• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameman

Hi everyone!

Since I haven't seen a discussion thread of the Kalos League all in one plaveI've decided to make this thread to focus discussion on the Kalos League. You can talk about your opinion on the League so far and how you think the League will turn out, along with anything else that strikes your fancy pertaining to the League.

Enjoy!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So far Alain, Ash, Sawyer and Tierno have all moved on. Sawyer is going to beat Tierno while Ash and Alain beat their own opponents. Then it be Ash vs Sawyer where they fight with 6 pokemon. It is strongly hinted that Ash is battling Alain next so Ash could win against Sawyer. Both would revealed their final team member whoever the pokemon maybe. Then it be Ash vs Alain where Alain would reveal the rest of his team during the battle. I think Alain would win in my opinion.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Seems kind of unpopular but I enjoyed the first episode so far. It seems to be trying to tell a story this time around with building up to Ash vs Sawyer and Ash vs Alain. Not to mention the way they are having Ash act, he has never declared his dream like that before a crowd.

I feel as though XYZ 33 will be better on the battles since this week was meant to show how not everyone who gets 8 badges is strong since Alain managed to OHKO all of Trevor's pokemon and it's assumed to be the same for Ash. Hopefully it opens with Greninja winning a match before jumping to dinner where Ash finds out he's facing Astrid. He then goes with his three flyers who each get 1 win with Hawlucha beating Mega Absol. Then it picks up with the beginning of Sawyer vs Tierno.

Anyway, just going to say this for my prediction of how the Kalos League ends: Ash Ketchum is going to win his first League championship in Kalos.

Lucas MV

I think something has been spoiled, and nobody has point it out yet (at least that I know).

See this picture: https://postimg.org/image/m0ak3pax3/
This was aired after the ending and before the preview in the last episode.

That picture shows 10 pokemon, 9 of which we know are owned by some trainer in the league.

Ash's Greninja, Alain's Charizard and Metagross, Trevor's Aerodactyl, Tomo's Altaria, Remo's Garchomp, Tierno's Ludicolo and Sawyer's Sceptile and Aegislash.

And there is a Slaking. It wouldn't make sense for it to be random since it's surrounded by 9 league pokemon. So a Slaking is participating in the league.

My guess is Slaking could be Sawyer's sixth pokemon, since his team is made of Kalos and Hoenn pokemon. It could also be Alain's, since it's a pseudo like Metagross and the kind of pokemon you'd expect him to have.

What do you think guys?

TheScentedApple

I think something has been spoiled, and nobody has point it out yet (at least that I know).

See this picture: https://postimg.org/image/m0ak3pax3/
This was aired after the ending and before the preview in the last episode.

That picture shows 10 pokemon, 9 of which we know are owned by some trainer in the league.

Ash's Greninja, Alain's Charizard and Metagross, Trevor's Aerodactyl, Tomo's Altaria, Remo's Garchomp, Tierno's Ludicolo and Sawyer's Sceptile and Aegislash.

And there is a Slaking. It wouldn't make sense for it to be random since it's surrounded by 9 league pokemon. So a Slaking is participating in the league.

My guess is Slaking could be Sawyer's sixth pokemon, since his team is made of Kalos and Hoenn pokemon. It could also be Alain's, since it's a pseudo like Metagross and the kind of pokemon you'd expect him to have.

What do you think guys?

Yesssss I've been trying to find this image since I first saw it and couldn't get a screen grab. I honestly don't know who's it could be, although Sawyers team is very well built in terms of abilities (Mega Launcher, Lightning Rod, Stance Change, and possibly unburden and moxie/intimidate) so something like this seems likely and unlikely in a sense (his team being focused more around abilities but the abilities being good/boosting types) so I think Alain will have it. I also wanted to say that I thought Alain said he only wanted pokemon that had the ability to mega evolve somewhere...

k6666

Pikachu Fan
so is ash confirmed tobe in final?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I can see Sawyer use Slaking as a Retaliate-abuser.. Lose a pokemon, send out Slaking, use Retaliate, instant KO, switch out again..

Seems like a great opponent for Hawlucha.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mega Sceptile / Salamence /Aegislash / Clawitzer / Slurpuff / Slaking

Plot-powered super rookie with the Cameron-esque death squad.

At this rate, Leprechaun will become defeating Trollbias in a couple of regions.

I can see Sawyer use Slaking as a Retaliate-abuser.. Lose a pokemon, send out Slaking, use Retaliate, instant KO, switch out again..

Seems like a great opponent for Hawlucha.

I love this idea and I could see it too now that you've painted the picture for me.:563:

phanpycross

God-king
Mega Sceptile / Salamence /Aegislash / Clawitzer / Slurpuff / Slaking

Plot-powered super rookie with the Cameron-esque death squad.

At this rate, Leprechaun will become defeating Trollbias in a couple of regions.
It's the zygarde Radiation. The same radiation that made Noibat evolve way too quickly, and created Ash-greninja.

How? I dont need to explain that.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think the league will be just over six episodes with the Team Flare climax starting in the seventh episode and end up being 2-3 episodes long. So 7-9 episodes combined for both

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Was kind of hoping the League would run a little longer, but 6 episodes seems to be the length for this arc. Its already looking to be done better than the Unova League, so I can't wait to see how everything ends up.

My prediction still stands; Ash makes it to the Top 4 at least, but my hope is that he reaches the Finals. From what I've seen, it looks like he'll be going up against Alain.

TheScentedApple

Was kind of hoping the League would run a little longer, but 6 episodes seems to be the length for this arc. Its already looking to be done better than the Unova League, so I can't wait to see how everything ends up.

My prediction still stands; Ash makes it to the Top 4 at least, but my hope is that he reaches the Finals. From what I've seen, it looks like he'll be going up against Alain.

I think that he will win against Sawyer because otherwise Alains entering the Pokemon League would be pointless (aside from collecting Mega evolution energy)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think that he will win against Sawyer because otherwise Alains entering the Pokemon League would be pointless (aside from collecting Mega evolution energy)

Wasn't it implied in a recent scan that Ash and Alain are destined to battle in the league any ways? Cuz if so then that basically guarantees that Ash will defeat Sawyer. ^^

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I need confirmation on this, but is Alan being hinted as spy to watch out for Team Flare's plans on Mega Evolution and the Zygarde Core? Not sure if the subtitles are correct on the recent episode, but he kinda mentioned something about the 'enemy's plot on Mega Evolution' or something. Alan plot twist?

The first episode was great, though. Also, knowing that there are so many frustrated trainers out there who weren't able to complete their badges and join the Kalos League puts Ash's skills into perspective. Well, all of the Kalos League qualifiers, at least. So much build up to Ash winning (declaring his dream to become a Pokemon Master and win the Kalos League, that Furfrou trainer telling him to carry out the frustrations and dreams of trainers like him and not lose, etc.), and I am strongly hoping that it'll happen, but I am definitely more excited to see the full battles against Shota and Alan regardless of results. Crisp animation!

I'm hoping Ash vs Alain will be a three parter.

When are the next episode titles likely to be revealed?

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
I need confirmation on this, but is Alan being hinted as spy to watch out for Team Flare's plans on Mega Evolution and the Zygarde Core? Not sure if the subtitles are correct on the recent episode, but he kinda mentioned something about the 'enemy's plot on Mega Evolution' or something. Alan plot twist?

The first episode was great, though. Also, knowing that there are so many frustrated trainers out there who weren't able to complete their badges and join the Kalos League puts Ash's skills into perspective. Well, all of the Kalos League qualifiers, at least. So much build up to Ash winning (declaring his dream to become a Pokemon Master and win the Kalos League, that Furfrou trainer telling him to carry out the frustrations and dreams of trainers like him and not lose, etc.), and I am strongly hoping that it'll happen, but I am definitely more excited to see the full battles against Shota and Alan regardless of results. Crisp animation!

I wouldn't say he's a spy but he did mention quickly that he was at the League to battle Ash and to collect Mega Evolution energy. So in a sense, he is still helping Lysandre out by wanting to compete against Ash.

I wouldn't say he's a spy either because he has no idea what's going on with Z2 or the Mega Evolution energy. He's under the assumption that it's needed to help Chespie and so he'll do it to see Marion and Chespie smile again.

CupidKirby

Wasn't it implied in a recent scan that Ash and Alain are destined to battle in the league any ways? Cuz if so then that basically guarantees that Ash will defeat Sawyer. ^^

Personally, I think the entire saga wouldn't make sense unless Ash made at least top 2.

Why would they rush through the top 64, 32, 16, and 8 if Ash was only finishing in top 4? He would lose the only on-screen full length battle that's even shown in the league.

How would Alain facing Sawyer in the finals lead to anything? The two have never met. Sawyer's story hits a wall in that his final goal is Ash, while Ash wouldn't hit a wall because his final goal is Alain/Champion. Plus Alain would be heavily let down by all the promises made with Ash to face each other.

What about Ash's sixth Pokemon? The first full battle is confirmed to be in the top 4. With all the hype around the sixth Pokemon, it seems dumb for it not to do well in its debut against Sawyer.

What would Ash losing to Sawyer even do? Sawyer has no business at all after the league and even if he does, would likely have no significant role. Meanwhile Alain still has all his luggage for the Team Flare arc. It makes much more sense to have Ash lose to Alain than to Sawyer, then have the final Ash vs Alain clash at the climax of saving Kalos.

At this point, the only way I can see Ash not getting top 2 is literally if Team Flare set the league on fire in the middle of the match. It's not so much implied by the writers so much as the writers putting themselves in a pitfall where they must do a certain action in any hopes of not being brutally murdered by forks.

I don't pay too much attention to when they're revealed. But I've noticed new titles tend to come out when there are only two unaired episodes remaining.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas

Usually we have titles for the next 4 weeks, unless a magazine or so will reveal more or they trying to keep something a secret.

I really wonder how the League will end, I can't see them make Ash loose to Alain once more would be just too much. And Ash winning seems so unlikely. So I wonder how tbat will go down.

Looking forward to Ash vs Astrid this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.