• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Chronicles RPG Thread

Viveshade

What's Next?
Carmelo Kinder
Santalune Gym
Party:
361.png
(Chanel)
001.png
(Ivan)
664.png
(Kallima)

"Alright, head back! Rollout once more!" Carmelo heard Viola call out to her tough, bug Pokémon. "Damn, these gym leaders are really no joke," Carmelo mumbled to himself. "I think Rollout gets stronger with continued use as well, so the next one, if it lands, will do even more damage... Kallima, watch out!" He called out to her.

Venipede rolled quickly towards Kallima, but luckily, String Shot hit its target and ended up slowing Venipede down, even if only just a little bit. "Every little bit counts," Carmelo thought.

"It's okay, Venipede! Just keep..." Her Venipede stopped rolling and winced, sparks flying off of it. Viola's eyes widened. The String Shot had slowed her Venipede down enough for the Stun Spore to accurately take effect. "Yes, it's paralyzed!" Carmelo thought, a look of reassurance appearing on his face.

"Not bad!" Viola complimented, quickly regaining her confident posture. "But there's more where that came from! Venipede, infestation!"

"Veni!" Venipede's eyes glowed for a moment. Suddenly, several black dots began appearing underneath Kallima.

"Wha-? What is that?" Carmelo said with a look of confusion slightly mixed with awe. The black dots began pinching at Kallima, which caused her to shriek in pain. "Kallima, can you get out of it? I've never heard of this move before!" Kallima struggled to relieve herself of the tiny black dots, which were increasing in number as they came out of the dots that appeared underneath Kallima only a few moments before.

"Scatter! Scatterbug, Scatter!" Kallima yelped as the Infestation move was doing impressive damage.

"Kallima!" Carmelo called out, desperately trying to think of what to do next. The Infestation move, along with the powerful Rollout, proved to be too much for Kallima and she fell to the ground in defeat. "No! Kallima, are you alright?" Carmelo's expression turned from confusion to desperation as he looked onward at his poor, fainted Pokémon. "I'm sorry, Kallima. I couldn't think quickly enough. Return, you've earned a long rest." He said before a red light surrounded Kallima, and returned her back into the Poké Ball.

"I have one more left... I think Chanel will be my best bet now," He thought. "Okay, Chanel, give it your best!" He threw her Poké Ball high above the battlefield, and a white light popped out of the Poké Ball, and onto the field to reveal Chanel.

"Snorunt!" Chanel cried out confidently.

"Now, it's our turn to get some attacks in! Use Hidden Power!" He commanded.

"Snooooorunt!" Chanel exclaimed as she jumped into the air and her body began to glow with a bright orange aura. Then, numerous orange spheres appeared around her before she shot them towards the opponent.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
(OOC: this is supposed to come before Solaris enters)

Jessalyn MacDougall
Santalune Pokemon Center > Route 3
Party: ;228; (Raoul)
656.png
(Loki), ;261; (Gaius)

"You know, Juliet, I'm all for tragic teenage love and everything, but next time, try to pick someone who's read the script. Less heart attacks for me, less choking on sugary-sweet fairy farts for you. Unless you're into that shit. In which case, refer to the hat chick. You two'd get along great. But thanks for the near-frostbite, I guess." The guy with the Gible pronounced in a manner of speech that seemed hellbent on trying to intimidate Jessie. Tch, try harder, chump, she thought, her face hardening. Teenage love? As if she was the sort who even fancied such things. Of course, part of her knew that even this teenage love he spoke of was a lot more normal and preferable to the arrangement she had experienced for herself for a number of years, a situation that could be best described as weird.

"Right, cunt. If you're looking for a fucking Juliet to your Romeo, why don't you go snog that motherfucker Bellamy?" She taunted back, before stepping towards him and cracking her knuckles. "Besides, you say you don't like heart attacks? Why not try this and tell me if you like it?" She snarled, before curling her left hand into a fist and socking him hard on his jaw. She did not wait to hear the satisfying crack, or his answer. Company was so annoying sometimes, and frankly, she needed some time away from people, alone. She turned sharply on the heel of her combat boot and flipped the bird at the guy, as well as Andre and the rest.

"You know what, I'm outta here," she growled before heading out the doors of the Pokemon Center, noticing the tall girl from their group earlier entering, though Jessie paid her no mind.

----

Now alone, Jessie felt more at ease. Too much annoying company did not do anything for her. Well, she should've known when she agreed to accept the invitation...but things were easier said than done. All she had wanted was her freedom, a freedom that she didn't want to be snatched away from her anytime soon, not when she was finally free from his clutches...

Erik, the man she wanted nothing to do with, the man who was a thousand times worse than teenage love, yet was also the one whom her own traitorous heart ached for, in some strange way. No, she did not want to see his face again, not when she knew that some part of him still lingered in her...an essence that she wanted to get rid of. Cruel, possessive, obsessed, disgusting...that was the man she knew. He was the man who enslaved her by exploiting her one weakness, the man who hypnotised her and forced her to do his bidding, who, for a time, made her believe that he was someone who just needed compassion. She wanted so much to forget him, but she wasn't about to now, wasn't she? Not when he was headed to Kalos to take what was his.

"No, I can do this on my own...I don't need anyone," she grumbled to herself as she stopped by a tree and leaned against it. Her Pokemon gathered around her, and Raoul let out a sad whine. Jessie's expression softened as she looked at her tiny pup. If Alistair was her one weakness, her Pokemon surely was going to be her next one. Pokemon were different from most people in that they at least, were nice to have around and were hardly insufferable. She crossed her arms and propped one leg up against the trunk as she debated on where she was going to head out next. Maybe she could head back to Laverre by way of Lumiose? Somewhere else? This was her chance to get away and find a way to not be found...or to take care of Erik himself.

Erik...she thought once again as a song found its way to her throat. It was a song that threatened to burst out too many times, yet it was one that she forced back in all the time. Singing...her own airy soprano that she despised...they reminded her too much of his obsession. Only in nightmares would she sing, and she wasn't even one to sleep deeply to begin with...never again was she going to do anything that reminded her of his feelings and her own weakness. She had to find a way to deal with him herself, without having to go through...what Andre Bellamy might've called a fabulous journey. She was perfectly capable of having her own journey, of course, once she settled her score with the man.

A stream of cold water interrupted her from sinking further into her own thoughts. She felt something damp land on her shoulder, and turned her head to see that it was just Loki. Impetuous and impatient as always...she thought that he, perhaps, was tired of being idle, especially when there was a Gym right in town. Truth be told, she wanted to challenge the Gym as well, but then again, that probably meant bumping into those...bastards again.

"But I signed up for this damn thing, didn't I?" She wondered aloud, throwing her hands in the air and flipping birds. She didn't want to admit it, but there was also a part of her that didn't enjoy backing out of things. She was a fighter, not a coward, dammit! And backing out...did that mean she was chicken? That she wasn't the same girl who broke free on her own? The others...they were insufferable, but surely if she could live with Erik, she could handle everything?

What are a few damn people, then? Who knows...I could even hand Andre's ass over in battle soon and burst that damn ego of his, she snickered to herself, before turning around and looking at her three Pokemon. What was a few people indeed? If she didn't want to tolerate them, there was always her fists, or showing them up at drinking games, or anything else.

"C'mon, boys...let's get to the Gym. Let's show those assholes how we handle things," she smirked, before beginning to head back to the city.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
Santalune City Pokémon Center
Party:
443.gif
(Bál)

After having finally gotten a chance to open his mouth and tell everyone the hell off, Sigur very much expected things to calm down. After all, he'd already been attacked by two different Pokémon, gotten flirted with by some chick that may or may not have murdered people at some point in her life, and gotten himself 'saved' by a chick that looked like she was related to the goddamn Grim Reaper himself. His quota for weird shit must've been filled for the day, right? Right?

Yeah. As if he'd been that fucking lucky; Sigur had barely had the time to push himself to stand when the tall chick that was apparently allergic to every fucking color but black just... completely snapped. Before Sigur could properly register the words that left her lips, she'd already crossed the short distance between them and, apparently realizing that she sucked at coming up with verbal retorts, figured that punching him the goddamn face was a sound alternative. Obviously. Because nothing screamed 'I totally grew up past the age of five' like throwing a temper tantrum and getting physical for shit someone said.

A fact that Sigur probably would have voiced, if he wasn't too busy yelping in pain and falling right back down on his ass instead. But you know, that was cool. The floor was cool. He totally didn't mind rubbing his ass all over it multiple times a day or anything.

Note to self: if someone looks like a thug, acts like a thug and speaks like a thug, they're probably a thug and it'd probably be best to cuss them out from a safe distance - or from behind a brick wall.

And then, before Sigur managed to do anything but make sure his jaw was still intact (it was, thank god), someone suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him up to stand again. Flinching from the sudden touch right after being socked, the blond spent the first half a minute of the interaction pretty much trying to process who this person was and what the hell had he done to her, until he realized that she wasn't here to maim him. No, see, this chick was totally different from the one before; while the previous one had nearly killed him with violence, this one almost choked him with concern instead. Oh, but both chicks were tall, though. Because of course they fucking were. It's not like his ego had suffered enough today, now he had to be helped up by a girl that towered over him too. Life was beautiful.

Still, she was pretty efficient in getting the nurse's attention and demanding treatment for him, which, okay, Sigur didn't really mind. Because between his bitten leg and punched jaw, he was actually in pain, and ready to swallow what little he had left of his pride to allow himself to be patched up. So, yes, for once, he didn't object to what she was doing.

"Or you can give me some antiseptic, clean cloth and bandages so I can do it myself, somebody you have no idea if they have any medical experience, if at all."

At least, not until that line. Ooooh, hell no, he wasn't about to lose his damn leg because some random good Samaritan wanted to play mind games with the nurse, and he let that show by attempting to pull himself away from her - to no avail, of course, because what little strength he had in his good leg was entirely used up on just trying to stay standing. Luckily, the nurse did seem to actually agree with his sentiment for once, seeing as she soon disappeared to go fetch whatever shit was needed - albeit begrudgingly. Well, fuck you too, nurse Joy.

A moment later Sigur found himself sitting on the couch, his leg all wrapped up, a cold bag pressed to his jaw and his mood sour.

"You feel any better? I can get some painkillers if you want if it hurts badly."

"No thanks, mom," Sigur groaned without a moment's hesitation, although he instantly winced as he did. Talking hurt his jaw, and his voice came out in a strange kind of mumble due to the large ice pack held to his face. Still, his tone was frustrated and sarcastic as ever, even if, for the time being, it wasn't as sharp as usual. "I think I've dealt with enough killers for one day."

... Okay, that was bad. See, even his wit had gone all sour and shitty. This goddamn day was slowly destroying him. Or maybe the black-clad chick from earlier had infected him with dry-retort-icitis. Ew.

"Oh, and just so you know, I don't owe you shit for this," he added all of a sudden, each word coming out with great perceivable effort. His tone was a bit calmer, but whether it reflected his mood or was merely a consequence of the pain was unclear. "I didn't ask to be helped, so if you want money or something, go kiss up to those guys."

Sigur nodded towards the pink dude and the scary chick from earlier, only to notice that a) some new dude had joined their merry band of weird fucks and managed to use food to bribe Bál, b) the flamboyant dude had actually gotten Bál inside a Pokéball while she was distracted (oh, so, wait, THAT was what those spheres were for?!) and c) ... the scary goddamn chick was headed right his way. Oh, holy shit, who'd he need to sell his soul to in order to get rid of her?!

"I am so sorry about earlier."

I fuckin' bet, Sigur bemoaned inwardly, his eyes narrowing as she got closer and closer, practically telling him that she could have ended the whole freaking chaos before it even began with her Gastly. But, you know, she just hadn't. Because she was a goddamn sadist.

"I get you don't wanna go hat shopping, but would you care to join me for a visit to the local Cafè later? I Would just love to get to know you more."

Sigur was about to answer. He really was. It wasn't going to be a very nice answer, as his usually weren't, but an answer nonetheless. Only, before he could so much as start to think of the wittiest way to turn down a blooming psychopath, something else happened - something that was arguably worse than a date with this nutjob.

The other blond dude walked up to him with Bál's Pokéball in hand and, after spouting some nonsense that flew right over Sigur's pounding head, fucking smooched him.

And so suddenly, the fact that Sigur had just grabbed a ball the other had offered him felt about a million times dirtier than it was supposed to. As did his cheek, by the way.

Hell. No. That was quite frankly the very final straw.

He absolutely hated every fucking thing in existence. Ever.

And he really needed some rest.

A fact he realized the second he bolted up from his seat to yell at the other blond - only to find out that he'd gotten up waaay too fast considering the amount of blood he'd lost from his leg already. Luckily, the nurse seemed to notice the color quickly draining from his face and swiftly dragged him to the backroom before he could pass out and fall onto the floor again.

Santalune City, sometime later
Outside the Pokémon Center -> Hat Store

... In retrospect, letting Bál her out of her Pokéball again was probably not a very good idea. Then again, it's not like Sigur had been given much of a choice; ever since the nurse had deemed him 'well enough' to walk again and practically kicked him out of the Pokémon Center, Bál had been hellbent on being let out of her ball, to the point that he'd needed to keep squeezing the goddamn thing shut to keep her from escaping. And since there was only so much ball squeezing a guy could bear to do before he realized what his life had come to, she had eventually triumphed and he'd let her out to free his hands for holding a map instead.

Not that holding it helped much; he still had absolutely no idea where to go, and even if he'd had a definite route in mind, he would've gotten lost trying to pry Bál off of every other stranger they came across, anyway. Apparently, the little shit hadn't taken losing all that well, and was now determined to try and sharpen her fangs on absolutely everything that moved to make up for her failure.

So, yeah. This had... been his glorious debut to the Pokémon training scene. A wonderful start to a fucking wonderful journey. Really, if what had just happened a while ago was any indication of things about to come, Sigur was fairly sure he needed to reconsider his career path - and quick. Maybe something less dangerous would work, like, oh, hell, a firefighter, a professional bungee jumper (rope optional), or a legendary hunter or anything else in the whole fucking world? He'd rather be fishing Carvanha with his bare appendixes than go through what he just had again. It's not like he'd feel the bites anyway; Bál had made sure he'd grown a freaking thick skin when it came to being bitten. Because you know, she was nice like that.

Speaking of nice, what the hell had been up with all the people wanting to help him today? Had some fuck plastered a plate saying "The Woobie" on him when he wasn't looking? Grumbling profanities to himself, the blond ran a hand through his hair - and subconsciously checked his forehead for any writing while he was at it, just in case - as he rounded a yet another corner, nose still buried in the map.

Okay, so according to the map meant for beginning trainers, he was supposed to visit a gym or something. Which, if you asked him, was stupid as hell; why would you need to get ripped if you had monsters with superpowers to do stuff for you? Tch, well, whatever, it's not like he had any other clue as to where to--

"Grrrrbleh!"

Almost hitting a tactically placed signpost, Sigur tore his gaze from the map the second he heard his starter's cry. He knew that tone, and it wasn't a pleasant one; it meant that she was out for blood. You know. More thaN usual.

It didn't take Sigur long to spin around and notice the Gible running back the way they'd just come from. At first, he thought she was running back into the Pokémon Center for some reason, but then she suddenly took a sharp turn to the left, towards the open door of a mearby hat store.

"Really, Bál, freaking really? A hat store? Now you discover your feminine side!?" Sigur groaned in frustration as he kicked himself into a limping run after the dragon. "Get the hell ba -tch, oww..- ck here! Hey!"

Nope, she wasn't listening. Not like he'd expected anything less from evil incarnate but hey, a guy had to try. Unfortunately, considering how fast the little bugger was and how slow Sigur had been rendered due to his injured leg, there was absolutely no way he could've caught up with Bál before she had already stormed right into the store. And so, Sigur had little choice but to follow suit, angry and confused as he barged in after her.

"Bál!" he shouted once more, sharp eyes scanning the floor for a familiar blue blob, but to no avail. Ugh, fine, then plan b it was. Digging into his bag, Sigur pulled out her Pokéball and held it out in front of him. This... had been what the pink dude had done too, right? Just... held the thing, and then somehow, she'd returned inside it? Uh.

Determined to get his plan to work, Sigur swung the ball around in the air a few times, gaining quite a few looks from the customers that nearly got slammed in the face during his flailing, until a familiar red beam finally shot out from the sphere. Grinning victoriously, Sigur allowed his gaze to follow the beam of energy to the other side of the store where Bál was just dematerializing into a mass of energy herself. "Ha!" Sigur rejoiced, raising his gaze from the floor to the two humans Bál had been threatening before his timely intervention.

"Gotcha, you little bi-...i.." Sigur's mouth was still open, but he had trouble forming any more coherent words as he realized exactly who Bál had been bothering. "...i...t.. chshit."

All of a sudden, Sigur had a really violent urge to go try that bungee jumping without a rope thing.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=----------------~~----------------=
Katherine Lascelles
Lumiose City -> Santalune City -> Route 3
355.png
092.png

"Très bien, ma chérie.", Andre replied in his rather typical way to the hat Katherine had tried on. "It goes with your outfit so well!" he continued. Katherine smirked at the compliment. "Thank you, thank you." she said with a smile while trying out different poses in front of the mirror. She noticed that Andre briefly skimmed over the mens section before settling on a pink hat, similar to her own. "Excuse-moi, monsieur. That is a women's hat. The men's hats are over there.", a store clerk then said to Andre. Andre just waved it off in his typical, slightly exaggerating snobby way which Katherine for some reason loved, and went to pose in front of the mirror next to her.

Katherine took off the hat she was wearing and walked back to where she found it. On the rack next to it, there were a few stylish fedoras in display. Katherine, being a big sucker for fedoras, started to brew an idea. She picked up a pretty plain, beige fedora and walked over to the mirror again. She held the fedora with both her hands and stared intensely at it. "Y'know, call this morbis curiosity, but there is something I just need to know." she then swiftly brushed Andres pink hat off by the brim, and stealthily placed the fedora on his head. She had always wanted to know how he would look like in more... not the kind of clothing he normally wore. He looked rather dashing in the fedora, and she did not know why he disliked them so.

"Look at you, you look amazing!" She excitedly exclaimed as she held around his shoulders in a very Bff-kinda way. She fiddled out her phone to get a few pictures, a few of which she tauntingly sent to her cousin, only to be able to document this. She went ahead and did the same while wearing a barrage of different-looking hats and headgear, enough to fill a montage had there been background music. Once she was done though, she started to hear some sort of commotion going on in the store. had another celebrity entered the store? She turned around to see.. Gible. Standing there, looking up at her with adorable eyes. God, she loved that little thing, evil as it may be to its trainer. Which reminded her. If the little thing was here, did that mean.. "Gotcha, you little bi-...i.." the familiar, angry, slightly confused and extremely exhausted voice said. It was the blonde dude from the Pokemon center! Vague, yes, but she was pretty sure she didn't catch his name. Was it Olaf? Hans? Eh, whatever. "...i...t.. chshit.", the guy finished his train of thought, and it was easy to see how his victory over regaining Gible was clouded by the sudden realization of whom he had come across. Katherine didn't care about that, and though he was a rude one, she was really excided their paths had crossed again. She grinned widely at him by the realization that it was in fact him standing there.

"Oh, fancy meeting you here!", Katherine eagerly said, stuffing a Pangoro hat into one of the shelves as if to hide a bloody knife. "I take it you are here to take me up on the offer for that date at the cafè?" she said with slight sarcasm and a sly smile. She had completely forgotten Andre was still there when she decided to leave the hat store. "The cafè is just a short hike from here, Come on." she said in a friendly tone to the blonde guy before shifting to an ominous tone. "This is non-negitionable.". She could see that this was unsettling for the guy, which in turn made it even the more funny. She grabbed his warm, oddly firm hand, and yanked him after her out of the store, like Andre had done to her when leaving the Pokemon Center. Upon leaving, she rushed past the clerks again.

"Oh my god, Katherine Lascelles is leaving our little store!", the woman said, sounding as if she had thought up a revolutionary idea.

"Oh my god, yes she definitely did!" The guy said and flamboyantly threw his scarf over his shoulder.

~~~

Not too long after, the duo arrived at the cafè. Katherine ordered a plain baguette and a Swirlix shake for Persephone, who she had let out of her Pokeball.
"It seems most of the group are over at the gym, and i am surprised you're not with them." she said in a normal manner. No need to act all posh and weird now. "I've only been in this town for about an hour, and I am dead tired already. My plan is to relax until someone gives me a holler for us to keep moving, what about you?", she said while ruining the perfect image by taking a huge slurping sip from Persephone's shake in a flirtatious manner. Persephone was not happy about that.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Solaris Hernandez
Santalune Pokémon Center -> Santalune Gym
Party: X (Riolu), Aria (Chespin) Ashe (Zigzagoon)

"No thanks, mom," the guy said to her question. "I think I've dealth with enough killers for one day."

Most would not take too kindly to the boy's response. In fact, most would probably want to diss the guy or worse. Not Solaris. What did she do in response? She chuckled at the comment. In her mind, he had a good point for both. Homer always thought she was motherly at times. Sometimes too much. In fact, she was still rather concerned for him considering he had a hard time talking with his jaw. And then there was the guy's situation. He had his leg bitten by a little dragon with teeth obviously designed to kill and was injured. Probably helped very little with his mood.

"All right, but the offer still stands if you need 'em," she said with a concerned look,.

That look quickly changed when Carmelo called to her.

"Solaris, I’m going to head on to the gym. Good luck to you whenever you challenge them!"

She facepalmed. How could she forget that?

"Good luck, Carmelo! Hope you do well!" she shouted.

She wanted to go too, but first things first, she had to heal her team.

After having her team healed, she head straight for the gym. ...but it took a while to actually get there. This was all due to a combination of factors, but it was mostly because she was new and she had a bit of a lousy sense of direction, especially in new places, which is what this place falls under for her. After several turns, twists, dead ends and asking people (some, she noticed, gave her odd looks) to make sure she was heading the right direction.

She was pretty sure she arrived at the right place when she opened the door.

"Woah."

There were framed pictures on the wall, filling them to its brim. They were all about Bug Pokémon and they were all splendid. Many in angles and in scenes that she knew would've required a lot of patience to take. She couldn't help but examine them all first. Her favorite was of a family of Leavanny and Sewaddle with the Sewaddle playing with each other. It reminded her of her family.

When she was done with looking at all the pictures, she finally gave proper look at the rest of the building. She immediately spotted the pole in the middle of a hole (hey, that rhymes). She motioned for Aria to let her pick her up. With Aria securely in the grasp of one arm, she went near the pole and went down. She was only half surprised by the web that caught her. As soon as she saw it, she thought that explained why all the pictures were of Bug Pokémon.

She gained her bearings first, using the pole for support, before she looked at her surroundings again. There were other platforms at the same height as the spider web. But it wasn't where the gym battles were being fought. She knew, as she could see below her an unfamiliar blonde girl and a familiar boy having a Pokémon battle below. She just smiled. She couldn't wait to battle. But first, she had to get down there.

Thankfully, that was prettt easy. All she did was have Aria use Vine Whip, after she recalled X and Ashe, to lower her down there. The Chespin did the same with herself but unlike with Solaris, she caught the Grass type so she could let go sooner. After a quick petting to show her gratitude, she quickly explained why she recalled her into Pokéball before turning to watch Carmelo's battle unfold.

It was over. For her, it felt quick, but who knew how long it really was? She often got swept up in a fight and lost track of time. Regardless, she gave Carmelo a smile and a thumbs up as he walked away from the battlefield.

"Good battle. You did you best," she said before she took his place on the battlefield.

She said, this time to the gym leader, "Hey, I wanna challenge you to a battle!"

She then grabbed ahold of one of her Pokéballs and threw it.

"Ashe! Time for your debut!"

She caught the returning sphere as Ashe materialized in front of her. The Zigzagoon stared straight ahead and, surprisingly, had a smile on her face that reminded Solaris of her own. Not that she mind. It just made her more pumped up. She looked at the gym leader with a smile and a sort of fire in her eyes. She couldn't wait.

Tangeh

- Gym Leader Viola -
Santalune Gym - Vs. Carmelo​

The investation landed a direct hit on the opposing scatterbug, and it collapsed. Venipede circled back to stand in front of his trainer. Viola smiled. "Alright, let's see what else you've got!"

The challenger sent out a snorunt. Viola frantically snapped a few pictures of this new pokemon as well. It may not be a bug type, but it was an unusual sight in Kalos. "Not too often a challenger uses a snorunt..." she commented. His choice was throwing her off a bit. But, it was an ice-type, which meant it would still be weak to rock. "Alright Venipede, rollout! Give it all you've got!"

"Veni!" Venipede obediently rolled into a ball, but the challenger was quicker, sending a hidden power straight in their direction. Venipede couldn't avoid fast enough and was struck. The venipede paused to recooperate, and Viola figured he took a lot of damage from the attack. Was that a super effective hidden power? This wasn't good. "Try again! Rollout!" Venipede rolled into a ball again and headed straight for the snorunt, though at a notably slower pace from before due to paralysis.

- Gym Leader Viola -
Santalune Gym - Vs. Solaris​

After her first battle, a second challenger was right on his tail. Viola didn't mind - the pokemon from her first battle would be tired, but she had plenty where that came from. "Hey, I wanna challenge you to a battle!" the girl announced.

Viola nodded and resumed her position on the battlefield. The challenger threw out a zigzagoon and both grinned across the field at her. Viola could practically feel the excitement from the other end. "That determined expression… That glint in your eye that says you're up to the challenge… It's fantastic!" Viola exclaimed, snapping a few photos of these newcomers too. "Alright, time to see what you've got! Go, Illumise!"

The firefly pokemon emerged onto the field and did a cute twirl. "Illu!" she chirped happily. Viola's strategy for this battle was going to be much different than her last. "Let's start this thing off! Use charm!"

"Illu~" The illumise winked cutely at the zigzagoon and a number of pink hearts soared toward it. The attack was entirely harmless, but if it worked properly, would lower the attack of the opponent.

Viveshade

What's Next?
Carmelo Kinder
Santalune Gym
Party:
361.png
(Chanel)
001.png
(Ivan)
664.png
(Kallima)

Carmelo watched as Viola frantically took pictures of Chanel. Chanel, being the model that she was, made a few unique poses for each snap.

“Yes, Chanel… Work it…” He said sarcastically. “Viola has no idea how much Chanel is loving this right now…”

“Not too often a challenger uses a Snorunt…” She commented.

“Oh, really? Chanel was my first Pokémon! We go way back! Well, a whole year, but you know, ha,” He responded awkwardly.

“Alright Venipede, Rollout! Give it all you've got!” Viola ordered her tough Bug Pokémon. Venipede curled into a ball and began rolling towards Chanel, but luckily, her Hidden Power struck Venipede before it could reach her. Venipede recoiled a bit, seemingly from taking a lot of damage.

“Nice, Chanel! That Hidden Power might be just what we need!” Carmelo said.

“Try again! Rollout!” Venipede rolled into a ball once again and headed straight for Chanel, although it was slower now due to its paralysis.

“Chanel, we have to strategize! Use Powder Snow over the field in front of you!” He commanded.

“Sno!” Chanel jumped up and blew a chilling Powder Snow on the field, which caused it to be covered with a thin sheet of ice.

This is risky, but…” He thought. “Now, skate towards Venipede!”

Chanel’s expression turned into a mix of nervousness and determination, as she trusted Carmelo’s judgment, but also knew that if she was hit by this attack, she was done for. “Snorunt!” Chanel cried as she skated towards the bug.

“Now, use Hidden Power!” He shouted.

Chanel shot the Hidden Power just before she began tripping over her feet. "Snorunt, Sno!"

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
André Bellamy
Hat Store
Party:
035.png
(Jolie)
653.png
(Daphne)
669.png
(Rose)
280.png
(Pierre)
183.png
(Sophie)

As André was admiring himself in the mirror, Katherine spoke up. "Y'know, call this morbid curiosity, but there is something I just need to know." She then swiftly took the hat André was wearing off by the brim, and placed a plain fedora on his head. "Look at you, you look amazing!" She excitedly exclaimed as she held her arm around his shoulders. She fiddled out her phone to get a few pictures.

André smiled for the pictures. He liked the attention, but did not care for this hat at all. Once Katherine was done snapping pictures, he took it right off, and put it back on the empty shelf. Then he put his own pink beret back on. "It is so boring though!" was André's response.

At that moment, André started to hear some sort of commotion going on in the store. He turned around to see, a Gible. Standing there, looking up at Katherine. If that thing was here, then surely that meant the trainer from earlier was here too. It's not like Gibles randomly running into hat stores were a common occurrence in Kalos.

And, as if on cue, the young man burst into the store. "Gotcha, you little bi-...i.." the irritated sounding voice said. His expression turned from one of triumph, to one of dread for some strange reason.

"Oh, fancy meeting you here!" Katherine eagerly said. "I take it you are here to take me up on the offer for that date at the cafè? The cafè is just a short hike from here, Come on." she said in a friendly tone to the blonde guy. "This is non-negitionable." André could see that boy was unsettled by this, but André himself found it rather cute in a way. She took him by the arm, and yanked him after her out of the store.

André wasn't pleased that Katherine had up and left like that, but he laughed it off. The paring of those two was just hilarious. He then purchased the pink hat he had tried on before. It was so much more interesting than that boring fedora Katherine had thrust upon his head. This one was well-decorated, and was pink! The clerks seemed to be excited about accepting money from a movie star. Once André paid for his purchase, he blew the two clerks a kiss, and they both squealed excitedly. One of them actually fainted. Meanwhile, André casually strolled out of the store, called up his assistant to take his purchase, then casually strolled over to the cafè. He wasn't about to let Katherine just abandon him at the hat store, and he just had to know how their "date" was going.

---

Cafè

André arrived at the cafè, and found the duo sitting at a table, chatting. Well, in actuality it was Katherine doing the chatting. The other boy just looked unnerved. André released Jolie from her Pokeball, and ordered a couple of Swirlix Shakes for the two of them from the passing waiter. Then, he pulled up a chair, and sat right in between the duo, and put his arms around both their shoulders. "Ah, l'amour. It is a wonderful thing, non?" He asked with a big smile on his face.

Meanwhile, Jolie sat on the table, next to Katherine's Duskull, and drank her pink drink as soon as it arrived.

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Luna Ashfeld
Santalune City Pokemon Centre
Party: ;200; (Valencia) :656: (Valaine) ;280; ((September) Shiny)

For a good while, Luna sat by herself outside the Pokemon Center, watching as the others bickered inside it and eventually all left, one by one, to different places. Andre had left a while ago, dragging Katherine with him, and the next to exit the centre was the girl that looked like a thug. She had always been a mystery to Luna, her intentions and hopes for the future, as well as why she was even here in the first place, was unknown to her. She seemed to be thinking about something. Luna, always a curious person, decided to stay where she was, in the shadows, and watch, in the hopes that she would begin to think aloud.

"No, I can do this on my own...I don't need anyone," she was saying, sounding somewhat irritated. Her Pokemon gathered around her, and her Houndour seemed to look directly at Luna and let out a small growling sound. Somewhat unnerved, Luna stayed stock still, as she knew she would be more noticeable if she made any movements. The girl seemed to simply regard that growl as a cute sound a pet made, and smiled slightly. So she did have a nice side to her.

"But I signed up for this damn thing, didn't I?" she said, as if steeling herself for something, sounding even more exasperated. She seemed to have regretted coming, and so far, she certainly hadn’t gotten along very well with the others. "C'mon, boys...let's get to the Gym. Let's show those assholes how we handle things.”

So she was going to the gym as well. Luna stayed stock still in the shadows and let them pass. Something told her that that girl probably didn’t want anyone to have seen or heard that. She sighed slightly, and leant back further, until she was almost lying down. Already, she was thinking about heading into the nearby forest for some training, but had yet to find the energy to get up. There was a comfortable breeze, and it aroused a sense of drowsiness within her.

As if to snap her awake, the man that had had the Gible attached to his leg stormed out of the Pokemon centre, heavily bandaged and limping slightly. Once again, she was struck by how dangerous this whole Pokemon training thing was. The guy was positively fuming, and had it been a cartoon, smoke would have been coming out of his ears. He was so distracted that he almost walked into a signpost, forcing Luna to stifle a chuckle, before she saw the Gible run into a hat store.

"Really, Bál, freaking really? A hat store? Now you discover your feminine side!?" the guy groaned, sounding more exasperated by the second as he rushed in after his starter. "Get the hell back here! Hey!" As he said the last part of that sentence, Luna swore she heard him make a sound that indicated that he was still in pain. She made a mental note to stay away from Gibles. The guy disappeared into the hat store.

After a while, Luna stood up and let her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. She had forgotten to do so, and her Froakie was most definitely not happy about it, blowing bubbles at her face to show his displeasure. Luna wiped them off with her sleeve, and bent down to give him a pat on the head to placate him. She walked out of the shade and began to look around for something to do. The hat store did no interest her - she never had any sense of fashion - and she had already ruled out going to the gym. There was, however, an enticing-looking Cafe around the corner that caught her eye. She walked towards it, her three Pokemon following behind her like lost children.

When she entered the Cafe, she found Andre already sitting there, watching as Katherine chatted with the pissed off guy from earlier, who wasn’t looking any less pissed off. Sighing slightly, Luna moved to the edge of the Cafe in an attempt to be less conspicuous, and began to look for an empty seat.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Solaris Hernandez
Santalune Gym
Party: X (Riolu); Aria (Chespin); Ashe (Zigzagoon)

Solaris, and Ashe as well, she noted, blinked in suprise at Viola taking pictures of them. That wasn't something that happened to her everyday. Not that she really minded that. It just felt a little...weird, for lack of a betted word. Though thinking about picutres being taken made her remember Andre would've probably found that enjoyable and struck poses and stuff. He was a movie star and all. So she "logically" decided to do the latter in the form of briefly making the V sign with her fingers and flashing an even bigger grin. Even while doing that, she could feel Ashe roll her eyes.

After the camera shots, the battle finally started. Viola sent out an Illumise and Solaris would've gotten out her Pokedex, if it wasn't inside her duffelbag. There wasn't enough time for that as the gym leader ordered her Pokemon to do Charm. Solaris wasn't fazed.

"Ashe! Charge head on with a Headbutt!"

And charged Ashe did, barreling through the Charm attack, managing to avoid at least half of the floating hearts. Whether the Headbutt connected or not, Solaris then shouted,

"Sand Attack at her eyes!"

Ashe then proceeded to whip her tail against the ground, aiming at the spot Solaris ordered. Solaris hoped it would work. It would counterbalance the weakened attack from Charm. If the opponent had a harder time hitting Ashe, then that meant more chances to attack.