• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Them taking all the glory off the rest of thier teammates is the comparison, but at least in Infernape league it wasn't just him, Gible and Noctowl got a good battle, and Pikachu also got to tie with Latios.

I'm not fine that we get two battles, and the same pokemon is the star of those two battles, you guys can give me 300 different arguments, I'm just not fine with it, and like I said I'll enjoy the battles most likely, but that is a different story.
Steven Stone is probably one of the best trainers out there. Lucian too. Who is their one Pokemon that can steal a battle for them? Obviously Metagross and Milotic. I don't think it's ridiculous that trainers have one mon that IS their main. Because that's always how it goes.

I don't think it steals any "glory". They're just the headliners. It would be like saying a sports team only won with their superstar player. No. It's a team effort through and through. Even if people only seem to notice the star.

Epicocity

Them taking all the glory off the rest of thier teammates is the comparison, but at least in Infernape league it wasn't just him, Gible and Noctowl got a good battle, and Pikachu also got to tie with Latios.

I'm not fine that we get two battles, and the same pokemon is the star of those two battles, you guys can give me 300 different arguments, I'm just not fine with it, and like I said I'll enjoy the battles most likely, but that is a different story.

The biggest difference between Greninja and Infernape is (hopefully/likely) twofold:
1) Chimchar owned almost every gym starting with Fantina, taking out 1-2 Pokemon on each side. Frogadier/Greninja, got, at most 2 wins in one battle, and only had wins in 3 other gyms, one of which, Pikachu was the star of, and another of which he starred alongside Talonflame.
2) Infernape took out 3 of Paul's Pokemon in their battle. Greninja, at best, will maybe take out 2 on Sawyer/Alain, but will mostly be reserved for the Megas, which narratively makes sense given the built-up rivalry with Sceptile and somewhat making it obvious that nothing else can match Megazard X.

Captain America X

We haven't even seen the battles yet to say that only Greninja gets good fights in this league.

If the only thing Greninja does is beat the final Pokemon than I doubt it would be as bad as Infernape taking out half of Paul's team.If Greninja takes out most of Sawyer/Alain's pokemon than I'd agree with you.

blob

Why? it's a strong team, but he has to win the Kanto league imo, with all his pokemon yeah, or at least challenge the Kanto Elite Four with those pokemon. The only thing that bothers me is, Greninja one shotted Altaria guy, Greninja vs Sceptile will be the last/main battle in the Shota battle, Greninja will be the last/main battle in the Alain battle, it's even worse than Infernape...

Because it makes his other Pokémon redundant, plus some of them haven't been used in AGES!

Mr. Henry

Banned
Wow, the Kalos team is Ash's arguably strongest team ever, so great for these guys, Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Noivern and Goodra deserve all this glory, they fought hard during the course of XY, completely deserved for them to be the winners of the Kalos League.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Alain would narrowly win against Ash. Ash has a great team but I believe Alain's team would be better in my opinion. I don't see a victory for Ash for this league or any other league.

Domok

I think Alain would narrowly win against Ash. Ash has a great team but I believe Alain's team would be better in my opinion. I don't see a victory for Ash for this league or any other league.

I mean,He technically he won the orange league and the battle frontier. Him winning a league isn't THAT unprecedented. He probably will lose to his first fight in the Champions league but I do think he can beat Alain as Greninja already matches Charizard as shown in their last battle before ash fainted.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Guys I'm sorry, no argument you can present makes me change my opinion on not wanting to have one pokemon be "the league", so let's just agree to disagree(if there is anything to disagree, I think it's just a matter of pure opinion here).

Because it makes his other Pokémon redundant, plus some of them haven't been used in AGES!

That is why I want his journey to end, just give me a new protagonist, he has more and more pokemon, and they don't get used, people want to see them, but we never get to. Give me a big Kanto league ending with all his pokemon, and then give me a new protagonist.

Red and Blue

Guys I'm sorry, no argument you can present makes me change my opinion on not wanting to have one pokemon be "the league", so let's just agree to disagree(if there is anything to disagree, I think it's just a matter of pure opinion here).

That is why I want his journey to end, just give me a new protagonist, he has more and more pokemon, and they don't get used, people want to see them, but we never get to. Give me a big Kanto league ending with all his pokemon, and then give me a new protagonist.
Kanto League? When would he even have the opportunity to challenge the Kanto League again?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
A new character is pointless as they would do exactly the same thing as Ash would do in my opinion. That is why Ash should stay in my opinion. Ash made a great achievement by reaching top 2 but I do believe that it be as far as he can go in my opinion.

Epicocity

We certainly want to see them, but one has to wonder if kids these days even remember or know that Ash has, say, a Muk or a Totodile. Sadly, they're the ones being catered to...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Ash would move on to Alola. There hasn't been any signs of him leaving and I doubt he would leave any time at all. There is always new regions and leagues to do so Ash would keep going.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
I think Ash would move on to Alola. There hasn't been any signs of him leaving and I doubt he would leave any time at all. There is always new regions and leagues to do so Ash would keep going.

My feelings exactly. Personally, if they were to write Ash out of the show then they would have to write the TRio out as well since they're joined at the hip. Also, Ash would have to do a final story arc with Giovanni and Team Rocket before his story is finished.

gliscor&yanmega

Having watched the first episode, it really got me more excited for the league. I don't mind the battles not being shown in full mainly because it shows enough to tell you what's going on. Alain and Ash simply are on another level than their opponents. Plus I just love how much focus is being put on Ash planning to win, and going all out right from the start. If he doesn't win then I'd say this league did the best at making it seem like he would. If he does win, I wouldn't be surprised(Albeit, it would be a bit surreal).

It would have been nice to see the battles more fleshed out but I can live with it, plus the full battles are likely going to be very intense.

_Dog

My feelings exactly. Personally, if they were to write Ash out of the show then they would have to write the TRio out as well since they're joined at the hip. Also, Ash would have to do a final story arc with Giovanni and Team Rocket before his story is finished.

And I'd be all for it. Why does the show have to follow the status quo? Don't you think 20 years of losing would be detrimental to the whole idea of Ash fulfilling his goal?

Some people are so insistent about Ash going to Alola as if nothing happens that they feel threatened at the thought of Ash winning the league, because if that happens, then it opens the door to new possibilities in the future. Why people don't want that is astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.