1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by nameman, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Litleonid

Litleonid Well-Known Member

I think they put a lot more effort in writing the Team Flare arc probably. Its certainly looking like the most intense and daring climaxes we've ever seen.

2. Greneuliest808

Greneuliest808 Future Graduate

I understand buddy. I personally think Sinnoh is really the best league despite Tobias. Heck, if Tobias and Tyson weren't there, Ash may have won the Sinnoh AND Hoenn League. I will agree with you, I felt the pacing of the Kalos League was off. Like, how are we at the last part of the quarterfinals already after the first round? That's definitely a head scratcher for sure. The XYZ series is great so far though, I won't deny that. In all honesty though, I think the staff could've treated this league better. I personally feel that the league should've occurred after the TF arc rather than the order we have now. Would that be interesting if that were to happen? I would think so.

I definitely think so as well.

3. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

This league did needed some work but it was decent for me. Whether or not we wanted Ash to win, the writers decided to go with Alain and I have accepted him as the league champion with no complaints.

4. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

The TF arc does look really promising, but we (or at least I) have been tricked already on promising previews. I'm not going to hype up anything until I actually see it happen. For all we know the preview could once again be very delusional.

Anyways, I think we (or more like I) need to stop talking/complaining about the league. After XY(Z) is over I'm planning to rewatch the whole league to see if my opinions changed after the heat died down (I doubt it, but who knows)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Nothing can top evil Ash.

No, not the fake movie one.

6. Litleonid

When was Evil Ash again?

7. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

First match vs Brandon

8. Greneuliest808

It was prior to the final Frontier battle if I remember correctly. That was when Ash gets possessed by an evil spirit.

9. andrewscott48209

andrewscott48209 Well-Known Member

He also got possessed by shadow Hoopa, for at least a minute.

10. Greneuliest808

True, but that didn't really last longer than expected.

11. Kazuki Mirai

Kazuki Mirai Well-Known Member

My only gripes with the SInnoh League is the fact that they for some reason decide having a random scene with TR selling merchandise is more important than Quilava's FIRST BATTLE AFTER EVOLUTION. That's about it. The rest was pretty great other than Trollbias. Even then that gave its own redeeming factor in that Ash was the ONLY one to be able to take down Darkrai.

Although the thing with Alain is that he's pretty much directionless with his desire. "I want to be stronger." But what for? Sure he didn't think about the League that much but him meeting Ash help him find his way. Charizard is the equivalent of Ash's Pikachu but it's a stronger species and has a Mega Evolution. But eh. I wanted Ash to win as well. So did some of the staff too. But since this is the internet... mean has anyone saw the preview vids? The dislike was 14k before they disable the dislike and like function! Maybe this will give the higher ups an idea that they should vary up on the status quo.

12. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Wait they disabled the dislike function?

Saving face shipping poketuber and Japanese executive producer style!

I don't think even Ghostbusters stoop that low.

13. Litleonid

Oh, right, now I remember! I think this might have been one of the first episodes where the current voice actress took over.

Thank you! This took up two minutes, two minutes they could have used to show Quilava's first battle. Quilava deserved better

14. Greneuliest808

Quilava definitely deserves more screentime after evolving instead of 2 minutes of Team Rocket. That was a waste of screentime if you asked me.

15. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

A shame Ash lost, but oh well. Did better than every before at least. I've enjoyed what I've seen from the league thus far, and I'm sure once I watch the rest I'll still enjoy it.

16. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Man, you people will believe anything someone says online.

The preview on the TV Tokyo channel -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDBCBiFsMs

As you can see, you can still dislike the video, likes and dislikes are still there. You can always like/dislike a video on the TV Tokyo channel.

What people must have confused it with is the official Japanese Pokemon Youtube Channel where the likes/dislikes are always turned off -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEI4Twq7uCI

Seriously, do people actually think the staff cares about our opinion? That they'd be sad because some angry fan wrote a long rant and threatened to quit the show so they turned off the dislike bar to hide their humiliation? A lot of you guys need a reality check.

17. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Nonsense! This is a free world and we are allowed to let these people know what we think of them.

If such notion was never a thing, this would be a bleak world.

18. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

It's a tactic used by people who can't handle criticism on their views.

So yes I didn't double check nor bothered to question, any problem with that?

19. Janovy

Janovy Banned

No problem, just make sure not to spread misinformation (God knows there's enough of it as it is). xD

20. XY Rules

XY Rules Pokemon Master

Practically anything involving Team Rocket is a waste of screentime...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.