• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewscott48209

I really hope to see that orange shruiken again so it wouldn't be just for nothing. But for now, it is the shuriken that tried to win, but failed because it did absolutely nothing (like the opposite of how Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing).

Doesn't it seem suspicious that the large water shuriken that went unimpeded wound up doing next to nothing to Charizard? Especially when in the semi-finals against Sawyer, a water shuriken that was half the size, and was impeded by Sceptile's leaf storm and still knocked it out.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Doesn't it seem suspicious that the large water shuriken that went unimpeded wound up doing next to nothing to Charizard? Especially when in the semi-finals against Sawyer, a water shuriken that was half the size, and was impeded by Sceptile's leaf storm and still knocked it out.

It does seem suspicious actually. The shuriken that was created at half the size of that orange shruiken did wreck Sceptile, but the shuriken did almost no effect against Charizard. Charizard flinches and says, "Ha, you thought I would faint, huh? Well, guess again haters!" Hmm, this is suspicion at its finest.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The writers are putting a lot of faith into the TF plot because they just made the league a sub-plot in favor of the TF arc. The TF arc needs to deliver, as in be light's out and almost flawless. The previews and summaries so far make it seem promising, but we all know how deceiving those can be.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
The writers are putting a lot of faith into the TF plot because they just made the league a sub-plot in favor of the TF arc. The TF arc needs to deliver, as in be light's out and almost flawless. The previews and summaries so far make it seem promising, but we all know how deceiving those can be.

They are and they better make the TF arc great as advertised or else the ending of the Kalos League would be the biggest mistake they have ever made.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They halfassed this league for the Team Flare arc, no way will it not be good. That's where the budget went.

Fairplay

It does seem suspicious actually. The shuriken that was created at half the size of that orange shruiken did wreck Sceptile, but the shuriken did almost no effect against Charizard. Charizard flinches and says, "Ha, you thought I would faint, huh? Well, guess again haters!" Hmm, this is suspicion at its finest.

That was just freaking random for them to create a big bs Water Shuriken, just for it to do nothing. Like literally no one was surprised at it's size, except for Alain. Urrgh. It really sucks.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
That was just freaking random for them to create a big bs Water Shuriken, just for it to do nothing. Like literally no one was surprised at it's size, except for Alain. Urrgh. It really sucks.

And the loss still stings, but I have moved on from the loss. Looking back at it, the Kalos League ending was very disappointing. I do wonder why Alain is the only one that was surprised at the size. Of course, only Shota was surprised at that other shuriken as well where as I think no one else was surprised at that one as well as the other shuriken.

Epicocity

Quite honestly, and I could be totally wrong, but I get the feeling that the Flare arc is meant to cap every characters development:

Serena: Giving back to others by helping Mairin rescue Chespie
Clemont: Displaying bravery while bookending taking back his gym
Bonnie: Taking care of Squishy and what it means to be a trainer in a sense
Ash: All the development from Snowbelle coming into play, which actually came through the League

That alone would make the arc worth it to me. In any case, I don't think they're necessarily pouring their bigger budget in. After all, Ohashi, Nishitani and Iwane are probably their three best animators and they were all used on the League instead of Flare.

dp045

That alone would make the arc worth it to me. In any case, I don't think they're necessarily pouring their bigger budget in. After all, Ohashi, Nishitani and Iwane are probably their three best animators and they were all used on the League instead of Flare.

Still, the League was a disaster and only episode XYZ35 was what rescued from mediocrity to the league, in my opinion. Thus, there is little hope to see what happens with Team Flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.