• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title is a lie, or theyre just speaking generally. Obviously someone will go home victorious but its could very well be alan

Could you please drop the 'title is a lie' thing lol? It is obviously not.

I personally believe that the title could be misleading too. I am not saying it MUST be misleading, but it CAN be misleading. But this only makes me more happy because I don't want to be sure that Ash is winning the league - I want to be at the edge of my seat till the end to know who is going to win. Sure, it will be sad if Ash doesn't win but that's fine!

As for the teams,

Alain is confirmed to have Metagross Tyranitar Mega Charizard X Weavile - what is common about all of them are these Pokemon are considered competitively good (Shota's team doesn't seem that spectacular in comparison). I think we can expect some other badass pokemon.

Haxorus, yes.

Not sure about the Kalos Pokemon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I personally believe that the title could be misleading too. I am not saying it MUST be misleading, but it CAN be misleading. But this only makes me more happy because I don't want to be sure that Ash is winning the league - I want to be at the edge of my seat till the end to know who is going to win. Sure, it will be sad if Ash doesn't win but that's fine!

As for the teams,

Alain is confirmed to have Metagross Tyranitar Mega Charizard X Weavile - what is common about all of them are these Pokemon are considered competitively good (Shota's team doesn't seem that spectacular in comparison). I think we can expect some other badass pokemon.

Haxorus, yes.

Not sure about the Kalos Pokemon.

Couldnt you also say the screenshots are misleading too then? It showing Megazard kind of over powering and towering greninja.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
I've decided that I'm leaving any pokemon related social media until the Kalos League ends. The reason is simple: Ash has, for the very first time, a real chance of winning the League. And I want to experience that the same way I did as a kid.

I can't imagine any bigger excitement for me, than to be watching Ash vs Alain in the finals, rooting for Ash to finally become champion, and with all the emotions that the uncertainty will bring to that moment.

So, while it might be hard to control the anxiety, I'm sure it will be worth it.

I'll be back when the Kalos league ends, and hopefully we will celebrate Ash's victory together!
I mean, if he beats Alan, he'd be the winner of the tournament... but to become champion, he has to battle the Elite four and then Diantha afterwards to be a real champion, no?

That ain't happening. He'll be lucky to beat Alan. But an E4 member? Not a chance. Him winning his first tournament since the Orange Islands would be a good excuse for the show to turn to a new protagonist though.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I mean, if he beats Alan, he'd be the winner of the tournament... but to become champion, he has to battle the Elite four and then Diantha afterwards to be a real champion, no?

That ain't happening. He'll be lucky to beat Alan. But an E4 member? Not a chance. Him winning his first tournament since the Orange Islands would be a good excuse for the show to turn to a new protagonist though.

I mean he basically beat diantha's mega gardevoir. Him winning the league is not a great excuse to replace him yet.

Domok

Ash winning the League for the first time is still a giant feat though. I don't even care if he gets swept in the first fight in the Champion League as long as he wins the normal Kalos league.

Last edited:
Couldnt you also say the screenshots are misleading too then? It showing Megazard kind of over powering and towering greninja.

A single sceenshot cannot determine who is winning - depending on how they want to project things, they could select any screenshot for the magazine.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
I mean he basically beat diantha's mega gardevoir. Him winning the league is not a great excuse to replace him yet.
20 years isn't long enough to justify going a different direction? He's never going to become a Pokemon master. He'll win a tournament, and probably go back and be a Frontier Brain, or maybe a gym leader in Kanto. That's all I see for his future, and I would like for Pokemon to go in a different direction.

That's my own opinion though.

Ash winning the League for the first time is still a giant feat though. I don't even care if he gets swept in the first fight in the Champion League as long as he wins the normal Kalos league.
And that's why they should make it so that he wins, and decides to stay in Kanto or somewhere else.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
The screenshots honestly hint at ash winning even more. The fact they show Megazard kind of towering over greninja and ash and over powering them really sets up for them to win. Plus then with it showing lysandre looking at ash and confronting him. I have a feeling he wants to at first make ash alain's replacement basically as his assistant for beating him.

May I ask which thread the screenshots are posted?

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
This

This over confidence makes me feel even more like ash will end up winning.
I guess it's nice to see him channeling his inner Red for once. Although, he most certainly is no Red. And never will be.

The writers have pretty much given him a clear way to win. They have not only given him strong Pokemon, but all of them (excluding Pikachu obviously...) are fully evolved, which is odd since he always goes into tournaments with some baby Pokemon. Buizel in Sinnoh... smh. They also gave him a Mega Greninja, without even needing a stone.

Don't forget though, overconfidence is some people's greatest weakness. Gary's overconfidence led him to give up competing.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I guess it's nice to see him channeling his inner Red for once. Although, he most certainly is no Red. And never will be.

The writers have pretty much given him a clear way to win. They have not only given him strong Pokemon, but all of them (excluding Pikachu obviously...) are fully evolved, which is odd since he always goes into tournaments with some baby Pokemon. Buizel in Sinnoh... smh.

Don't forget though, overconfidence is some people's greatest weakness. Gary's overconfidence led him to give up competing.

No I mean alain was the one who said that, and it makes me think that will lead to his downfall.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
hope ash wining is true , but i dont want my hope ups
i wish all his friend watch him in tv
aah so many hype but still dont want my hope ups

blob

Wouldn't it just SUCK if Ash wins with his current team? Kind of gives a huge middle finger to all of his old Pokémon, especially the unevolved ones.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Wouldn't it just SUCK if Ash wins with his current team? Kind of gives a huge middle finger to all of his old Pokémon, especially the unevolved ones.

Why? it's a strong team, but he has to win the Kanto league imo, with all his pokemon yeah, or at least challenge the Kanto Elite Four with those pokemon. The only thing that bothers me is, Greninja one shotted Altaria guy, Greninja vs Sceptile will be the last/main battle in the Shota battle, Greninja will be the last/main battle in the Alain battle, it's even worse than Infernape...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Why? it's a strong team, but he has to win the Kanto league imo, with all his pokemon yeah, or at least challenge the Kanto Elite Four with those pokemon. The only thing that bothers me is, Greninja one shotted Altaria guy, Greninja vs Sceptile will be the last/main battle in the Shota battle, Greninja will be the last/main battle in the Alain battle, it's even worse than Infernape...

Why does that surprise or bother you? They have been building up Ash greninja since the start of xyz, and arguably since the first episode of the series with froakie. Ash greninja is the ultimate bong with ash is all powerful.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why does that surprise or bother you? They have been building up Ash greninja since the start of xyz, and arguably since the first episode of the series with froakie. Ash greninja is the ultimate bong with ash is all powerful.

It doesn't surprise me, it bothers me yes(not that much I assume I will enjoy the battles), because we already got this with Infernape, and people also complained about it, they could have made another rivalry with Shota, instead of the Greninja/Sceptile situation, heck even Pikachu would be fine.

Captain America X

I don't see how Greninja's worse than Infernape.Greninja so far at least has barely stolen any battles than other Pokemon could have used throughout the series.

And focus wise it has only recently been getting a lot.Prior to Gym 7,Greninja was barely getting any focus.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
It doesn't surprise me, it bothers me yes(not that much I assume I will enjoy the battles), because we already got this with Infernape, and people also complained about it, they could have made another rivalry with Shota, instead of the Greninja/Sceptile situation, heck even Pikachu would be fine.
Infernape was a huge story because Chimchar didn't make the cut for Paul. So throughout the entire adventure, they gave Chimchar a backstory, and a reason to make Paul regret his decision.

The two situations aren't the same. They're obviously building Ash and Greninja because it can mega evolve without the use of a key ring. And a Mega Greninja hasn't been officially announced prior to XY&Z.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Infernape was a huge story because Chimchar didn't make the cut for Paul. So throughout the entire adventure, they gave Chimchar a backstory, and a reason to make Paul regret his decision.

The two situations aren't the same. They're obviously building Ash and Greninja because it can mega evolve without the use of a key ring. And a Mega Greninja hasn't been officially announced prior to XY&Z.

Them taking all the glory off the rest of thier teammates is the comparison, but at least in Infernape league it wasn't just him, Gible and Noctowl got a good battle, and Pikachu also got to tie with Latios.

I'm not fine that we get two battles, and the same pokemon is the star of those two battles, you guys can give me 300 different arguments, I'm just not fine with it, and like I said I'll enjoy the battles most likely, but that is a different story.

nuzamaki90

Them taking all the glory off the rest of thier teammates is the comparison, but at least in Infernape league it wasn't just him, Gible and Noctowl got a good battle, and Pikachu also got to tie with Latios.

I'm not fine that we get two battles, and the same pokemon is the star of those two battles, you guys can give me 300 different arguments, I'm just not fine with it, and like I said I'll enjoy the battles most likely, but that is a different story.

Hawlucha beat Mega Absol and Pikachu took down the Furfrou punk :p

Status
Not open for further replies.