also looked extremely ridiculous. Andre, too, slightly laughed at the situation, allthough not nearly as obvious as Katherine did.

Andre left for the counter to pick up his Pokemon as Wigglytuff returned. The Pokemon also signaled for Katherine that her Pokemon were ready as well, so she followed Andre. she stod next to the newcomer. Up close, the Gible looked even funnier, with a weird mix of an annoyed, bored and excited face. "Rose, ma petit fleur. Why don't we help this man, hm? Use Fairy Wind." Andre told his Flabèbè, who in turn obeyed with a mischievous grin.

"Isn't Pokémon training just fun?!", the newcomer said sarcastically. "Nah." Katherine replied in an equal tone. She liked this guy! "You know what is funnier though? Dancing, modelling, the helpless shrieks of your enemies in pain, and most adorable Pokemon!". SHe finished in an exaggerated, yet casual evil grin. She didn't normally do this, but she didn't want the fun situation with the Gible to end just yet, so why not throw some firewod onto the fire?

"Speaking of which" she said, referring to nothing really. "Do you want to go Hat-shopping with me?" she talked to Andre, and didn't bother waiting for an answer. "That goes for you too, handsome" she said, turning to the newcomer. "Hat shopping adds to the list of things funnier than Pokemon Training." she said this while holding her finger up in an educational fashion, though she feared people around her might think she was serious.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Jessalyn MacDougall
Route 4 > Santalune City > Route 3
Party: ;228; (Raoul)
656.png
(Loki), ;261; (Gaius)

No sooner had Jessie fed Loki when she felt some rough fur brush against her stockinged leg. She turned around to see a Poochyena dashing away in the opposite direction. A smirk found its way across her face as she nudged Raoul. The Houndour knew all to well what to do.

"Not too much, boy," she murmured, and it was all the Houndour needed to know before he left his Trainer's side and dashed off. Being at a rather experienced level himself, he managed to corner the tiny hyena Pokemon within a few seconds. He launched an Ember attack at the Poochyena's face, causing the latter to yelp in pain. It quickly recovered, however, and bit down on the Doberman pup in retaliation.

"What the-..." Jessie murmured, the execution of the move taking her by surprise. She quickly looked down and checked her Pokedex to see what it was, not expecting it to learn Bite at the level it seemed to be. She heard the faint, clinking sound of shattering ice just as the words Ice Fang popped up on the Pokedex. She checked on Raoul, who was still up and about, being a Fire-type and all.

"Don't let him get to you...Dark Pulse!" Raoul opened his mouth, twisting dark red beams shooting out and knocking the Poochyena to the ground. For a moment, she thought it might have been too much, but the hyena Pokemon still tried to get on his feet. Jessie smirked, taking out one of her Pokeballs as the Poochyena attempted another Growl. Don't worry...there are far scarier things than Raoul and me, she thought, before throwing the Pokeball. She had a good arm with an aim sharpened by her training as a young Rocket grunt, and thus, had no reason to miss. Red energy sucked the Poochyena into the ball, and Jessie watched as it shook. The ball stopped moving after three shakes and the telltale chime told her that the Poochyena was hers. She picked up the Pokeball, deciding that for now, they needed to head to a Pokemon Center.

"Come, boy. Let's get moving," she said, holding out her arms for the Houndour to jump into.

---

Jessie gulped down the last of the coffee she ordered, getting up once she saw Raoul, Loki and her new Poochyena fully healed by Nurse Joy. She had decided to linger for a while and take a little time while some of the others went straight to Route 3. As much as possible, she wanted to go off on her own, without having to deal with the whole lot and losing her mind. I still haven't given him a nickname yet, she remembered. Making her way to the counter, she gave a brief nod at the Nurse, before taking her Pokemon and heading back to the couch that she so politely claimed for her own by lying across it, Yveltal forbid annoying strangers approached her. She thought for a moment, and a name came to mind.

"How about Gaius?" She suggested. The Poochyena barked, a funny sound that held notes of rough laughter. Jessie took it as a "yes" and nodded. "Hell yeah," she agreed. She picked up her chocolate pastry and started to eat. She was midway into her meal when she heard a voice, an obnoxious, unfamiliar male voice at that, ask a question out of nowhere.

"Isn't Pokémon training just fun?!" Jessie looked up, her expression unamused and dark, as her eyes met the guy who had the nerve to bother her. He was blond, and not exactly tall. In fact, he was probably shorter than her by a good four or five inches. Jessie sized him up, before barking with rough laughter. It wasn't his appearance that made her laugh, however, but rather, the large Gible that had latched herself (the lack of notch on her fin gave her away) on his leg. She heard more giggling just a short distance away, and saw that it came from Andre. Figures...maybe now's the time for me to take off, she muttered.

"You know what is funnier though? Dancing, modelling, the helpless shrieks of your enemies in pain, and most adorable Pokemon!" Katherine replied as she joined them. Yeah, I'm outta here, alright.

"Rose, ma petit fleur. Why don't we help this man, hm? Use Fairy Wind," Jessie heard Andre suggest, and she frowned as she stood up. Fairy Wind? Really? It had a fifty-fifty percent chance of working, to be honest. The Gible looked well-trained like Raoul was, and the Pokemon that Andre had commanded, a Flabebe...wasn't with Andre the last time she saw him. If the Gible wasn't getting knocked out, it sure as hell was going to be biting down harder, considering that Fairy moves had their...effects on Dragons, just as they had their effects on Dark-types. She strode towards the stranger just as the Flabebe released a pink mist. Stepping in between the fairy Pokemon and the guy, she took the attack, which left her coughing and gagging. Even the smell of Poison attacks seemed more appealing than this...saccharine, diabetes-inducing shit.

"Damn, Andre, you fucking asshole!" She coughed, before swiping her arm across her face. She then turned around and knelt down, remembering what one of her friends had told her about how Gibles were. They hated the cold, and would try to get away from it as much as possible.

"Gaius. Tail, Ice Fang," she commanded.

Vern

Why not both?
Luna Ashfeld
Santalune City Pokemon Centre
Party: ;200; (Valencia) :656: (Valaine) ;280; ((September) Shiny)

Luna sat down and watched as her Ralts just stood there, observing her and her two Pokemon. It was definitely quite shy, and was obviously distrustful of them. Every single time Luna moved towards it, it would teleport a foot or so backwards, hissing at her. Maybe, it would warm up to her eventually, but right now, Luna was having some doubts about her chances.
That was when Andre appeared, probably to heal his Pokemon, his five Pokeballs conspicuously lying out in the open for all to see. Luna took a few steps to the side, just in case he tried to send out some sort of aggressive Pokemon and have a conversation with it or something. While he was probably a sensible person, you could never tell with movie stars. Luckily, he entered the centre without noticing them, and did not release any Pokemon.

Luna turned her attention back towards her Ralts. She suddenly realised that its blue colour was rather conspicuous, and would probably draw undue attention to her. Maybe it would be a good idea to try and talk to it somewhere else. She was just about to reach for her Pokeball when another person stormed by, also completely ignoring her. He had a Gible attached to hi leg, and was looking absolutely furious. It would almost have been comical to watch, if not for the fact that the Gible was glaring at her like she might be next. Luna took a few steps backwards, just in case.

The guy flung open the doors of the Pokemon centre and stormed inside. Luna, overcome by curiosity, could not help but follow. She quickly returned her three Pokemon to their Pokeballs, and snuck into the centre after him, sliding through the doors just as they were beginning to close. She was just in time to hear the man say - with a perfectly straight face, no less - “-put Pokémon down here, yeah? 'Cause I've got one that needs to be ****ing ended right. Now."

Luna held back a chuckle. Obviously, this man was not in any way familiar with Pokemon Centres, and hadn’t done his research either. It was well known that the nurses at Pokemon Centres loved Pokemon with all their heart and took it upon themselves to care for wounded ones, nursing them back to health. To request the killing of a Pokemon, in a Centre no less, was one of the more stupid things to do. The nurse’s reaction confirmed this. “Put… down?” she said, her shock immediately turning into a strange vindictiveness full evident in her next words, which were phrased rather scathingly. “I'm sorry, mister, but this is a Pokémon center. We heal Pokémon here."

The man looked extremely annoyed, to stay the least. Luna quickly found a couch near the corner of the room and made herself inconspicuous. When he received news that his leg would be tended to after the nurses had finished with another Pokemon, the guy practically exploded. But somehow, the nurses managed to ignore him completely, so he took to grumbling to himself and slowly made his way towards a couch, the Gible still biting down vehemently on his leg. He slumped down on the couch right next to Luna, causing her to twitch somewhat uncomfortably, moving away slightly.

"Isn't Pokémon training just fun?!" he muttered, his voice positively dripping with sarcasm. Luna rolled her eyes and looked the other way, but had to turn her attention back towards him when she heard a rather… sparkly sound of wind. Luna turned around slowly, as to avoid drawing attention t herself through sudden movements, and saw that André had sent out a Flabebe and attacked the Gible biting down on the man’s leg. Seeing that things were probably about to get hectic, Luna stood up and quickly mad her way towards the door, hoping to use the commotion as a distraction.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
Party:
443.gif
(Bál)

... Well, in a way, Sigur had been right; things really hadn't gotten worse. No, they'd gone straight to Hell in a goddamn handbasket.

The chaos had started when some strikingly posh and blindingly pink dude had decided to command his little toothfairy-on-a-dandelion to perform some form of an attack on Bál, likely in an attempt to make the thing let go. Not that Sigur even noticed that at first, being far too preoccupied by some blonde chick who somehow managed to both freak him outta his wits and hit on him, all in the span of about two sentences. Seriously, maybe he'd just lost so much blood from his leg that he was hallucinating, but he could have sworn that there was one item in her laundry list of 'girlish things rich people enjoy' that didn't quite belong. Sigur's eyes narrowed in suspicion, but he quickly forgot about it when she literally jumped to completely other topic.

So, rolling his eyes at the hat-shopping comment , he turned his gaze away just in time to see someone in a black hoodie exit the Pokémon center as if to try and run away from something. ... Huh? What, did the person rob the place? Great. Getting involved with a criminal on the run was just what his day lacked so far.

"That goes for you too, handsome," he suddenly heard from besides him, not immediately connecting the 'handsome' part to himself. Not that he didn't consider himself fucking gorgeous, alright, but he didn't exactly expect to hear it from someone random he'd just met two seconds ago. Slightly taken aback, Sigur could simply groan a bit in response, averting his gaze. Usually he was the one bothering people with random, reaction-fishing lines like that to see how they'd deal, and he didn't exactly appreciate it when the tables were turned.

"Hat shopping adds to the list of things funnier than Pokemon Training."

"...Yeah, sorry," Sigur commented as if on reflex, shoulders raising into a casual shrug, voice dripping with its usual amount of sarcasm. "Would love to spend my day picking beanies with you two, but I'd just hate to be late from my shoe shopping spree. So many heels, so little time, you know?"

'Two'... oh, yeah. The flashy, pink dude. Yeaaah, it's not like there was anything wrong with going against the norm and donning pink or whatever - you do you, O flamboyant one - but when you started to look more like an overdressed Jigglypuff than a guy, then, yeah, he was going to at least cock a brow. Besides, the guy looked rich as hell, so he likely deserved whatever was coming to him. Most rich folk around here seemed snotty and overly fashion-conscious to begin with. And then there was that little fairy thing that--- was... smirking. At him. Sigur blinked in disbelief as the thing turned to him, releasing a glistering gust of wind straight at him. Or his leg. Whatever, it was pink and it was coming!

Scrambling to try and get out of the unknown attack's way, Sigur cursed and nearly stumbled as he struggled to stand, not sure whether he was more concerned over the attack hitting him or enraging Bál enough to bite off his entire leg. Because she would. She fucking would. Sure, she could've also let go and tried to eat the fairy instead, but he wasn't about to find out which option she went for.

And within a second, it turned out he didn't need to; from out of absolutely nowhere, some chick dressed in all black (seriously what was it, some themed 'wear only one color to school' day?) emerged to take the attack for him. Which, you know, was all romantic and shit, except he was pretty sure he should have known the person first to properly mourn their heroic sacrifice. So, great job skipping that part, Juliet. Instead, he was left staring at the coughing girl, utterly dumbfounded and still slightly crouched, having been interrupted mid-straightening. What the hell was that chick thinking? What, was she the masochist that complimented the other girl's sadism? Did he land himself in the middle of a comedy act? What. The. Hell.

With the gust having been intercepted, the air was now filled with pink dust and a sickeningly-sweet scent that Sigur was sure no amount of washing would ever cleanse, and things seemed to be calming down enough for Sigur to already start preparing for a snarky comment. Before he could choose one from the plethora of options available, though, the masochistic girl beat him to the punch.

"Damn, Andre, you fucking asshole!"

Well, he did have to concur with that.

"Gaius. Tail, Ice Fang."

That... not so much.

Once again very, very concerned for his well-being, Sigur quickly backed away from the approaching pooch... thing, not sure what sort of attack was gonna be unleashed on him this time. Except that it involved ice and fangs, neither of which he could claim to particularly like.

"What the ever-loving fuck is wrong with you a-," he began, aimed at everyone who'd had their little critters try and attack him so far - and anyone who would in the future, if that was gonna be a thing. Of course, he couldn't finish even half of what he wanted to say before he suddenly felt the air around his leg cool - and then suddenly felt the pressure on his leg vanish as Bál's jaws unwrapped from around his flesh and muscles. Naturally, the sudden shift in balance left Sigur quite ungracefully falling backwards onto his ass, leg cramping and butthurt. Literally.

"Grr... bleh!" the small dragon challenged, having jumped away from the attack's path just in time and now intently staring down both of his attackers, who she quite clearly intended on taking on alone. Unfortunately for Bál, she never quite did get the chance; having turned her back to Sigur she had also dropped her guard, and he wasn't about to let an opportunity like that pass. So, grabbing the little thing by its head fin, Sigur pulled himself to sit, making sure he kept the struggling and growling dragon far enough from his face to keep it from scratching him or something. Thank god it had such tiny, pathetic arms.

"Oh no you don't," Sigur announced, shaking the Pokémon a tad and getting an even louder growl in response. Once he made sure her mouth was directed away from him and that no amount of flailing would free her (something good came out of Bál tiring herself out by knocking out every Pokémon she could find on Route 3), he finally allowed himself to sigh, subsequently turning his glare to the three other trainers present.

"... What," he more stated than said from his spot on the Pokémon Center's floor, "is this the part where I'm supposed to thank you? Because I still haven't decided between being thankful and cussing you the fuck out."

There was a pause, one he used to cough at the still lingering scent of whatever the fairy-thing had unleashed onto the world. "But you know, lemme make a compromise. I'm all for compromises. Gotta love getting along and all that."

Sigur pointed towards the blonde girl at first. "Hats? No. Any other article of clothing? Also no. I'm not getting anywhere near your shopping spree and I suggest you don't tag along with Mr. 'Puff over there either, 'cause he's going to outshine you in every dress you try on. But thanks for the offer." And, speaking of which... he turned to the pink dude - André or something, right? "Yeah. Thanks for trying to choke me on that pink, sugary haze. Because you know, I'd much rather die inhaling that shit than lose a leg. Priorities. Great. At least you got 'em straight."

Finally, he turned his glare to the girl clad in all black. "You know, Juliet, I'm all for tragic teenage love and everything, but next time, try to pick someone who's read the script. Less heart attacks for me, less choking on sugary-sweet fairy farts for you. Unless you're into that shit. In which case, refer to the hat chick. You two'd get along great. But thanks for the near-frostbite, I guess."

Sigur sighed, grumbling to himself in pain as he tried to stand. Yeah, Pokémon training really was such fun, alright.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Solaris Hernandez
Route 3 -> Santalune Pokémon Center
Party: X (Riolu); Aria (Chespin); Ashe (Zigzagoon)

Solaris just waited for Carmelo to finish looking up the information on her Pokémon. She was somewhat surprised at the entry of Zigzagoon. She wasn't sure if Ashe was such, but from how she was staring at Carmelo intently...perhaps it was true. Solaris smiled in greeting as Carmelo introduced his Pokémon. She continued to wait patiently as one of Carmelo's Scatterbug was a bit shy. She smiled warmly when it finally managed to greet them. X and Aria returned the greetings similarly while Ashe just nodded curtly.

“Hey, I hope this isn’t too forward, but would you be interested in a battle against me? I think I could use all the battling experience I can get, heh,” Carmelo then said unsurely.

"Too forward? Heh, I'd love one," she said rather instantaneously.

Solaris's face practically brightened at the words. She looked like a kid opening a Christmas present. But then remembered that her Pokémon still had wounds from sparing and were probably tired. With a more sheepish grin, she then said,

"Eh heh, how about I heal my buddies first, okay?"

She turned around, X on her head and Aria by her side, heading for the Pokémon Center.

She added, "And maybe we could battle somewhere in town, or near it, so we can heal our Pokémon afterwards?"

She didn't really look back to see if Carmelo was following. Besides, she did say where she was heading and planning to go to next, so in the off chance he didn't follow, he'd know where to look for her.

She knew a Pokémon Center was a place for healing, but when she stepped past its doors, she still didn't expect someone with an injury to be here in all places. She blinked in shock, mouth slightly agape at the sight. She barely registered that the others from André's group, including André himself, were near the guy.

"What the--?" she nearly shouted.

She quickly tapped both Ashe's head and X's leg. X immediately got off, while Ashe took a little bit before realizing to do the same thing. As soon as they were off her, she quickly went to the blond guy's side. She crouched and placed his free arm (as carefully as she could) over her shoulders and wrapped around his waist, making sure her hand wasn't near the Gible's mouth.

She helped him up, though he didn't seem to pleased about it. Apparently the guy was a lot shorter than her, so she had to bend her knees so that she wouldn't be pulling on his arm. She looked at his leg and couldn't help but grimace from it. That was one nasty bite mark. From its shape, and the fact that he was holding a Gible, she guessed that the Gible bit him. The why, she would question later, first things first...where was the stupid nurse...

"Nurse!" she shouted at the reception desk.

No one answered.

She grumbled. She shouted again, more desperately. "NURSE!"

This time, someone did answer, or rather heard it. The nurse she came out from some back curtains, visibly annoyed (to Solaris's anger).

"What is it? And there's no need to shout."

She decided not to snap back and instead said, "This guy's got a lacerated leg and it's bleeding pretty badly. Could you come here and patch it up?" And before the nurse could make and remark about this being a center for Pokémon and she was only a nurse for them, she said, "Or you can give me some antiseptic, clean cloth and bandages so I can do it myself, somebody you have no idea if they have any medical experience, if at all." Though she actually could by herself. She had enough experience from the orphanage and helping her brother, but the nurse didn't know that.

The nurse regarded her for a moment before letting out a sigh. She headed back to behind the curtain and, for a second there, she thought the nurse was ignoring them. But when she came back out with the things needed, she gave a sigh of relief and helped the blond guy on a nearby seat and letting him go. She also helped the nurse with the wound. When the nurse was done, she just quickly went back, carrying the stuff leftover, past the curtain at the back, mumbling something.

She gave out a deep breath of relief as she stood near the guy. She was back to smiling when X and Ashe were back on their respective perches and Aria standing beside her again. She looked to the guy and said sincerely,

"You feel any better? I can get some painkillers if you want if it hurts badly."

She still didn't notice the fact that André's group was right there.

--

OOC: Hopefully that wasn't too much bunnying. If need be, I can change it.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Katherine Lascelles
355.png
092.png

"...Yeah, sorry," the new guy commented with overflowing sarcasm. "Would love to spend my day picking beanies with you two, but I'd just hate to be late from my shoe shopping spree. So many heels, so little time, you know?". Katherine giggled at this. If she loved her sarcasm, she loved a guy that could counter it even more. Her giggle somewhat toned down as Andre's Flabèbè's Fairy Wind hit its target, and the targets trainer. The guy, however, halfway stumbled away from the move, still crippled by the Gible at his leg. As much as she wanted to help, Katherine couldn't help but laugh at the scene.

Suddenly though, the silent girl she had met in Lumiose jumped in front of the attack, taking a majority of the damage herself. Katherine knew this was a serious matter. she knew she should do something to help, but she was laughing so hard at this point, she was practically immobilized. the guy was so surprised by this, and the annoyance, mixed with his initial confusion just made everything funnier.

afterwards, the air was filled with pink dust and a sickeningly-sweet scent that even Katherine had to admit was too much. She held a piece of cloth over her nose to shield herself as she continued watching the drama unfold.

"Damn, Andre, you ****ing *******!" Jessie said. Jessie.. That was her name, was it not? Katherine didn't remember clearly.

"Gaius. Tail, Ice Fang." she then commanded to an adorable Poochyena. Clever move. Dragon Types, and the Gible line in particular, hated Ice-Type moves! Allthough this seemed to be too much for the trainer. Luckily, the laughter had subsided for now, and Katherine could think straight enough to plan a potential interfearance. If everything went to sh*t, she would command Halphas to use Hypnosis.

The trainer now looked like he was about to panic. Maybe from the stress, maybe from the pressure, or maybe from the fact that within the last 3 minutes, 3 Pokemon had directed their moves towards him.

"What the ever-loving **** is wrong with you a-," he started, before being cut short before some of the moves hit, and the guy was sent into a gracefull ballerina move before landing on his bottom on the floor. Now, Katherine laughed even more, and with a sinister tone to her laughter. This was all just too much for her, and she couldn't even uphold the polite "Normal" behavior she had been studying for so many years.

The Gible though, took the oppurtunity to eye its new opponents. this, however, seemed to be problematic, as its trainer swiftly grabbed its headfin and lifted it up. He held it far from his face, but one could see the struggles the Dragon-Type went through trying to reach him with some sort of Scratching move. Katherine now had to sit down, and was tearing up with laughter. this was by far funnier than anything she had ever seen before! And she just couldn't keep it in!.

"Oh no you don't," the trainer said to Gible as he shook it to tire it out. This just motivated Katherine to somehow laugh even more, grasping for air as she sat on the floor, hammering the floor with a clenched fist.

"... What," the trainer said as the calamity calmed down, "is this the part where I'm supposed to thank you? Because I still haven't decided between being thankful and cussing you the **** out."

Katherine still laughed. "No.. no.. HAH!", she tried saying. "It's just... you... that cameraman.. All the blood!" She laughed even harder from the memory. "Sorry, I really am.. !" she gasped out as she laughed.

But you know, lemme make a compromise. I'm all for compromises. Gotta love getting along and all that.", the trainer said, after a pause, only recognizable by Katherines laughter, as it too died down. she stod up, wiping tears from her eyes, still grasping for air.

"Hats? No. Any other article of clothing? Also no. I'm not getting anywhere near your shopping spree and I suggest you don't tag along with Mr. 'Puff over there either, 'cause he's going to outshine you in every dress you try on. But thanks for the offer." the trainer then said directed at Katherine. This shut her up, and in a sudden turn of mood, she ominously glared at him in response. "you take that back or else..., She mumbled for herself, not sure if anyone heard her or not. It didn't matter, hot as he was, the guy was obviously a troublemaker. Too bad for her she had a soft spot for that kind of guys. she quickly regained her poise, and remained her elegant, "normal" way. The trainer then turned to Andre." "Yeah. Thanks for trying to choke me on that pink, sugary haze. Because you know, I'd much rather die inhaling that **** than lose a leg. Priorities. Great. At least you got 'em straight.", he said, with oozing sarcasm that made Katherine giggle. Andre needed to hear it, seriously. Though she didn't have the stones to do it this directly herself. He then directed himself to Jessie and gave her an earful, to which Katherine didn't bother to listen in to.

At the very same moment, solaris appeared seemingly out of nowhere, and panicked by the sight. She quickly ran to the boy's side and asked for his well being, while furiously shouting for the nurse to appear.

"What is it? And there's no need to shout.", the nurse said as she stepped out, seemingly oblivious to the mayhem that had happened just earlier. "This guy's got a lacerated leg and it's bleeding pretty badly. Could you come here and patch it up?" solaris said, and as the nurse held a finger up as if to say something, she continued. "Or you can give me some antiseptic, clean cloth and bandages so I can do it myself, somebody you have no idea if they have any medical experience, if at all.". Katherine giggled. "Brag a little, shall we?". She meant no harm in her words, and she was also somewhat worried about the guy. solaris proceeded to patch up the new trainers wound, while the others watched. Once she was done, Katherine walked over to him.

"I am so sorry about earlier." She said in a slightly sarcastic tone that implied that she was, in fact, sorry for not taking action, yet she enjoyed the hell out of the scenario. "If only I had my Gastly to use Hypnosis, this could be over quicker.", she continued, thinking of how she could have avoided this in the first place. "I get you don't wanna go hat shopping, but would you care to join me for a visit to the local Cafè later?". She finished off in a very suggestive, yet oddly normal tone. "I Would just love to get to know you more.". She finished with her million-dollar smile.

Last edited:

Viveshade

What's Next?
Carmelo Kinder
Route 3 -> Santalune City Pokémon Center
Party:
361.png
(Chanel)
001.png
(Ivan)
664.png
(Kallima)

Route 3

"Too forward? Heh, I'd love one," Solaris said rather instantaneously.

“Awesome!” Carmelo responded excitedly. His first battle against another trainer! He was up for the challenge. Who would he choose first, he wondered. Ivan? He always seemed eager and willing to battle. Chanel? She had a bit of an edge over Ian, as she was his most experienced Pokémon from what little battling he had done before starting this journey. Kallima was his newest capture, and he was sure that even though she was a bit of a scaredy-bug, she could use the experience as well.

"Eh heh, how about I heal my buddies first, okay?" Solaris remarked.

“Oh, right. I should do the same. I’m sure you three could use some rest, right?” Carmelo asked his three companions. Chanel and Kallima both nodded in unison, while Ivan seemed energized. “You’re always up for anything, Ivan,” he said with a chuckle. Ivan beamed back at him.

She added, "And maybe we could battle somewhere in town, or near it, so we can heal our Pokémon afterwards?"

“Sounds good!” He answered.

He decided to return his Pokémon to their Poké Balls before heading back through the gates to Santalune City.

Once he walked inside, he noticed everyone else from their group, barring one or two others, had gathered together, although it looked like something chaotic had just happened. Oh boy, am I late for something else? Carmelo thought to himself. After handing Nurse Joy his Poké Balls, he walked over and observed the others helping out a strawberry blond guy who looked to be about his height, or maybe just a smidge taller. He noticed that everyone had their Pokémon out and around the guy, and Carmelo couldn’t make heads or tails of what just went on.

“Is he…okay?” Carmelo kind of shook his head after saying that, realizing that it was probably a stupid question. He could tell the guy was in pain, even though it seemed as though he was trying to hide it with his scowling facial expression.

After Solaris and the nurse had finished patching the guy up with the bandages, he looked over as Katherine walked up to him. “I am so sorry about earlier,” she said in a sarcastic tone. “If only I had my Gastly to use Hypnosis, this could be over quicker,” she continued on. “I get you don’t wanna go hat shopping, but would you care to join me for a visit to the local café later? I would just love to get to know you more,” she ended with a suggestive tone and a flash of a smile.

Is he Katherine’s boyfriend? I’m so confused
, Carmelo thought; he didn’t quite catch the fact that she said she is still getting to know him.

“Wow, a Gible,” He said inquisitively. “I’ve never seen one in-person before.” Almost impulsively, he grabbed a bag of ginger cookies made specifically for Pokémon from his backpack and put a few on a napkin for the Gible. “I hope you like these. My Pokémon love them. They’re pretty tasty! …Um…not that I’ve eaten one or anything…” Carmelo laughed nervously.

He then turned to André, and simply asked, “Is he a friend of yours?”

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
André Bellamy
Pokemon Center
Party:
035.png
(Jolie)
653.png
(Daphne)
669.png
(Rose)
280.png
(Pierre)
183.png
(Sophie)

Just as the Rose released her Fairy Wind. Jessie stepped in between the fairy Pokemon and the strangeer, and took the attack, which left her coughing and gagging. She then proceeded to insult André for some reason. André just shrugged his shoulders, and ignored the black clad girl getting angry over something that was her own fault. No one told her to jump in the way of his Pokemon's attack. She had absolutely no reason to be getting upset over dealing with the consequences of her actions. Besides, Fairy Wind smelled wonderful, so André figured she was just being overly dramatic.

She then ordered her newly obtained Poochyena to use Ice Fang on the Gible's tail. This caused the Gible to finally let go of the man's leg. Why she felt the need to do that when his attack would likely have had the same effect, André didn't know. The Pokemon releasing her teeth caused the man to fall down. His Gible proceeded to challenge his Flabebe, and the Poochyena. At least, that's what it looked like by the way the Flabebe sent out one of her Vine Whips and, with a determined look on her little face, smacked the floor as if accepting the challenge. The man proceeded to grab his Gible before a fight had the chance to start, the man grabbed his Gible. This made André wonder why he didn't try returning to the Pokeball? He could have done that when the Gible had bitten his leg. Did he not know how? Even he, who's only experience working with Pokemon other than Jolie was on the set of films knew how to work a Pokeball. André recalled his Flabebe back into her ball just to demonstrate, and to prevent Rose from striking somebody after having her potential sparring partner snatched from her.

Then he proceeded to make personal insults to each and everyone there. André didn't really care much about insults at this point. He was a public figure, he had dealt with harsher critics before. He knew their opinions didn't have any effect on him at the end of the day, so why bother making a fuss about it. He did however have a good laugh at the "outshining Katherine you in every dress he tried on." comment, because that may actually be a true statement. He got another laugh at what he said to Jessie. Now that he brought it up, perhaps these two would be perfect for each other. At the very least they could spend their time hurling insults at one another. It was almost romantic... in a strange way.

At the very same moment, Solaris appeared seemingly out of nowhere, and panicked by the sight, and started tending to the man's wounds. Then, Carmelo came in to the center, and offered some cookies to the man's Gible. André thought about what a nice group of people he was travelling with. How they all drop what they're doing to tend to a complete stranger.

Carmelo then turned to André, and simply asked, “Is he a friend of yours?”

André shook his head. "Non. Well, not yet anyway. But we can start changing that." While the stranger was distracted by everything else that was happening around him, André walked over to the guy, unzipped his bag, and went through it's contents until he found what he was looking for. An empty Pokeball. He knew going through a stranger's belongings was a total invasion of privacy, but how else was he supposed to show him how to use a Pokeball? He took out the ball, pressed the button, and recalled the Gible back into the ball. "There you are mon ami. Problem solved. Although... I do not know why you could not have done that to begin with, but it matters not." André then gave the other man a kiss on the cheek, and took Katherine by the wrist. "Now, if you will excuse me. We must be going. We have a date at the hat store! Au revoir, mon ami!" And with a wave of his arm, he ran out the door of the door of the Pokemon Center with Katherine in tow.

Last edited:

Tangeh

- Gym Leader Viola -
Santalune Gym​

The entrance to the Santalune Gym attracted more than just hopeful trainers. The modern interior's neutral colours helped accentuate the photographs adorning the walls, allowing the facility to double as a gallery. Illumise and volbeat, pineco, beedrill; the two largest photographs at the front featured metapod ("To Be Evolved") and butterfree ("Nectar's Siren Song"). The fireman's pole descending into the next level of the gym was placed in the very center of the room, making it difficult to miss.

Challengers were greeted with an entirely different area down below. A massive "ariados web" (as Viola liked to call it - though safety regulations required it be artificially reinforced, the resident ariodos did love to play on it) caught trainers as they slid down. The room was kept dark and humid, with plenty of live trees and shrubs decorating the edges - perfect for the bug pokemon that Viola allowed to roam freely when they weren't on battle duty. Gym trainers practiced on large wooden platforms scattered around the web. The battlefield itself was generic as per league requirements, but was hidden beneath the web and was difficult to spot upon first glance.

Kalos gyms had a reputation for being overly showy, but Viola absolutely loved it. The gym leader herself preferred spending most of her time in Santalune forest, studying and photographing the local fauna. Her title required her to be in the gym for a set amount of hours each week, so she compromised by setting up a large orange and yellow tent near the end of the gym to work on priming and developing her photographs.

Today was another slow day, but Viola had been out of the gym too much this week to afford to leave. So the blonde entered the gym, gave a friendly nod to the greeter, and slid down the pole. She settled herself under her tent and slipped her camera off her neck. She held a recently-taken photograph of a young caterpie out at arm's length, and tipped it experimentally with one green eye closed.

Fortunately Viola had plenty of photography work to keep her occupied, but she continuously glanced up at the web, hopeful that somebody would arrive to break up the monotony. Even if it were just the routine first-time challengers to any gym - Viola couldn't blame Clemont for imposing a four-badge minimum, but that meant that the majority of new trainers came to Santalune first, considering the nicely maintained flower path was far more inviting than the scorching desert to Ramos and the swamp to Valerie.

Still, she was happy to introduce new trainers to the art of battling.

"Excuzes-moi, may I... may I battle you?"

Viola looked up at the young girl, a fenneken by her side. She was nervously playing with her dark-brown hair and glancing curiously around the gym. Bingo.

Gym Challenger
Santalune Pokemon Center
Affected: Monster Guy, Schade, Viveshade, TheCharredDragon, GoldenHouou, anybody else at the pokemon center

The brown-haired girl brushed past Andre and Katherine in her haste to enter the pokemon center, not even noticing that she was pushing past two celebrities. She held an unconscious fennekin in her arms. "Pardonne-moi!" she apologized quickly before disappearing inside.

She carefully handed her prized pokemon over to the nurse and sighed loudly. She took a few quick glances around, spotted Carmelo, and sidled up to him. "Oh, zee gym leadaar was so strong," she fretted. "I 'ad to wait for two days for 'er to be at zee gym, and all for not! My poor baby..." She anxiously looked back at the nurse, as if expecting the treatment to be done already. "I believed we would have zee type advantage, but non! Ah... I suppose we should not try again today. Although, I 'eard the leadaar will be around for many hours today. It is unusual for her - zis would be zee best opportunity for a gym battle..." The girl hesitated, only just noticing Sigur and Solaris on the floor. "Er... are you - ?"

The pokemon center's jingle went off, and the girl spun around. Her fennekin sat on the table, smiling and swishing its tail pleasantly. "Oh - ! My baby! Merci, merci beaucoup! I am so sorry my little one, we will train 'arder for next time..."

"Fennekin!"

The pair left the center, with the girl only offering a concerned look and wave to the trio as she passed.

Viveshade

What's Next?
Carmelo Kinder
Santalune City Pokémon Center -> Santalune Gym
Party:
361.png
(Chanel)
001.png
(Ivan)
664.png
(Kallima)

André shook his head. "Non. Well, not yet anyway. But we can start changing that." He walked over to the new stranger, unzipped his bag, took out an empty Poké Ball, which was presumably for his Gible, and recalled the Gible back inside. "There you are mon ami. Problem solved. Although... I do not know why you could not have done that to begin with, but it matters not." He then kissed the man on the cheek before excusing himself and Katherine off to the hat store.

“Aw… My hair is too long and curly for a hat,” Carmelo spoke out loud, although it didn’t seem like anyone else heard him.

Not even a minute later, a young girl rushed into the Pokémon Center carrying an unconscious Fennekin. “Poor thing,” Carmelo thought to himself. The girl seemed so distraught, rightfully so, although he wondered if she had just come from the gym. He watched as she handed her frail Pokémon over to the nurse before turning to look straight at him.

“Oh, zee gym leadaar was so strong," she said, making conversation with him. "I 'ad to wait for two days for 'er to be at zee gym, and all for not! My poor baby..." She kept looking back at the nurse anxiously. “She must be in a hurry,” Carmelo thought. "I believed we would have zee type advantage, but non! “Type advantage?” Carmelo noted. “Ah... I suppose we should not try again today. Although, I 'eard the leadaar will be around for many hours today. It is unusual for her - zis would be zee best opportunity for a gym battle..." The girl hesitated, only just noticing Sigur and Solaris on the floor. "Er... are you - ?"

Suddenly, the jingle signaling that your Pokémon are ready to be picked up went off and the girl spun around. There her Fennekin was, good as new, wagging his tail happily. "Oh - ! My baby! Merci, merci beaucoup! I am so sorry my little one, we will train 'arder for next time..." The girl said cheerfully as she picked up her Pokémon off the table.

“Fennekin” The Pokémon cried in agreement.

And with that, the girl waved to us before heading out of the building.

“Hmm… Type advantage… Fennekin is a Fire-type…” Carmelo still didn’t know what type this gym was, but thankfully, the girl gave him a huge clue. Carmelo did know that Fire-type moves were super-effective against Bug, Grass, Ice, and Steel types. Carmelo used deductive reasoning to figure out what type this gym could possibly be. It couldn’t be Ice because that was Wulfric’s gym type back in Snowbelle City, and plus, he didn’t expect such a “green” city like Santalune to be Ice anyway. He didn’t think there were any Ice-types around here anyway, so it wouldn’t make sense. He didn’t think Steel could be it, either, since that type seemed a bit tough to start off with as a beginner, though he supposed it wasn’t too impossible. Still, he figured it wasn’t that likely. With the Roselia fountain in the center of town, he heavily considered Grass-type. He really hoped it was Grass-type because his Scatterbug is the only Bug Pokémon so far that he actually likes. And if it were Grass, his Scatterbug would have an advantage.

“Hm, I guess we’ll find out, won’t we?” He said, as he started to walk out of the center.

“Sir, your Pokémon?” Nurse Joy called out to him. Carmelo smacked himself in the head, just as Chanel would do if she were out with him.

“Oh crap. I kinda need those to battle. Thanks, Nurse Joy,” He said as he picked up his Poké Balls with an embarrassed look on his face. He wondered for a second if he should wait for the new guy and Solaris, but it seemed like he might need to rest a bit more.

“Solaris, I’m going to head on to the gym. Good luck to you whenever you challenge them!” He said before walking out of the center into the bright sunshine. “It feels like I’ve been inside that building for like a month or something,” he weirdly thought to himself. He walked over towards the center of the city, where conveniently, there was a map of the city. “So, I’m here,” he uttered to himself, pointing at the map, “And the gym is there, apparently. Not too far, then.” He started walking in a direction northeast from where he stood. Around ten minutes later, he made it to the gym doors.

Santalune Gym

“My first gym battle… This is going to b-” Suddenly, a newspaper that was blowing in the wind smacked him in the face. “Ouch! Dammit,” he said, brushing the paper off his face, and it blew away with the wind.

“This is going to be a real test for my Pokémon and me… I hope we’re ready!” He said to himself.

“Mommy, why is that guy talking to himself?” A little girl in the background said to her mother as they were walking past. “I don’t know, Tammy. He might be one of those weirdos,” her mother responded. The little girl chuckled and they continued on their way.

“Ugh,” he briskly walked inside the gym with a “-____-;;” look on his face.

He admired the beautiful photographs along the wall, despite them being of Bug-types. His sworn enemy, Beedrill, was in one of the photographs. He did think it was wonderfully photographed, though. He took note of the pole going downward. “Interesting aesthetic,” he thought. “I guess I have no other choice.” As soon as he slid down the pole, he was completely taken away by the sheer beauty of the gym. It was quite extravagant; it almost reminded him of his grandparents’ large greenhouse dome in Celadon City, although not quite as dark. He was suddenly overtaken with emotion from the memories of childhood. It was a very awkward time for that, as he was about to request a gym battle, but he couldn’t help himself.

“Wait…” Suddenly, realizing he was trapped in a web, Carmelo had an unfortunate epiphany. “Wait, wait, WAIT! BUGS, AHHHH!” He shouted, which frightened many of the poor little Bug Pokémon. “Ew, ew, ewww, why did we have to come here first?!” He cried out before quickly covering his mouth with his hands. “That was so rude of me. What if the gym leader heard that?” He shivered as he looked around to see if the gym leader was here. “Can I get down from here?” He wriggled his way out eventually, and fell down onto the battlefield.

“Ow… Is anyone there? Oh,” Carmelo said before noticing the gym leader, Viola, laughing at him.

“How embarrassing. Never mind, I’m here to challenge you to a battle!” He said with faked confidence. The gym leader accepted his request.

“Crap, I should’ve thought about what Pokémon I’m going to use first before I said anything. I have to think quickly. Since this is a Bug-type gym, none of my Pokémon have an advantage, but maybe Kallima could learn a thing or two from this, even if I do end up losing.” He resolved.

“Alright, Kallima, you’re up first!” He said, throwing the Poké Ball into the air.

Tangeh

- Gym Leader Viola -
Santalune Gym​

Viola glanced up curiously from her photography station as she heard a boy shouting. She rested her head on one hand and laughed as she spotted the trainer freaking out over being caught in the web. A caterpie crawled onto her shoulder, and she gently reached around and transferred the little pokemon to her other arm. She winked at it and stood up, looping her camera around her neck. "Looks like it's time for another battle. Bet I can beat him to the field!" The caterpie chirped pleasantly at her, and she allowed it to crawl onto a large leaf just outside of her tent. She waved at a few of the gym trainers as she passed and leapt down to the field, utilizing a piece of the web to expertly slow her fall as she always did.

The boy fell down much less gracefully a few moments later. Viola chuckled at him, noting his sheepish expression.

“How embarrassing. Never mind, I’m here to challenge you to a battle!” the boy announced.

Viola grinned. "You sound pretty confident. Is this your first time challenging a gym?" The boy affirmed that it was. "Fantastic!" Viola exclaimed. She noted that the referee had arrived and was waiting for the match to begin. "Does a single battle with two pokemon each work for you? Whether it's the tears of frustration that follow a loss or the blossoming of joy that comes with victory… They're both great subjects for my camera! Let's see what you've got!"

The boy thought for a few moments, then tossed out a scatterbug. Viola lit up. "Fantastic!" She pulled out her camera and snapped several pictures of the little pokemon. "I have to say, not many people try to challenge a gym leader with the gym's specialty! I can tell this is going to be a good battle." She gave a confident grin and reached for a pokeball. "Let's get going! Go, Venipede!"

A bulky red bug-type appeared on the battle field and emitted a metallic cry. Viola thrust one arm out. "Defense curl!" The venipede curled into a ball and shone a glossy white for a few moments. "Now... rollout!" Still curled into a ball, the venipede began a straight path toward the scatterbug, picking up speed as it got closer...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Katherine Lascelles
355.png
092.png

Unfortunately for Katherine, the cute guy never gave her a proper reply to her offer. It's a shame, she really did want him to tag along with her and Andre. She cast a gloomy look over at Andre. He was going to shop for hats with her, regardless of wether he wanted to or not. If nothing else, she could maybe squeeze out some fun stories about him and her cousin. She knew they had spent a lot of time together, though she never really bothered figuring out exactly what Zackary was doing. Another kid came along to praise the sly little dragon that had caused such a stir, but Katherine gave them no attention. She doubted she would have to deal with the new guy ever again, and giggled to herself for reasons she didn't really understand.

"Non. Well, not yet anyway. But we can start changing that.", Andre replied to the kid about the newcomer and his Gible. she sighed in disappointment when it went up for her that the rumors about Andres.. Indiscrèt behavior wasn't a rumor. Andre did calm everything down though, by invading the newcomers personal space and getting his Pokeball, returning the Gible to his little home. "There you are mon ami. Problem solved. Although... I do not know why you could not have done that to begin with, but it matters not.", andre then said, totally ridiculing the guy in public. he proceeded by kissing his cheeks. "Now, if you will excuse me. We must be going. We have a date at the hat store! Au revoir, mon ami!, he then continued, grabbing Katherine by her wrist and yanking her out with a surprising strength.

"No need to be so crude to me. I am a petite maiden and bruise easily." she said in a teasing tone, though there were truth to it. She had, on more than one occasion, had to cover hserself due to simple bruises by falling, bumping or just tripping over in her heels. "Also, I don't know how you do things, but I felt uncomfortable on that hottie.. uhm.. That guys behalf.". She gave it more thought before continuing. "That reminds me of the rumors. Seeing you in action proves you're just such a womanizer. Or.. Man-izer." she giggled. "From a curious perspective; why do you behave like that?". By the time her little monolouge was done, they had appeared at the hat store, which was located just next to the Pokemon Center. she had been there before, but was surprised byt he amount of time it had seemed it took for them to get there.

Getting in, they were immiediatly welcomed by two shop clerks. One was a very gay man with an orange scarf, and the other was a young woman in a way too colorful outfit. It was no secret that they knew who had entered their store. Katherine was, after all, on the wall on several posters wearing an exotic variety of hats. she suddenly became very modest.

"Oh. My. god, Miria, am i hallicunating?!" The guy said, jaw-dropping.

"Oh. My. God, Isaac, you are not!", the woman replied, with an equally surprised look on her face. A little part of Katherine hoped they were hyped about Andre, and not her. Andre seemed to like this attention, and grinned by the approach.

"Oh. My. God, Katherine Lascelles and andre Bellamy in our plain little store?!" The woman said, overly dramatic.

"Oh. My. God, they're totally here!" The man in the orange scarf said. They had a weird synchronised way of talking which made Katherine slightly uncomfortable. she was used to a life in the spotlight, but it had been so long, she had forgotten about the intensity of it all.

"Uhm.. Yes, it is us!" she said, trying to sound as dramatic as the two Clerks. "And we would like to browse through your selection of fashionable hats." she continued. The clerks lit up like Litwicks in a graveyard.

"In private." She finished with her practiced serious, grim look. This toned them down a bit.

"O. Of course, madame. Let us know if the two of you need any help." the two said in unison before stepping back, probably to their own business. Katherine felt like they hadn't seen the last of them.

"So. Hats!" Katherine said in a stern, direct tone, looking at andre. "This is not a matter of simple try-ons. We are here to get results!". She sounded sterner than usual, not sure how andre would react. She was well customed to fashion, and knew that silly try-ons would result in a leak online about "lol Katherine Lascelles seen in a dumb Dedenne hat!". She shrugged at the memory. Andre seemed like the fashionable guy, and she had no doubts he would understand her point of wiev. She found a wide-brimmed straw-hat with a blue ribbon attached to it and made a dramatic and daring turn towards Andre. "What do you think?", she asked. she was serious, but didn't manage to hide her excitement .

Viveshade

What's Next?
Carmelo Kinder
Santalune Gym
Party:
361.png
(Chanel)
001.png
(Ivan)
664.png
(Kallima)

"Fantastic!" Viola said before pulling out her camera to take several pictures of Kallima. Kallima blushed and shook her head to the side to avoid the camera flashes. Carmelo chuckled to himself. “Never a wrong time for a picture, I suppose,” he thought. "I have to say, not many people try to challenge a gym leader with the gym's specialty! I can tell this is going to be a good battle,” Viola said after she finished her short photoshoot with Kallima. She gave a confident grin and reached for a pokeball. "Let's get going! Go, Venipede!" The bulky red Bug-type Pokémon emerged onto the field and emitted a metallic cry.

Almost impulsively, Carmelo took out his Pokédex to look up information on Venipede.

“Venipede – The Centipede Pokémon - It discovers what is going on around it by using the feelers on its head and tail. It is brutally aggressive. It has an intense bite that projects a potent poison, enough to paralyze large bird Pokémon that attempt to prey on it.”

He cringed at the sight of it, but he tried to keep it together, especially for Kallima. “Alright, Kallima, you ready?” He shouted out to her.

“Scatter!” Kallima turned her head to him and nodded.

“Defense Curl!” Viola commanded, thrusting her arm out. The Venipede curled into a ball and shone a glossy white for a few moments. "Now... Rollout!" Still curled into a ball, the Venipede began a straight path toward the Scatterbug, picking up speed as it got closer.

“Kallima, use Stun Spore once it gets close to you!” Kallima braced herself for Venipede; the Bug Pokémon was gaining speed so quickly, it was straight out of a horror movie in Carmelo’s eyes. It was no doubt that the Pokémon had been trained exceptionally well. Kallima was hit by the Rollout, and rolled backwards several feet. She had taken so much damage already.

“Kallima, are you okay?! Can you use Stun Spore still?” Carmelo shouted out to her. Kallima struggled a bit to get up, but she seemed to be holding her own for a bit more. “That Rollout… So powerful. And Rollout is a Rock-type move, isn’t it? So it was super-effective…” He thought.

“Okay, we’ll continue with Stun Spore into the air! And then use String Shot to slow that Venipede down a bit!” He ordered.

Vern

Why not both?
Luna Ashfeld
Santalune City Pokemon Centre
Party: ;200; (Valencia) :656: (Valaine) ;280; ((September) Shiny)

Luna let out a sigh of relief, glad to have escaped whatever unsavoury business that was going on in the Pokemon Centre. She sat down on the pavement, using the walls of the building she had just left as something to lean on. Now that she was alone and at ease, it began dawning on her that she might look rather suspicious, with the hood that hid her face and the fact that she had been trying to make herself as inconspicuous as possible. It wasn’t a problem where she used to live - everyone was pretty suspicious, in both senses of the word - but here, that could very well be quite troublesome. Perhaps she ought to go take a look at the clothing store, to see what they had.

A little voice in Luna’s brain told her that, considering how much she knew about fashion (which was nothing at all), she’d probably just end up looking stupid, or perhaps even more sketchy. She sighed and brushed that thought to the back of her mind. Whatever happens will happen.

Just as she had reached down for her Pokeballs, she was interrupted by André, the model girl in tow, exiting the Pokemon Centre with a spring in his step. He seemed to be heading towards the hat store, which was just down the road. Luna debated whether to follow them, but decided that the girl that had just appeared in her field of view, carrying an unconscious Fennekin like she was cradling a baby, was more interesting. When the girl walked right past her and burst into the Pokemon Centre, Luna couldn’t help but move to stand up and follow her in.

However, she was tired, gravity was surprisingly strong, and the position in which she was sat was comfortable. So, by the time she was finally on her feet and in the Pokemon Centre, the girl was already engaged in conversation with the guy who had come in late a while back. She remembered his name sounded something like caramel. She never was very good at remembering names.

“-zee best opportunity for a gym battle…” she was saying, sounding kind of annoyed. Judging from the circumstances, she had probably just lost to the gym leader.

Luna looked down to see the guy from earlier lying on the floor and the fire girl bent over him, applying some sort of bandage to his leg. So she knew first aid? Not bad. Seeing that most of the others were preoccupied, Luna pressed herself to the wall of the Pokemon Centre and began inching towards them, where she would be able to hear more clearly. As she did so, she saw Caramel beginning to walk out of the centre. He brushed past her, but didn’t seem to notice.

“Sir, your Pokemon?” the Nurse at the Centre called, addressing the boy. Had he forgotten them in his hurry to leave? The boy, obviously embarrassed, kind of gave a little chuckle and took the Pokeballs before turning to the fire girl and the man on the floor.

“Solaris, I’m going to head on to the gym. Good luck to you whenever you challenge them!” he said, his tone cheerful. So the girl’s name was Solaris. Somehow, Luna felt that she might have trouble remembering that.

Considering that the gym here was bug type, the leader must be very skilled to have defeated a Fennekin, one of the more powerful fire type Pokemon around for new trainers to use. That, coupled with the fact that Luna wasn’t exactly a skilled trainer and knew it, was enough to convince her that the gym was beyond her, at least for now. For now, she decided to simply train and play with her Pokemon in the wild, and save the gyms till later. She had never gone on this trip to fight in gym battles, after all.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
André Bellamy
Pokemon Center > Hat Store
Party:
035.png
(Jolie)
653.png
(Daphne)
669.png
(Rose)
280.png
(Pierre)
183.png
(Sophie)

"No need to be so crude to me. I am a petite maiden and bruise easily." she said seemingly jokingly. "Also, I don't know how you do things, but I felt uncomfortable on that hottie.. uhm.. That guys behalf." André raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. She paused a bit before continuing. "That reminds me of the rumors. Seeing you in action proves you're just such a womanizer. Or.. Man-izer." she giggled. "From a curious perspective; why do you behave like that?"

André raised an eyebrow. People said all kinds of things about him. Some of it true, some of it not. He had an answer prepared for whenever he was asked by somebody about it. "You say that like it's a bad thing! " He said with a laugh. "Is it wrong to want to make new friends? I think not."

It didn't take that long for them to make it to the hat shop. It was right next to the Pokemon Center after all. When they entered, they were immiediatly welcomed by two shop clerks. One was a man with an orange scarf, and the other was a young woman in a very colorful outfit. André always liked when people played with colors in their fashion choices. The two clerks immediately recognized who had entered the store. That wasn't surprising to André. He was after all a famous movie star, and Katherine's face was all over the walls of the store modeling various kinds of hats.

"Oh. My. God, Katherine Lascelles and André Bellamy in our plain little store?!" The woman exclaimed.

"Oh. My. God, they're totally here!" The man in the orange scarf said.

André grinned, and showed off his perfectly white teeth. Being randomly recognized by people was one of his favorites parts of being famous. So many other celebrities complained about the attention, but André knew they wouldn't be stars if they didn't like the attention to some degree.

"Uhm.. Yes, it is us!" Katherine replied. "And we would like to browse through your selection of fashionable hats."

The clerks faces lit up brightly.

"In private." She finished with a serious look. The clerks became sad, and so did André. They seemed like nice people. And trying on hats by yourself was boring. An audience was always appreciated.

"Oh, of course, madame. Let us know if the two of you need any help." the two said in unison before stepping back to their own business.

"So. Hats!" Katherine said to André. "This is not a matter of simple try-ons. We are here to get results!". She sounded more serious than usual. She picked out a wide-brimmed straw-hat with a blue ribbon attached to it and struck a pose towards André. "What do you think?" She asked.

"Très bien, ma chérie." André answered with a smile. "It goes with your outfit so well!" André then looked at the hats for men, and frowned. All they had were caps, and boring fedoras. He had expected this. For some reason, men's fashions were severely lacking in things that interested him. It's the reason why he had to have things custom made for him, or he had to wear women's things. He looked over at the women's hats, and found a fancy wide brimmed pink hat decorated with bows, and walked over to it. He took off the pink beret he was already wearing, and picked up the other hat.

He was immediately approached by a clerk. "Excuse-moi, monsieur. That is a women's hat. The men's hats are over there." He pointed to the boring men's hats with his thumb.

André gave him a funny look that suggested 'I am a movie star, I can do what I want' and proceeded to put the fancy pink hat on top of his head. "What is your point?" He asked sarcastically. "It is not my fault the mens hat are so..." He then covered his mouth with his hand and did an exaggerated yawn to demonstrate his boredom. The young movie star then confidently walked up to the nearby mirror, and admired himself in it. "J'aime ça! As a matter of fact. I am sure I have an outfit somewhere that goes with this."

Last edited:

Tangeh

- Gym Leader Viola -
Santalune Gym​

Viola heard the gym challenger order his scatterbug to use stun store. "Roll right through it, Venipede! Attack and circle back!" If Venipede went fast enough, Viola knew that the stun spore had a good chance of missing. The tiny spore particles were easily swayed by the wind - she knew this better than anybody. Her venipede ended up landing a direct hit on the scatterbug, and it quickly circled back as instructed. This allowed it to evade the initial stun spore, but unfortunately allowed the scatterbug a moment of opportunity to recuperate. "Alright, head back! Rollout once more!"

Venipede continued back toward the scatterbug, but a sticky white substance collided with him and slowed him a bit. The pokemon wobbled and Viola could sense he was nervous. "It's okay, Venipede! Just keep..." Her venipede stopped rolling and winced, sparks flying off of it. Viola's eyes widened. The string shot had slowed her venipede down enough for the stun spore to accurately take effect. This would make her rollout strategy a lot more risky. "Not bad!" Viola complimented, quickly regaining her confident posture. "But there's more where that came from! Venipede, infestation!"

"Veni!" Venipede's eyes glowed for a moment, and several black dots began appearing underneath the scatterbug...