• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunala

Banned
I was hoping for an Ash victory myself because Alain is boring, but I think it was pretty clear this wasn't the time for Ash to win. I'm hoping the Team Flare stuff will be really fun to watch since it's of more importance than the league

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
No, what Alain had won is a hollow victory simply because of what is about to occur. And he still didn't learn his lesson based on the previews. Apparently, he's still on Team Flare's side. And he's asking to get beaten.
And I'm sure Ash would support his decisions but he's only a kid rather than a teenager like Alan. Alan vs Lysandre battle coming soon! :D I guess he'll have to learn the hard way in order for him to change. Once that Charizard of his or rather, when Lysandre takes back the Mega Stone he let Alan use for a while and he starts becoming an average ace then his ego would get stomped on. Nah I actually think he'll go crazy. I mran he did say that he'll do anything to get stronger to protect the ones he loves feel something for.

So Ash is becoming Paul 2.0?

When Ash starts focusing more on power & strength rather than bonds is when he'll thrive to be like Paul.

I'd rather he become like Alan I mean he has some concept of bond with his Charizard.

ugotmybeef

I also like how the regular AG shuriken smashes the champions ace nearly making it faint, but the ultimate enhanced epic shuriken gives no scratch to Godzard-X. Good stuff.

I'm pretty sure the rocks rising from Blast Burn ultimately blocked the attack from hitting Charizard.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
And I'm sure Ash would support his decisions but he's only a kid rather than a teenager like Alan. Alan vs Lysandre battle coming soon! :D I guess he'll have to learn the hard way in order for him to change. Once that Charizard of his or rather, when Lysandre takes back the Mega Stone he let Alan use for a while and he starts becoming an average ace then his ego would get stomped on. Nah I actually think he'll go crazy. I mran he did say that he'll do anything to get stronger to protect the ones he loves feel something for.

When Ash starts focusing more on power & strength rather than bonds is when he'll thrive to be like Paul.

I'd rather he become like Alan I mean he has some concept of bond with his Charizard.

No it seems to be just Ash and Pikachu taking Lysandre and Mega Gyarados based on the preview. I do say that Alain's humiliation conga is in order. The guy has no idea what he has done.

LizardonX

Banned
I blame the Ash circle jerk and echo chamber that has spread up all over the internet for overhyping Ash and setting people's expectations far higher than they had any right to be.

shadowF

I am happy Alain won and hope he still stays as champion when the team flare arc ends and he is not disqualified. But I see Ash having another battle with Alian maybe this time just Mega charizard X vs Ash-Greninja.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I blame the Ash circle jerk and echo chamber that has spread up all over the internet for overhyping Ash and setting people's expectations far higher than they had any right to be.

And the most responsible for that is...

The staff itself.

Blazerz

I'm pretty sure the rocks rising from Blast Burn ultimately blocked the attack from hitting Charizard.

I'm pretty positive it hits since the shuriken is flying over the rocks and leads the camera to Charizard's face. They didn't show the double team shuriken colliding with Mega-Sceptile but we know it hit. So yeah it definetely hit which lead to unscratched Charizard-X going down on one knee for a dramatic effect. Such bs. Like Serena's master class performance which i think it was better than Aria, now Ash loses even tho the shuriken should have been the K.O'ing move.

SlimeStack

People really need to stop talking about hype. While a lot of people were hyped, the reason this loss is so bad is because the writing was bad. Ash was written in such a way that he was set to finally beat his rival, and when it came to him actually losing to said rival it was in a very lazy and rushed battle. Two of the most popular Pokémon in the whole franchise have their final battle in Ash's biggest official battle of all time, and it's just a couple of minutes exchanging blows followed up by inexplicable plot armor with Greninja suddenly fainting for seemingly no reason. Remember, they skipped half of the league to show off that lackluster fight.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
People really need to stop talking about hype. While a lot of people were hyped, the reason this loss is so bad is because the writing was bad. Ash was written in such a way that he was set to finally beat his rival, and when it came to him actually losing to said rival it was in a very lazy and rushed battle. Two of the most popular Pokémon in the whole franchise have their final battle in Ash's biggest official battle of all time, and it's just a couple of minutes exchanging blows followed up by inexplicable plot armor with Greninja suddenly fainting for seemingly no reason. Remember, they skipped half of the league to show off that lackluster fight.

Those are the main reasons why this sucks. Ash was always supposed to be alain the third time no matter what after the depression arc and mastering ash greninja. That was the whole point of the first two loses and building everything up. Plus with ash promising that guy he would win it for everyone that couldnt get in and other stuff.

NeoDude-5000

Those are the main reasons why this sucks. Ash was always supposed to be alain the third time no matter what after the depression arc and mastering ash greninja. That was the whole point of the first two loses and building everything up. Plus with ash promising that guy he would win it for everyone that couldnt get in and other stuff.

A rematch might happen you never know, even though it will be pointless. But Ash is pretty much now doomed to fail at Leagues. In 10 years time in whatever league final he reaches everyone is going to be like "Ash is finally going to win!" but most will say "Remember what happened at Kalos". I wasn't surprised at his loss, I was 30% sure he would win considering his unfortunate record.

Last edited:

SlimeStack

A rematch might happen you never know, even though it will be pointless. But Ash is pretty much now doomed to fail at Leagues.

I fully expect their rivalry arc to be concluded in a rematch, but that won't stop it from being bad writing.

If they wanted Ash to lose in the Kalos League, he should have beaten Alain in the top 4 and lost to someone else in the finals. The result would be the same but without the terrible writing.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
A rematch might happen you never know, even though it will be pointless. But Ash is pretty much now doomed to fail at Leagues. In 10 years time in whatever league final he reaches everyone is going to be like "Ash is finally going to win!" but most will say "Remember what happened at Kalos". I wasn't surprised at his loss, I was 30% sure he would win considering his unfortunate record.

Now if that happens, Alain will have to give his title to Ash (as well as the trophy) because clearly one of them is the better trainer.

mrgoku

I think the underlying reason this has to happen is securing the future success of the show by keeping >Pikachu< on it and that means keeping the same protagonist since Pikachu is non-transferable. Rica Matsumoto could get hit by a bus tomorrow or contract a terminal disease and that would be bye bye Satoshi.

Red and Blue

Now if that happens, Alain will have to give his title to Ash (as well as the trophy) because clearly one of them is the better trainer.

Why? Its wouldnt really be a official league battle. Plus Alain won fair and square.

Haunter ゴースト

They can easily have Ash win the League and keep him in the show, for some reason the writers just don't want to do it though. Beside Orange Islands.

mrgoku

They can easily have Ash win the League and keep him in the show, for some reason the writers just don't want to do it though. Beside Orange Islands.
Because it would make the next region he went to redundant since he would have won a Pokemon League challenge. It would remove dramatic tension in accumulating badges and so forth.

dp045

Why? Its wouldnt really be a official league battle. Plus Alain won fair and square.

That's right and it really would be very unfortunate to take out an argument like "Alain had extra help (from Lyssandre) to win" just to let Ash out the winner, that very to DC or Marvel when they change something in their comics because fans did not like. If you had a chance to win Ash was this, everything else does not really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.